Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

belt posted:

If a university police officer isn't an expert at threat assessment, I don't know who is.

Reminder, that cop got money for "emotional distress".

He got triggered and needed a safe space (in his bank account).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

The gently caress? He got money because he pepper sprayed a bunch of harmless people who were crouching down and obviously being compliant?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

DicktheCat posted:

The gently caress? He got money because he pepper sprayed a bunch of harmless people who were crouching down and obviously being compliant?

The reason given for his compensation was obviously not the act of pepper spraying people. It was the harassment and such that he received after the incident since it was a public spectacle and everyone knew he was the one who did it.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
$38,055 in worker's comp.

http://www.sfgate.com/politics/joegarofoli/article/UC-Davis-pepper-spray-officer-awarded-38-000-4920773.php

...and 27,000 threatening text messages and emails. :unsmigghh:

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Illegal aliens raping and killing people should, at most, be handled by the FBI.

There's no reason to get the president involved in local law enforcement issues; he's literally too busy for that.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Who paid him?

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

gently caress him. I hope news of his compensation has gotten him more attention. "I did a lovely thing that I got publicly called out for. Abloobloobloo"

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

this is going here because I'm not sure where else exactly to put it but I want to put it somewhere

mm yes, harley quinn, that noted important story-driving character who is not characterized by her relationship with a male character

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I always mistake her name for Margot Kidder and have a moment of joy that she has found sanity and work. :smith:

Duey
Sep 5, 2004

Hi
Nap Ghost

DicktheCat posted:

The best (read: worst) part about this is that he actually got more than the people he pepper-sprayed.
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2013/1024/Pepper-spray-cop-gets-bigger-payout-than-sprayed-students.-Wrong-message-video

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

this is going here because I'm not sure where else exactly to put it but I want to put it somewhere

mm yes, harley quinn, that noted important story-driving character who is not characterized by her relationship with a male character

Nah now she's driven by her relationship with a FEMALE character instead, yay?

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life
Well, she is saying that she WANTS roles like those, not that she's getting them.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

That guy makes 120 grand a year. :stare:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

She only used to be tied to the Joker. Nu cool DC made her a strong independent super sexy short shorts lesbian. Because modern DC is run by idiots. Bruce Timm's version was tied to the Joker and used Quinn as a vehicle to deal with spousal abuse and stockholm syndrome. And even then, they had episodes where Harley went "gently caress it!" and ditched the Joker to go party on her own, party with Ivy, or even try to go straight and get rehabilitated.

Arc Hammer has a new favorite as of 21:50 on May 12, 2016

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

All comics are terrible even the 'good' ones. The Joel Schumacher Batman films are better than 99% of comics.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

She's had her own series for awhile without the Joker in it so... yes?

E:F,B

Who What Now has a new favorite as of 22:06 on May 12, 2016

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I dunno, the last 20 years have pretty inextricably cemented her as Harley Quinn, The Joker's Girlfriend in my mind. Good for them for changing it though I guess :shobon:

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

captainOrbital posted:

There's no reason to get the president involved in local law enforcement issues; he's literally too busy for that.

The president literally has to be Superman, zooming around the country and fighting injustice. If he doesn't he's a Bad President Pee Pee Doo Doo

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Laserjet 4P posted:

The president literally has to be Superman, zooming around the country and fighting injustice. If he doesn't he's a Bad President Pee Pee Doo Doo

But if he did do that, he'd be taking away jobs from Are Brave Cops, and would make him a Bad President.

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Maker Of Shoes posted:

That guy makes 120 grand a year. :stare:

What a bunch of loving bull. Most professors don't get that

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
If they gave me a hundred grand a year raise, I would pepper spray kids every day!

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Aramek posted:

If they gave me a hundred grand a year raise, I would pepper spray kids every day!

For 100K a year, I'd pepper spray my own kids! :haw:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Karma Monkey posted:

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Karma Monkey posted:

I'll pepper spray your kids for free!

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Only if we record it for youtube and I get to yell world staaaarrrrrr in the background. Deal?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Fashionable Jorts posted:

What a chump. I will gladly pepper spray your kids for 10 bucks.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Madkal posted:

What a chump. I will gladly pepper spray your kids for 10 bucks.

Wait, are you offering to pay to pepper spray his kids, or to be paid to pepper spray his kids?

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Harley Quinn has been a bad character in almost everything after the 90s cartoon because writers and artists keep missing the point and want to make her a crazy lady they can jerk off to. The movie version doesn't look much better, going by her outfit alone.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Who What Now posted:

Wait, are you offering to pay to pepper spray his kids, or to be paid to pepper spray his kids?

Either are probably fair.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Who What Now posted:

Either or. I'm not too picky.

Red Hood
Feb 22, 2007

It's too late. You had your chance. And I'm just getting started.
People are really really worried about bathrooms.

Public posts, so gently caress'em.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
"Why can't these perverts be satisfied with their own separate (but equal) bathrooms?"

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Always wondered how people with strong bigoted beliefs feel about being on the wrong side of history decades down the line.
Like right now they think they are right to stand up to those "filthy perverts" and such, but then I begin to wonder how people who thought that pesky Rosa Parks should have just shut her trap and moved to the back of the bus must feel now. In 10 or so years from now when no-one really gives a flying gently caress about transgender people peeing where they want to, will the people posting such stupid poo poo be self-aware enough to say to themselves "jeez, I really got that all wrong"?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Nope.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Neither a jot nor a tittle.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I imagine a "well you misunderstood what I was saying" type scenario happening.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Don't doxx me. I'm the person with the ponytar making GBS threads on transpeople.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Madkal posted:

Always wondered how people with strong bigoted beliefs feel about being on the wrong side of history decades down the line.
Like right now they think they are right to stand up to those "filthy perverts" and such, but then I begin to wonder how people who thought that pesky Rosa Parks should have just shut her trap and moved to the back of the bus must feel now. In 10 or so years from now when no-one really gives a flying gently caress about transgender people peeing where they want to, will the people posting such stupid poo poo be self-aware enough to say to themselves "jeez, I really got that all wrong"?

That's a good question, but the cynic in me says they'll just double down on their beliefs anyway. Why else would people be so nostalgic for times when it tended to be particularly unpleasant for non-WASP people?

"It was a simpler time" is often code for "I didn't have to feel guilty/get called out on being a total bigot". No wonder they miss it so much :rolleyes:

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Madkal posted:

Almost universally, those on the wrong side of history are furious until the day they die that history didn't stop for them. People who were mad about desegregation in the 60s are still mad about it today. Like - keeping it on topic - Donald Trump's old butler:

quote:

To all my friends on FB, just a short note to you on our pus headed "president" !!!! This character who I refer to as zero (0) should have been taken out by our military and shot as an enemy agent in his first term !!!!! Instead he still remains in office doing every thing he can to gut the America we all know and love !!!!! Now comes Donald J Trump to put an end to the corruption in government !!!! The so called elite, who are nothing but common dog turds from your front lawn are shaking in their boots because there is a new Sheriff coming to town, and the end to their corruption of the American people (YOU) is at hand !!!! I cannot believe that a common murder is even allowed to run (killery clinton) OR that a commie like bernie is a also allowed to also run !!!! Come on America put your big boy pants on---this election you have a choice---GET YOUR rear end OUT AND VOTE !!!! Thank you !!!!

82 years old and still as horrifyingly racist as ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Man i wonder how people of Rosa Parks time would have reacted to what she did if the internet and social media existed at the time.