Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

I'm wearing shorts made of denim rn

I need to buy some black flats for graduation, gently caress heels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Disinterested posted:

why do so many of you assume europeans are the same or really similar though, unironically, it is loving weird

all white people are the same

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
The repulsive shrieking your gizzard emits sounds like the expulsion of fluids from a lesser species on Uthab and will be treated accordingly

nice insult, space mollusc

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Mr. Wookums posted:

I dunno, not really vile. I wore the same pair of, I think, rockports for five years. They had no more grip and ultimately the crease ripped. After a year or so they also became my work shoes while in the kitchen because they were great at greese/hot water protection. Now I only get two years out of a pair wearing them every workday. It's not brooks brothers or anything.

oh dude i wasn't being serious, i would wear dress shoes more often except i dont really have any outfits for them that are like, going out on the town clothes

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

euphronius posted:

I think you have to have a certain number of people to count as a "a people"

Like 10 million.

That would cut out a lot of unimportant chaff.

this bar is set too low since it includes belgians

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

My shoe collection at the moment is boots, pair of tennis shoes, and sports sandals

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Disinterested posted:

why do so many of you assume europeans are the same or really similar though, unironically, it is loving weird
americans don't understand european racism

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Disinterested posted:

I"d like to say small populations, but the curriculum I got in HS didn't really give a gently caress about Europe unless, broadly, Italy was involved.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Badger of Basra posted:

then why isn't turkey allowed in the EU Mr smarty pants

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
eurgh, the perfideous belge

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Badger of Basra posted:

racist

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

mandatory lesbian posted:

oh dude i wasn't being serious, i would wear dress shoes more often except i dont really have any outfits for them that are like, going out on the town clothes

ah I miss those days.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

kustomkarkommando posted:

muslim is coded as nonwhite

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Like you say there is no difference between people from New Jersey and Pennsylvania but it's way more different than some ancient grudges held by lowland surf tribes.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Disinterested posted:

saves time

Badger of Basra posted:

also this

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Whoa there mate. I am king of this bog. Not you.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

kustomkarkommando posted:

because they're Turks
Never 4get 1453

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

slobodan milosevic posted:

Whoa there mate. I am king of this bog. Not you.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

we're all going to turn on the albanians someday when we remember they're actually muslims

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
king of all fens, sloughs, and mires from here to the river, thats me

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lol

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

kawaii

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Been continuing to put a lot of hours into stellaris, which I've discovered I'm very bad at cuz I've got no feel for expansion. I still can't figure out how to get lots of influence (currently sitting at +4 after getting rid of some outposts), I'm not sure how much I should be colonizing planets because I have a ton available to me but then I have to deal with sector AI which doesn't seem to do anything of value.

To distract me from those problems, I discovered a militaristic xenophobic fallen empire last night that immediately declared war on me and wiped me out with a 30k fleet against my paltry 550 fleet (which is another thing i don't really get, I have tons of weapons upgrades but my ships apparently still suck).

So reloaded an earlier save and continued while avoiding that galactic arm, but I decided to check out the "dangerous technology" of sentient AI. Should be fun.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

site posted:

Been continuing to put a lot of hours into stellaris, which I've discovered I'm very bad at cuz I've got no feel for expansion. I still can't figure out how to get lots of influence (currently sitting at +4 after getting rid of some outposts), I'm not sure how much I should be colonizing planets because I have a ton available to me but then I have to deal with sector AI which doesn't seem to do anything of value.

To distract me from those problems, I discovered a militaristic xenophobic fallen empire last night that immediately declared war on me and wiped me out with a 30k fleet against my paltry 550 fleet (which is another thing i don't really get, I have tons of weapons upgrades but my ships apparently still suck).

So reloaded an earlier save and continued while avoiding that galactic arm, but I decided to check out the "dangerous technology" of sentient AI. Should be fun.

you need to use frontier stations sparingly

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Disinterested posted:

you need to use frontier stations sparingly

I've essentially stopped using them but there are a lot of systems without colonizable planets and I dunno how else I'm supposed to expand?

Is it okay to not be just a continuous block of empire, but have little inhabited systems all over the place. Can you make systems into sectors if they're not connected to each other?

site fucked around with this message at 00:55 on May 13, 2016

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe

site posted:

I've essentially stopped using them but there are a lot of systems without colonizable planets and I dunno how else I'm supposed to expand?

enslave alien species that can live on those planets, then trail of tears em

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

site posted:

have you upgraded your ships to use the new tech?

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe
or you could research things that make the planets more tolerable to you, but teh slave way is less effort

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

R. Mute posted:

americans don't understand european racism

i think you'll find as a racist country america is particularly positioned to understand your, heh, racism

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

site posted:

if you're a democracy you get a free 100 influence every five years if you fulfill your mandate (usually building mining stations)

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

site posted:

Rival people you want to attack in the future to generate more influence, research some colonization techs to give you more planet options and just start shooting colony ships into space -- just be sure to shore up your energy income.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

V. Illych L. posted:

have you upgraded your ships to use the new tech?

Yes.

How many ships is normal for a decent fleet? I stopped at like 20 cuz the list had hit the top of the screen.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

if you're a democracy you get a free 100 influence every five years if you fulfill your mandate (usually building mining stations)

Ah, bummer. I'm not playing as a democracy.

Dreylad posted:

Rival people you want to attack in the future to generate more influence, research some colonization techs to give you more planet options and just start shooting colony ships into space -- just be sure to shore up your energy income.

But I don't want to attack anybody :(

And ironically I think I've gotten most of the tech upgrades for the different planet types but the majority of the planets I've been able to colonize so far have been my default anyways.

site fucked around with this message at 01:04 on May 13, 2016

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjb7QtMEBUg

if you didn't have a scientific explanation for these it would be weird to not reach for a religious one imo

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Badger of Basra posted:

muslim is coded as nonwhite
Are you Serbian? Because that's a lot of Bosniak erasure.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

https://twitter.com/k_a_r_a_h/status/730849236200374273

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqVbT-xVrh0

:yeah:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Randler posted:

Are you Serbian? Because that's a lot of Bosniak erasure.

A significant portion of the Caucasus, too.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Disinterested posted:

if you didn't have a scientific explanation for these it would be weird to not reach for a religious one imo

Tornadochasers are bonkers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Disinterested posted:

This actually looks really fun and much less boring than the film Twister made it out to be.

• Locked thread