Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Drythe posted:

those sound hard

Market fuckery either requires patience and good choices, or an inside line on what is going to be valuable after a patch (ie patch speculation) or a cunning exploitation of mechanics (the Faction warfare caper or the more recent change to NPC taxes and the use thereof to exploit the plex market).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

darth cookie posted:

Market fuckery either requires patience and good choices, or an inside line on what is going to be valuable after a patch (ie patch speculation) or a cunning exploitation of mechanics (the Faction warfare caper or the more recent change to NPC taxes and the use thereof to exploit the plex market).

And that man's name was Gevlon Goblin

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
I found a Rattlesnake on contracts for a decent price tonight so I ended up picking it up and fitting it instead of a Mach. Ran a couple of L3s including the Blockade to give it a whirl, seems to work pretty well as a passive tank drone sniper. No prop mod other than an MJD blows if you need to actually get anywhere, but it's pretty low effort. I'll try some L4s tomorrow night, and then I guess I need to move it out to do missions for someone other than CN so the LP/isk isn't total crap.

Also, gently caress noob corp tax rates.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

CashEnsign posted:

And that man's name was Gevlon Goblin

Gevlon just margin traded, and he did it manually. I'm pretty sure some of our escalation service dudes made more isk/hr than he did.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Jazzzzz posted:

I found a Rattlesnake on contracts for a decent price tonight so I ended up picking it up and fitting it instead of a Mach. Ran a couple of L3s including the Blockade to give it a whirl, seems to work pretty well as a passive tank drone sniper. No prop mod other than an MJD blows if you need to actually get anywhere, but it's pretty low effort. I'll try some L4s tomorrow night, and then I guess I need to move it out to do missions for someone other than CN so the LP/isk isn't total crap.

I used to do Lvl4 in Taru for the MInistry of war. They have lvl 1 to 4 agents within 2 systems, never take you out of highsec and if I remember well, the LP wasn't bad. You might want to check it out.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymenoserous posted:

Gevlon just margin traded, and he did it manually. I'm pretty sure some of our escalation service dudes made more isk/hr than he did.

Yeah, Gevlon's point of pride is that what he did was nothing special, that anyone could have done it, but no one else did because they're all slackers and morons for him to lord himself over.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Moddington posted:

Yeah, Gevlon's point of pride is that what he did was nothing special, that anyone could have done it, but no one else did because they're all slackers and morons for him to lord himself over.

He's like... opportunity cost: The musical.

I mean I'd love to be mega rich too, but as long as I can reship to T3's/gilas/orthri etc I'm pretty happy. I don't need TITAN money.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Rhymenoserous posted:

He's like... opportunity cost: The musical.

I mean I'd love to be mega rich too, but as long as I can reship to T3's/gilas/orthri etc I'm pretty happy. I don't need TITAN money.

I went from 1B to 30B and now I'm no longer afraid to lose cheap ships. :toot:
Still too afraid to lose T3's tho, so i'm sticking with interceptors, destroyers and now I'm thinking of trying out a few cruisers.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dalael posted:

Still too afraid to lose T3's tho, so i'm sticking with interceptors, destroyers and now I'm thinking of trying out a few cruisers.

To be fair, a combat T3 - is cheap. (Wasn't afraid to lose them back when my wallet wouldn't hit more than 400 mil regularly, aren't afraid to lose them now when my wallet is at 33 bil with 10 bil in sell orders and about 20 bil in ships and other fuckery)

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

OWLS! posted:

To be fair, a combat T3 - is cheap. (Wasn't afraid to lose them back when my wallet wouldn't hit more than 400 mil regularly, aren't afraid to lose them now when my wallet is at 33 bil with 10 bil in sell orders and about 20 bil in ships and other fuckery)

I've always been shy with my ISK. I've tried most forms of ISK generation and I hate them all. The one thing left for me to try is market fuckery which I'm a total newbie at. You sir, have much bigger balls than I do because I sure as gently caress wouldn't undock a T3 if I only had about 400mil in income.

I'm hoping to eventually double my 30b so that I can then undock wtf I feel like without clutching my pearls in fear.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dalael posted:

I do because I sure as gently caress wouldn't undock a T3 if I only had about 400mil in income.

To be fair, never do what I do in eve, and you will be a much richer man.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

OWLS! posted:

And your super was still terribly fit. :colbert:

Tangerines
Apr 25, 2016

Market Fuckery in the truest sense can be very difficult. Margin Trading on the other hand, especially if you have a large pile of ISK, can be fairly profitable. Just spread your investments over a wide range of products and don't care to much about the margins you make. As long as you pull in some money with minimal :effort: then you're doing good.

Ripperljohn
May 13, 2014

Market stuff always seemed like a lot of effort to me - probably because i have no idea what to actually buy and sell.

I had most success with buying faction ammo in jita and then hauling it to lowsec hubs, but in the end, it's just no fun for me.

Eploration and WH's are great though.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Ripperljohn posted:

Market stuff always seemed like a lot of effort to me - probably because i have no idea what to actually buy and sell.

I had most success with buying faction ammo in jita and then hauling it to lowsec hubs, but in the end, it's just no fun for me.

Eploration and WH's are great though.

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I'd buy stuff to re-sell but.. what? There was a time when i lived in fade and would just bring a ton of T1 ammo in systems I knew people spent their time ratting. I made a few hundred million that way. That's pretty much all I have in terms of experience with markets.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Dalael posted:

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I'd buy stuff to re-sell but.. what?

For Jita trading you're looking for something with a significant percentage gap between the buy and sell orders and large daily turnovers.

kruna
Jun 6, 2006
I missed the rapture.
So I just decided to log in after a 13 month absence. I can't even buy plex to extend my 4 hour buy plex poo poo. This sucks balls.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Dalael posted:

Dawg you are loaded fly a carrier that's on fire directly into jita 4-4 and laugh the whole time.

I think I have about half a bit in liquid plus half a bit in assets that I can easily access and then another half that are languishing in Delve since 2006.

kruna
Jun 6, 2006
I missed the rapture.

kruna posted:

So I just decided to log in after a 13 month absence. I can't even buy plex to extend my 4 hour buy plex poo poo. This sucks balls.

I got it figured out. However I am still trapped in hostile space. You goons went and done hosed poo poo up real good.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

kruna posted:

I got it figured out. However I am still trapped in hostile space. You goons went and done hosed poo poo up real good.

No, what we did was foster a target rich environment. Its ideal.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Jazzzzz posted:

You will be pleased to know that RVCMF tax rate is 0.5% :D

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

VideoGames posted:

VG, I just found out about a Corp in Nullsec who assist with the transition of High Sec people to Null.

They're called Bovril.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Oodles posted:

VG, I just found out about a Corp in Nullsec who assist with the transition of High Sec people to Null.

They're called Bovril.

There's also a corp that assists with the transition of null sec people to high. It's called RVCMF.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

VideoGames posted:

I have an alt training into mining barges right now that I will put into RVCMF as soon as he's able to fly one decently (couple of weeks). I also want to get gas harvesting trained up to try w-space ninja huffing

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

vandalism posted:

Dawg you are loaded fly a carrier that's on fire directly into jita 4-4 and laugh the whole time.

I think I have about half a bit in liquid plus half a bit in assets that I can easily access and then another half that are languishing in Delve since 2006.

I tend to have the mentality that if I can lock it, I can shoot it. If I can shoot it, it can die.
The type of enemy ship I'm fighting against does not figure at all in my decision to engage.
This means that I tend to lose a lot of ships to things I probably shouldn't have messed with. (Ask me about the time I tried to solo a Cynabal with my Taranis)

When you have such a mentality, you don't fly expensive ships ;)

Now I know its kinda stupid to behave in such a way, but I did have many very close fights with things I knew should take me out.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Jazzzzz posted:

I have an alt training into mining barges right now that I will put into RVCMF as soon as he's able to fly one decently (couple of weeks). I also want to get gas harvesting trained up to try w-space ninja huffing

Or you can join it now. RVCMF is more about chilling than it is about mining for profit.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
I went from around 5b and 3 carriers ratters to 10 at my peak. I made my nut on that and gevlon can suck my nuts cause I was pulling a bil every 2 hours plus faction spawns plus mazes. Now I'm at like..... gently caress I don't even know about 60b liquid, 50 in orders, 50 in spec, and half of 90 that Jay and I are still loving lazy and haven't evacced. On top of ~200 in assets not counting a super and a titan. What I'm saying is I pulled myself up by my bootstraps~~~

Of course now that I'm spacerich (as much as I care to be) I got a cute rear end puppy and play with her instead of logging into eve. Such is the circle of life

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Wealth is super relative in Eve. If you have a billion isk you feel that people with 10b isk are rich. If you have 10b you think someone with 100b is rich. I'm probably around 400b myself, but in reality that is pennies compared to some people in GSF.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
There are multiple double digit trillionaires aren't there?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pretty sure there are. LennyKravitz2 apparently has that much, or at least makes enough per week to recoup the expenses for paying the people involved with World War Bee.

VideoGames posted:

Yeah but you don't have SRP (ship replacement program) :smuggo:

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Actually I said I'd pay for anything not retarded anyone loses Who's short on isk which is basically the same bar as "don't lose confessor to gate guns in low sec"

RVCMF rules

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
But I also just gave handouts to everyone who was short of isk on day 1 :toot:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Unfunny Poster posted:

Pretty sure there are. LennyKravitz2 apparently has that much, or at least makes enough per week to recoup the expenses for paying the people involved with World War Bee.

neither does horde and they have a 5% tax :smugdog:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

neither does horde and they have a 5% tax :smugdog:

Good thing I don't run Horde :smugdon:

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!

Unfunny Poster posted:

I'd srp people if they get ganked in Rvcmf.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
I'm curious what VG's wallet is at cause I know i threw him a bil or something and people were tossing him skill injectors willy nilly and poo poo. And let be honest ventures are cheap! I'd bet he could SRP anything except retard losses to burner missions and I'm the only one who's losing retarded stuff to burner missions :toot:

We blew his mind when we told him about PI and that not only can you munch asteroids but you can munch planets too!

Foe Hammer
Feb 6, 2016

Strategy is for people that don't have Swords! Play devil’s advocate even when you know you’re wrong because a blog where everyone agrees is boring!

Unfunny Poster posted:

Good thing I don't run Horde :smugdon:

slam horde all you want they are up to 8640 members and are up 365 members while gsf is down 130 in the past 7 days. Personally I don't see how there are that many retarded annoying morons playing eve but apparently there are. I do not get why they love spamming local so much. Its basically them broadcasting, "the multitudes of morons are here to annoy you into not playing cuz we suck at fighting".

I wonder if their membership is growing form in game people or their constant crappy propaganda adds on r/eve. Granted I say annoying they may say effective....

Foe Hammer
Feb 6, 2016

Strategy is for people that don't have Swords! Play devil’s advocate even when you know you’re wrong because a blog where everyone agrees is boring!
one thing that is pretty amazing though and all goons deserve a pat on the back is that while the entire game is against the imperium and all the imperium's allies are folding, flailing or falling goonswarm has kept the majority of its membership intact. That is saying something....and a very good reason goons will eventually win this war.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
take your retarded shill poo poo to the other thread nobody gives a drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Foe Hammer posted:

:bravo2:

What none of ya'll understood yet is, we've already won. :clint:

• Locked thread