Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

PCOS Bill posted:

16" electric lawn mower

Now how are you going to go about coal rolling the neighborhood kids?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
I rented John Wick last night. It was really good. I regret not seeing it sooner.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Bought some used wheels

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

taqueso posted:

Bought some used wheels

Oooooooohhhh jelly.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

The market for 26" and 9mm QR is pretty slow these days, so there are some really good deals around.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Y'know I'd never really thought to look for nice rims for my 26" wheeler now that everyone's gone 27/29" and enduro mad.

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
Remember: no matter where you go, there you are.
Ow, my wallet.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

ogopogo posted:

Ow, my wallet.

I would very much appreciate a trip report.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ogopogo posted:

Ow, my wallet.

That white is going to be really conspicuous at the beach

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

PCOS Bill posted:

That white is going to be really conspicuous at the beach

It lets everyone know "ooh, expensive lens!".

I've owned the F4.0 version of that lens for a while. Fantastic image quality.

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
Remember: no matter where you go, there you are.

VendaGoat posted:

I would very much appreciate a trip report.

I work with them all the time - if you have the money for it, get it. That's my many trips report! The IS is baller, it's awesome on crop or full-frame, it holds its value decently, it rents all the time - this is all on top of the great quality of the glass.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Not as much a purchase but the punch on my Leatherman MUT broke at the screw-on end, so I went to their Portland brick & mortar store to get it fixed. They just grabbed one out of the package & replaced the whole thing for me. That's customer service.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I bought some chain lube because I ran out of what I thought was my second to last can. It was not.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

My daughter and I had this made for mothers day.

The drat thing is close to 4 ft tall and weighs close to 225 lbs.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
So who's getting the kid in the divorce?

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Rythe posted:

My daughter and I had this made for mothers day.

The drat thing is close to 4 ft tall and weighs close to 225 lbs.

Please tell me you didn't tell her and just left that thing right outside the door.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Nope, I actually managed to wrap it then had to get my neighbor to help me move it after she unwrapped it.

It went over amazingly and she loved it, when my daughter wanted to get her mom a bird for mothers day, I drat well will get her a hell of a bird.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".

Some Italian cranks for my italian bike. Now I just hope I never have to take them off. :downs:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Painful Dart Bomb posted:

Some Italian cranks for my italian bike. Now I just hope I never have to take them off. :downs:

These will inexplicably start on fire at some point.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Uh, gently caress PowerTorque. I mean I understand that you probably got it because you wanted the crank in aluminium and UT is only in carbon nowadays. But seriously, gently caress PowerTorque.

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?

You say that but those gears are getting short in tooth.

pookerbug
Jan 21, 2006

the vitreous humourist
After thrice going through the cycle of buying a lovely new $200 grill every four years, I finally decided to quit being such a cheap loser.

Had to special-order it because nobody had the green one in stock, but if I'm spending 8 bennies on an appliance that lives outside, I'm getting the damned green one.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

pookerbug posted:

After thrice going through the cycle of buying a lovely new $200 grill every four years, I finally decided to quit being such a cheap loser.

Had to special-order it because nobody had the green one in stock, but if I'm spending 8 bennies on an appliance that lives outside, I'm getting the damned green one.

I have the stainless model without the sauce warmer. It's built like a tank. Just throw a cover on it when it cools down and it will last forever.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I've had that model sitting on my patio for a year because I'm too cheap and stubborn to pay the drat plumber $200 to install it to my natural gas line.

I should do that...

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I've had that model sitting on my patio for a year because I'm too cheap and stubborn to pay the drat plumber $200 to install it to my natural gas line.

I should do that...

Nice money skills

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD
Bought a new backpack for summer day hikes:

I have hiked 75km in the past week, so I thought I deserve an upgrade - it's half the weight my current pack, and has better back ventilation.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Shanghaied posted:

I have hiked 75km in the past week, so I thought I deserve an upgrade - it's half the weight my current pack, and has better back ventilation.

I cycle to uni and by the time I get there my back is drenched. Definitely need to upgrade to a bag with back ventilation.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Frankston posted:

I cycle to uni and by the time I get there my back is drenched. Definitely need to upgrade to a bag with back ventilation.

Eh, I find sweaty back in the summer more or less inevitable when wearing a pack and doing anything more than just walking. When I bike commuted in the past I found it easier to just pack a towel, deodorant and a fresh shirt to change into at my destination. When I'm out hiking I don't really care about how I look or smell, so the new pack is more a comfort thing than anything else.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Yeah if you're already sweating to the point that your clothes are drenched a little ventilation will not help that much.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

All this crap:

To go into an arcade cabinet I'm building!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I should do that...

Can't you just use it with the propane it normally users?

Or did you already 'switch over' the internals to use NG?

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Shanghaied posted:

drat you :argh:

You got me thinking, which led to this:

Thinking is a dangerous thing

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Do these backpacks just have one giant compartment?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

They usually have another compartment for the water bladder

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Looks like there is a little compartment on the hip belt.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

strangemusic posted:

All this crap:

To go into an arcade cabinet I'm building!

I envy/hate you. I've wanted to do this badly for a few years now. Do you have any details or a build thread? Are you building the cabinet yourself or getting a kit?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Finally jumped on-board this Raspberry Pi hype train:

Probably just turn it into an emulator for now, maybe something different later.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Etrips posted:

Do these backpacks just have one giant compartment?

Basically, yup. This one also has a mesh pocket on the back, so I can cram some more crap in there too. I'm curious to see if I can pare down my 75 liter overnight pack to fit into this 22 liter pack :black101:

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

OSU_Matthew posted:

Basically, yup. This one also has a mesh pocket on the back, so I can cram some more crap in there too. I'm curious to see if I can pare down my 75 liter overnight pack to fit into this 22 liter pack :black101:

I take it these type of packs aren't meant to carry a tent? They're just for hiking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Coredump posted:

I take it these type of packs aren't meant to carry a tent? They're just for hiking?

Correct, this is a genre called daypacks.