Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
You know how the top of new born babies are soft and you can press into them, can you press into a Zika baby and make it's eyes comically bulge out?

Asking for a friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

They are "looking forward to working with the new government" :lol:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I speak weasel. That statement translates to "oh poo poo- oh poo poo- oh poo poo!"

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

hopefully people suffer calamity so that these people can all be RICO'd next.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I feel the pre-season narrative for every Summer Olympics is "shitshow stirrin!" but this one is extra special

When I was in Brazil, we flew to Rio and took a bus immediately to a little town deep in the mountains, about 4 hours away. On the way there, one of the people's luggages fell off the bus and was found later by the local authorities... who immediately called his relatives back home to tell them he was kidnapped and should expect a ransom call soon.

We finally were able to call back to the States two weeks later, the family was exhilirated to find out he was alive. The police just replied "oh, wow, we just figured you were kidnapped and died before you could give the kidnappers your contact info"

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Madcosby posted:

I feel the pre-season narrative for every Summer Olympics is "shitshow stirrin!" but this one is extra special

When I was in Brazil, we flew to Rio and took a bus immediately to a little town deep in the mountains, about 4 hours away. On the way there, one of the people's luggages fell off the bus and was found later by the local authorities... who immediately called his relatives back home to tell them he was kidnapped and should expect a ransom call soon.

We finally were able to call back to the States two weeks later, the family was exhilirated to find out he was alive. The police just replied "oh, wow, we just figured you were kidnapped and died before you could give the kidnappers your contact info"

This is great

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Germstore posted:

I speak weasel. That statement translates to "oh poo poo- oh poo poo- oh poo poo!"

Nah it means "only 50% credit for your previous version's bribes"

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

I wish they would just cancel Japan's bid outright and hand all olympics from hereon out to BRICS countries and other corrupt shitholes crazy enough to want them, these literal shitstorms are better entertainment than the competitions could ever hope to be.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
The IOC already got bribed. And if the event is a disaster they have a perfect scapegoat. On to the next third world country to scam!

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Pawn 17 posted:

They are "looking forward to working with the new government" :lol:

"Did we get any bribes from this new government?"
"No Sir, not a cent."

*starts doodling a big circle around a dollar sign

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Naxuz posted:

I wish they would just cancel Japan's bid outright and hand all olympics from hereon out to BRICS countries and other corrupt shitholes crazy enough to want them, these literal shitstorms are better entertainment than the competitions could ever hope to be.

Honestly who really wants a clean, well organized corruption free Olympics?

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

crabcakes66 posted:

The new crop of Elementals are looking good.

Ugh, where's his EI implants?

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
Seriously though the olympics should be held on a rotating basis by

United States, UK, France, Germany, Australia, and maybe China/Japan.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Naxuz posted:

Looking forward to North Korea's bid.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

SurfaceDetail posted:

Seriously though the olympics should be held on a rotating basis by

United States, UK, France, Germany, Australia, and maybe China/Japan.

Why would you want to remove the entertainment value from this shitshow?

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Dreddout posted:

Why would you want to remove the entertainment value from this shitshow?

imagine being a poor african working your whole life in a sport. You have the opportunity of a lifetime for an all expense paid trip to the Olympics with serious athlete pussy and 1st world amenities.

Then you find out you are going to Brazil.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

SurfaceDetail posted:

imagine being a poor african working your whole life in a sport. You have the opportunity of a lifetime for an all expense paid trip to the Olympics with serious athlete pussy and 1st world amenities.

Then you find out you are going to Brazil.

Counterpoint,

Imagine being a jaded goon who can only experience joy through schadenfreude. You have the once every two years opportunity too experience humanities failings in its unadulterated form.

Then you find out the Olympics are being held in Britain.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

"Did we get any bribes from this new government?"
"No Sir, not a cent."

*starts doodling a big circle around a dollar sign

Twice the governments, twice the bribes! :hellyeah:

Dreddout posted:

Counterpoint,

Imagine being a jaded goon who can only experience joy through schadenfreude. You have the once every two years opportunity too experience humanities failings in its unadulterated form.

Well, there is always the Mt. Everest thread.

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 20:40 on May 12, 2016

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

Say Nothing posted:

In another generation we'll have tiny headed monsters competing in the Olympics.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Dreddout posted:

Counterpoint,

well, the London Olympic games thread was pretty hilarious at the time with all the crazy hyper capitalism and brand protection going on. it's just that it won't even compare to this one.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
ill be honest i cant really fall asleep until i watch a bunch of liveleak videos of car accidents. The schadenfreude is soothing

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
just make 'doping' and 'corruption' both olympic sports

hell, they let in rhythmic gymnastics

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

is speedwalking still an olympic sport and if so, why?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

The answer to both questions: Bryan Cranston.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Did they bring back wrestling? And gently caress golf

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

el B posted:

Did they bring back wrestling? And gently caress golf

They indeed reinstated wrestling for at least 2016 and 2020. And agreed about golf. poo poo sport and most courses would probably be better off as green spaces or parks.

Since the olympics start on Aug 5th, there is still a lot of time for more poo poo to go wrong too. Should be an interesting few months.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Golf sucks so bad

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Eh, golf is pretty pleasant, but it's way too expensive both land wise and monetarily. I mean it's basically strolling through the park chatting up your buds the sport. Oh and I guess you hit a ball now and then.

And god knows why anyone ever watches it. I seriously can't think of anything less interesting than watching golf.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

TontoCorazon posted:

Golf sucks so bad

Replace golf with this new event

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC0QWZXN_vM

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

I guess if you live in an area with no parks or green spaces I could see getting sore about a golf course. I live in an area with a brazillion parks and trails like one golf course so I can't really get mad about it.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

FoolyCharged posted:

Eh, golf is pretty pleasant, but it's way too expensive both land wise and monetarily. I mean it's basically strolling through the park chatting up your buds the sport. Oh and I guess you hit a ball now and then.

And god knows why anyone ever watches it. I seriously can't think of anything less interesting than watching golf.

golf has been quietly dying for a few years now and that is great

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Jumpingmanjim posted:

If Brazil descends into full blown civil war, will the Olympics be cancelled?

No, it just means Hunger Games rules are in effect.

happyhippy posted:

You know how the top of new born babies are soft and you can press into them, can you press into a Zika baby and make it's eyes comically bulge out?

Asking for a friend.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
It's happening. Someone needs to make it a brazil themed .gif.

Brazil prepares to roll back green laws

Amidst the turmoil of the presidential impeachment process, members of Brazil’s Congress are set to dismantle environmental protection laws.

Environmentalists say that if the bill known as PEC 65/2012, now at the Senate committee stage, is approved, it means that major infrastructure projects will be able to go ahead regardless of their impacts on biodiversity, indigenous areas, traditional communities and conservation areas.

http://climatenewsnetwork.net/18257..._eid=3f6f7682e0

TL:DR, gently caress the environment, enjoy more poo poo water.

Seems like the worst case scenario is playing out in the 4th largest economy in the world.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Golf is like watching flies gently caress

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

It makes perfect sense that a committee comprised of oligarchs would think that golf qualifies as an olympic sport. Up there with dressage for Retard poo poo For Bougie Scum, but at least dessage is sort of cool like they're making a horse dance lmao

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

hemophilia posted:

It makes perfect sense that a committee comprised of oligarchs would think that golf qualifies as an olympic sport. Up there with dressage for Retard poo poo For Bougie Scum, but at least dessage is sort of cool like they're making a horse dance lmao

Modern pentathlon is pretty explicitly aristocratic in origin but is probably the raddest Olympic event

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much
To be honest the golf course is probably going to be one of the only facilities built for these olympics that is going to eventually break even financially, that's likely why they brought the sport back.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Replace golf with golf cart destruction derby please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

SurfaceDetail posted:

ill be honest i cant really fall asleep until i watch a bunch of liveleak videos of car accidents. The schadenfreude is soothing

What do you mean they survived?

*loses boner*

• Locked thread