Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
As the guy who ran the majority of the platoons when things were active I can assure you we never got official support from El Jefe past his initial broadcast or two. Every week we'd hear "the big push is probably this weekend" and then nothing ever happened--until the war happened, and Eve Online was suddenly interesting to play again. Plus, Planetside 2 is free. In fact, it was originally the game we were all going to show up in instead of H1Z1, but then whatever Sony group it was running the thing sold it/went under/was closed, and it wasn't until recently that Daybreak and Mittens and Co. got together and worked out a promo deal for some cosmetic crap in exchange for getting more players into the game.

So no, the Planetside 2 push has been very different. And by different I mean it died in infancy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
hows cravius get badatarred for that reason and not blazing zero what the hell

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
Some people just hate the loving patriots I guess :iiam:

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
low effort poster AMA

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

"Pro Gamer" Twitch streamers plug dumb bullshit sponsor crap on their streams I don't see how this is any different? Why are you so pissed about some poo poo that eve goons don't give a gently caress about and or ignore? Especially seeing as planetside 2 is free to play.

You're getting all worked up at the wrong guy.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Fix Lag posted:

As the guy who ran the majority of the platoons

Oh cool I found a reason 2 to not play.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Jk love you fix lag

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

"Pro Gamer" Twitch streamers plug dumb bullshit sponsor crap on their streams I don't see how this is any different? Why are you so pissed about some poo poo that eve goons don't give a gently caress about and or ignore? Especially seeing as planetside 2 is free to play.

I didn't bring up Twitch streamers because there's no difference and I never said or implied there was one. Nor did I even mention any anger at the Daybreak deal, simply that I was laughing at how it was a hilariously mismanaged project on the part of TMC/Imperium. Even in that post, I'm pointing out there's a deal that the dude apparently never had heard of. :shrug: Why are you misconstruing things into things they're not?

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

Syndic Thrass posted:

Jk love you fix lag

Thanks bae <3

I don't think more than a couple people are still doing it. There was a huge update that allowed for constructable bases that just came out, and it's apparently really good, but without the promised support materializing I, and probably most others who gave it a shot, won't come back.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
The IMPx people should come back to Planetside 2. Our faction could use the population boost. :smith:

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

tranime scholar posted:

The IMPx people should come back to Planetside 2. Our faction could use the population boost. :smith:

How's the game doing healthwise? Last time I played the server seemed pretty much dead.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
I have a strict policy that the only game dbrb plays that I will play is eve. Coincidentally I have a policy that I'll play any game but eve with dbrb

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

cravius posted:

How's the game doing healthwise? Last time I played the server seemed pretty much dead.

i've been hearing it's pretty alive right now, queues when switching continents and poo poo because of whatever the last update did

something about base building?

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

cravius posted:

The population is a little better ATM with people returning to try the Starcraft poo poo. But our faction is still routinely underpopped during prime time. And there's still nothing happening during off-hours.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
I might have to check it out again then. I remember they had talked about implementing a territorial conquest or some poo poo like that, I wonder if that ever made it in.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

hows cravius get badatarred for that reason and not blazing zero what the hell

wow i take a break to play some stellaris with a bro and this is whats said behind my back?? :argh:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Blazing Zero posted:

wow i take a break to play some stellaris with a bro and this is whats said behind my back?? :argh:
#gotem noob

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Dalael posted:

As it ever occurred to you that you shouldn't be arguing with deadtear?
I mean its funny that you do, but maybe you shouldn't?

yeah but sometimes its fun

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
https://zkillboard.com/character/96475900/

rate my new alt names/10

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

Syndic Thrass posted:

I have a strict policy that the only game dbrb plays that I will play is eve. Coincidentally I have a policy that I'll play any game but eve with dbrb

DBRB is the worst Galaxy pilot in the history of ever, which is why I basically pulled an older sibling trick and handed him the equivalent of a controller that wasn't plugged in (I.e. a squad of random pubbies)

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

i give it a 2

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

cravius posted:

i give it a 2

better than i expected tbh

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

To be fair digi, boat, midge moyb and sion make a huge stupid tornado when their powers combine. I don't think I'd want to come back even if the ban was removed, due to the massive nexus of idiocy in place with that.

Was midge around or did they find a different home before Blackops defended their antics as "were like Vietnam vets in space"? Cause that poo poo was pretty rich.

Don't you mean Gicer, not midge?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Endie posted:

<Midge> got him kicked from goonwaffe

negative ghost rider

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Endie posted:

Was it Gicer who made the "Vietnam vets in space" comment? I was only hearing that comment second hand and thought that anyone claiming video game PTSD as a reason for spontaneously dropping on and shooting blues as hilarious.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Was it Gicer who made the "Vietnam vets in space" comment? I was only hearing that comment second hand and thought that anyone claiming video game PTSD as a reason for spontaneously dropping on and shooting blues as hilarious.

I thought they were claiming they could take anoms from people because they are heroes like Vietnam vets for fighting for our freedom in foreign lands so we don't have to fight em in Dek.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

He was the guy who tried to use his ~eve director cred~ in archage.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

I just remember Theta mumble kinda lost its poo poo over it for a few days.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

Also, never join a mumble channel that contains Alpha0mega.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

frozenphil posted:

I thought they were claiming they could take anoms from people because they are heroes like Vietnam vets for fighting for our freedom in foreign lands so we don't have to fight em in Dek.

I'd heard it referenced WRT blue shooting but yet again, second hand, I didn't talk to a Blackops duder about it, just dudes in theta mumble.

Dumb ratting drama is dumb.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Fix Lag posted:

As the guy who ran the majority of the platoons when things were active I can assure you we never got official support from El Jefe past his initial broadcast or two. Every week we'd hear "the big push is probably this weekend" and then nothing ever happened--until the war happened, and Eve Online was suddenly interesting to play again. Plus, Planetside 2 is free. In fact, it was originally the game we were all going to show up in instead of H1Z1, but then whatever Sony group it was running the thing sold it/went under/was closed, and it wasn't until recently that Daybreak and Mittens and Co. got together and worked out a promo deal for some cosmetic crap in exchange for getting more players into the game.

So no, the Planetside 2 push has been very different. And by different I mean it died in infancy.

The Planetside thing was much more of a "hey, here's a thing to do while EVE is down/boring" rather than something that was pushed like H1Z1 was. I heard from up the chain that it was a deliberate decision to do it that way since Mittens/upper directorate didn't want to make the same move (mistake?) they made promoting H1Z1.

TBH being directorate can blow at times. There's a reason there's a memorial service (:rip:) when someone gets sucked in. I'm not illum I'm just a low nobody corp director and even at my level there's a poo poo ton of situations where you're hosed if you do and hosed if you don't. Doesn't seem to matter what choice you make, someone is going to be mad at you. I can only imagine its several orders of magnitude worse in illum/star chamber proper if you want to do a good job and just do the best you can for your guys.

As for Planetside 2, its an ok game and I'd be cool with playing with hole violence/gsf guys from time to time its just that EVE has been more interesting recently and I've been busy. That, and I have the usual problem of there nobody being on in AUTZ on our server. :shrug:

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

<Midge> got him kicked from goonwaffe

negative ghost rider

Oh yeah Gicer was the drama queen, but when Sion asked (midge) what had happened he found out that Kimsemus was leaking AA director drama and stuff but not ncdot stuff and that was it.

I'm known for being a teensy bit critical of Sion but I can see both sides here: Sion probably felt he'd been a bit misled over the no-ncdot-leaking rationale and Kimsemus was having to deal with some conglomeration of gicer, dbrb and bfm plus extras which would provoke most people beyond human tolerance.

This might be incorrect in bits because I thought AA was dumb and any place with dbrb and gicer in close proximity to each other will be intolerable at best.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Endie posted:

Oh yeah Gicer was the drama queen, but when Sion asked (midge) what had happened he found out that Kimsemus was leaking AA director drama and stuff but not ncdot stuff and that was it.

that's the most spurious poo poo ive ever seen but hey there's finally my real answer and not digi's stupid rear end I DID IT IT WAS ME ALL ALONG AUSTIN garbage

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Finally validation that the spooky blacklist is totally used to get vengeance for imagined slights against directors.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

It was basically a repeat of this scene every time we'd ask for an opt-all or a hurf announcement

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Finally validation that the spooky blacklist is totally used to get vengeance for imagined slights against directors.

it's "kim said he wont leak ncperiod poo poo to get in" "ok that's fine" *kim leaks who gives a poo poo different loving game garbage from people he's played with for like 3 weeks* "HOLY poo poo HE'S A LIAR BAN HIM"

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Boat isn't even a director, he's just loud.

He is, in fact, a director, he's just not an FC director any longer. He's the Merchi stakeholder rep. He can still hypothetically be squelched (banned from broadcasting) while remaining a director if someone gets mad enough at him but afaik that hasn't happened for a while.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

it's "kim said he wont leak ncperiod poo poo to get in" "ok that's fine" *kim leaks who gives a poo poo different loving game garbage from people he's played with for like 3 weeks* "HOLY poo poo HE'S A LIAR BAN HIM"

Which reminds me, did they make you a director while making you head mod or did you get snubbeddodge a bullet?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
hell no i aint a director

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Which reminds me, did they make you a director while making you head mod or did you get snubbeddodge a bullet?

You call being made a mod dodging a bullet?

E: also they need to implement blocking :q:

• Locked thread