Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on David Cameron and Boris Johnson – Boris Johnson accused the prime minister of undermining trust in democracy by repeatedly promising to cut net immigration to the tens of thousands, despite it being impossible to achieve that as long as Britain is in the EU"

Telegraph:

EU referendum: Cameron says UK exit could put peace at risk

Independent:

Times:

Mail:

Guardian Sport:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent:

I really like this one. I actually chortled.

Edit: Also a lot of "With a black woman"! cartoons these days.

Gonzo McFee fucked around with this message at 19:19 on May 10, 2016

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

So Zac's the one at the back, who's is the tiny face at the bottom right?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Cloud Potato posted:

Guardian Sport:

His description of that mascot is the thing I've laughed at most in... months?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Angepain posted:

So Zac's the one at the back, who's is the tiny face at the bottom right?

I assumed it was Lynton Crosby.

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on David Cameron’s anti-corruption summit – David Cameron has been overheard boasting to the Queen that the leaders of ‘fantastically corrupt’ countries are coming to a summit he is hosting this week"

Bonus! Tribune magazine:

John Whittingdale challenged by Maria Eagle over BBC plans

Telegraph:

Iain Duncan Smith says Germany had 'veto' power over David Cameron EU deal

Independent:

Times:

Jeremy Corbyn appeals to Labour voters in EU referendum

Mail:
Mac on... getting out of Europe

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
Mac on... getting out of Europe

He's sent Boris back to the 1980s, when 'Outer Mongolia' was still in common use on maps?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

Queen filmed calling Chinese officials 'very rude'

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Mail:

Guardian Australian Sport:

"David Squires on ... the Kangaroos' first tour to Great Britain in 1908 - In the first of a new series on some of the defining moments in Australian sporting history, David Squires looks back at the rugby league tour of Britain over a century ago."

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Mac must have been aching for years to be able to get away with calling the Chinese 'slitty eyed people'

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Nah I'm sure he did it last year too.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on John Whittingdale and the BBC – John Whittingdale has told MPs that those who raised concerns about his plans for the BBC were ‘leftwing luvvies’ who had based their complaints on ‘ill-founded, hysterical speculation’"

Telegraph:

Independent:

The i paper:

Times:

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Trickjaw posted:

Mac must have been aching for years to be able to get away with calling the Chinese 'slitty eyed people'

It's not like he's ever needed an excuse for casual rascism.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on warnings against Britain leaving the EU – A vote to leave the EU next month could precipitate a stock market crash and steep fall in house prices, the International Monetary Fund has warned"

Telegraph:

NI numbers prompt row over 1.2m EU 'immigration gap'; Eurovision Song Contest final

Independent:

After John F Francis.

Stephen Collins:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

David Icke made me chuckle.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"The Tory civil war over Europe - Chris Riddell on the EU referendum debate"

Sunday Telegraph:

After Quentin Blake.

Independent on Sunday:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Boris Johnson and the EU debate – Boris Johnson’s ugly and provocative allusion to the Third Reich as a metaphor for European integration is at best a move from the Donald Trump playbook"

Telegraph:

EU Referendum: Boris Johnson stands by Hitler EU comparison

Independent:

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on George Osborne and the EU debate – George Osborne was joined by former business secretary Vince Cable and Labour’s Ed Balls at Stansted airport to argue that leaving the EU would be a ‘one-way ticket to a poorer Britain’"

Telegraph:

Donald Trump says he might not have good relationship with David Cameron

Independent:

Things we learned from Homer Simpson's live Q&A

Mail:
MAC ON...Old Trafford's bomb fiasco that caused Man United stadium to be evacuated

Guardian Sport:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Seriously why is the guardian sport author such a massive nerd? It's like some weird webcomic with football jokes thrown in.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Aren't all cartoonists massive nerds? It's either that or weird as all hell which might be the same thing anyway.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
I don't give a poo poo about football but the guardian sport is consistently the best thing posted in this thread.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Fans posted:

Aren't all cartoonists massive nerds? It's either that or weird as all hell which might be the same thing anyway.

But, like, especially the guardian sport, because it's a bunch of nerdy references with also some football in it. I shouldn't be so entertained by something I know next to nothing about.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

OwlFancier posted:

But, like, especially the guardian sport, because it's a bunch of nerdy references with also some football in it. I shouldn't be so entertained by something I know next to nothing about.

Agreed. I don't know a thing about football but the Guardian Sport almost makes me want to.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Cameron and Johnson's EU sparring – Boris Johnson has said it is difficult to guarantee the EU question will be settled for ever by the referendum, even though David Cameron has ruled out the idea of a second poll" After Gustave Dore.

Telegraph:

Queen's Speech: Prison shake-up at heart of new laws

Independent:

Nigel Farage: Narrow Remain win may lead to second referendum

Times:

Bonus Spectator:

Mail:
Mac on... The world's biggest cruise ship

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Worth noting that they're in the part of hell reserved for traitors. Specifically traitors to political entities (or possibly guests).

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Guavanaut posted:

Worth noting that they're in the part of hell reserved for traitors. Specifically traitors to political entities (or possibly guests).

It's also the lowest pit of hell, close to Satan, and it's notable for a bit of cannibalism too. Great choice by Steve Bell

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
In case anyone else was harbouring a morbid curiosity about just what exactly Rod "The Shabbiest Fucker" Liddle was on trial for, he's been suspended from Labour for being islamophobic in an article about antisemitism. :ironicat:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Queen's speech – David Cameron is seeking to look beyond divisions in the Conservative party over Europe by promising to ‘increase life chances’ through a programme of social reform in the Queen’s speech"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
Mac on...A spaceport for Cornwall

'I'm just popping out m'dear. Is there anything you want in Australia?'

Guardian Australian Sport:

Jarryd Hayne - Wikipedia

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the celebrity injunction ruling – The supreme court has extended the interim privacy injunction preventing identification of a celebrity"

Like Martin Rowson? Near London soon? Check out his retrospective at the Ladywell Gallery!

Telegraph:

Independent:

After Gillray.

The i paper:

Tobacco laws: Bid to overturn packaging rules dismissed

Times:

Buckingham Palace wall scaled by convicted killer

Mail:
Mac on... celebrity injunctions

'Good decision, old chap. Everyone's entitled to a bit of privacy.'

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
gently caress off Mac.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Wait isn't that almost exactly the same as the one where the guy calls his wife about something from a room full of ladies?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

OwlFancier posted:

Wait isn't that almost exactly the same as the one where the guy calls his wife about something from a room full of ladies?

I can remember at least three cartoons like that. Mac loves drawing pretty ladies.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Sticking it to judges and our libel laws is not worthy of a gently caress you. I mean, it's not a good cartoon but hey ho.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Mr. Squishy posted:

Sticking it to judges and our libel laws is not worthy of a gently caress you. I mean, it's not a good cartoon but hey ho.
He's not sticking it to anyone, it's just another part of the ongoing press tantrum about this celebrity threesome thing.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the EU referendum – New plain packs for cigarettes feature gory photographs of diseased organs – but the dire warnings issued by those who want to leave and remain in the EU are even scarier"

Telegraph:

Benedict Cumberbatch and Paloma Faith among 250 stars backing EU

Independent:

After Matisse.

Times:

NHS in England reveals £2.45bn record deficit

Stephen Collins:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Cloud Potato posted:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the EU referendum – New plain packs for cigarettes feature gory photographs of diseased organs – but the dire warnings issued by those who want to leave and remain in the EU are even scarier"
I wondered why he'd done them the color of pre-war Luckies, but it turns out that's what they're actually going to look like. When I heard 'plain packaging' I automatically assumed white or brown. Any idea why they're going with olive green?

Apparently they're going to ban slim cigarettes too, and I have no idea why.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda
I'd start smoking if there was a cartoon of that cartoon Gove putting out a cigarette on Cam's hand on the pack. He's adorable (unlike real Gove)

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Guavanaut posted:

I wondered why he'd done them the color of pre-war Luckies, but it turns out that's what they're actually going to look like. When I heard 'plain packaging' I automatically assumed white or brown. Any idea why they're going with olive green?

British racing green?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Does that mean that British race cars could never go back to being plain and green because they'd be carrying a tobacco advert?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Guavanaut posted:

Apparently they're going to ban slim cigarettes too, and I have no idea why.

Several possible reasons. Slim cigarettes are becoming popular in some parts of the world. As part of an incrementalist attempt to stop nicotine use altogether, ending a more popular category of product would make sense. Slims have also been marketed as healthier, and there's been some research suggesting something about their structure actually increases harms of smoking- though I've not seen the research in detail myself. It's akin to the "low tar" and montholated cigarette categories.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Have menthols ever been allowed to claim health benefits over standard? Pretty sure the advertising rules came into place before they were mainstream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

Guavanaut posted:

Any idea why they're going with olive green?

It's apparently the least appealing colour they could find