Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Equeen posted:

Please don't insult Mark Hamill like this.

Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

I'd actually rank Iron Man 2 as the second-best Marvel film. In retrospect, its utter shameless idiocy gives it an ersatz Michael Bay quality.

Like, any film that can make it to the bottom of multiple lists that praise Avengers 1 must be doing something right. The race car scene is, at least, the only great superhero fight in the entire MCU.

But the thing that kills it is the same thing that kills all these movies: the central conflict is straight up censored from the film.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Equeen posted:

Please don't insult Mark Hamill like this.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I'm gonna be fair here and say that most guys are gonna look less attractive when they're positioned next to Chris Evans for prolonged periods.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

This is the most casual wrestling match I've ever seen. It's like a backyard Civil War.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

That is a blend of their two faces on the right. All that image proves is that Mark Hamill's face looks a lot like Mark Hamill's face when also blended with someone else's face.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

MacheteZombie posted:

This is the most casual wrestling match I've ever seen. It's like a backyard Civil War.

I'm just tickled by the professionalism of the production.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

The first guy reminds me of Lowtax.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

feedmyleg posted:

That is a blend of their two faces on the right. All that image proves is that Mark Hamill's face looks a lot like Mark Hamill's face when also blended with someone else's face.

Eh, you may be right, but that's not what they say it is. If I block the Mark Hamill hair, all I see if Sebastian Stan.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Phylodox posted:

I'm gonna be fair here and say that most guys are gonna look less attractive when they're positioned next to Chris Evans for prolonged periods.

Or more importantly, next to Robert Downey Jr.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
You can deny it all you want.

Hamill has a sharper chin and slightly rounder eyes, I guess.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
Sebastian Stan is a pretty attractive guy when he smiles. Bucky doesn't have much occasion to smile though.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

HIJK posted:

Bucky doesn't have much occasion to smile though.

Why do the Captain America movies have to be so grimdark?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I'm just tickled by the professionalism of the production.

The camera work kept me watching. Surprisingly engaging for a wrestling match featuring every participant walking up to their opponent and discussing each bump.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I like him better with longer hair.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
A Booster Gold movie is definitely in the works with Greg Berlanti (Arrow, Supergirl and Flash producer) attached to the project (as producer I guess?)

quote:

If Warner Bros. TV executives asked you to be the Kevin Feige — who is the creative mastermind of Marvel — of the DC Cinematic Universe, what would you say?

It's never even really come up. Peter [Roth, president of Warner Bros. TV] knows how much I love the characters, and I like being part of this universe in any way that they'll all allow and are interested in me being a part. That's the truth. I'm attached to a few films [at Warner Bros.] now, and one, Booster Gold, is a DC property. Zack Stentz, who wrote an episode of Flash last year, just got the job, so he's writing the script now. I'd probably direct that, or I would want to. But I don't see my cup as limited. I actually think some of the stuff we get to do on the TV side is richer, deeper and more like the true comic books in the sense that you're always able to explore a new thing the next week and the stories grow wider and wider.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/flash-arrow-producer-greg-berlanti-892417

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Handsome Neanderthal.

I want to see an Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer film starring Sebastian Stan.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

A Booster Gold movie is definitely in the works with Greg Berlanti (Arrow, Supergirl and Flash producer) attached to the project (as producer I guess?)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/flash-arrow-producer-greg-berlanti-892417

Trying to get that GotG money.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

But the thing that kills it is the same thing that kills all these movies: the central conflict is straight up censored from the film.

Absolutely, but this "gently caress you, no moral" is a huge improvement over those other films' uh, indifference. Tony Stark in Part 2 is a fleshy equivalent of Bay's Optimus Prime.

Contrast that with the pseudo-moral of Ultron, where he's like "being a mad scientist is what I do", or whatever. Or all the piles upon piles of expository dialogue about wanting to go home.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
It is kind of funny that Tony Stark in IM2 changes the reality of the movie with the power of "Nuh uh, my dad is awesome". He, like, invents elements and totally wipes away anything interesting in the movie through sheer power of will.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I always thought it would be funny to see how comic book nerds would react if it was Tony Edison, and Vanko was Tesla, and it was an Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter style movie about that.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I don't even understand why they felt it was necessary to make it so that Howard didn't dick over Vanko's dad. I've watched Agent Carter, Howard Stark is a dick. A charming dick, but a dick nonetheless. It'd totally be in his character to do that, and I'm sure they could even find a flippant justification like "Sure, he invented it. But it was safer in the hands of the good ol' US of A!" to solve it.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I always thought it would be funny to see how comic book nerds would react if it was Tony Edison, and Vanko was Tesla, and it was an Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter style movie about that.
Justin Hammer is Westinghouse

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

feedmyleg posted:

I don't even understand why they felt it was necessary to make it so that Howard didn't dick over Vanko's dad. I've watched Agent Carter, Howard Stark is a dick. A charming dick, but a dick nonetheless. It'd totally be in his character to do that, and I'm sure they could even find a flippant justification like "Sure, he invented it. But it was safer in the hands of the good ol' US of A!" to solve it.

John Slattery is the king of playing charming dicks

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Handsome Neanderthal.

Waaaaaay too much forehead

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Harlock posted:

Justin Hammer is Westinghouse

I like Sam Rockwell, but casting him as Justin Hammer just felt off.

I'm either used to the idea of crusty old Justin Hammer in the books, or I guess I envisioned Tony's nemesis being a horrible old man who just wants to be his evil father figure.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Red posted:

I'm either used to the idea of crusty old Justin Hammer in the books, or I guess I envisioned Tony's nemesis being a horrible old man who just wants to be his evil father figure.

That's IM1

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Derek Connolly, co-writer of Jurasssic World has been hired to write Pacific Rim 2

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/pacific-rim-2-enlists-jurassic-893215

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Was he the one to write the T-Rex and Raptor double teams the I-Rex stuff?

Because otherwise none of Jurassic World's writing translates to Pacific Rim.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

DeimosRising posted:

Waaaaaay too much forehead

ITT nerds diss stars looks and express face blindness.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Well poo poo he as a writer can obviously only write one kind of story

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

feedmyleg posted:

That's a great point. Part of Tony's angst is trying to live up to/fix/finish things Howard did, so it would have 100% made sense to go that direction. Hell, there was a reason Hank Pym hated and distrusted him so much.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Two smaller Kaiju nod sagely at Gypsie Danger before attacking the larger genetically engineered Kaiju, the result of man's hubris. Their eyes gleam, as if to say "We're not so different, you and I."

Idris Elba silently mouths "Thank you." Somehow he messes up the accent.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Lupita Nyong'o in talks for a starring role in Black Panther.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Umberto Gonzales has a new scoop regarding Justice League

quote:

Yesterday, my boy Devin at Birth.Movies.Death dropped the hot scoop that Steppenwolf is going to be the bad guy in the upcoming Justice League: Part One. While that indeed is true, Steppenwolf won’t factor into the story until the second half of the movie. More on that in just a bit.

Devin also had thew following to say about Darkseid.

"Darkseid is a presence in the movie, and fully appears at the end of the film, but don’t expect him to do much."

That is true as well but according to my sources, we see Darkseid in the beginning of the film in a flashback sequence. WARNING! The following might be considered spoilerish. Also the script is being rewritten daily on set and the following is subject to change or can even be deleted.

Around 30,000 years ago, the Amazonians, the Atlanteans, and Man successfully fought off Darkseid here on Earth. He left three motherboxes behind and that folks is what Steppenwolf is after in Justice League: Part One. That is pretty much your plot. You can see Steppenwolf and the three motherboxes in the deleted “Communion” scene from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

http://heroichollywood.com/darkseid-justice-league-part-one-revealed/

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I
It seems more and more that cutting Communion was a mistake. And it's like a 30 second scene. Cut the piss jar shot in half and get that demon in there.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Hell yes

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Terrible Horse posted:

It seems more and more that cutting Communion was a mistake. And it's like a 30 second scene. Cut the piss jar shot in half and get that demon in there.

No. Should have just kept the run time at 3 hours.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

MacheteZombie posted:

No. Should have just kept the run time at 3 hours.

:agreed:

They could have cut out the more violent bits to get the PG-13 rating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

did superman smell that piss jar from across the room
bet he thought that was a weird thing to have at a hearing

• Locked thread