Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

foutre posted:

What's their op.gg?

http://br.op.gg/summoner/userName=Primus

Other than his current 95% ranked wr over the past 20 games, both his top teams sport a total of 147 victories and 12 defeats for a 92%+ win rate. He only plays TT and plays pretty much all the time. Most teams are pretty bad which is why it's fairly easy to get a 80% win rate if you're in prime condition but some of the people he's beating are really good mechanically, far far better than myself, and no one really knows what the gently caress. There's nothing to ban against him with that champion pool.

gently caress that noise, I'm going back to SR. Time to practice some Blitzcrank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Elentor posted:

gently caress that noise, I'm going back to SR. Time to practice some Blitzcrank.

I highly recommend playing the real game, it is the best one by far.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
BR Twisted Treeline Challenger is like Gold I NA/EUW so I'm pretty sure you'll be fine in the long run bro

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

if anyone in plat or diamond plays jungle let me know because my greatest enemy in every game i play is always my allied jungler and i hate it

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

skarner's insanely strong with the e max but never really *feels* that way when you're actually playing him, it's weird. probably just his nature as an attrition duelist.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Radical posted:

if anyone in plat or diamond plays jungle let me know because my greatest enemy in every game i play is always my allied jungler and i hate it

i play jungle, technically, but i also put support in my pick preferences so what i actually play is support

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gibberish posted:

BR Twisted Treeline Challenger is like Gold I NA/EUW so I'm pretty sure you'll be fine in the long run bro

All jokes aside there's no difference in the sub-master category between NA and BR, they're all the same. I played S1 and S2 in NA before moving to BR and it was pretty much the same experience in Solo Queue. As far as I know these are my observations:

Highest I ever got in Solo Queue before I started only playing teams was top 2% in early S3.
Gold (at the time top 10%) and Plat (top 1.5%) played the same in both regions so it's safe to say most low level Diamonds (top 2% nowadays) are the same in both regions.
#1 TT is about the same as #30 in 5s Team in terms of difficulty, that's as far as I got and the difficulty was similar. Probably going up this season because of the lovecraftian teams coming out of the woods.
Both are equivalent to D1-D2 in terms of solo queue players you need to consistently beat.

At #30 in SR I played against Kami and Minerva. Kami had 2200 rating in S1 NA which was top 160. I played against him in S3 when I didn't suck as bad as I do now and he wasn't that much above the other players who had similar Elo, but that was long before he got to the worlds, so I imagine he's much better now.
Minerva was by far the best player I've ever played against and he seemed to be leagues above me in terms of mechanical skill, I think he was the first player that ever struck me as "holy poo poo this guy is good". I felt vindicated when they kicked Alliance out of Worlds even though I know they'd lose hard if they had to play a few more matches.

The local pros can get challenger in other regions, but I think that the non-pros are equivalent to Master-D2 from other more populated regions. So I'd say #1 TT in BR is at best equivalent to D4-D3 solo queue in NA. I don't see a lot of difference between the top 10 solo queue players and the D1 players I played against in the past 3 years. I think D5 (possibly up to D3) and below is the same between BR and other regions in every queue. I've lagged behind pretty hard due to falling very very ill for the past year or so :smith:, right now I think I'd be top 20-15% at most. I guess I'll figure out how bad I am nowadays once I get back to SR.

With that said I'm okay with having to deal with smaller fish because playing against people who actually know what they're doing is incredibly tiresome.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 17:41 on May 12, 2016

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES
Any WW whisperers having luck with him in lane? I tried him out top last night versus Gnar and actually had way more fun than I expected, but we ended up losing due to having a Vayne+Ez bot combo and no wards.

I ended up rushing Wit's End into SV into Rageblade but by the time the teamfights started, my CS suffered horribly so I finished rageblade too late to be anything other than a tanky initiator. Are any of the new hextech items worth building on him, or is this a terrible idea (even in bronze) and I should just go Ekko/Mao top?

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
e: ^^ Ekko/Mao are definitely going to be stronger, and that's a really late power spike.

I think Rageblade might make sense if you're jungling and buying a Bloodrazor into tank.

Although Overpow played some Titanic Hydra -> Rageblade -> Tank, sometimes Wits End -> Rageblade -> Titanic -> Tank on top WW, so that could be worth trying.

Gibberish posted:

I know you were j.k., but I'm a goddamn nerd so I went and looked up Ranked player population stats by server:

KR - 2,700,000

EUW - 2,366,000

NA - 1,469,000

EUNE - 1,150,000

BR - 826,000

TR- 506,000

LAS - 379,000

LAN - 361,000

OCE - 170,000

RU - 129,000

JP - 61,000

Basically, Korea and EUW are just enormous, then NA/EUNU/BR are the next tier in size, and they rapidly get smaller from there. (Also, holy poo poo I didn't realize how huge EUW/KR were)

Given that EUW and NA are generally seen as similarly difficult (although maybe that isn't precisely true), and that NA is ~60% the size of EUW and BR is about ~52% the size of NA, it does seem like there should generally be the same skill distribution, maybe shifted somewhat and topping out lower.

Anecdotally, I played on EUW and NA in Season 1/2/3 and ended at the same mmr in both.

Last season, I played on LAN as well as NA and climbing through Plat was really easy on that account, despite me topping out at Plat 2 in NA (although, to be fair I was skipping divisions on NA too so maybe I could have gone further).

I feel like the difference in skill across the ladder probably doesn't get as pronounced until you get to significantly smaller servers like LAN/LAS/OCE, and I imagine Japan isn't even a little bit comparable (esp. if top players play in KR/China). Probably really good players from like Russia or Turkey would just play on EUW or whatever, which might make things even less competitive on the top end beyond just population differences, but who knows.

How server skill by tier translates across TT/SR I imagine is more difficult to tell. Obviously when 5s Challengers are on a 3s team that's easier to tell that that portion of the top end of the ladder is similar, but beyond that it's tough to tell.

foutre fucked around with this message at 18:20 on May 12, 2016

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

if you're gonna lane WW you might as well do something fun+bad like the AP assassin build (ludens+nashors+AP items)

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Hermetic posted:

Do you need help adjusting the helium bag?

Ok

Libertine posted:

How do you die once every 2.5 minutes on a character that should never position itself dangerously as a long range siege mage?

Very carefully.

Thanks, goodnight.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is it okay to have one champion you play or do you need to branch out? Bard is a lot of fun.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Enemy Lee Sin from last Goon normal:

I was playing Ezreal :lol:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Warwick is probably the only hero to actually benefit from the Rageblade changes. Like his entire kit works in its favor.

Also TT is fun, the only 2 problems are 1) the ganking/jungling role is extremely vital to winning and 2) the people too derpy for SR go there, not even exactly bad players just completely alien. As if they opened League instead of Audiosurf by accident and haven't realized it yet.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Robo Reagan posted:

Is it okay to have one champion you play or do you need to branch out? Bard is a lot of fun.

Its fine to have a fave hero, but you should still try other heroes and positions because thats the best way to understand their ranges, weaknesses, and where they're likely to be at X point in the game.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

How Rude posted:

hahahahah

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

DolphinCop posted:

i play jungle, technically, but i also put support in my pick preferences so what i actually play is support

im probably gonna play tonight if you wanna tag in, cant be any worse than the games i played last night. gimme ur ign

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Replay highlight of Lee Sin

http://plays.tv/video/5734c491ab1bacdc63/lee-sin-is-gonna-have-a-bad-time

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

How Rude posted:

Time for a true display of "I'm at my Wit's End with all these junglers..."
http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2185046143/35935640?tab=overview

Probably the most fun I've had jungling all season.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

How Rude posted:

This reminds me of a OFA where I was against this duo queue pushing for him (because Lee is boring, most people are bad with him, and he has the item variety of a clone trooper), they basically had a freakout about how I totally dont want to play him because he takes mad skizills.

Team settled on Jax, duo queue hardcore fed and moaned about how Jax is a dumb and bad hero who takes no skiiiiilllll

Like, button mashing doesnt mean infinity skill, Jayce and Sona aren't super-dendi pro picks

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

Time for a true display of "I'm at my Wit's End with all these junglers..."
http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2185046143/35935640?tab=overview

Probably the most fun I've had jungling all season.

Honestly that item is probably okay on Kindred in some circumstances.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

has anyone tried the dash belt on amumu

it seems like it'd be decent

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009
I've seen protobelts getting deployed on quite a few champions. And even a revolver here and there (usually a fizz), but has anyone seen the ice one bought yet?

I have no idea what it does/who its good on since no one has even experimented with it.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Primetime posted:

I've seen protobelts getting deployed on quite a few champions.

It's disgustingly good and you're going to see everyone start building it.

Try it on Diana, it's gross.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Primetime posted:

I've seen protobelts getting deployed on quite a few champions. And even a revolver here and there (usually a fizz), but has anyone seen the ice one bought yet?

I have no idea what it does/who its good on since no one has even experimented with it.

i saw a veigar get it once, he did real well and then we lost

protobelt first on TF seems mediocre when i lane against people that get it but lategame i got tped in on and the belt oneshot me so i guess the jokes on me?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i saw a singed build it for extra kiting while still getting damage out

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Primetime posted:

The ice one is probably the best one. Like yeah the dash is great for some champs, but I can't think of ANYONE that doesn't benefit a ton from the ice gun

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Chill is kinda meh since it has the same cooldown and AP ratio as dash, but its harder to shotgun and most people building AP already have crowd control. I've mainly taken it on Veigar and Viktor; heroes that you dont really want to be dashing into the thick of things.

A spare dash is just too useful to pass up on a lot of heroes; it's like comparing Flash and Exhaust.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Sexpansion posted:

It's disgustingly good and you're going to see everyone start building it.

Try it on Diana, it's gross.

Don't get me wrong, I love the thing, I've been rocking it on fizz since its cheaper/more efficient than the gunblade out of the jungle.

I can see it getting a cost nerf first and foremost. 2500 gold is nothing, and you can sit on a revolver for a long time if you don't want to finish it ASAP.

zDrache
Oct 15, 2015
Any goon clubs or groups who play on NA that are active? Looking for people to play normals, maybe ranked.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Blue Thresh is refreshingly fun
http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2185122829/35935640?tab=builds

Tanky AP CDR, all of Thresh's moves have good AP ratios, my lantern had +134 shielding and I forget what the Death's Sentence was. I'm not really joking I think it might be his overall highest performing set of items, but I don't know if I could get it through ranked games without people poo poo talking me.

It also makes synergy with Thunderlord's much higher. My end-game was trying to complete the Zhonya's so I could get even crazier on the dives, but the game ended before that.

Peakay
Jun 29, 2013

Stealthy Simian of Trickery

zDrache posted:

Any goon clubs or groups who play on NA that are active? Looking for people to play normals, maybe ranked.

There's like 3 goon clubs that are already full, but everyone hangs out in the SilverSquid Chat on NA.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Libertine posted:

Blue Thresh is refreshingly fun
http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2185122829/35935640?tab=builds

Tanky AP CDR, all of Thresh's moves have good AP ratios, my lantern had +134 shielding and I forget what the Death's Sentence was. I'm not really joking I think it might be his overall highest performing set of items, but I don't know if I could get it through ranked games without people poo poo talking me.

It also makes synergy with Thunderlord's much higher. My end-game was trying to complete the Zhonya's so I could get even crazier on the dives, but the game ended before that.

I respect the Abyssal purchase, but idk if Mundo/Gragas or Fizz on your team quite merit the purchase. I vote Protobelt instead. Fun build though!

(The CDR does seem good though in a lot of other situations, not sure about this one).

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

foutre posted:

I respect the Abyssal purchase, but idk if Mundo/Gragas or Fizz on your team quite merit the purchase. I vote Protobelt instead. Fun build though!

(The CDR does seem good though in a lot of other situations, not sure about this one).

I feel like new Abyssal is an objectively good purchase on Thresh, it has a boatload of MR, 10% CDR, good AP, and you are going to be in the center of their team in just about every fight and weakening the enemy MR is pretty solid. It's like an inverse Aegis with 2.5x strength that you will almost always be able to be in range to deliver the debuff basically. In this particular game they had almost no actual big AP threat of their own to merit an Aegis.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i'm the fizz, so yes i needed all the help i could get. my cs was super low because i hosed up early and there was a poo poo ton of roaming and fighting going on. in my defense yasuo didn't really press his lane advantage and roamed and lost a ton of cs too

stump collector fucked around with this message at 22:39 on May 12, 2016

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
A bunch of champs are getting their lore reworked, but there's like no planned changes to any of them. Right? What the hell?

zDrache
Oct 15, 2015

Peakay posted:

There's like 3 goon clubs that are already full, but everyone hangs out in the SilverSquid Chat on NA.

Joined. God bless

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Radical posted:

My greatest enemies in every game, listed in order: enemy jungler, my jungler, my support, my top laner, my mid laner, whoever is on the enemy team.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
The worst enemy of slydingdoor is slydingdoor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Safety Scissors posted:

A bunch of champs are getting their lore reworked, but there's like no planned changes to any of them. Right? What the hell?
i like how they expect anyone to actually sit down and read 5000 words about a dogman and his brother who is somehow a crocodile

• Locked thread