Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Kalenn Istarion posted:

So I noticed today that since May 5 there has been a ridiculous number of new players created. Is there some sale or new promotion going on that I didn't see? If I'm reading the chart right, we just had our highest single day ever of new player creations:

http://eve-offline.net/?server=tranquility

There was a free weekend on Steam that was kinda-sorted promoted (not well), and I guess the prospect of playing 'free' for 3 days is somehow more drawing than playing 'free' for 21 days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

CommonShore posted:

Nope. I basically got to see him get thrown out, in real time.

Huh, completely forgot about that. My mistake.

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

SperginMcBadposter posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4j34zi/stunt_flores_joins_the_good_guys/

How did he leave gsf the first time around? I only know him by his stratios gimmick.

Stunt is such a baka~

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Key to not getting ganked by Stunt is to name your ship after something in anime. Don't ask me how I know

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

key to not getting ganked by stunt is to not jump ship just to keep on ratting

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
http://i.imgur.com/V8pWmcl.webm

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

TRAP HOUSE MOUSE posted:

Sorry - cravius. Clavicus. Whatever. My bad, homie -- I'm a lowly j4g pubbie after all so I'm not great with names on the cool kids forum. Except there is that little detail of how I J'd after I G'd, and there is a precedent for registering different SA accounts over the years, but let's not get caught up in the small stuff. I'm really not interested in having a dick measuring contest about who is the gooniest goon. That's stupid and you calling people who care about their alliance "j4g's" is really loving divisive and short-sighted given the climate.

Dumbass.

Oh and there was that whole trying to play it straight in this thread, something I very rarely attempt to do because we're talking about a video game. Yeah that's out too - I'm done with trying to have reasonable discourse among adults here because it's not working since the stupidity seems to have taken over and this thread is not indicative of the high level of posting you usually see on SA - it's an outlier of a a few good posters (Flanders helping people with fits, etc.) So I guess I'm just gonna have to bring Vatomania to the loving SA thread now in order to make it even remotely entertaining and not a giant boring circlejerk.

You brought this on yourselves.

What the gently caress kind of drugs are you on?

TRAP HOUSE MOUSE posted:

We avatared each other, and I really do think he is a poo poo-tier no content poster.

For once I could use the ironicat smilie and I don't have it handy. God damnit!

vyst posted:

Everyone's a lovely poster

What Vyst said.

TRAP HOUSE MOUSE posted:

Hey that's nice. I get to be an unperson AND "worse than xenuria" as well. at any rate none of this is fun anymore so adieu -- I'm going to go post on SAS or AI or something and just put the game out of my mind. Following my own advice, I'll do so quietly. Be easy, goonfriends.

Seriously Paco, when is your reddit AMA?

Dalael fucked around with this message at 02:39 on May 13, 2016

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
x if baka

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

x

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

VideoGames posted:

Please friends. Enjoy this game.

All is right with the world.

Asteroid belts in high sec look a lot more dense than I remember.
It used to be just a bunch of big asteroids and once you mined those out everything was empty.
The game became so much prettier since i left high sec.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

So either Stunt was fine the whole time and your alliance really do mass abuse the report system for in game gain without a second thought, or you're okay with taking on an actual pedophile so long as he's good at internet spaceships.
Which one is it?

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

So either Stunt was fine the whole time and your alliance really do mass abuse the report system for in game gain without a second thought, or you're okay with taking on an actual pedophile so long as he's good at internet spaceships.
Which one is it?

He got banned for something ridiculously dumb, not because he was reported. Telling someone out of game what a GM said, wasn't it?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Which one is it?

nice repost of a reddit comment m8

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4j34zi/stunt_flores_joins_the_good_guys/d33fsuy

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
My streak of "ops where groons kill poo poo but nobody needs healing" was broken woohoo

T2 logi frigates are kind of fun. Am I supposed to orbit what the enemy is shooting at like some kind of reverse newbie tackle? The falloff change to remote reps seems to be a big deal; reps kept breaking on anyone more than about 10km away from me.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
What's the deal with Groon? What happened for them to now be our bitter exes?

maporfic
Dec 11, 2015

War Eagle posted:

I think it's worth it. Despite what reading the posts in this thread might make you think, EVE is actually a neat game. Or rather, EVE is a neat game if you play with a group of people you like. There are a handful of options in the OP, but I'd steer you towards either Goonswarm or KarmaFleet. Don't make the mistake of trying to play by yourself for a while to get the hang of the game, that usually doesn't work very well. (VideoGames posts notwithstanding.) Get into Goons or KarmaFleet and start playing with other folks.

Goonswarm thread with joining information: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3773673

Karmafleet information (I think. Someone correct me if I'm wrong): https://www.reddit.com/r/Karmafleet/comments/3k3mgt/everything_you_need_to_know_about_karmafleet_new/

The deed is done, I'm apped up. Left the urine sample in the cubby, stool sample is in the bucket, 7 vials of blood extracted and the guy with the rubber glove was surprisingly gentle.

Ready to lose my soul a little at a time to this terrible game.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

x

maporfic
Dec 11, 2015
Ps. Opted for goonwaffe. Nothing against KarmaFleet, but I can't stand reddit, crack-whore alley of the Internet.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

stunt was originally blacklisted by blawrf. My how the tables turn

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Dalael posted:

Asteroid belts in high sec look a lot more dense than I remember.
It used to be just a bunch of big asteroids and once you mined those out everything was empty.
The game became so much prettier since i left high sec.

There are micro asteroids now to make the belt feel denser. They're quite nice visually but certainly are irritating if you're attempting to approach someone in a belt while cloaked.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

maporfic posted:

Ps. Opted for goonwaffe. Nothing against KarmaFleet, but I can't stand reddit, crack-whore alley of the Internet.

Pretty sure it was 14 vials of blood for waffe and 7 for karmafleet, so I think you didn't follow the directions very well.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

dont forget to submit to the doxx chamber before entering or you won't get access to srp

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Glory of Arioch posted:

dont forget to submit to the doxx chamber before entering or you won't get access to srp

Can our doxxing quota be lowered? Having to doxx 5 reddit users per week is a daunting task when you don't have much time.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Dalael posted:

What the gently caress kind of drugs are you on?

Why :catdrugs: of course. TCC is one of my favorite forums here.

Dalael posted:

Seriously Paco, when is your reddit AMA?

Obviously I won't be doing a reddit AMA though I did sort of cut loose there in a comment with my disillusionment regarding everything EVE related right now, including the doxxing stuff and the weariness felt from a year of being almost universally disliked among a group who I had very personal reasons for caring about which transcended the silly game or this awful thread (VideoGames' OP and posts notwithstanding.)

Then I went back and read Kathao's submission on TMC which he wrote before he left for TDB but that only served to make me a bit more depressed. I had a bit of an existential crisis where I started smoking clove cigarettes and reading Camus again like when I was 16 and that lasted a little while, but I sorted it out by lunch, worked the rest my shift and decided that for the duration of my time in the game -- however long that is -- I'm just going to be a quiet little mouse. Stick around for as long as I can still stand it but I'm certainly not leaving for anywhere else -- I'm all in with the group so if I fail in that regard I'm just finished with the game - it's just not good enough of a game to hold my interest otherwise.

This is sort of where I am at with things now, but we all know things can change (except the joining someone else that'll never change thanks.) As such I'll start slimming stuff down via S-Mart when I get off RO. The rest I'll mothball. I sort of had a plan with all of this but I don't really have the heart for it anymore. It's not even an emo thing at this point it's just... we try things in life and sometimes they work out and sometimes not. I'm a lucky guy with a great life; that doesn't mean everything is going to work out the way I would like all of the time, and I knew that coming in to this. I had a good deal of fun with it all, but it's time to put it away, along with this SA account (as Paco would say "lol if you think I'd post in the EVE thread with my actual account") and just fade away into the backdrop, as I have been for so long.

So it goes. I guess this is the part where I spit on the culture entirely and sign my post, being relegated to the Xenurias of the world (man that stung) and angry at everyone for rejecting me so flatly and arrogantly. I can't bring myself to do it though so instead I'll just thank you all for letting me experiment and try new stuff out while I worked through some stuff with the help of internet spaceships, laughs, and the freedom of the sandbox. Love you guys - not many of you individually mind you... but as a whole? Yeah, you still have your mojo. You just need to stop bitching at each other that it isn't there anymore in order to see that it is.

I'm sorry for the word salad. Sorry for everything else too. Peace.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

TRAP HOUSE MOUSE posted:

Why :catdrugs: of course. TCC is one of my favorite forums here.

Obviously I won't be doing a reddit AMA though I did sort of cut loose there in a comment with my disillusionment regarding everything EVE related right now, including the doxxing stuff and the weariness felt from a year of being almost universally disliked among a group who I had very personal reasons for caring about which transcended the silly game or this awful thread (VideoGames' OP and posts notwithstanding.)

Then I went back and read Kathao's submission on TMC which he wrote before he left for TDB but that only served to make me a bit more depressed. I had a bit of an existential crisis where I started smoking clove cigarettes and reading Camus again like when I was 16 and that lasted a little while, but I sorted it out by lunch, worked the rest my shift and decided that for the duration of my time in the game -- however long that is -- I'm just going to be a quiet little mouse. Stick around for as long as I can still stand it but I'm certainly not leaving for anywhere else -- I'm all in with the group so if I fail in that regard I'm just finished with the game - it's just not good enough of a game to hold my interest otherwise.

This is sort of where I am at with things now, but we all know things can change (except the joining someone else that'll never change thanks.) As such I'll start slimming stuff down via S-Mart when I get off RO. The rest I'll mothball. I sort of had a plan with all of this but I don't really have the heart for it anymore. It's not even an emo thing at this point it's just... we try things in life and sometimes they work out and sometimes not. I'm a lucky guy with a great life; that doesn't mean everything is going to work out the way I would like all of the time, and I knew that coming in to this. I had a good deal of fun with it all, but it's time to put it away, along with this SA account (as Paco would say "lol if you think I'd post in the EVE thread with my actual account") and just fade away into the backdrop, as I have been for so long.

So it goes. I guess this is the part where I spit on the culture entirely and sign my post, being relegated to the Xenurias of the world (man that stung) and angry at everyone for rejecting me so flatly and arrogantly. I can't bring myself to do it though so instead I'll just thank you all for letting me experiment and try new stuff out while I worked through some stuff with the help of internet spaceships, laughs, and the freedom of the sandbox. Love you guys - not many of you individually mind you... but as a whole? Yeah, you still have your mojo. You just need to stop bitching at each other that it isn't there anymore in order to see that it is.

I'm sorry for the word salad. Sorry for everything else too. Peace.

poo poo dude... Do you want me to start talking about Atlantis again so people stop making GBS threads on you and poo poo on me more? I'll do it for you because you seem too much of a gentle soul to take insults from people you don't know on internet.

:eonwe: Please everyone, poo poo on me instead of Paco. I am very, very worried about him and I would hate if he did something stupid because goons hurt his feelings too much. The last thing I want him to do is join Horde and do an AMA. :eonwe:

Acceptable things you can poo poo on me for: Atlantis, my J4G status, my bad posting abilities, the fact that I'm short, the fact that I'm getting a bit fattish. My bad hair and pretty much any loving thing you guys would tell Paco that just might make him cry.

Its okay Paco, I got your back. :sympathy:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Can we rename he'll dump to the doxx chamber

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

There's enough poo poo to go around for both of you, posts are free.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dear EvilWeasel,

IPs don't contain people's personal information. This is something that's been stated numerous times here on SA, you should ask Deadtear to explain it to you in more detail.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Dalael posted:

*continues making GBS threads on me*

ok

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Unfunny Poster posted:

Dear EvilWeasel,

IPs don't contain people's personal information. This is something that's been stated numerous times here on SA, you should ask Deadtear to explain it to you in more detail.

As a general rule the only thing a layman will find from your IP address is the city you live in and if you have bad taste in providers. Reddit actually jumped up and down stating that "Showing the IP address is DOXXING" and I had a good laugh. Reminded me of those flashing scare ads that would pop up saying "YOUR COMPUTER IS BROADCASTING AN IP ADDRESS!!!!!!"

Pretty much every moderator of every forum everywhere has your IP, back when stratics was a thing and I was a mod there (In the early 00's) we had vbul setup so I saw the users IP right under their posts. Made it easy to see people dodging bans in the day where private VPN's were rare and the HAHA I'm behind 800 proxies meme wasn't a thing. Anyone with the goonfleet mumble admin token probably has your IP, if you have commented on TMC.com... they know your IP.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

I think you're just not getting it.
Have you read these forums, like ever?

Everyone is making GBS threads on everyone at the first opportunity they get. Its just the circle of life. Don't let it get to you. That's part of the culture around here its that loving simple.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rhymenoserous posted:

EvilWeasel actually has been jumping up and down stating that "knowing someones IP is address is DOXXING" and I had a good laugh.

:same:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
http://i.imgur.com/fv2HZp3.webm

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Corgis are the only kind of dog that are acceptable.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Dalael posted:

I think you're just not getting it.
Have you read these forums, like ever?

Everyone is making GBS threads on everyone at the first opportunity they get. Its just the circle of life. Don't let it get to you. That's part of the culture around here its that loving simple.

Shut up, retard.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Has he? Because that's dumb. I was talking about when lemba got caught.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rhymenoserous posted:

Has he? Because that's dumb. I was talking about when lemba got caught.

Yeah, there's several pages of him having a meltdown over that.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Unfunny Poster posted:

Corgis are the only kind of dog that are acceptable.

Dr. Pangloss posted:

Shut up, retard.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

Dalael posted:

What's the deal with Groon? What happened for them to now be our bitter exes?

How are we bitter exes? I'm confused. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Elmnt80 posted:

How are we bitter exes? I'm confused. :(

I think you were bitter exes back when groon first started but everyone is over it and people are just stupid now. I have no clue. Groon is cool. Something about Ackbarre needing groon. Posts.

• Locked thread