Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aragaith
Jul 26, 2006

Kirisame Marisa.
In space.
Help.
Local store is doing their regional this saturday, looking for some feedback on this list. Ran a similar list(change outmaneuver to PTL) at a local tournament a little while back and did ok, just got destroyed by triple u-boat one round and some bad maneuvering in another. Main plan has usually been get ships stuck in asteroids then ac-130(hard 1 turns forever) the falcon while PTL'ing focus/evade and blow everything up with a flanking poe.

Han Solo (46)
Push the Limit (3)
Kanan Jarrus (3)
Chewbacca (4)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Millennium Falcon (1)

Poe Dameron (31)
Outmaneuver (3)
R5-P9 (3)
Autothrusters (2)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Strobe posted:

Try to focus fire, yes. In a game against XXX, first blood generally wins.

Kilo147 posted:

So, focus everything I got at Wedge as soon as I can, the hell with everything else, at least initially? Remember, that was my third game ever. Just learning where I'll end up turns is a challenge.

Yeah, pretty much. It's not that you made a mistake necessarily, could just have been crappy dice on your part too. Focus firing where possible is generally the best strategy you can do, and moving to deny/gain those types of shots is one of the big things you learn as you play. With the new title on the Defenders, they're pretty much going to shrug off the first attack against them each turn.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

The Gate posted:

There's nothing Imperials can do to prevent the enemy from focus firing however. It's the big weakness for Defenders, that they're predictable, and they live and die on that and their high HP.

I can work hard at forcing a bump. I can disengage. I don't see how it's predictable if I peel off behind a rock to let my other ships take potshots from the flank (a T-65 might move second but can't reposition generally speaking) vs doing something like a 5 green K turn. Pretty good chance one ship bumps into the back of me or flies past me if they don't I still roll four green dice with an evade and a focus and haven't taken a stress. I can also use high PS pilots besides the defender to force tougher choices.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Chemmy posted:

I can work hard at forcing a bump. I can disengage. I don't see how it's predictable if I peel off behind a rock to let my other ships take potshots from the flank (a T-65 might move second but can't reposition generally speaking) vs doing something like a 5 green K turn. Pretty good chance one ship bumps into the back of me or flies past me if they don't I still roll four green dice with an evade and a focus and haven't taken a stress. I can also use high PS pilots besides the defender to force tougher choices.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing dude, but the Defender has a fairly straightforward dial and no boost. There's only so many places you can go generally. The state of the board tells you what's going to happen most times. Being unpredictable is good, but the Defender is like the least unpredictable fighter the Imps have

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

The Gate posted:

I'm not saying it's a bad thing dude, but the Defender has a fairly straightforward dial and no boost. There's only so many places you can go generally. The state of the board tells you what's going to happen most times. Being unpredictable is good, but the Defender is like the least unpredictable fighter the Imps have

I could always do a hard turn to confuse the gently caress out of him.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
I had a great game with siggy2021 who was a very good sport about me wrecking Tabletop Simulator and forgetting my abilities like a scrub. We had a very equal opening joust but on the second turn of the engagement his Poe and Wedge both lost their actions to a bump jam :(

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Anyone hit up Genesis, Mox, Zulu's or Card Kingdom in the Seattle area? I want to learn from some people that have experience.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Garven, Hobbie and Porkins pulled out a win against Poe, Corran and a Prototype. My opponent is only a few weeks into the hobby so his Poe and Corran weren't as efficient as they could have been. I really love the synergy and stress removal in this list. Garven is the weak link but his ability enables Hobbie to TL/Focus. Only lost Garven to a range 1 Poe with no shields left.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Kilo147 posted:

Anyone hit up Genesis, Mox, Zulu's or Card Kingdom in the Seattle area? I want to learn from some people that have experience.

Corbeau and I meet at Card Kingdom most Thursdays around 6 or so.

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010

General Battuta posted:

I had a great game with siggy2021 who was a very good sport about me wrecking Tabletop Simulator and forgetting my abilities like a scrub. We had a very equal opening joust but on the second turn of the engagement his Poe and Wedge both lost their actions to a bump jam :(

Game went, maybe better than I expected? Like I said, prior to you I had never played with anyone aside from friends that had never played before. It was a good learning experience and it was over quickly.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

siggy2021 posted:

Game went, maybe better than I expected? Like I said, prior to you I had never played with anyone aside from friends that had never played before. It was a good learning experience and it was over quickly.

Yeah, it was a pretty clean game. You had a great grasp of the rules. The one thing I feel bad about is bringing a TLT to fight a man who nobly insisted on playing only with cards you own. Fighting TLTs without autothrusters is just so brutal.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Tekopo posted:

They originally made the stupid ruling for range 3 autothrusters, then they reversed the stupid ruling. Because it was stupid.

Well they certainly succeeded in making me look stupid ITT :v:

Smegmalicious
Mar 13, 2002

I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence.

Some Numbers posted:

Corbeau and I meet at Card Kingdom most Thursdays around 6 or so.

Which guys are you? Is one of you the guy with the cat with fairy wings?

ZenMastaT
Apr 4, 2005

I dun shot my dick off
I've been working with a Canadian guy to do some commission painting for X-Wings lately and thought I'd post some of them here, since I think they came out pretty good. He did some work with me on a pair of Armada fleets which were really nice and he's crazy enough to basically just charge for supplies and donate all the time it takes which is awesome for my budget haha

Four rusted up TIE Fighters with colored viewports and other details:

Dagger Sqn and a Gray Sqn B-Wing:

A cool modified E-Wing:

A really neat WWII bomber inspired K-Wing:

A neat red YT-1300 which is similar to an Armada paint job he did for me:

Phoenix Sqn and Sabine's TIE from Star Wars: Rebels:

A Red Sqn Y-Wing:

And "Red Ace" T70:

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

ZenMastaT posted:

I've been working with a Canadian guy to do some commission painting for X-Wings lately and thought I'd post some of them here, since I think they came out pretty good. He did some work with me on a pair of Armada fleets which were really nice and he's crazy enough to basically just charge for supplies and donate all the time it takes which is awesome for my budget haha

These are all ridiculous good. Goddamn I want that phoenix squadron + Sabine's masterpiece.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Holy poo poo those are all really good and I especially like the K-Wang repaint.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

That Red Ace scheme is amazing as well.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Smegmalicious posted:

Which guys are you? Is one of you the guy with the cat with fairy wings?

We're the two guys who usually set up on the small table by the window.

Smegmalicious
Mar 13, 2002

I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence.

Some Numbers posted:

We're the two guys who usually set up on the small table by the window.

I've been in a few times to watch. I generally stand around and make small talk. If you see a bigger guy with no hair complaining about how I can't fly wangs because running my gym keeps me late, that's me.

Next week or the week after I'm going to try to actually play.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

ZenMastaT posted:

[amazing wangs]

Brb killing myself due to inadequacy.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Corbeau and I only got one game in tonight, but it was a good one.

Tempest Squadron Pilot (21)
Cluster Missiles (4)
Accuracy Corrector (0)
Guidance Chips (0)
TIE/x1 (0)

Cluster Missiles (4)
Accuracy Corrector (0)
Guidance Chips (0)
TIE/x1 (0)

Cluster Missiles (4)
Accuracy Corrector (0)
Guidance Chips (0)
TIE/x1 (0)

Omicron Group Pilot (21)
Tractor Beam (1)
Darth Vader (3)

vs

Rey (45)
Push the Limit (3)
Kanan Jarrus (3)
Gunner (5)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Millennium Falcon (TFA) (1)

Poe Dameron (PS9) (33)
Lone Wolf (2)
R5-P9 (3)
Integrated Astromech (0)
Black One (1)

I started by flying my Shuttle off in the wrong direction and spent half the game trying to get anything in its arc.

A Falcon with PtL and Boost is really hard to pin down, but I found a turn with a TIE Adv pointing at it with a Target Lock and dumped 5 Cluster Missile hits onto its hull. I finally managed to get my Shuttle pointed the right way and forced Rey to bump a TIE and she JUST missed killing the Shuttle. I Tractored her and used Vader to sacrifice the Shuttle and set up Rey to get Accuracy Corrected to death.

That's when everything fell apart, because despite ridiculously consistent damage output, Lone Wolf Poe is insanely durable. I was incredibly aggressive, K-Turning like mad and doing everything I could to keep him in arc and throw four damage at him every single turn and each time, he'd take one point and recover it. Obviously I needed to force a bump, but that's something I'm still not super good at.

After the game, we agreed that Accuracy Corrector is great, Gunner did basically nothing and C-3PO is stupid good on a Falcon.

I need to learn to fly my Shuttle better.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
It was a fun and good game.

In terms of specific changes, I'd try this next time:

Rey (45)
Push the Limit (3)
Kanan Jarrus (3)
C-3PO (3)
Engine Upgrade (4)

Poe Dameron (PS9) (33)
Lone Wolf (2)
R5-P9 (3)
Autothrusters (2)
Black One (1)

e: I'd also be tempted to play Kyle Katarn instead of 3PO, but the robot is real strong.

Corbeau fucked around with this message at 09:47 on May 13, 2016

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Corbeau posted:

It was a fun and good game.

In terms of specific changes, I'd try this next time:

Rey (45)
Push the Limit (3)
Kanan Jarrus (3)
C-3PO (3)
Engine Upgrade (4)

Poe Dameron (PS9) (33)
Lone Wolf (2)
R5-P9 (3)
Autothrusters (2)
Black One (1)

e: I'd also be tempted to play Kyle Katarn instead of 3PO, but the robot is real strong.

Could someone post link to the Rey release? I missed it in the fast moving thread.

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/5/4/these-are-your-first-steps/

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Aragaith posted:

Local store is doing their regional this saturday, looking for some feedback on this list. Ran a similar list(change outmaneuver to PTL) at a local tournament a little while back and did ok, just got destroyed by triple u-boat one round and some bad maneuvering in another. Main plan has usually been get ships stuck in asteroids then ac-130(hard 1 turns forever) the falcon while PTL'ing focus/evade and blow everything up with a flanking poe.

Han Solo (46)
Push the Limit (3)
Kanan Jarrus (3)
Chewbacca (4)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Millennium Falcon (1)

Poe Dameron (31)
Outmaneuver (3)
R5-P9 (3)
Autothrusters (2)

I'd swap Han for Chewie. Han is not terrible useful with the Kanan-Kyle combo, because you'll have target lock pretty much always. So unless you're terribly concerned about pilot skill, Chewie's extra durability is a better choice.

Also I'm not sure that Outmaneuver isn't a Bad Card, I'd consider swapping it for VI on Poe.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I got surprised last night and found out that my store is holding a spring tournament tomorrow. I've never played in a tournament and a lot of my lists require buying stuff, so I think I'm going to try out this:

Omega Squadron Pilot (17)
Juke (2)
Comm Relay (3)

Juke (2)
Comm Relay (3)

Juke (2)
Comm Relay (3)

Carnor Jax (26)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Hull Upgrade (3)
Shield Upgrade (4)
Royal Guard TIE (0)

Jax's build is mostly based on cards I own and because I want him up in ships' faces to turn them off.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Maybe upgrade one f/o to o'leader and downgrade the other to generic blocker?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I love Omega Leader, don't get me wrong, but I also love Juke redundancy and I'm not sure I want to lose a Juke.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Some Numbers posted:

I got surprised last night and found out that my store is holding a spring tournament tomorrow. I've never played in a tournament and a lot of my lists require buying stuff, so I think I'm going to try out this:

Juke (2)
Comm Relay (3)

Juke (2)
Comm Relay (3)

Juke (2)
Comm Relay (3)

Carnor Jax (26)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Hull Upgrade (3)
Shield Upgrade (4)
Royal Guard TIE (0)

Jax's build is mostly based on cards I own and because I want him up in ships' faces to turn them off.

You could replace those 3 TIEs with the bog standard black crack mini-swarm, Howlrunner + 3 Black Sq all with Crack Shot... but then you'd have to buy a pile of Crack Shots, maybe.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Finster Dexter posted:

You could replace those 3 TIEs with the bog standard black crack mini-swarm, Howlrunner + 3 Black Sq all with Crack Shot... but then you'd have to buy a pile of Crack Shots, maybe.

Four Crack shots, as well as two more TIEs.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
I started a project.

I've never regretted buying any of my X-wing ships...until now. So much cutting :negative:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Some Numbers posted:

Juke (2)
Comm Relay (3)

Juke (2)
Comm Relay (3)

Juke (2)
Comm Relay (3)

Carnor Jax (26)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Hull Upgrade (3)
Shield Upgrade (4)
Royal Guard TIE (0)

Jax is sad like that. He could have PTL/AT/SD for that price.

If you can't use him with that combo he probably gets owned. Squints live and die by their actions, they need need need two of them.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Is PtL anywhere near as good on Jax as it is on Fel? I can probably borrow a Stealth Device.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Some Numbers posted:

Is PtL anywhere near as good on Jax as it is on Fel? I can probably borrow a Stealth Device.

PTL is so good on interceptors they should cost 3 points more and have it built-in. They need two actions.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
I keep wanting to run Omegas with Crack Shot and Weapons Guidance. 20 points each, and are roughly as effective as the Howlrunner Crack mini swarm. Less good when bumping, but superior if you can't be in a clump. Could also go with Predator too, I suppose. Really I just want a reason to use WG, since it's actually very good on 2 attack ships.

Most of the ace FO abilities supercede it though. O' Leader is in a relationship with Juke, Omega Ace really wants PtL, and Zeta Leader gets a third attack die which makes it less effective. Epsilon Ace would be a good fit though, hmm.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Is PtL/Targeting Computer/AT Fel better than PtL/SD/AT Jax?

Or PtL/TC/AT Jax for that matter?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Honestly in the current meta I would take Jax over Fel. Jax is able to shut down u-boats.

But honestly, my current plan is 'take both'.

I just need one more SD.

I'm inclined to say without Palp TC Fel is better than SD Fel, but that's specifically for a timed format. In an untimed game, SD every time. You can always kill people later.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I...could actually build two Interceptors. I have the PtLs, the titles and the ATs and I can borrow the Stealth Devices.

Ideally, what would the third ship be? I don't have access to Palpatine.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Some Numbers posted:

I...could actually build two Interceptors. I have the PtLs, the titles and the ATs and I can borrow the Stealth Devices.

Ideally, what would the third ship be?

Palpshuttle.

Or if you're feeling balsy, ATC Vader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I don't own a Raider.

• Locked thread