Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Zephyrine posted:

Also Dalael picking on Paco in an attempt to fit in is cringy as hell. Because Dalael spent two years in Pacos shoes in this thread. Now that the searchlights are no longer on him for a brief period he's milking it for all he can.

:lol:
Please, don't make me laugh so much. My ribs are hurting.
Paco's just being a bitch because he was told once too many to shut up. And just like every single time he has, he's made a long rear end post about it.

But yeah, I'm /just/ trying to fit in.

Dalael fucked around with this message at 08:57 on May 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
So, this happened in Delve :laugh:

The reason I am laughing is because in the process, some idiot in a Stratios warped in, got stuck in the Sabre's bubble, and then slowly started slowboating directly towards me. I had Conflag L loaded and for some stupid reason he didn't MWD under my guns so he popped super fast.

I'll trade a ratting Apoc for a Stratios any day :smugdog:

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
Is Paco still in GSF? At least Xenuria never decided to poo poo up the forums this bad.

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.
Paco is a "piggy" from lord of flies. So it's a group attempt.

I always liked a piggy. :haw:

Kirs fucked around with this message at 09:47 on May 13, 2016

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

hey paco you've got thin skin, maybe ask vyst if he has some to spare??

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Reverand maynard posted:

hey paco you've got thin skin, maybe ask vyst if he has some to spare??

I heard they wouldn't let him keep it. So paco is doomed to, at every perceived internet slight, vomit up a bunch of poo poo people will scroll past for eternity.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

TRAP HOUSE MOUSE posted:

No I get it just fine. I'm starting to wonder if you do -- It's not being poo poo on, it's being universally disliked and people like Fix Lag saying "he's always like that." Fix Lag doesn't know me from Adam. I've never talked to that dude once in the last year. This is the perception, though. Goons doxx people errday and Paco is a spergtard with no redeemable qualities 24/7. It wears on me, and if you don't think that's different than "hrr drr you're dumb" or "shut the gently caress up paco" then I don't know what to tell you, except it is very very different. It sure feels different to me at least.

If you've noticed I tend to come at people on the forums pretty regularly no matter who they are, so I don't think the thickness of my skin or the ability to playfully rib others is the issue. It's the "he's a terrible cancer" poo poo that everyone seems to just agree with at face value without knowing me, or realizing that there are far worse things for the corp/alliance/culture than some geezer joking around. Deadtear calling me worse than Xenuria. Vyst calling me an "unperson." You, here right now, saying that I don't understand the culture. No, I understand the culture just fine -- what others seem to have a hard time grasping is that I'm a part of it too. I have fun with it my own way, I guess my folly was thinking that others would get that I wasn't serious about any of this poo poo and have some fun with me. Nope - just got hated and the "not a cultural fit" stamp on my forehead. The scarlet letter of goons -- he's just another spergy publord.

Once not so long ago while I was flying through Fade with an alt, I encountered someone from this thread. I asked the person if they would be coming back to GSF. They mentioned that they missed their friends and thought about coming back sometimes, but wondered if they were too disliked to be let back in. I told them "Trust me - it's fine. I should know, I'm Paco loving Vato. You won't have to worry about that much heat." or something along those lines. "Oh" the person replied "I could goatse every thread in TWR and not be as hated as you." And... he's right of course. That's the Paco paradigm -- gently caress that guy no matter what. Yeah I have a couple of friends in the corp/alliance, but for the most part I feel like I'm out of place there, and that is frustrating because it's literally the only place I could possibly fit in within the game. I can't enjoy the game at the pubbie level because I just don't love or care about the game the same way pubbies do and I think the elite pvp mentality is rubbish. I can't enjoy the game at the goon level either because you lot won't stop bleating "you don't understand goon culture!" at me. This was a big reason I created the "gently caress everyone else" persona that I did. It was easier than reticence, which was never really my strong suit.

So no, in short, it's not getting poo poo on that was ever the problem. It was when the narrative shifted from "poo poo on paco" to "paco is cancer." It was the times I would read a post on the forums directed at me and go "Hey wait a minute - that person genuinely does not like me and is being an actual dickhead, this is not the fake har har goon dickery. Did I gently caress up and join PL or something?" It was the minute I found myself too scared to post in this thread or in elysium because people who don't like me might notice and decide eh gently caress this guy and then poof! I'm gone from the group that I enjoyed so much. That feeling that I was surrounded by people who by and large would rather I wasn't there.

Meanwhile my love for the group and the good time I was having laughing about and stuff attracted people to the game that wouldn't have normally been drawn to it - paka and grande in particular. They came on their own - not because of the stupid game, but because of how loudly I was laughing and how much I talked about gsf and how funny it all was. There's history with me there too that they know about -- personal stuff that makes my bond to SA and therefore SA-based gaming guilds stronger. I guess what I'm getting at is if I'm so much of a loving cancer why did my wife and oldest son join the game to fight in a war we are losing and likely going to lose just because... goons? How many of you who understand ~goon culture~ so well can say the same?

please stop taking whatever cumshit cocktail you're left with at the end of a long hard night and tossing it in this thread. no one wants to read a loving 5 paragraph essay proving you have loving godawful opinions

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
gently caress this cruel world fix lag beat me to calling out the legit 5 paragraph essay. as the resident literal 12 year old, i know lots about 5 paragraph essays and this mother fucker is trying to prove his points with 5 paragraph essays.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Syndic Thrass posted:

please stop taking whatever cumshit cocktail you're left with at the end of a long hard night and tossing it in this thread. no one wants to read a loving 5 paragraph essay proving you have loving godawful opinions

He should follow your example and cram all his poo poo opinions into a couple of lines.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Richard Bong posted:

I heard they wouldn't let him keep it. So paco is doomed to, at every perceived internet slight, vomit up a bunch of poo poo people will scroll past for eternity.

There's a rumor the doctor has pictures of it or so he told my fiancée. So out of morbid curiosity I may ask to see them

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
I have read many of your posts, i think i might have contributed to the initial shut the gently caress up paco youre the cancer rotting our sovless alliance etc etc but jesus gently caress re read your posts and understand why.
I'd invite you to check the very early days of my post history both here and gf dot com, i got the same responses, i made the same horrible loving posts, i wrote goddamn essays because someone called me a mean name and everyone hated me. someone literally loving told me and tons of others that they were going to murder me irl if i ever showed my face at a goonp, so harden the gently caress up and learn from your transgressions

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

vyst posted:

There's a rumor the doctor has pictures of it or so he told my fiancée. So out of morbid curiosity I may ask to see them

I know I would, what you did is impressive as hell btw. Good work.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Syndic Thrass posted:

I have read many of your posts, i think i might have contributed to the initial shut the gently caress up paco youre the cancer rotting our sovless alliance etc etc but jesus gently caress re read your posts and understand why.
I'd invite you to check the very early days of my post history both here and gf dot com, i got the same responses, i made the same horrible loving posts, i wrote goddamn essays because someone called me a mean name and everyone hated me. someone literally loving told me and tons of others that they were going to murder me irl if i ever showed my face at a goonp, so harden the gently caress up and learn from your transgressions

Stupid fuckin' broken promises. :colbert:

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Dalael posted:

Teljkon Nugs was(is) genuinely mentally ill and legit meant it, at least i believed he did then and believe the same now.

HE MANAGED TO SHOOT ME IN GAME THOUGH:
https://zkillboard.com/kill/19971953/ (this had like 15b worth of blues' poo poo in the SMA from when I was tryharding with the Incursion sig way back when)
http://evewho.com/pilot/Syndic+Thrass (the 2011 gap would be what were looking at. the gap 5 years later was for a really funny joke)

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings
Paco, I enjoyed your "it's 'dox'"/"it's 'doxx'" trolling on twitter, and I never really thought you were hated on gf dot com (although I have perhaps not been as active there recently as in the past) but you are so thin-skinned that you should ask vyst if he has enough left over to provide you with at least some sort of basic protection from the elements.

Edit: gently caress, beaten by pooki

Endie fucked around with this message at 10:33 on May 13, 2016

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Dalael posted:

Also dear paco vato note that dalael is a garbage tier poster to but like me, his fellow garbage tier poster, he has redeeming qualities. I cant really put my finger on exactly what they are but theyre there i guess. what im saying is he doesnt get all whiny and mad about people on the internet telling him to shut up and calling him an rear end in a top hat or w.e AND WHAT DO YOU KNOW HE GETS ALONG JUST FINE

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Endie posted:

Paco, I enjoyed your "it's 'dox'"/"it's 'doxx'" trolling on twitter, and I never really thought you were hated on gf dot com (although I have perhaps not been as active there recently as in the past) but you are so thin-skinned that you should ask vyst if he has enough left over to provide you with at least some sort of basic protection from the elements.

lol n1Endie but the "borrow vysts extra skin" joke has already been made.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
haha its still funny though

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Syndic Thrass posted:

lol n1Endie but the "borrow vysts extra skin" joke has already been made.

I'm badly behind the times.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Zephyrine posted:

Also Dalael picking on Paco in an attempt to fit in is cringy as hell. Because Dalael spent two years in Pacos shoes in this thread. Now that the searchlights are no longer on him for a brief period he's milking it for all he can.

:ironicat: shut the gently caress up angelique douchecanoe

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Endie posted:

Edit: gently caress, beaten by pooki

:smugdog:

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Syndic Thrass posted:

haha its still funny though

ApocalypseMeow
Mar 4, 2008

I love the smell of Catnip in the morning....Smells like Victory.
https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/205528-taliboatsdramafleet-confessors-hecates-and-chaos-t3d-armor-doctrine/

:yikes:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

It starts out pretty dull but the twist is great. :five:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
OK friends. Lets simmer down for a few pages please.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

"What the gently caress is a svipul?"

Still laughing at that.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Holly poo poo mark is angry.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Unfunny Poster posted:

Yeah, there's several pages of him having a meltdown over that.

i was jumping up and down over darius using an ip address (and perhaps the registration email, but more likely the ip address given the error he made) as a starting point to internet detective and find what he thought was the person who made a mean internet comment about him and posting the age and location and threatening to call their house, but getting it wrong and getting their mother instead of the poster

if you want to pick up darius's torch i will happily turbodunk you too, beating up on darius is like beating up on a cripple at this point

edit: in case anyone is curious, the sequence of events was

1) darius writes bad article on crozzingzebras.com
2) a goon under a fake name on disqus posts a comment insulting the article and darius himself
3) darius replies with (what he thinks is) their age and city they live in - "How about the opinion of a 64 year old from Annapolis?"
4) when darius does not get a reply to his comment, he posts "Crickets? Happy to give you a call."
5) scooter, the goon who posted the comment, posts that if darius wants to be a giant manbaby he can contact him directly on gf jabber. scooter later confirms that he is not a 64 year old from annapolis, his mother is.

darius's excuses are (1) the comment insulted him so it's ok to go after someone irl for an internet comment, and as to how he got the info (2) that he must have gotten the location and age from the disqus profile or (3) he must have just made it up on the spot

now, 2 is obviously untrue because i checked, you can post with just a name and no profile and that's what happened - furthermore, nobody's going to put their mom's information there. 3 is obviously untrue because doxxing darius johnson got a hit on someone, he just got a family member instead (which happens when people internet detective with only a little information). what's obviously true is that darius used the ip address and/or the registration email (disqus mods on a site can see this - either CZ gave darius mod on his article or just handed over the data when he asked) and did some internet detectiving to get back at the guy who insulted him. based on the error doxxing dj made, almost certainly the ip address and not the email. that's the only explanation as to how he associated a throwaway name insulting him on the internet with a person.

evilweasel fucked around with this message at 13:47 on May 13, 2016

War Eagle
Mar 27, 2007

Getting eaten by the Abominable Snowman, thats a freak accident.

maporfic posted:

The deed is done, I'm apped up. Left the urine sample in the cubby, stool sample is in the bucket, 7 vials of blood extracted and the guy with the rubber glove was surprisingly gentle.

Ready to lose my soul a little at a time to this terrible game.

Make sure you join the Newbie channel in-game once you join, as well as on Jabber so you can ask questions there. Get in fleets and start losing ships, then in a year or two the posts from the regulars in this thread will start to make sense.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Angelique said "Cringey" - she's becoming a reddit poster before our very eyes.

4th Horseman
Jun 3, 2011

evilweasel posted:

Dj hypocrisy

Didn't he just post a screed about leaving the imperium cuz dox, and telling people to quit making fun of his irl poo poo

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

evilweasel posted:

i was jumping up and down over darius using an ip address (and perhaps the registration email, but more likely the ip address given the error he made) as a starting point to internet detective and find what he thought was the person who made a mean internet comment about him and posting the age and location and threatening to call their house, but getting it wrong and getting their mother instead of the poster

if you want to pick up darius's torch i will happily turbodunk you too, beating up on darius is like beating up on a cripple at this point

edit: in case anyone is curious, the sequence of events was

1) darius writes bad article on crozzingzebras.com
2) a goon under a fake name on disqus posts a comment insulting the article and darius himself
3) darius replies with (what he thinks is) their age and city they live in - "How about the opinion of a 64 year old from Annapolis?"
4) when darius does not get a reply to his comment, he posts "Crickets? Happy to give you a call."
5) scooter, the goon who posted the comment, posts that if darius wants to be a giant manbaby he can contact him directly on gf jabber. scooter later confirms that he is not a 64 year old from annapolis, his mother is.

darius's excuses are (1) the comment insulted him so it's ok to go after someone irl for an internet comment, and as to how he got the info (2) that he must have gotten the location and age from the disqus profile or (3) he must have just made it up on the spot

now, 2 is obviously untrue because i checked, you can post with just a name and no profile and that's what happened - furthermore, nobody's going to put their mom's information there. 3 is obviously untrue because doxxing darius johnson got a hit on someone, he just got a family member instead (which happens when people internet detective with only a little information). what's obviously true is that darius used the ip address and/or the registration email (disqus mods on a site can see this - either CZ gave darius mod on his article or just handed over the data when he asked) and did some internet detectiving to get back at the guy who insulted him. based on the error doxxing dj made, almost certainly the ip address and not the email. that's the only explanation as to how he associated a throwaway name insulting him on the internet with a person.

No no no, you don't know how IPs work. They're numbers. And you're having a meltdown. Also there's no hypocrisy in defending DJs doxxing because he's not a "goon" goon, although he is the true leader of the true flame of true gooniness. Your post is pretty cringe worthy.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

VideoGames posted:

OK friends. Lets simmer down for a few pages please.

The most entertaining part of this thread is your Sisyphean effort to make it not terrible.

Puskarich
Nov 26, 2008

4th Horseman posted:

Didn't he just post a screed about leaving the imperium cuz dox, and telling people to quit making fun of his irl poo poo

Also that whole kicking out Groon thing and the years later becoming hoegaarden.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Puskarich posted:

Also that whole kicking out Groon thing and the years later becoming hoegaarden.

DJ wasn't responsible for the original groon schism, he just ended the attempt to end it by groon joining goonswarm. He was responsible for the EO thing and the here be dragons schism (which has gotten mostly forgotten since they died in the wilderness so fast).

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

evilweasel posted:

DJ wasn't responsible for the original groon schism, he just ended the attempt to end it by groon joining goonswarm. He was responsible for the EO thing and the here be dragons schism (which has gotten mostly forgotten since they died in the wilderness so fast).

wasnt the arsed thing just "we're staying in this garbage space instead of moving to delve"? i wasn't paying any attention to the game when all that poo poo happened so im parroting what i last heard here

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
The new CSM has been formally announced. They've doubled the number of permanent attendees for some reason: https://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/csm-11-election-results/

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

wasnt the arsed thing just "we're staying in this garbage space instead of moving to delve"? i wasn't paying any attention to the game when all that poo poo happened so im parroting what i last heard here

Back in the beginning of LODRA there were a few pogroms going down (aka BTLS getting kicked, maybe LOVEU as well?), and then there were some :words: thrown about, and IGNE and ARSED went and did their own thing (here be dragons).

IGNE then merged into ARSED and they were set blue afaik, but pretty soon they joined dreddit and founded TEST.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

LemonDrizzle posted:

The new CSM has been formally announced. They've doubled the number of permanent attendees for some reason: https://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/csm-11-election-results/

4 PL and 3 GSF on there heh, maybe we'll see some positive 0.0 stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

evilweasel posted:

either CZ gave darius mod on his article or just handed over the data when he asked

You keep making this claim about CZ, but you've yet to provide any proof other than your own assumptions/speculation which you're trying to pass off as fact. It'd be no different than anyone claiming that TMC were handing over IPs & Email addresses to Digi, or whoever took over, for them to use to dig up people's personal information. There's no proof of this of course but it has to be that way, how else would that explain how they got peoples info to harass them with? If you're going to accuse people something, actually have proof to back it up.

• Locked thread