Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Goons were posting about golf greenery instead of watching this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Pawn 17 posted:

They are "looking forward to working with the new government" :lol:

Germstore posted:

I speak weasel. That statement translates to "oh poo poo- oh poo poo- oh poo poo!"

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

When does Somalia get to host something other than army rangers?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

mikemil828 posted:

To be honest the golf course is probably going to be one of the only facilities built for these olympics that is going to eventually break even financially, that's likely why they brought the sport back.

lol, they are turning the golf course into a park as soon as the Olympics are done. And the company contracted to build the golf course, gets to use the land surrounding it to build condos that nobody will want to live in because Rio will be in a civil war.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
the sand trap will be filled with mines.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

hemophilia posted:

It makes perfect sense that a committee comprised of oligarchs would think that golf qualifies as an olympic sport. Up there with dressage for Retard poo poo For Bougie Scum, but at least dessage is sort of cool like they're making a horse dance lmao

I mean dressage at least has a martial history since it derives from fighting on horseback. Golf is just plain boring as well as lame

Like I guess you can say actually playing golf is a good excuse to drink outside but pro golf is pretty worthless

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/2016/05/10/alex-morgan-uswnt-olympics-zika-virus-concern

quote:

“The Zika virus is definitely a concern. You don't know how long the virus lasts in your system, and that's an issue for someone who's trying to get pregnant,” Morgan told Health. “I am concerned, but I really do trust the International Olympic Committee about traveling in Brazil. It is kind of scary.”
well, you don't make an olympic team by having a strong brain

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

hemophilia posted:

It makes perfect sense that a committee comprised of oligarchs would think that golf qualifies as an olympic sport. Up there with dressage for Retard poo poo For Bougie Scum, but at least dessage is sort of cool like they're making a horse dance lmao

Bring back poetry and architecture back to the Olympics I say.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

happyhippy posted:

Motor boat racing is an original sport in the modern Olympics. It should have never been taken from us.

Imagine how much fecal harbor water you could spew on an audience of cola execs with the power of 15 barely-conforming race spec boats behind you.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

shadow puppet of a posted:

Motor boat racing is an original sport in the modern Olympics. It should have never been taken from us.

Imagine how much fecal harbor water you could spew on an audience of cola execs with the power of 15 barely-conforming race spec boats behind you.

What kind of performance enhancing drugs would you take to drive a motorboat?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Ivor Biggun posted:

What kind of performance enhancing drugs would you take to drive a motorboat?

Cocaine

How is that even a question?

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
I hang my head in shame

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Sorry for the article in Portuguese, but they have decided to send the army to occupy six slums close to main avenues in Rio in order to prevent incidents. Do note that it is usually the military police that does this sort of occupation.

Also the new Minister of Justice has characterized all protests from the left as acts of guerrilla. He's most recently known for authorizing the use of lethal force to remove students occupying a school.

I am going to put my Olympics official death toll at 37.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

happyhippy posted:

For real, there needs to be a clean sweep and a reversion back to ancient Olympics. We can start by forcing all IOC officials to compete in gladiatorial games.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

I sao paulo down at the pool. Looks like MRSA took his nips.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

We need some rules re: an Olympic death count; e.g. does it count if a tourist dies from SupergonoherpesyphilliZikAIDS contracted in Brazil, but they die 2 weeks later in their home country?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I say absolutely

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.

ZearothK posted:

Sorry for the article in Portuguese, but they have decided to send the army to occupy six slums close to main avenues in Rio in order to prevent incidents. Do note that it is usually the military police that does this sort of occupation.

Also the new Minister of Justice has characterized all protests from the left as acts of guerrilla. He's most recently known for authorizing the use of lethal force to remove students occupying a school.

I wonder if the sounds of gunfire and street to street fighting throughout the night will ever interrupt the neverending orgy going on at the athlete apartments.

Do Rio citizens killed in street violence in slums near the Olympics count towards the death toll?

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what

Mange Mite posted:

I mean dressage at least has a martial history since it derives from fighting on horseback. Golf is just plain boring as well as lame

Like I guess you can say actually playing golf is a good excuse to drink outside but pro golf is pretty worthless

Golf got incredibly popular when tiger was good then when he got injured and started sucking it went on a steady decline

I play golf a lot but I'd never sit down and watch that poo poo

Smoking_Dragon
Dec 12, 2001

WOE UNTO THEE
Pillbug

Turd Burglar posted:

Golf got incredibly popular when tiger was good then when he got injured and started sucking it went on a steady decline

I play golf a lot but I'd never sit down and watch that poo poo

By injured you mean beat up by his ex, right?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Adventure Pigeon posted:

I wonder if the sounds of gunfire and street to street fighting throughout the night will ever interrupt the neverending orgy going on at the athlete apartments.

Did it interrupt them when all the dogs were being killed in Sochi?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

ZearothK posted:

I don't think you can count non olympic watchers / participants in the toll. They're just collateral damage that would have died one way or another down the line.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.

happyhippy posted:

Did it interrupt them when all the dogs were being killed in Sochi?

I like to think that many of the athletes were secretly killed and replaced by Sochi dogs, rather than the dogs being purged

And no, it won't interrupt them. They'll continue to gently caress like rabbits, get Zika, produce small brained physically superior Zika babies, and thus will begin the rise of the super mutant.s

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
The only people who should count in the death toll are spectators, staff, and competitors. People protesting outside are irrelevant.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
So whats the story on the orgy camp? How did this come about?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Microwaves Mom posted:

http://time.com/7554/a-brief-history-of-sex-at-the-olympics/

Competitors at the start of the event have gently caress all to do as they have to wait and stay for the closing cermony.
And so they gently caress like Amish teenagers at first modern world dance.

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

Smoking_Dragon posted:

By injured you mean beat up by his ex, right?

Nah he was poo poo before that

Messed up his knee. Now it's his back.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Microwaves Mom posted:

You remember college spring break? Where everyone is getting drunk and loving?

Now imagine a month long spring break, where everyone is drunk and there are literally zero fatties.

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

Madcosby posted:

You remember college spring break? Where everyone is getting drunk and loving?

Now imagine a month long spring break, where everyone is drunk and there are literally zero fatties.

Someone never watched the women's weightlifting

Tons of fatstrong chick's there

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Turd Burglar posted:

thats why ive never watched it

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Turd Burglar posted:

Completely my poo poo

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Turd Burglar posted:

But their assholes would be sooooooo tight.

Q. Can we assume the gold weightlifting winner has a tighter rear end in a top hat than the silver, and silver tighter than bronze?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

MeatwadIsGod posted:

For real, there needs to be a clean sweep and a reversion back to ancient Olympics. We can start by forcing all IOC officials to compete in gladiatorial games.

Bring Back Nude Olympics

especially figure skating and the other ones where they spin around a lot

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Bring Back Nude Olympics

especially figure skating and the other ones where they spin around a lot

dude those skaters are like 12 years old

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Darth123123 posted:

noooooo don't start the underage sex derail again

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

Darth123123 posted:

Lmao

Wtf dude

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Darth123123 posted:

I don't think that's actually true for figure skaters.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Darth123123 posted:

What's your beef with anime?

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Bring Back Nude Olympics