Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nessin
Feb 7, 2010

YouTuber posted:

He means do Blackops camps against them. I've been doing it to Theta and it's been a blast: https://zkillboard.com/character/741718438/ People ratting and mining with hostiles in local was a thing I thought the game outgrew but apparently not.

Even in Dek during the quiet times, conflict wise, there was no such thing as "no hostiles in local". You'd either have a cloaky camper or someone at least moving through to another part of Dek or Venal every 10-15 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

YouTuber posted:

I don't care about isk value of kills. I've killed everything in game up to Titans multiple times. Our group has managed to make 2 people quit karmafleet already and one is probably is suspended/banned for threatening to ddos one of our dudes.

Truly an epic slope.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

OWLS! posted:

Say goodbye to Groon
For the triple offenses of being completely useless, being terrible posters and generally just a collection of ***gots Groon as been kicked from the alliance and their standings have been dropped. Any Groon who meet our recruitment requirements are welcome to apply to Goonfleet. To the rest, take care!

We have no intention of removing any of the OTHER non-goon corps at this time. We're also finalizing our plan for restructuring and you should have some information any day. Enjoy the Groon hunt, if you can find any. This mistake has been rectified.

Was this darius ALLCAPS?

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
Sorry - cravius. Clavicus. Whatever. My bad, homie -- I'm a lowly j4g pubbie after all so I'm not great with names on the cool kids forum. Except there is that little detail of how I J'd after I G'd, and there is a precedent for registering different SA accounts over the years, but let's not get caught up in the small stuff. I'm really not interested in having a dick measuring contest about who is the gooniest goon. That's stupid and you calling people who care about their alliance "j4g's" is really loving divisive and short-sighted given the climate.

Dumbass.

Oh and there was that whole trying to play it straight in this thread, something I very rarely attempt to do because we're talking about a video game. Yeah that's out too - I'm done with trying to have reasonable discourse among adults here because it's not working since the stupidity seems to have taken over and this thread is not indicative of the high level of posting you usually see on SA - it's an outlier of a a few good posters (Flanders helping people with fits, etc.) So I guess I'm just gonna have to bring Vatomania to the loving SA thread now in order to make it even remotely entertaining and not a giant boring circlejerk.

You brought this on yourselves.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

YouTuber posted:

I don't care about isk value of kills. I've killed everything in game up to Titans multiple times. Our group has managed to make 2 people quit karmafleet already and one is probably is suspended/banned for threatening to ddos one of our dudes.

who cares what you care about, you do you

but you're trying to claim people are dumb to rat with you in local when that's the entire point of those fits, that's what's dumb

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Truly an epic slope.

yah bro gon is ded grr

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bilirubin posted:

Was this darius ALLCAPS?

Does a groon poo poo in syndicate?

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

cravius got bad avatared at the same time you did though

We avatared each other, and I really do think he is a poo poo-tier no content poster.

I probably would have done something sooner but I was busy pushing wraps through the hood last night and it was frustrating me because some nerd kept popping my saranen cyno before I could get it in the spot I like. Finally char is like "just light when you undock" so I did that and I only bumped off the station with a dozen reds on grid once after taking his astute advice :v:

stale meme dot png fucked around with this message at 18:37 on May 12, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cravius got bad avatared at the same time you did though

No but don't you see, it was totally cravius who did it to that dumb lovely poster because __________________.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Everyone's a lovely poster

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

YouTuber posted:

Well the mined my own mins poo poo was a bit of a stretch then. Either way keep up the good work

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Unfunny Poster posted:

No but don't you see, it was totally cravius who did it to that dumb lovely poster because __________________.

Now that you mention it, you're a loving moron too. Now that I have given up any semblance of trying not to be mean it's time to call it like I see it, and I see it as you needing to work on the comedy part of the comedy forum. Your posting is weak as gently caress. So do work on that a little.

A lot. Work on it a lot actually.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

TRAP HOUSE MOUSE posted:

Now that you mention it, you're a loving moron too. Now that I have given up any semblance of trying not to be mean it's time to call it like I see it, and I see it as you needing to work on the comedy part of the comedy forum. Your posting is weak as gently caress. So do work on that a little.

:ironicat: gently caress off paco

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

TRAP HOUSE MOUSE posted:

:ironicat: gently caress off paco

God dammit deadtear I wanted to say it :mad:

gently caress off paco

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Syndic Thrass posted:

Well the mined my own mins poo poo was a bit of a stretch then. Either way keep up the good work

When the Fade and Pure Blind pockets get cleared I'll drop to Rens 911 and do it from the other side. :anarchists:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vyst posted:

Everyone's a lovely poster

Especially you.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Is that actually Paco? I thought he said he was kilgarth or something earlier

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Unfunny Poster posted:

Especially you.

I make no claims on the quality of my posting!

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Syndic Thrass posted:

its definitely not kilgarth

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TRAP HOUSE MOUSE posted:

It's almost as if my name is "Unfunny Poster" so that it foretells that my posting won't always be comedic. You sure got me with that sick :iceburn: about my posting not being comedic enough for you though.

Syndic Thrass posted:

I don't know who either of those guys are, this guy is just blatantly dumb and stupid across the five posts I read.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vyst posted:

I make no claims on the quality of my posting!

You should. It'd make that post have a lot more impact.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
No I'm not Kilgarth, I said thank kilgarth for my attempting to goodpost here by sending him some ISK.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
shut up paco

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
YOU GUYS DUN DID IT NOW OMG PACO VATO IS BREAKING OUT THE OWN HAMMER HES GOING TO gently caress YOU ALL UP WITH HIGH QUALITY POSTING

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Syndic Thrass posted:

YOU GUYS DUN DID IT NOW OMG PACO VATO IS BREAKING OUT THE OWN HAMMER HES GOING TO gently caress YOU ALL UP WITH HIGH QUALITY POSTING

only the highest quality of course, as usual.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
So I noticed today that since May 5 there has been a ridiculous number of new players created. Is there some sale or new promotion going on that I didn't see? If I'm reading the chart right, we just had our highest single day ever of new player creations:

http://eve-offline.net/?server=tranquility

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...
So I've been traveling for work for the past 2 weeks and haven't had time to do poo poo in Eve or read this awful thread. Has anything changed? Are we still awful and hold no space? Seriously thinking about letting my accounts expire when they run out because I really don't have the time lately for gaming and if nothing exciting is happening then I think I am going to peace out for a while.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Kalenn Istarion posted:

So I noticed today that since May 5 there has been a ridiculous number of new players created. Is there some sale or new promotion going on that I didn't see? If I'm reading the chart right, we just had our highest single day ever of new player creations:

One the launcher I see "Recruiting is rewarding" so I'd venture to say yes although I don't need more loving account so idk what that means

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Eve got added to steam last weekend, and they were really pushing free trials through it.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Eminai posted:

Eve got added to steam last weekend

pretty sure its been on steam for ages

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
I just realised that SUAS is blue now.

Bard song for bonus to defence and attack.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Good evening everyone! In a short while I shall be spending about thirty minutes on EVE! Maybe longer if I get sucked into things :)

For the poster who asked earlier if it was OK to play if they only had a few hours a day, I say definitely! I myself only spend a few hours a week playing and have a blast. You too can be that gamer!

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

YouTuber posted:

so stupid already replaced i mined all the minerals myself so the ship was free so stupid
ALREADY
REPLACED.

Watchout for that Zungen guy spacefriend, he is also a cool dude.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Oh, you're right. Apparently you couldn't get the free trial through steam before last weekend? Idk, here's the news post about the free weekend that was behind the massive account jump.

https://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/eve-online-news/eve-on-steam-join-the-free-celebration-weekend/

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

It has been there since 2011 at the least.

Eminai posted:

Oh, you're right. Apparently you couldn't get the free trial through steam before last weekend? Idk, here's the news post about the free weekend that was behind the massive account jump.

https://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/eve-online-news/eve-on-steam-join-the-free-celebration-weekend/

That's because it was EVE's 13th anniversary on the 6th and they did the expected marketing promotion.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Zephyrine posted:

I just realised that SUAS is blue now.

Bard song for bonus to defence and attack.

RMT records produces better songs, without the constant verbal abuse 'gimmick' or stealing titans

Huge_Midget posted:

So I've been traveling for work for the past 2 weeks and haven't had time to do poo poo in Eve or read this awful thread. Has anything changed? Are we still awful and hold no space? Seriously thinking about letting my accounts expire when they run out because I really don't have the time lately for gaming and if nothing exciting is happening then I think I am going to peace out for a while.

We made large gains in reconquering Fade and PB, and then lost most of it as soon as PL decided to log in again.

Gounads
Mar 13, 2013

Where am I?
How did I get here?
Injectors? Everyone is re-rolling their lovely names?

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
What's a paco

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Foehammer007 posted:

What's a paco

Local goonfleetswarm unperson named Paco Vato

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames