Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Mick. :woop: :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Well poo poo

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

Everyone take turns on being the hero.

Loser_Rex
Apr 14, 2006

Spidercock? Here?
I was really anticipating Snart freezing Mick's hand in place and just regrowing it on the ship.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Magneto Rex posted:

I was really anticipating Snart freezing Mick's hand in place and just regrowing it on the ship.

I thought the same thing.

Why couldn't it be Carter. :cry:

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

I really enjoyed this episode, but jeez. Are everyone's weapons set to stun or something? That one time master was incapacitated three times (one by a ship cannon) and kept coming back.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
Spoilers, I guess, depending on how you look at it, but this is super interesting:

https://deadline.com/2016/05/legends-of-tomorrow-wentworth-miller-exits-regular-berlanti-universe-1201751213/

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

lol Rip you are a piece of poo poo. Don't tell anyone that stopping Savage will lead to humanity's extinction in 10 years. Then again Rip didn't give a gently caress about Vandal Savage and his conquest of the world until his family died, so he's a consistent piece of poo poo.

The CW curse strikes again. Sara and Snart can't just be pals. They gotta get romantic! :rip: Mayor Snart

Was one of the captains that tried to chase the Waverider Claudia Black?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 02:51 on May 13, 2016

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Loved all the action and the high stakes.

But why couldn't these genius superheroes just jam a gun or Ray's helmet against the button in the Oculus to keep it pressed down.

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

Binary Logic posted:

But why couldn't these genius superheroes just jam a gun or Ray's helmet against the button in the Oculus to keep it pressed down.

If only they could have froze it in place somehow, oh well.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx
Next week:

"You're right, Leonard. I'm not your sister...I'm the Coldforce."

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
He was in an explosion on a time base, so he could theoretically end up anywhere.

Maybe a guest villain on Supergirl now that she's CW-bound? His snark bouncing off her niceness would be fun.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
But the future refused to change :smith:

Also out of all the amazing stuff that happened, Kendra's near-deranged laughter at Savage when his entire plan goes tits-up was probably the best. :shobon:

Also also, I like how they're literally keeping Carter offscreen as much as they can. Last time he was brainwashed, then knocked out, then he was put in stasis. I really hope the final episode has them just going "REMEMBER WHEN CARTER DID THAT THING DURING OUR FIGHT" and everyone nods sagely and he never appears on any television media ever again.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx
So we're just not gonna talk about how the alien invaders are Thanagarians, huh? You know, the planet Hawkman/girl are from in the comics?

(Also, if we see them invade, I will be SORELY disappointed if they don't have Snare-Beasts.)

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Hermetic posted:

So we're just not gonna talk about how the alien invaders are Thanagarians, huh? You know, the planet Hawkman/girl are from in the comics?

Nah, Rip gotta save his family. gently caress humanity.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Hermetic posted:

(Also, if we see them invade, I will be SORELY disappointed if they don't have Snare-Beasts.)

Season 2

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

"There aren't any strings on me."

Man what a great great never-used-before-in-a-superhero-feature line EVER.

:rolleyes:

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
So am I the only one who really enjoyed this episode?

I mean, I can empirically see that these clumsy writers are trying their hand at concepts far too profound for their feeble skills to handle, but it was all still kinda cool.

Like...holy dicks, did they just come up with an in-story explanation for the team being colossal fuckups who can't ever make good decisions? It was because they Time Masters were....???....?..controlling them?.....all along!........??

It's such ridiculous bullshit but I like it.

And yeah I hope we get to see a Thanagarian invasion.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I expect the Thanagarian invasion to be completely forgotten about and never brought up again. I am disappointed about the lack of Snart for the rest of the season, but confirmation of his continued appearances is good. The fact that some of the cast is remaining does not make me hopeful however as it implies we might not see much of them outside of this show and it includes the possibility of one or both of the hawks or Rip continuing to appear.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Can the CW stop justifying the use of roofies? Please? Not the best message to be sending, show.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
poo poo is gonna get

Starcrossed

in season 2

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

I expect the Thanagarian invasion to be completely forgotten about and never brought up again.

Seems like a clear setup for season 2 if there is one.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

That was a good episode. Stakes made sense, characters didn't act like idiots, poo poo actually happened.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

FactsAreUseless posted:

That was a good episode. Stakes made sense, characters didn't act like idiots, poo poo actually happened.

I also love how subtle they were about the oracle's control.

They escape the Time Masters, knowing that the moment they do, they're under the Oracle's control. They then immediately hatch a plan that involves going straight back to the Time Masters' base, and it's basically the only plan they've had all season that garners a unanimous decision.

I mean, it worked out in their favor and all, but it still cracked me up.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

BrianWilly posted:

I mean, I can empirically see that these clumsy writers are trying their hand at concepts far too profound for their feeble skills to handle, but it was all still kinda cool.

Like...holy dicks, did they just come up with an in-story explanation for the team being colossal fuckups who can't ever make good decisions? It was because they Time Masters were....???....?..controlling them?.....all along!........??

It's such ridiculous bullshit but I like it.

And yeah I hope we get to see a Thanagarian invasion.
It was a great episode. The first 30 minutes featured so much action I didn't realize there was still another half hour to go.
And yeah it was amazing that after all our complaints, the explanation for LoT being so bad at stopping Savage wrapped it up and explained it all.

Since the DC TV universe is completely separate from the movies, a Thanagarian invasion could be a cross-series CW event and involve the Flash, Supergirl and Green Arrow teaming up with LoT.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 13:37 on May 13, 2016

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

The CW curse strikes again. Sara and Snart can't just be pals. They gotta get romantic! :rip: Mayor Snart

At least the Snart and Sara stuff felt at least marginally earned, unlike the Ray/Kendra "this is love because we say so, okay?!" crap.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
In the first episode Sara was practically like "hey Snart wanna gently caress?" And he was like "nah, maybe later"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Ray/Kendra thing is a shame because it's a really interesting idea for a time travel story. In the middle of their adventure, two characters took a two-year detour in which they fell in love, married, and had a life together. To everyone else it's like it never happened, so they have to figure out how to deal with it. That's a cool idea. Unfortunately, the fact that it all happened off-screen means we never really get a sense as viewers that it means anything, and the writing in this isn't good enough to pull it off.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

FactsAreUseless posted:

The Ray/Kendra thing is a shame because it's a really interesting idea for a time travel story. In the middle of their adventure, two characters took a two-year detour in which they fell in love, married, and had a life together. To everyone else it's like it never happened, so they have to figure out how to deal with it. That's a cool idea. Unfortunately, the fact that it all happened off-screen means we never really get a sense as viewers that it means anything, and the writing in this isn't good enough to pull it off.

Farscape did a similar thing on a much longer timescale and it came across pretty decently (though much more hilariously as Ben Browder reverted to a southern accent for his old man scenes).

If CW had one writer who could write scenes of the quality of any Harvey scene from Farscape they wouldn't be in this mess really.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Party Plane Jones posted:

Farscape did a similar thing on a much longer timescale and it came across pretty decently (though much more hilariously as Ben Browder reverted to a southern accent for his old man scenes).
Farscape is basically this show but better, so that makes sense.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice

BrianWilly posted:

No, I loved it. It was far and away the best episode of the season, kicked all sorts of rear end, had good character moments, and wasn't full of pants on head plans.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Fighting Trousers posted:

At least the Snart and Sara stuff felt at least marginally earned, unlike the Ray/Kendra "this is love because we say so, okay?!" crap.

That's probably because Sara and Snart have chemistry and seem relatively similar in more than they type of stuff they have in their Netflix queue. Even if Sara didn't feel the same way about Snart (I guess she's Bi until explicitly told otherwise), they've had all sorts of character bonding moments throughout the season that's really only rivaled by Ray and Mick

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Chokes McGee posted:

Also out of all the amazing stuff that happened, Kendra's near-deranged laughter at Savage when his entire plan goes tits-up was probably the best. :shobon:

Hermetic posted:

So we're just not gonna talk about how the alien invaders are Thanagarians, huh?

DoctorWhat posted:

poo poo is gonna get

Starcrossed

in season 2

Binary Logic posted:

Since the DC TV universe is completely separate from the movies, a Thanagarian invasion could be a cross-series CW event and involve the Flash, Supergirl and Green Arrow teaming up with LoT.

pls do this

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Please no Thanagarian invasion. We need less hawks and hawk related things since it's clear they can't be trusted with it.

I'd love to see some Cosmic DC, but I imagine that's way over budget for The CW, even they use some of the lower sfx characters like Adam Strange, Brainiac (Vril Dox), Lobo, and even Starfire (since they can just reuse the Firestorm SFX)

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
So the reason the team was so consistently dumb all season was that the Time Masters were pulling the strings?

Also, please don't use the device that can see and manipulate all of time to just gank Savage in Egyptian times, saving everyone a lot of trouble, then use it to find a different solution to the alien invasion. Blow it up for maximum vengence.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

OB_Juan posted:

So the reason the team was so consistently dumb all season was that the Time Masters were pulling the strings?

Also, please don't use the device that can see and manipulate all of time to just gank Savage in Egyptian times, saving everyone a lot of trouble, then use it to find a different solution to the alien invasion. Blow it up for maximum vengence.

Yeah, their whole spiel about "the only way we stopped the invasion was because Savage united the world under one ruler, which we helped orchestrate" really falls apart when they LITERALLY HAVE THE SCRIPT OF THE SHOW AND A PEN. Apparently, writing history to make the birdpeople go away WITHOUT creating an immortal hitler and causing mass genocide is too hard.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I enjoyed the hell out of the episode, but I'm also very bummed that we're losing Snart even if he is going to be a guest star.

I can see why Wentworth Miller wouldn't want to be locked into the role, but drat, am I going to miss his sarcasm.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

He is sarcastic in Prison Break too, so you can catch him in that when it returns.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

Please no Thanagarian invasion. We need less hawks and hawk related things since it's clear they can't be trusted with it.

I'd love to see some Cosmic DC, but I imagine that's way over budget for The CW, even they use some of the lower sfx characters like Adam Strange, Brainiac (Vril Dox), Lobo, and even Starfire (since they can just reuse the Firestorm SFX)

A planet of Carters all primed to invade Earth, only for them to get stabbed by Vandal Savage. His character is redeemed, turns out the Time Council was right all along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Snart dying loving sucks especially because they used a line that was used to much better effect in Age of Ultron.

Other than that, I enjoyed the episode because it was just action and fun character interactions (Roy and Mick eating desserts). Hopefully season 2 will have White Canary leading the team. Maybe the Waverider can even get a salmon ladder since it was dropped by its main team.

• Locked thread