Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fureil
Jul 7, 2012

pseudanonymous posted:

Turn on your mwd and go afk for a day

That won't ever get you out of DScan range in a reasonable time. At 5km/s, which is how fast my little frigate goes right now as I don't have an interceptor and don't feel like overheating, it would take 364 days to fly 1 AU.

Moatman posted:

There's two ways, deadspace pocket and in-warp bookmarks. It's generally better to drop a bookmark, warp to it, then warp to another celestial and drop a second bm. You won't be able to do this super effectively in a lot of systems because of celestial placement, though

Yeah, I've been doing that. Was just trying to figure out if there was a way I could get a bookmark 15 AU above the highest celestial in a system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DigitalDud
Sep 6, 2005
I feel like CCP should just make safespot creation into an official feature at this point considering how essential it is to the game play. They could make a big quality of living improvement there. Given that it's possible to intentionally drain your cap and drop out of warp far short of 100km, why not just let you plug in an arbitrary distance?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Deepspace bookmarks were deliberately removed.
The best alternative is to hope there's a celestial in the given system that is itself off-scan for the rest of the system. Bookmarks from anoms spawning around that can be random enough, or make one between two moons.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Fureil posted:

Just checking to see if any of you know a way in your vast experiences, but I'm trying to narrow down a sure fire answer as to if it is possible to make bookmarks that are way out the middle of nowhere by means other than finding a deadspace pocket? Apparently back in the old days there used to be some fancy tricks to get really remote bookmarks but it seems most of them have been killed off.

You are probably referring to the days of 3000 AU bookmarks. That was published by goons back in 2009 I believe, with CCP declaring it an exploit and patching it a few months later.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
The trick was logging out in mid warp and then the game would sling you past your target a few AU at a time. Then keep making bookmarks where you landed when you logged back in. I think... I know it involved logging off mid warp...

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

DigitalDud posted:

I feel like CCP should just make safespot creation into an official feature

They're called "bookmarks".

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

necrotic posted:

They're called "bookmarks".

Yes but no where in any official guide are the explained at all

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Sunber posted:

Yes but no where in any official guide are the explained at all

Neither are things like fitting your ship

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
Pretty sure they are at least touched upon now, still piss poor but better than literally nothing

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Flanders or anyone else who wants to tear my pyfa skills to bits, care to provide suggestions to these Mach fits for mission running? I tried playing around with both armor and shield tanks. Not sure if damage controls are worth it over a 4th damage mod on the shield fits; also not sure if I should just go with warp speed rigs or resist rigs so they're not exactly consistent between the options. The arty fit is an alternative for something like Dread Pirate Scarlett to alpha her from range and get the implant.

code:
[L4 Machariel - T2 AC Armor]

Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Centus C-Type Large Armor Repairer
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II

Tracking Computer II, Optimal Range Script
500MN Microwarpdrive II
Heavy Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Cap Booster 800

800mm Repeating Cannon II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma L
Dark Blood Heavy Energy Nosferatu

Large Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II
code:
[Machariel, L4 Machariel - T2 AC Shield]

Damage Control II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II

Domination EM Ward Field
Domination Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Domination X-Large Shield Booster
Domination 500MN Microwarpdrive

[Empty High slot]

Large Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II
code:
[Machariel, L4 Machariel - T2 Arty Shield]

Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Damage Control II

Domination EM Ward Field
Domination Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Domination X-Large Shield Booster
Domination 500MN Microwarpdrive

1400mm Prototype Siege Cannon, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma L
[Empty High slot]

Large Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
How does carrier ratting work? Won't you wipe out all of the belts far faster than they respawn?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
anomalies dude

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Before two weeks ago the last time I played there weren't any anomalies. :colbert:

Is it more profitable than blitzing level 4s? Either way it must be dangerous as hell.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
anomalies are very much figured out, just like level 4s and neither one is dangerous at all (unless you get ganked or are bad)

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

anomalies are very much figured out, just like level 4s and neither one is dangerous at all (unless you get ganked or are bad)

I mean the danger of getting ganked. lol if you lose a carrier to rats. (unless the new capital ship rats factor in here)

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Before two weeks ago the last time I played there weren't any anomalies. :colbert:

Is it more profitable than blitzing level 4s? Either way it must be dangerous as hell.

It's pretty safe, especially now that you have to pay attention though you are better off running level 5 missions in your carrier for 4x the money and less risk but it takes more work/money to setup in the beginning. Level 4s have added a thing called burner missions, tough single or trio rats that will wreck your poo poo, but if you have the right setup you can complete them stupid fast for a very high payout so it all depends really

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

To do level 5s efficiently don't you need a carrier account in every possible system?

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Not account just a carrier. And multiple pullers. While grinding pullers you can eventually just run l4s. I can trippled box l4s no problem, excepting burners I only one box those. So what that means is you make real solid space bux while grinding up to mad fukken spacebux

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Syndic Thrass posted:

Not account just a carrier. And multiple pullers. While grinding pullers you can eventually just run l4s. I can trippled box l4s no problem, excepting burners I only one box those. So what that means is you make real solid space bux while grinding up to mad fukken spacebux

So you keep your carriers docked up in between missions? Seems like an easy way to get attention if gankers are watching the station when you undock.

And what's a puller in this context?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

And what's a puller in this context?

A character with high enough standings to request a mission from the agent.

The way this is done most efficiently is to have multiple characters that can request missions, and to decline everything that cannot be blitzed with a carrier. In this way, you will maximize your money but also rapidly tank your standings from all the mission declines; but, with multiple characters pulling missions you can effectively avoid this by using Character B to pull missions while Character A is on the standings decline cooldown, or by sharing standings between characters in the same fleet. The goal here is to make sure that none of your pullers are ever below the standings necessary to request a mission, but also to only ever do the desired missions.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
you can get two faction pullers in like 5 hours of fwar shittery, which should be more than enough for only pulling the most profitable and blitzable ones easily

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
It's not really possible to make true deep safes (as in, spots several hundred AU away from the nearest celestial) any more, but there are a few ways of making bookmarks at spots that are outside d-scan range of any celestial and any point on any warp path between any two celestials. The lowest effort method is just to wait for an incursion to spawn in the constellation of interest - for some reason, incursion site spawn at crazy distances from the sun, in random locations. Just make a mid-warp bookmark between two suitably positioned bookmarks and you're done. The second, which works in space where there are L1 mission agents, is to make a throwaway character and spam mission requests from the nearest L1 agent to the system of interest; missions spawn in random locations, including in 'deep' safes. Spam requests until you get one in the system you want and go check it out in your noobship. If it's in a deep safe, you're done; if not, go back and spam more mission requests. The most general method that (afaik) still works is to get a character in a blackops BS and another that can light covert cynos. Move the covert cyno into the system of interest, red-cycle it in a safespot, wait until it has less than a second to go before it deactivates, and then jump the blackops to it. If you time it right, you'll spawn in a new randomly positioned safespot in the target system, which may or may not be a deep safe.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Finally started playing Eve again to see what's changed after nearly a 6 year break, and taking it pretty casually. I've been messing around with a vagabond trying to get the fastest possible cap stable fit not in a fleet and came up with this, just for farting around in Jita.
code:
[Vagabond, Yarrrr]
Reactor Control Unit II
Overdrive Injector System II

Ammatar Navy Medium Capacitor Booster
Cap Recharger II
Core X-Type 500MN Microwarpdrive
Cap Recharger IIc

Medium Auxiliary Thrusters II
Medium Ancillary Current Router I

Navy Cap Booster 400 x15
With the 6-set High-grade Snake set, Zor's hyperlink, and Quafe Zero, my ship is stable at 65% cap at 11,883m/s, 17,488m/s if I overload which is probably never unless I decide to do some bumping shenanigans. I tried putting a 10MN digital booster on a Claw but it was impossible to get anywhere near cap stable. Any suggestions or is this about as fast as it gets cap stable unfleeted?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
aside from in one of the wormholes yeah pretty much

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

10mn mwd dramiel is possible and is faster iirc.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Elmnt80 posted:

Thanks to Ambaire below for the fit!

Otacon fucked around with this message at 21:38 on May 12, 2016

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Elmnt80 posted:

I just tried that using Pyfa, with the 50MN Digital Booster mwd, and it is actually slightly slower; you have to drop the snake omega for a pg booster so it ends up at *only* 11,108m/s. Not to mention you can't bump nearly as well with it.

Edit.

[Dramiel, Dramiel fit]

Navy Micro Auxiliary Power Core

50MN Digital Booster Microwarpdrive
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II

[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

Small Ancillary Current Router II
Small Ancillary Current Router I

High-grade Snake Alpha
High-grade Snake Beta
High-grade Snake Gamma
High-grade Snake Delta
High-grade Snake Epsilon
Inherent Implants 'Squire' Power Grid Management EG-606
Eifyr and Co. 'Rogue' Evasive Maneuvering EM-706

Edit2: just punted an orca over 100km with the vaga

Ambaire fucked around with this message at 14:40 on May 12, 2016

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
How much did the implants set you back?

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Jazzzzz posted:

How much did the implants set you back?

A couple billion, but I was sitting on around ten so it wasn't that big of a dent. I wouldn't take this clone out in low or null sec, got jump clones down there for that.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Just so you know there's now low mid and high grades and they all work with each other so you can use HG 1-4 and mid 5 and 6 and save a shitload without losing too much effect

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Ambaire posted:

I just tried that using Pyfa, with the 50MN Digital Booster mwd, and it is actually slightly slower; you have to drop the snake omega for a pg booster so it ends up at *only* 11,108m/s. Not to mention you can't bump nearly as well with it.

Edit.

[Dramiel, Dramiel fit]

50MN Digital Booster Microwarpdrive
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II

[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

Small Ancillary Current Router II

High-grade Snake Alpha
High-grade Snake Beta
High-grade Snake Gamma
High-grade Snake Delta
High-grade Snake Epsilon
Inherent Implants 'Squire' Power Grid Management EG-606
Eifyr and Co. 'Rogue' Evasive Maneuvering EM-706

Edit2: just punted an orca over 100km with the vaga

Forgot about Powercores, thanks for this fit!

Fureil
Jul 7, 2012

Ambaire posted:

A couple billion, but I was sitting on around ten so it wasn't that big of a dent. I wouldn't take this clone out in low or null sec, got jump clones down there for that.

May I ask how you in particular got space rich? Exploring my options trying to figure out how I want to make space money.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Fureil posted:

May I ask how you in particular got space rich? Exploring my options trying to figure out how I want to make space money.

lol if you think 10b is space rich.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

I'm going to munch space rocks today and nobody can stop me.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Fureil posted:

If you don't die much and play for a couple of years ISK like that accumulates like pocket lint.

Proper space rich is when you can buy multiple titans just because you can and still have enough to plex your 5+ accounts and keep them in Bling fit ships until judgement day and not even notice the dent in your wallet.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

well how do you get that space rich then

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:
Moon goo and market fuckery are the main ways.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

frozenphil posted:

Moon goo and market fuckery are the main ways.

Yeah, using your isk instead of sitting on it.

edit: im sitting on mine :effort:

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Fureil posted:

I used to do a LOT of missions on a different character... that and I sold a few plex, back in 2011ish. The game has changed so much in the 4 years since I was actively playing, so many new items and ships and .. everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

those sound hard

• Locked thread