Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005

nitrogen posted:

Amazon Women on the Moon has a few brief scenes like that.

It's a very small part of a very ADHD comedy. It's quite dated, being an early 80's movie.

EDIT: have another!

Is this the one where you're watching it from the point of view of somebody else who is watching it and changing channels?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Yes.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

nitrogen posted:

Amazon Women on the Moon has a few brief scenes like that.

It's a very small part of a very ADHD comedy. It's quite dated, being an early 80's movie.

It was actually 1987. Much of the dating is either intentional or caused by it strongly imitating the Kentucky Fried Movie, which was 1977.

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
Thinking of a drama from the 1970s. A woman has flashbacks/dreams where she travels into the past and meets a handsome man who was killed in a duel.After some research she finds that the reason he was killed was that someone sabotaged his pistol. It's definitely not Somewhere In Time--that was much later and had a different plot.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Macaroni posted:

Thinking of a drama from the 1970s. A woman has flashbacks/dreams where she travels into the past and meets a handsome man who was killed in a duel.After some research she finds that the reason he was killed was that someone sabotaged his pistol. It's definitely not Somewhere In Time--that was much later and had a different plot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Two_Worlds_of_Jennie_Logan

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Have two here:

First one, a horror.
Probably an Amityville version, but its a house horror movie where a mother meets her daughter at the front door, but the daughter is all wet and doesn't respond.
The daughter walks silently passed the mother, upstairs, and into a room.
Then the mother hears of some commotion outside, looks out and theres a lake beside the house and theres a few at the edge pulling out someone.
Turns out its the daughter.

Second, an 80s Barbarian movie.
I have little recollection of this, but it involves someone being tied upside down above a pit of stakes.
Then the rope is set on fire and they struggle to get out.
The first person fails it, and you see them in the pit stakes sticking through them.
The second one manages to escape, I forget how.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

happyhippy posted:

Have two here:

First one, a horror.
Probably an Amityville version, but its a house horror movie where a mother meets her daughter at the front door, but the daughter is all wet and doesn't respond.
Then the mother hears of some commotion outside, looks out and theres a lake beside the house and theres a few at the edge pulling out someone.

Second, an 80s Barbarian movie.
I have little recollection of this, but it involves someone being tied upside down above a pit of stakes.
Then the rope is set on fire and they struggle to get out.
The first person fails it, and you see them in the pit stakes sticking through them.
The second one manages to escape, I forget how.

Is the second one "the Barbarians" from 1987?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

oldpainless posted:

Is the second one "the Barbarians" from 1987?

Nah, its not as comical as Barbarians, its more gory from what I remember.

Heem
Jun 2, 2013

happyhippy posted:

First one, a horror.

This is Amityville 3-D.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
What is this from

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln
I think that's from Doctor Who. Looks like the scene when Wilfred says goodbye to the 10th Doctor before he regenerates.

ProfessorMurder fucked around with this message at 02:00 on May 13, 2016

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

ProfessorMurder posted:

I think that's from Doctor Who. Looks like the scene when Wilfred says goodbye to the 10th Doctor before he regenerates.

Hmm. I thought it looked familiar, but I've never seen Dr. Who. I'll take your word for it.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

morestuff posted:

What is this from

That's me reading all your posts

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

As well as my own

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
That's it, thank you!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Heem posted:

This is Amityville 3-D.

Brilliant, thanks.
That scene was really unnerving first I saw it.

RODNEY THE RACEHOR
Jan 1, 2016

i hope my friend dahmer has a happy ending

Which Film is this Capture Series referring to?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

RODNEY THE RACEHOR posted:

Which Film is this Capture Series referring to?

Angry Birds

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Someone is traveling across country and they can't get a lift or their vehicle breaks down or something, and there's a chunk of the film where they camp out for a while in a tent in someone's yard. For the longest time I thought I was remembering The Straight Story, but I just rewatched it and that's not it, so now I'm confused.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

happyhippy posted:

Nah, its not as comical as Barbarians, its more gory from what I remember.

I don't remember the name for sure but am almost certain this was a David Carradine New Concorde/New Horuzons flick, so maybe one of the 80s fantasy movies here:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Concorde

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
There's a middling late-90s/early-2000s crime movie with a running gag where everyone keeps hitting a black law enforcement agent on the head, thinking they've knocked him out instantly. Concussions don't work that way, so he's actually just faking and gets up rolling his eyes as soon as his attacker leaves. As I recall it was the only good part of that movie, but I thought it was pretty funny and keep telling people about it.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

There's this gif I've seen, and I even saw a YouTube clip with audio (the context was a joke about how Hillary and Trump are both terrible), of a caveman-type white guy with arrows stuck in both of his legs and he keeps alternately screaming at either one. What movie is this, and is it any good? (I usually find comedies just plain stupid and unfunny but that gif makes me think it might be worth watching.)

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Friar Zucchini posted:

There's this gif I've seen, and I even saw a YouTube clip with audio (the context was a joke about how Hillary and Trump are both terrible), of a caveman-type white guy with arrows stuck in both of his legs and he keeps alternately screaming at either one. What movie is this, and is it any good? (I usually find comedies just plain stupid and unfunny but that gif makes me think it might be worth watching.)

i love you friar

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Friar Zucchini posted:

This kinda sounds like The Flintstones (1994) cuz of the caveman guy.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Or that bit with the spears in Ace Ventura 2

http://youtu.be/JEmklTvAkbM

morestuff fucked around with this message at 16:52 on May 28, 2016

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

morestuff posted:

Or that bit with the spears in Ace Ventura 2

http://youtu.be/JEmklTvAkbM

That's what dude's request made me think of, thanks.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

That's what dude's request made me think of, thanks.

If you liked Ace, Ace 2 is not bad. It suffers from the typical comedy sequel disease where they're compelled to riff on the first movie's memes there's still good stuff there but it's not as tight as Ace 1

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

The main problem with ace Ventura 2 is that Ace is just a straight up rear end in a top hat in it. He was kind of annoying in 1 but in 2 he is unlikable.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Ape Agitator posted:

If you liked Ace, Ace 2 is not bad. It suffers from the typical comedy sequel disease where they're compelled to riff on the first movie's memes there's still good stuff there but it's not as tight as Ace 1

Oh, I don't need an excuse to watch the Ace movies again, meaning that I never plan on it. The kind of stuff I found funny when I was 12 is much different than now. I know that makes me sound all :smug: but it's true.

Dumb and Dumber, however, still holds up, and is maybe even better after all these years. Truly his best comedy.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

oldpainless posted:

The main problem with ace Ventura 2 is that Ace is just a straight up rear end in a top hat in it. He was kind of annoying in 1 but in 2 he is unlikable.

It is different, like he doesn't have any friends in 2 like Tone Loc. But him being an rear end in a top hat makes the village trials work better. The shift from getting away with everything to failing like the rhino hide works best with an rear end in a top hat protagonist I think.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Neo Rasa posted:

I don't remember the name for sure but am almost certain this was a David Carradine New Concorde/New Horuzons flick, so maybe one of the 80s fantasy movies here:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Concorde

The Warrior and the Sorceress?

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I just got done watching The Revenant and I feel like I've seen a movie that was partially similar to it (no, it wasn't Man in the Wilderness). Similar Western frontier landscape setting, some guys are carrying some type of treasure (maybe gold?) trying to get back to civilization. One or maybe two of them double-cross and incapacitate their guide. He/they tell the rest of them he's dead and they continue on. They journey for days (I think over some snowy mountains too) but I think the party eventually fragments and they all end up dying. I think the guide ends up dying too from the injuries they gave him. I don't know how old; safely from the 70s to early 90s.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Oh, I don't need an excuse to watch the Ace movies again, meaning that I never plan on it. The kind of stuff I found funny when I was 12 is much different than now. I know that makes me sound all :smug: but it's true.

Dumb and Dumber, however, still holds up, and is maybe even better after all these years. Truly his best comedy.

Dumb and Dumber is definitely his best comedy, but I recently watched The Cable Guy again and it does hold up well. His predictions are even kinda true. I have played Mortal Kombat online with a guy in Vietnam.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
His best movie is actually Me, Myself and Irene.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
A movie with a scene soon after some guy has murdered another guy's wife via an arrangement with him. Apparently this was a misunderstanding and he was not supposed to do this. The two guys argue about it but the husband doesn't seem particularly upset and it's played for laughs. Can't remember if the movie is actually meant to be a straight up comedy or not.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Could be Fargo. Steve Buscemi kidnaps a woman by arrangement with her husband, but it's her father he gets in an argument with.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

TheBizzness posted:

His best movie is actually Me, Myself and Irene.

It's actually Earth Girls are Easy.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Neo Rasa posted:

A movie with a scene soon after some guy has murdered another guy's wife via an arrangement with him. Apparently this was a misunderstanding and he was not supposed to do this. The two guys argue about it but the husband doesn't seem particularly upset and it's played for laughs. Can't remember if the movie is actually meant to be a straight up comedy or not.

Throw Momma from the Train?

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

david_a posted:

I just got done watching The Revenant and I feel like I've seen a movie that was partially similar to it (no, it wasn't Man in the Wilderness). Similar Western frontier landscape setting, some guys are carrying some type of treasure (maybe gold?) trying to get back to civilization. One or maybe two of them double-cross and incapacitate their guide. He/they tell the rest of them he's dead and they continue on. They journey for days (I think over some snowy mountains too) but I think the party eventually fragments and they all end up dying. I think the guide ends up dying too from the injuries they gave him. I don't know how old; safely from the 70s to early 90s.
Treasure of the Sierra Madre?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Runcible Cat posted:

Treasure of the Sierra Madre?
It was in color.

However I'm not so sure about the Western timeframe anymore - it could have been earlier too. I'm not entirely sure I didn't imagine the entire thing honestly.