Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
If you want pronouns and poo poo, maybe go to Wesleyan or Berkeley or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Kawasaki Nun posted:

drat that dude copped a 10:1 ratio on you? You should def feel like a weenie. Good god

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Shown up by a goddam reservist lol

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

You should be ashamed.

Also my experience shows that ladies typically don't care much about the muscles and the 6 pack or whatever. It's all about the Dad bod now.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Soulex posted:

You should be ashamed.

Also my experience shows that ladies typically don't care much about the muscles and the 6 pack or whatever. It's all about the Dad bod now.

This has never been true.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It's true if you're fantastically wealthy though.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

at the date posted:

Was on an "academic retreat" to the beach this weekend with a Marine reservist and ten single 20-year-old women. Intelligent, earnest, built like a brick wall—and holy poo poo he would not shut up about the Marines. I understand pushing every advantage you've got, but for the only other person on the trip with any idea what the difference between the services were, hearing him explain that how the "expeditionary mission" of the Marines makes them basically special forces got pretty annoying by the third time. He also made me feel like a weenie when he took his shirt off.

sup blue squares

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

sup blue squares

:vince:

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

sup blue squares

:boom:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Soulex posted:

You should be ashamed.

:goonsay:

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
No guys I've had the most best sex

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.

Mike-o posted:

honestly i've had worse experiences with other vets in college than anything to do with transexual people or social justice warriors or anything. i know they're at my college, but they all keep to themselves and don't act like shitheads. compare that to all the downright loving retarded vets all over campus. there is one cool vet dude i talk to at my school. ONE. the rest need to go back to grade school, or possibly the army because god loving drat loving MORONS, i'm not even exaggerating. no wonder normal people loving hate veterans.

Same for me, no issues with the social justice crowd and I only met one semi decent vet during 6 years of school. It's not like I made any serious efforts to make friends, but 1 decent person out of a couple dozen vets is saying something. It make sense though because when I was in I hated just about every military person I met so of course those people are now vets and they are still terrible people.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

sup blue squares

I think if I were blue squares they'd all somehow be topless and horny

e: and I wouldn't be rendered impotent by the sight of Fridge Largemeat's mountainous traps

Eugene V. Dubstep fucked around with this message at 00:13 on May 13, 2016

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

quote:

While he may have won the battle, I will dunk on him using the written word.

-blue squares

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

It might be because I go to a private school that's a little harder to get into (so it weeds out a lot of the idiots), but I haven't had bad experiences with vets on campus. Our student vet culture probably resembles this subforum more then anything, and most if our vets are doing legit cool stuff.

It could also be that since I'm heavily involved in the student veterans organization that I'm mostly exposed to the most motivated guys too. Either way my experiences with vets on campus has been stuff like amputees with a grant to develop new prosthetics and business majors setting up really sweetheart arrangements for vets with local big finance firms.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

at the date posted:

He also made me feel like a weenie when he took his shirt off.

loving dusted lmbo

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Jarmak posted:

motivated

triggered

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Kawasaki Nun posted:

This has never been true.

You take one good loving look at a pudgy Chris Pratt wearing American Flag bathing suit that's just a little too small and tell me that you would not gently caress him.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Soulex posted:

You take one good loving look at a pudgy Chris Pratt wearing American Flag bathing suit that's just a little too small and tell me that you would not gently caress him.

if the guy who takes his shirt off in sweaty long-takes to get snatch in the seats for a sci-fi Marvel movie is the standard for "dad bod" then I am without hope

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

at the date posted:

if the guy who takes his shirt off in sweaty long-takes to get snatch in the seats for a sci-fi Marvel movie is the standard for "dad bod" then I am without hope

This dude right here. Makes the ladies go nuts. Sometimes gentlemen too

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Finally got approved for voc rehab :gary:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Deathy McDeath posted:

Finally got approved for voc rehab :gary:

Nice! I haven't heard back from my dude, and it looks like I'll have to wait until I'm actually in California to start the whole process over again.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I'm kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place, not quite yet though. I can do all this general education poo poo in my area, but once I want to start getting specific geology courses I need to either settle for a smaller private college, or uproot and move to either Bellingham or Pullman for WWU or WSU (based on my geology professor's recommendations for schools with good geology programs). So I settle for the small private college so my family can stay in the same place, or I wait six years for my daughter to finish middle and highschool, and then finally get back in and do the rest of college I need. I think I just need to go talk to an advisor and figure this poo poo out. The private college doesn't sound too bad from what my professor said, I was just really hoping for WSU or WWU. Maybe I can do my masters later at one of those college? gently caress, yeah I just need to talk to an advisor because I barely know wtf I'm doing. All I know is I want to do geology.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

WSU is a very under the radar but very good school.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I wouldn't take six years off from school. That's an awful lot of time to not move forward.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Just got a nice letter from the registrars office. They're waiving the second required semester of foreign language for me so I don't have to still be around next spring.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Mike-o posted:

I'm kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place, not quite yet though. I can do all this general education poo poo in my area, but once I want to start getting specific geology courses I need to either settle for a smaller private college, or uproot and move to either Bellingham or Pullman for WWU or WSU (based on my geology professor's recommendations for schools with good geology programs). So I settle for the small private college so my family can stay in the same place, or I wait six years for my daughter to finish middle and highschool, and then finally get back in and do the rest of college I need. I think I just need to go talk to an advisor and figure this poo poo out. The private college doesn't sound too bad from what my professor said, I was just really hoping for WSU or WWU. Maybe I can do my masters later at one of those college? gently caress, yeah I just need to talk to an advisor because I barely know wtf I'm doing. All I know is I want to do geology.

Yeah you should look into Yellow Ribbon participation for schools around you. So far I've bounced from NO to CO and plan on moving to wherever the best lawschool that accepts me is.Consequently I've been in a long distance relationship which sucks dick and I couldn't really imagine doing any of this If I also had a kid to care for. As long as they're regionally accredited institutions then I'd think it'd be all good.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Casimir Radon posted:

Just got a nice letter from the registrars office. They're waiving the second required semester of foreign language for me so I don't have to still be around next spring.

Nice. I spent a year taking ASL to satisfy a modern language requirement.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

holocaust bloopers posted:

I wouldn't take six years off from school. That's an awful lot of time to not move forward.

This is hilarious considering how many of us did exactly that.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Taking 6 years off to pay off the next 6 years of school really isn't that bad a deal

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I constantly feel pressure to perform because all my bosses are my age or slightly younger. It kinda sucks.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Nice. I spent a year taking ASL to satisfy a modern language requirement.

I took 3 years and now sometimes think about how to explain myself in sign language before remembering that I don't know any loving deaf people

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

This is hilarious considering how many of us did exactly that.

What we did was stupid (enlisting). The benefit of that (free college) owns though

And yea I completely forgot about 95% of what I was taught.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Vasudus posted:

I constantly feel pressure to perform because all my bosses are my age or slightly younger. It kinda sucks.

I feel it because I literally work for my older brother now and I kinda feel lovely when I'm not actively helping with building the business

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Which one of you taking a STEM program has to enroll in social etiquette courses because my god I completely see the value in that after meeting a CS major today

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Which one of you taking a STEM program has to enroll in social etiquette courses because my god I completely see the value in that after meeting a CS major today

Would take that pre-req

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
After seeing some people present their maps, I'm feeling a lot better about ArcGIS. My product isn't really all that bad.
That program really requires some patience and thought.

- A Computer Illiterate

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Mike-o posted:

With WWU you get to be immediately surrounded by hippies, whereas at WSU you're surrounded by nothing but farmland and eventually HCT. From what I've heard the geology program at Western is really good, plus you wouldn't be stuck in the middle of loving nowhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
The private school is University of Puget Sound, which apparently has a good geology program. Yeah, no way in gently caress is putting my education on hold for 6 years an option in any way. UofPS is the easier way to go since it's close, because I don't think I'll be able to convince my girlfriend and daughter to move to the other end of the state north or east. I can dream though, because I'd love to go to WWU or WSU, preferably WSU. Then me and HCT can meet up and smoke weed and stuff maybe :shrug:

• Locked thread