Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Putrid Grin
Sep 16, 2007

Mr. Despair posted:

no kidding, why the hell would anyone buy a p67 when you could get a Bronica instead

8th-snype posted:

The hasselblad is an amazing machine and a super good choice, unless you want to buy lots of lenses then whelp. I don't want to beat a dead horse but if a Mamiya is out of your price range and you hate mirrors like I do:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nice-Rapid-Omega-200-Camera-w-Lens-2-Film-Backs-/111973423514?hash=item1a1222d99a:g:C1oAAOSw~OVWxg1n

Or you could go with the venerable king of medium format rangefinders, the Maimiya Press Universal. If its film, it can probably shoot it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
6x7 projector in Coquitlam, BC

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/24-photographic-equipment-sale/314606-sale-noris-trumpf-medium-format-projector.html

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

voodoorootbeer posted:

Now you jackasses have me looking at a 500 C/M because I like interchangeable backs and occasionally use flash. I thought Hasselblad stuff was way more expensive than Bronica rather than a little more expensive so I hadn't really even considered it. Mamiya 6/7 are way out of my price range.

If you don't want a mirror or a Mamiya and want something light, get a Minolta Autocord. They're light, cheaper than Rolleis and have great optics.

burzum karaoke fucked around with this message at 15:03 on May 1, 2016

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Bragging time:

I had CZJ Sonnar 180/2.8 (for Pentacon Six) with non-working apperture. Some time ago, believing it was just stuck, I took it to cool old camera repairman here. After fiddling with the lens for hours, he decided that it probably couldn't be fixed because it seems something inside broke off.

Today I was bored and against my better judgement completely disassembled the lens. everything looks fine, except that the ring holding apperture in place is bent, and apperture blades fell out of grooves. Quick work with pliers, ring is bent into shape. While at it, I clean and re-lube everything. Reassembly was very fiddly, but few hours later I have completely working lens.

(crappy celphone pics)

Thankfully, it's a little bit more compact without the hood.

The Claptain fucked around with this message at 15:20 on May 1, 2016

Primo Itch
Nov 4, 2006
I confessed a horrible secret for this account!

8th-snype posted:

The hasselblad is an amazing machine and a super good choice, unless you want to buy lots of lenses then whelp. I don't want to beat a dead horse but if a Mamiya is out of your price range and you hate mirrors like I do:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nice-Rapid-Omega-200-Camera-w-Lens-2-Film-Backs-/111973423514?hash=item1a1222d99a:g:C1oAAOSw~OVWxg1n

If this guy shipped to Brazil this would already be mine... Hell, anyone willing to reship it to me? I'll paypal you the shipping rates + some extra for film or buy stuff from freestyle and have it shipped to you or whatever...

Primo Itch fucked around with this message at 18:11 on May 1, 2016

ape
Jul 20, 2009

Doctor Bombadil posted:

Bragging time:

I had CZJ Sonnar 180/2.8 (for Pentacon Six) with non-working apperture. Some time ago, believing it was just stuck, I took it to cool old camera repairman here. After fiddling with the lens for hours, he decided that it probably couldn't be fixed because it seems something inside broke off.

Today I was bored and against my better judgement completely disassembled the lens. everything looks fine, except that the ring holding apperture in place is bent, and apperture blades fell out of grooves. Quick work with pliers, ring is bent into shape. While at it, I clean and re-lube everything. Reassembly was very fiddly, but few hours later I have completely working lens.

(crappy celphone pics)

Thankfully, it's a little bit more compact without the hood.

Nice. I just remade the film reminder stickers for mine, since the originals went missing a while back. Printed them onto aluminum foil.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

ape posted:

Nice. I just remade the film reminder stickers for mine, since the originals went missing a while back. Printed them onto aluminum foil.

:devil:

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

Primo Itch posted:

If this guy shipped to Brazil this would already be mine... Hell, anyone willing to reship it to me? I'll paypal you the shipping rates + some extra for film or buy stuff from freestyle and have it shipped to you or whatever...

PM me later on in the week and I'll help out with proxy shipping.

Primo Itch
Nov 4, 2006
I confessed a horrible secret for this account!

8th-snype posted:

PM me later on in the week and I'll help out with proxy shipping.

I'll buy plats and PM you thursday or friday then. Thanks mate :)

Primo Itch fucked around with this message at 01:50 on May 2, 2016

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

Primo Itch posted:

I'll buy plats and PM you thursday or friday then. Thanks mate :)

No need to buy plat, my profile has a link to my flickr profile page, which has my gmail addy on it. Just toss me an email later in the week.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

voodoorootbeer posted:

Now you jackasses have me looking at a 500 C/M because I like interchangeable backs and occasionally use flash. I thought Hasselblad stuff was way more expensive than Bronica rather than a little more expensive so I hadn't really even considered it. Mamiya 6/7 are way out of my price range.

Buy my 500c.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Price?

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

My old FS post is here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3125105&userid=130945&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post443015414

I just assembled an identical kit (down to the same grades as the ones I bought from KEH a few years back) on keh for 684+22 for the strap. I also have a focus lever and a minolta IIIf meter I'd throw in, along with assorted 120 film since this is my last MF camera.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I think I'll reconsider moving up from my Yashica 124g
:stonk:

MadlabsRobot
May 1, 2005

I see what you did there....
Grimey Drawer
Since there are quite a lot of Pentax 67 users here:

I have an issue where I sometimes get a lot extra "dead space" in the beginning of the roll, before the first frame, and the roll ends in the middle of the last frame when I get it back from the lab (cut into strips by the lab). Could that be me loving up the loading somehow or is it the lab that's loving up?

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Are you lining your film up with the wrong start mark? There's one for 220 and one for 120.

MadlabsRobot
May 1, 2005

I see what you did there....
Grimey Drawer

ansel autisms posted:

Are you lining your film up with the wrong start mark? There's one for 220 and one for 120.

I'm pretty sure I'm lining it up with the right mark.

I've only seen it on two rolls so far, both slide-film and developed at a different lab then I usually use. So I'm not sure if it me, the camera, or the lab.

Edit: Checked the markings and it's not the lab. Frame spacing is correct as well so I guess it's either the camera that doesn't do the initial take up correctly, which I can't find any mention of on the net, or me loving up the loading.

MadlabsRobot fucked around with this message at 10:46 on May 3, 2016

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I
Thinking of moving to a Hassy system, does anyone have any feedback on this? looking at 935.00 shipped for everything. Am I missing something?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

nerdrum posted:

Thinking of moving to a Hassy system, does anyone have any feedback on this? looking at 935.00 shipped for everything. Am I missing something?

Do you mean to start with only a wide-angle?

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

50 mm is rather wide on a 6x6 camera. If you want a normal lens (comparable angle-of-view to 50 mm on 135 film) you should get something around 75-80 mm.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
50mm on that camera is ~28mm on a full frame equivalent, just make sure you always want to be shooting that wide.

efb x 2

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I

MrBlandAverage posted:

Do you mean to start with only a wide-angle?

Yeah, it's going to be almost entirely used for landscapes. I'm probably going to pick up a 150 once I figure out if I'm going to stick with the system or not.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
Ughhh I hate finding deals I can't afford. Somebody is selling a 500C/M with a lens (can't make it out), back, and prism finder for $500 canadian.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

BANME.sh posted:

Ughhh I hate finding deals I can't afford. Somebody is selling a 500C/M with a lens (can't make it out), back, and prism finder for $500 canadian.

My first thought is what's wrong with it. That's hella cheap (and tempting).

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Yea that's pretty cheap. What's the condition?

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
"Excellent" according to the ad. Pics look nice too. No obvious abrasions, but kijiji photos are super low resolution.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I got back my roll from Dapper Day. The light leaks were bad from the poor rolling and I'm not sure if the shutter is right, but I accidentally made neat Disney creepypasta photos:

---_0121 by chitoryu15, on Flickr

---_0120 by chitoryu15, on Flickr

---_0118 by chitoryu15, on Flickr

---_0117 by chitoryu15, on Flickr

---_0116 by chitoryu15, on Flickr

---_0115 by chitoryu15, on Flickr

k-zed
Dec 1, 2008

Fallen Rib

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

I'll keep the BW train going

k-zed
Dec 1, 2008

Fallen Rib
from the hague (station, and the ministry for foreign affairs - which looks like the fortress of an evil sci-fi supervillain, appropriately enough.)

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Chair shot!

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Someone felt sorry enough for me to change my custom title.

Innaloo, April 2016

deaders fucked around with this message at 12:08 on May 12, 2016

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Film/Camera ?
That would make a rad vinyl record sleeve.

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Someone felt sorry enough for me to change my custom title.
Rolleiflex T and the one true film.

Portra 400

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

deaders posted:

Rolleiflex T and the one true film.

Portra 400

Gosh, you scared me there for a moment with the spoiler tags - I thought you were going to say something you actually had to be ashamed of. :sweatdrop:

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

The one true film is Provia 100F.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

alkanphel posted:

The one true film is Provia 100F.

I really want to try provia's stellar reciprocity out, but the lack of dynamic range stops me from trying shooting it at night. Portra is just so forgiving with metering!

Also the tones are gorgeous, but when I shot it in 4x5 for my capstone, it cost me no end of time and headaches to get the color just right in my scans.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
Let's be real here, the one true film is Astia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
the one true film is delta 3200 pushed to 12800

• Locked thread