Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

SUPPORT NEWS

that stupid dialogue method is the only thing I don't like about Fallout 4 though, I enjoyed the rest of it :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

CrashCat posted:

SUPPORT NEWS

that stupid dialogue method is the only thing I don't like about Fallout 4 though, I enjoyed the rest of it :smith:

A goon put out a mod like a week after launch that let you actually read the full text of the dialogue options and it's super slick. Installed ASAP and never looked back.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

goddammit

HATE BETHESDA

I'll play FO4 eventually but I'm not exactly rarin' to do it like I was with New Vegas

in fact I'll probably do another run of NV before I ever buy this so I'll have a good comparison

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I liked DXHR's compromise of having the bullet points and mousing over them told you the full text.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Monkey Fracas posted:

goddammit

HATE BETHESDA

I'll play FO4 eventually but I'm not exactly rarin' to do it like I was with New Vegas

in fact I'll probably do another run of NV before I ever buy this so I'll have a good comparison

Yea the story of the game was so good!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It's not high art but I had fun with the game anyway

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I think for me it just got old faster than New Vegas ever could, because quests could go so many different ways in NV and I wanted to see them all. I couldn't really muster up a reason to play FO4 again, in comparison.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I never got into new Vegas because one of the opening busywork fetch quests glitched and I spent hours trying to complete it before quitting.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FcM-VBTViU&t=3132s

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

lol is he running it on a 486

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Cool slideshow

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Propaganda Hour posted:

A goon put out a mod like a week after launch that let you actually read the full text of the dialogue options and it's super slick. Installed ASAP and never looked back.
Yeah and I got it as a gift... on PS4 :saddowns:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Fallout NV had this cool thing called "multiple endings".

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

NV also had "talented writers"

I enjoyed FO4 for all the wrong reasons, and feel genuinely bad for anyone who legit paid 60 bux and then beelined the story.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The first, like, five hours in NV are pretty linear though, I mean you can sequence break but it takes serious save scumming

I don't why I'm defending Bethesda's honour

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jon Do posted:

NV also had "talented writers"

I enjoyed FO4 for all the wrong reasons, and feel genuinely bad for anyone who legit paid 60 bux and then beelined the story.

if you enjoyed it, they probably weren't wrong reasons my man

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Unless he meant "I installed every nude mod and prostitution mod and masturbated furiously" which I would argue is a wrong reason

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i trust jon do

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Ilustforponydeath posted:

CSI: Hard evidence

I don't think enough people realize that playing MGS4 after the initial stage is like watching mr. Hideo Games masturbate and cum all over himself repeatedly.
People said that he "needed an editor" after the game came out, truth be told he needed a loving bullet.

Everyone who writes like this in Games needs to be exterminated I am pretty sure.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Ater seeing the settlement system, I figured at some point it would be modded to have a point so I got really into that in a weird way. I set up over 20 settlements to be arpee ready for defense, habitable and clean, with lights etc, though I didn't go anal on making it look like real assets. I enjoyed playing the General, and all the scrap I needed for settlements gave me a reason to do Minutemen missions.

Just hoping a mod makes it worth a second playthrough, in sheer scifi Institute type "bring back civilization" type poo poo. Figured they'd do a DLC that finishes the settlement system. I will settle for 8 million props, huge raids, and an actual reason/incentive, modded or DLC... especially if I can find an Arsenal Overhaul-esque weapon revamp that takes advantage of the weapon crafting in a more realistic way.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Tenzarin posted:

Fallout NV had this cool thing called "multiple endings".

There's only one ending: the game ends and you have to load an older save or start over.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Ilustforponydeath posted:

CSI: Hard evidence

I don't think enough people realize that playing MGS4 after the initial stage is like watching mr. Hideo Games masturbate and cum all over himself repeatedly.
People said that he "needed an editor" after the game came out, truth be told he needed a loving bullet.

Source your quotes.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Guy Mann posted:

There's only one ending: the game ends and you have to load an older save or start over.

Don't be mad that Fallout NV had infinity endings taking 10 minutes to wrap everything up when Fallout 4 had 2 ending that were the same exact 30s video. LOL THANKS FOR PLAYING FOR 50 HOURS, BUY THE SEASON PASS.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

FFX/X-2 HD remaster is selling ahead of D04M on Steam right now, an impossibly funny scenario that 2016 has made possible.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

exquisite tea posted:

FFX/X-2 HD remaster is selling ahead of D04M on Steam right now, an impossibly funny scenario that 2016 has made possible.

That's sad, that's one of the worst FF.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's the best, actually (both of them).

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Jon Do posted:

Ater seeing the settlement system, I figured at some point it would be modded to have a point so I got really into that in a weird way. I set up over 20 settlements to be arpee ready for defense, habitable and clean, with lights etc, though I didn't go anal on making it look like real assets. I enjoyed playing the General, and all the scrap I needed for settlements gave me a reason to do Minutemen missions.
So how did you feel after you realized every town was better as a water treatment plant with a cannon on the side

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Tenzarin posted:

That's sad, that's one of the worst FF.

Didn't we just have this discussion in the last thread? I distinctly remember that we unanimously agreed that every FF is the worst FF, and each of our favorites is probably just whichever one we have the fondest memories of.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

CrashCat posted:

So how did you feel after you realized every town was better as a water treatment plant with a cannon on the side
filthy loving rich and empty inside.

then i started making nicer houses for my settlers. had intended to upgrade them all to combat armor, but felt i'd need a mod b/c effort.

trading thousands of litres of valuable clean water for all the ammo and power cores in every town did make me feel good. like i'd have been locking out competitive organizations and distributing clean water instead of death. e: well, in addition to

JainDoh fucked around with this message at 01:47 on May 13, 2016

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uM5h7JHe8M

here is one with better framrate.

I am one of the fools who preordered this game on PSN. i might not be complete poo poo. might even be ok or good with a proper day 1 patch(s)

i like the idea of not-apple run North korea invading the US because president McCain(he won in this reality) hosed up a bunch with super wars in the middle east.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I played Doom 3 and it's not very good. It's a little bit bland because the formula is almost entirely "walk down a hallway, a random scary thing happens, demons come from in front of and also behind you. Sometimes the hallway is square shaped." I am going back to Chex Quest.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

CJacobs posted:

I played Dark Souls 3 and it's not very good. It's a little bit bland because the formula is almost entirely "walk down a hallway, a random scary thing happens, demons come from in front of and also behind you. Sometimes the hallway is square shaped." I am going back to Chex Quest.

I know right, cobber!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

I know right, cobber!

Ok I'm starting to see what people mean about your terrible gimmick.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

codenameFANGIO posted:

Ok I'm starting to see what people mean about your terrible gimmick.

I didn't even read his qoute, i can't believe how perfectly it fit into it! doom is about to unlock for me Mate!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
hello friends

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Sup. I'm playing Chex Quest

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Kangaroos loose in the top paddock.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

hello friends

Hello.

I got back into FFXIV so I'll be playing that this weekend. Also hoping to start Bravely Second this as well finally.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

I didn't even read his qoute, i can't believe how perfectly it fit into it! doom is about to unlock for me Mate!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhhmuPKe6w4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
hahaha what do you mean hahahahaha im just sayin things here im rollin with the punches ha

• Locked thread