Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

mcmagic posted:

Modern is stupid.

Johnny Raincloud dousing y'all motherfuckers with a truth shower

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Wurzag posted:

Gotta be honest besides the stupid combat bits I actually liked the most recent uncharted realms. I can see why people like Tamiyo so much, the whole thing of using collected stories as spells is really cool.

It was the first time in probably the whole history of uncharted realms where it felt like I was reading something that took a bit of imagination to write, in other words, legitimate fantasy. Tamiyo is the best.

Trilas
Sep 16, 2004

mcmagic posted:

Anyone been playing Eldrazi Taxes in modern? Any good?

The deck's an absolute blast to play and seems perfect for tearing apart Tron and Infect. The mana can be pretty awkward sometimes, but when the deck works, it feels incredibly unfair. Also, given the 10 main deck sources of hand disruption, I'm pretty sure it just can't lose to combo.
I've had a lot of success with it, 3-1'ing every time I've brought it to my weekly modern or an FNM. Didn't do very well with it at states, because I faced Kiki Chord twice and Jund once (which are both pretty bad matchups).
(Phone posting, or I'd post my list).

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

mcmagic posted:

Anyone been playing Eldrazi Taxes in modern? Any good?

Yes and yes!

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Sickening posted:

An alternative build.

Deck has Bridge from Below in it; deck is automatically cool and good.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
quickly pulling from the comment section from lepores cfb article before they get taken down:

quote:

a stasis snare and a couple of declaration in stones does wonders to make sure you don't get "clucked" by ormendahl.

quote:

The worst part of my night was waiting for this article

The best part of my day was reading this article

the latter quote is literally the best thing cml has ever written,

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Zoness posted:

quickly pulling from the comment section from lepores cfb article before they get taken down:

the latter quote is literally the best thing cml has ever written,

loving magical. :allears:

We need more of these asap.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A guy I work with brought me his cards from when he was younger to sell me. I was hoping to see a bunch of real early good stuff. Did not. I got a foil Necropotence out of there though.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

ButtWolf posted:

A guy I work with brought me his cards from when he was younger to sell me. I was hoping to see a bunch of real early good stuff. Did not. I got a foil Necropotence out of there though.

Send me the white border lands

I recently went through my old baseball cards hoping to find some pieces of my 1995 starter deck. All I found was a Cyclopean Mummy :(

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He didn't bring lands, cause he didn't figure I'd want em. He said he'd find em. Also, didn't bring any constructed decks, these were just the extras. How much and how many lands you want? He doesn't really know prices or anything, so can get for real cheap and I'll give them to you for what I buy for plus like $1-2 shipping.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Soul Glo posted:

Send me the white border lands

I recently went through my old baseball cards hoping to find some pieces of my 1995 starter deck. All I found was a Cyclopean Mummy :(

Now this is a man with good taste in lands.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Balon posted:

Yes and yes!

List?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

ButtWolf posted:

He didn't bring lands, cause he didn't figure I'd want em. He said he'd find em. Also, didn't bring any constructed decks, these were just the extras. How much and how many lands you want? He doesn't really know prices or anything, so can get for real cheap and I'll give them to you for what I buy for plus like $1-2 shipping.

I was mostly joking, I actually didn't play from that '95 starter deck until last year. There's a small part of me that fears someone would be like "Dope lands, when'd you start playing," and I'd have to reply with "Battle for Zendikar."

I'll just use my BFZ full arts. :unsmith:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

quote:

Complaining about opponents who declare their triggers? I just... there might be backlash against you but I don't know what

these frank lepore owns are getting worse

but also lol at complaining about people declaring triggers

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

thought you didnt like modern

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

ShaneB posted:

I despise it.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

ShaneB posted:

Mcmagic is still sore after the eye of ugin ban. He will turn it around eventually.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Sickening posted:

Mcmagic is still sore after the eye of ugin ban. He will turn it around eventually.

I am still sore but I hated modern even when Tron was good.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

mcmagic posted:

I am still sore but I hated modern even when Tron was good.

Stop it. You know that isn't true.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I hate Legacy.
I hate Modern.
I hate Standard.
I hate EDH.

The gently caress is the point then?

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Count Bleck posted:

I hate Legacy.
I hate Modern.
I hate Standard.
I hate EDH.

draft

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Count Bleck posted:

I hate Legacy.
I hate Modern.
I hate Standard.
I hate EDH.

Lording it over people when you win at a format you proclaim to hate

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Count Bleck posted:

I hate Legacy.
I hate Modern.
I hate Standard.
I hate EDH.

Momir

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Count Bleck posted:

I hate Legacy.
I hate Modern.
I hate Standard.
I hate EDH.

limited is a format, hoss

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
I love every Constructed format that I get to play for free. When they cost money, they're all bad.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Count Bleck posted:

I hate Legacy.
I hate Modern.
I hate Standard.
I hate EDH.

I don't play anything but limited because buying decks and keeping them playable is too much $$$ but I can sure afford to blow $15 here and there and enjoy playing the game.

Especially when i can sell the poo poo that I'm left with for as much or more than I bought in for most of the time, keep some scraps to build a gimmick deck with later and come out ahead or spend 5 bucks or so on a night's worth of cards.

I'm still terrible as gently caress at draft mostly, mediocre at sealed, but it's still pretty fun when I don't have anything else going on.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Where else am I gonna get so many wildly different forms of cheating drama?

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

mcmagic posted:

I despise it.

Is it a creature or a planeswalker?

Sickening posted:

An alternative build.

Do the Narcomoebas serve any purpose other than bringing back the Amalgam? Be pretty funny if they were worth it just for that.

(I guess they're also just a free 1/1 flyer but that doesn't exactly seem like valuecakes)

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Limited is great because you get to actually play with 90% of the cards, and it gains you a greater appreciation for the work that goes into set design. Or at least gives you greater ammunition to hate on the set design. Both are perks.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

JerryLee posted:

Do the Narcomoebas serve any purpose other than bringing back the Amalgam? Be pretty funny if they were worth it just for that.

(I guess they're also just a free 1/1 flyer but that doesn't exactly seem like valuecakes)

Evasion and synergy with the rest of the deck. Amalgam is basically the core to how this deck works.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Count Bleck posted:

I hate Legacy.
I hate Modern.
I hate Standard.
I hate EDH.

Pauper.

Attorney at Funk posted:

I love every Constructed format that I get to play for free. When they cost money, they're all bad.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Count Bleck posted:

I hate Legacy.
I hate Modern.
I hate Standard.
I hate EDH.

Cube.

qbert posted:

Where else am I gonna get so many wildly different forms of cheating drama?

Clearly on Imgur?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

JerryLee posted:

You can sac them to the suspended Gargadon to make Zombies with Bridge.

Obviously they'd be way better if Dread Return or Cabal Therapy were cards in Modern, but c'est la vie.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 20:49 on May 12, 2016

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Hello, my name is Hellsau. I have a public service announcement for you all. Null Profusion is a bomb.

You play this card on turn 6, and you cast every card in your deck over the next four or five turns. Your lands cantrip. All your spells cantrip. I got this card P3P14 - and if I did not have a totally busted mono-white deck, I'd be splashing this double-black card.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Hellsau posted:

Hello, my name is Hellsau. I have a public service announcement for you all. Null Profusion is a bomb.

You play this card on turn 6, and you cast every card in your deck over the next four or five turns. Your lands cantrip. All your spells cantrip. I got this card P3P14 - and if I did not have a totally busted mono-white deck, I'd be splashing this double-black card.

I didn't realize there was a color-shifted recycle in that set, that's awesome.

I feel like this would be a decent fun-of in Jund or Abzan, especially since it fixes all those awkward lategame turns where you draw an IoK or something.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Hellsau posted:

You cast this card on turn 6 and your opponent casts Wistful Thinking on you. :rip:

(fortunately people do not pick Wistful Thinking very high but it is definitely a playable card)

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Hellsau posted:

What happens when you have 2 lands in your hand and you already played your land for the turn?

Also most 6-drops are bombs.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

qbert posted:

What happens when you have 2 lands in your hand and you already played your land for the turn?

Also most 6-drops are bombs.

You use the cycling mechanic you got on them. You did think to include cycling lands, right? And this is a massive bomb.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Sickening posted:

http://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/modern-dredgevine-25940#paper

Basically dredgevine.dec with a new shadows card. Just turns out that Prized Amalgam is really good.

lmao, I remember a ridiculous Vengevine spec awhile ago i wonder if it will happen again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

rabidsquid posted:

lmao, I remember a ridiculous Vengevine spec awhile ago i wonder if it will happen again

did you sell your vengevines to buy calciform pools

• Locked thread