Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I loved Test Drive Unlimited 2 and the concept of a cross-country iteration of that idea sounded really fun, but then I tried the demo and every car offered felt like I was driving a shopping cart and I couldn't stomach it anymore. It actually pisses me off quite a bit because I see the game on sale a bunch and think "Maybe now I should get it!" only to remember how hard the demo turned me off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Policenaut posted:

I loved Test Drive Unlimited 2 and the concept of a cross-country iteration of that idea sounded really fun, but then I tried the demo and every car offered felt like I was driving a shopping cart and I couldn't stomach it anymore. It actually pisses me off quite a bit because I see the game on sale a bunch and think "Maybe now I should get it!" only to remember how hard the demo turned me off.

I'm exactly the same. I wanted so much to love The Crew so badly, but it's pretty awful.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

barren_sky posted:

I'm exactly the same. I wanted so much to love The Crew so badly, but it's pretty awful.

Seems to be the standard for new "AAA" Ubisoft IPs.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Policenaut posted:

I've never played it, so I'm likely wrong, but isn't The Crew kind of like an RPG in the sense that you have to upgrade your cars and driving abilities over the course of the game, including handling, etc. I mean obviously that is a loving retarded mechanic for a driving game, but maybe the demo isn't a fully accurate picture?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Trophies for Wild Arms 3 just showed up, so that's probably the next PS2 classic release. Also Kinetica, but who cares.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG0vrYxBWLY

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
The ESRB rated WA3 almost half a year ago. Good to see we won't have to wait much longer.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I hope it shows up for the EU soon, the PAL disc is pretty expensive.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Crew is basically a MMORPG, and I loved it. I didn't think the controls were horrendous at all, and if you played driver San Francisco it controls the exact same way. it really is just a Driver San Fran 2

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Abu Dave posted:

The Crew is basically a MMORPG, and I loved it. I didn't think the controls were horrendous at all, and if you played driver San Francisco it controls the exact same way. it really is just a Driver San Fran 2

Yeah I've sunk two hours in and it's not that horrible. That prologue truck driving is awful but it gets better from there.

You can do coop in the racing pve events (I think it literally says pve in game) and coop stunt stuff with a crew.

Anyone wanna bounce with a crew in the crew? Add IneffiableFx and I'll play with you.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

According to the PlayStation Blogcast, Wild ARMs 3 drops May 17th.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Saoshyant posted:

Trophies for Wild Arms 3 just showed up, so that's probably the next PS2 classic release. Also Kinetica, but who cares.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG0vrYxBWLY

Yesssssss

Also, thank god there's no trophy for killing Arioch. What a lovely sidequest.

edit: wait, you don't have to defeat Arioch for any of those other ones, like getting all the Migrant Seals or all the books or something, right? I don't even remember what that horrible sidequest gives you

Hamsterlady fucked around with this message at 04:12 on May 13, 2016

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
I picked up Rayman Legends. I've heard people rave about this game, now I see why.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Watrick posted:

I picked up Rayman Legends. I've heard people rave about this game, now I see why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV-w6crl3-c&t=18s

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Like the only problem with Rayman Legends is that the music levels are so good that you just sort of get annoyed there aren't like twice as many of them.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

kirbysuperstar posted:

I hope it shows up for the EU soon, the PAL disc is pretty expensive.

:woop: Time to sell my copy

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Don't click that link if you've already bought Rayman. It's such a nice surprise when you eventually get to it that you'll be sorry it was spoiled for you by a Youtube video of the whole, amazing level.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

barren_sky posted:

Don't click that link if you've already bought Rayman. It's such a nice surprise when you eventually get to it that you'll be sorry it was spoiled for you by a Youtube video of the whole, amazing level.

Seconding this. It was magical. I absolutely loved the last one. It's so wel done. I still replay rayman legends now and then again just for the last level. And sometimes the weekly challenges.
Are there plans to create a new rayman game?
Origins and legends were amazing.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sefal posted:

Seconding this. It was magical. I absolutely loved the last one. It's so wel done. I still replay rayman legends now and then again just for the last level. And sometimes the weekly challenges.
Are there plans to create a new rayman game?
Origins and legends were amazing.

Ubi treats it like a mobile title now. The newest is on phone

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

I loved Origins, but was on the fence about basically just buying Origins again, because I didn't think anything would top the Tricky Treasure levels. Seeing this convinced me 100%.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

SpacePig posted:

I loved Origins, but was on the fence about basically just buying Origins again, because I didn't think anything would top the Tricky Treasure levels. Seeing this convinced me 100%.

Origins is really good, obviously, but Legends is also really loving good. It's totally worth playing through both.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Legends is awesome, and was the first couch co-op I picked up that my girlfriend really got into, and obv it's a blast single-player.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Agrias120 posted:

Origins is really good, obviously, but Legends is also really loving good. It's totally worth playing through both.

Oh, I meant was on the fence in the past. I bought it day one and loved the hell out of it.

Everyone please get the Rayman games.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Rayman Legends has a lot of unlockable levels from Origins. Not sure if they're all in there, but there are a bunch. Such great value.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Is there anyway at all to search for just PS1 or PS2 games on the store now?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

PS1 games and PS2 games on PS3 only are called "Classics" and you can see them all (and filter from there) here in North America: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ca/classics/cid=STORE-MSF77008-CLASSICS
There's a separate "PS2 on PS4" section under PS4.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

They have their own section in the sidebar of the games page but idk if you can search it might be browse only. Wikipedia has a nearly correct list if you just want to check whats there.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Thanks, sorry should have specified the EU store, for some reason the separate PS1/2 classics section has been gone for years here. Guess I'll check the list in Wikipedia.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Shadow of the Beast gonna be any good? We know?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
No, we do not

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Feenix posted:

Shadow of the Beast gonna be any good? We know?

It honestly looks sort of plain and boring, but I was a big fan of the original as a kid, so I'll probably end up getting it anyway.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

enojy posted:

It honestly looks sort of plain and boring, but I was a big fan of the original as a kid, so I'll probably end up getting it anyway.

:same:

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

enojy posted:

It helps that you can unlock the original in the new one. I think they even said you can replace the new soundtrack with the original's too after unlocking it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Azubah posted:

It helps that you can unlock the original in the new one. I think they even said you can replace the new soundtrack with the original's too after unlocking it.

that sweet atari music

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Azubah posted:

Oh wait you can? gently caress, day one purchase.

I hope there isn't a trophy for beating it though....

Real hurthling! posted:

that sweet atari music

Original Amiga version was better.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

By original I mean Amiga.

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/shadow_of_the_beast/news/shadow_of_the_beast_ps4_also_includes_the_original_amiga_game.html

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX2_G2RwRy8

Even with infinite lives it's not 100% easy since there's ways of screwing yourself over and making the game unwinable.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Sakurazuka posted:

Even with infinite lives it's not 100% easy since there's ways of screwing yourself over and making the game unwinable.

Yeeeup, it's an Amiga game through and through.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
When did they change the store URL from store.sonyentertainment.com to the much less annoying to type store.playstation.com

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hamsterlady posted:

When did they change the store URL from store.sonyentertainment.com to the much less annoying to type store.playstation.com

Years ago. Before i started using it in 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx

Hamsterlady posted:

Around the time the PS4 came out

• Locked thread