Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

X-O posted:

Wentworth Miller is no longer a regular on Legends of Tomorrow. There goes literally the only reason to ever watch that show.

I'm like two episodes behind, is this a spoiler for the season or information about season 2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

howe_sam posted:

I'm like two episodes behind, is this a spoiler for the season or information about season 2?

I'd imagine it is more about next season, even though I didn't watch this week, mostly because the show has to be almost over by now for the season, and he is supposed to be doing another Prison Break thing with Fox next season?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

howe_sam posted:

Spoiler for the season.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

howe_sam posted:

It's just casting news, I've also not seen last week's or this week's episodes.

ToastyPotato posted:

I'd imagine it is more about next season, even though I didn't watch this week, mostly because the show has to be almost over by now for the season, and he is supposed to be doing another Prison Break thing with Fox next season?

That's a limited series, he could have done both probably. Also the news says he'll still be on the show, but not as a regular.

X-O fucked around with this message at 03:29 on May 13, 2016

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
If Wentworth is out as a regular, Dominic Purcell probably isn't far behind considering Wentworth was the one who got him to be Heatwave in the first place. That leaves... Stein and White Canary as the only watchable regulars left. Bring back Hawkman and LoT officially becomes the worst DC show as soon as Cold dies/leaves.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

X-O posted:

It's just casting news, I've also not seen last week's or this week's episodes.

That's a limited series, he could have done both probably. Also the news says he'll still be on the show, but not as a regular.

It seems that he has a regular contract for the entire arrowverse. He will be in season 2 but also in flash and maybe arrow and supergirl.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Well if the rumors of Berlanti and co getting to helm a Booster Gold movie are true, then any chance of salvaging the show is diminishing. Last week was a new low for the show and I didn't even feel like watching this week. They need to shake up the creative team for season 2 big time.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Yeah, Legends has never quite congealed properly. It would be interesting if it was deliberately Rip Hunter and his band of screw-ups raging against the immutable current of history, but I can't shake the feeling that's not what the show is going for.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Didn't they spend an entire episode murderizing someone who had been sent to STOP them from constantly screwing up history?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

X-O posted:

Every character going to look like Red Tornado now.

Not even the worst CW costume was as bad as Red Tornado.

Even the Bee Golem.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Red Tornado was inexcusably bad, and easily rivals the worst costumes of Smallville. Lash from AOS isn't too far behind though.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

ToastyPotato posted:

Red Tornado was inexcusably bad, and easily rivals the worst costumes of Smallville. Lash from AOS isn't too far behind though.

I never get over Lash gaining leather wrist bands every time he transformed. What the hell

Also, I stopping watching LoT after the one-armed Ollie episode. Does it ever get fun?

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

omg chael crash posted:

I never get over Lash gaining leather wrist bands every time he transformed. What the hell

Also, I stopping watching LoT after the one-armed Ollie episode. Does it ever get fun?

It got worse. More future/Rip Hunter's family stuff, more Hawkgirl being :swoon:IN TRUE LOVE:swoon: with Hawkman despite him being dead, less sassy Cold and his sassy friends. The show seems committed to messing up the very simple formula of "have our heroes travel to various historical times/places and wear funny costumes" and instead is dueling banjos between Rip Hunter's boring melodrama and Hawkgirl's slightly more boring melodrama. There were two fun episodes I recall: one where they go to the 60s and one where they go to South Dakota in the 1800s. Those were good picks and were fun. The rest heavily features Rip's future/family plotline and Hawkgirl's Hawkman plotline.

burnishedfume fucked around with this message at 05:23 on May 13, 2016

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

X-O posted:

Wentworth Miller is no longer a regular on Legends of Tomorrow. There goes literally the only reason to ever watch that show.

It's still got Caity Lotz, who I will watch in anything.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

twistedmentat posted:

Hey Bob what are you doing?
Seems this guy has Green Hulk insurance, but his car was wrecked by the Red HulkLuke Cage.
He should have gotten the Sweet Christmas plan
*canned laughter*

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DrProsek posted:

If Wentworth is out as a regular, Dominic Purcell probably isn't far behind considering Wentworth was the one who got him to be Heatwave in the first place. That leaves... Stein and White Canary as the only watchable regulars left. Bring back Hawkman and LoT officially becomes the worst DC show as soon as Cold dies/leaves.

Just Stein for most people then.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Was last night any good? I read what happened, but was it good, relatively good, or just bad as usual?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

ToastyPotato posted:

Was last night any good? I read what happened, but was it good, relatively good, or just bad as usual?

Rip decided that saving his family was more important than preventing humanity's extinction in 10 years because gently caress you

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Show would have been good if the twist for the season was that Rip was also an irredeemable villain. The concept of two villains going at it across time and dragging a team of heroes between them would have been fun and interesting.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

It seems that he has a regular contract for the entire arrowverse. He will be in season 2 but also in flash and maybe arrow and supergirl.

Yeah I like this idea better, I would rather he makes these other shows better than make LoT watchable. I am going to watch Flash no matter what, I can just stop watching LoT. Also he is a drat Flash character and the best villain.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Just Stein for most people then.

What no, Stein is the worst (well, okay, worst except for the Hawks... and Rip... and the list goes on). Every Stein plot on the show basically goes "complain to other characters about how they can't change the timeline on the mission entirely about changing the timeline" --> have one moment with a local denizen of that era --> change on a dime and decide that this era must be saved/changed. Granted, Palmer is the same way but Routh is a better actor to me. Also he keeps whining about how they can't kill but the entire mission is about murdering Savage.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Coming from head writer of the two DCEU movies to a SyFy near you!

Ugh.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Can't be any worse then what Flash and Arrow have become.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Someone at DC is trying to destroy the superhero fad.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

TwoPair posted:

What no, Stein is the worst (well, okay, worst except for the Hawks... and Rip... and the list goes on). Every Stein plot on the show basically goes "complain to other characters about how they can't change the timeline on the mission entirely about changing the timeline" --> have one moment with a local denizen of that era --> change on a dime and decide that this era must be saved/changed. Granted, Palmer is the same way but Routh is a better actor to me. Also he keeps whining about how they can't kill but the entire mission is about murdering Savage.

I will also accept that nobody is likeable on it.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

I will also accept that nobody is likeable on it.

This. The show should be cancelled.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I still like Arrow, but Legends is terrible and I stopped watching Flash a few months ago. Krypton probably won't even get a one episode watch from me unless the trailer looks really good.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Someone at DC is trying to destroy the superhero fad.

"Guys if we destroy other forms of media, people will read our comics again!"

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Toxxupation posted:

Coming from head writer of the two DCEU movies to a SyFy near you!

Ugh.
Looks like it's going to end well for everybody.

Also, this is poorly branded as a SyFy property. It should be called something like

KRYPTON: 10.5 MEGAQUAKE
or
KRYPTON: DEATHQUAKE VS ALIEN BLOODSPIDERS

redbackground fucked around with this message at 20:10 on May 13, 2016

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

X-O posted:

I still like Arrow, but Legends is terrible and I stopped watching Flash a few months ago. Krypton probably won't even get a one episode watch from me unless the trailer looks really good.

I still watch all 3 and like them. I'm just know they're really really really bad shows.

I'm sure episode one of Krypton will be decent, because it'll be the one they dump a bunch of extra money into to try and get everyone hooked. The show, from what I've read, is supposed to take place like 200 years prior to MoS, so there could be some could stories to tell in there, but the current crop of superhero shoes (AoS included) don't give me a ton to be hopeful about.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I do wonder if this'll be in DCEU canon, considering it's been created by one of the major creative forces behind the two movies in the series so far, they have no TV shows in the DCEU canon, and I assume DC/WB desperately wants to play catchup in the television field as well. It's just...what a horrible project to pick as the first one, at a bargain-basement budget, about a centrally dull premise. I'd argue a miniseries about The Decline and Fall of the Kryptonian Empire could actually work, and work super compellingly, and avoids a whole bunch of budgetary issues, but an ongoing series? No thank you.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Toxxupation posted:

I do wonder if this'll be in DCEU canon, considering it's been created by one of the major creative forces behind the two movies in the series so far, they have no TV shows in the DCEU canon, and I assume DC/WB desperately wants to play catchup in the television field as well. It's just...what a horrible project to pick as the first one, at a bargain-basement budget, about a centrally dull premise. I'd argue a miniseries about The Decline and Fall of the Kryptonian Empire could actually work, and work super compellingly, and avoids a whole bunch of budgetary issues, but an ongoing series? No thank you.

Goyer as stated its a prequel to MoS, which is odd given DC's stance on TV not mixing with Movies.

e: And I completely agree on it being a better premise for a miniseries over an ongoing serial.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Well with the first project landing on loving SyFy they sure are making sure to taint it all the further. Seriously what a loving trainwreck of a bad idea.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Toxxupation posted:

Well with the first project landing on loving SyFy they sure are making sure to taint it all the further. Seriously what a loving trainwreck of a bad idea.

Syfy had some good shows. Battlestar, Being Human, Haven, Killjoys. Idk about the others.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Toxxupation posted:

Actually SyFy has been putting out some decent television lately. Z Nation, 12 Monkeys (haven't watched it though), The Expanse, and I've been hearing decent things about Hunters.

Also found a source on the Goyer saying it's tied to MoS:

"It takes place 200 years before Man of Steel," Goyer said at a press junket for Da Vinci’s Demons (via Comicbook). "We're treating Krypton like it's a historical piece. We look to previous cultures on Earth to model what that would be like."

http://comicbook.com/2015/10/22/david-goyer-says-krypton-takes-place-200-years-before-man-of-ste/

e: Syfy also did Ascension and Childhood's End which were pretty good.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 20:29 on May 13, 2016

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

It takes place so far before MoS that it basically will have nothing to do with it outside of coy references here and there. It is basically technically in continuity because they are saying it is, not because they will ever actually demonstrate it.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Ok so Supergirl moving to CW means we might get to see Ronnie Raymond die for the third time.

I like this change.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
They won't even have the budget for those liquid metal things, so what's the point?

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Does the CW have to pay the ridiculous 3 mill an episode licensing fee?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

SirDan3k posted:

Does the CW have to pay the ridiculous 3 mill an episode licensing fee?
That's the entire pricetag per episode and also a lesson in what happens to stories that get re-blogged across a dozen websites without people thinking about what they're writing