Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I don't have my original big grey Game Boy anymore and it really bothers me that I can't remember what happened to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

if you were to live in the world of donkey kong tropical freeze would you stay there in minutes or seconds or years

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

elf help book posted:

I don't have my original big grey Game Boy anymore and it really bothers me that I can't remember what happened to it.

My brother got mad at a game and slammed the screen into a table and tried to say the dog bit it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

smell this posted:

if you were to live in the world of donkey kong tropical freeze would you stay there in minutes or seconds or years

Depends: am I a human, rando animal that gets killed or a Kong? if I'm a human, can I conker the place with my superior brains or at least be accepted in this Utopian Kong-ciety?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Depends: am I a human, rando animal that gets killed or a Kong? if I'm a human, can I conker the place with my superior brains or at least be accepted in this Utopian Kong-ciety?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

smell this posted:

Living in the tropical freeze world would be disappointing because I would sign up to be a cool viking and go on a grand adventure full of conquest and plunder, but end up getting stuck working in the popsicle factory while the boss is a lazy polar bear that eats everything. Then a big monkey beats me up and I'm out of job cause the boss is dead, and then it gets really hot and humid all of the sudden.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

kong-ciety isn't a pun, you can't do that

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

codenameFANGIO posted:

My brother got mad at a game and slammed the screen into a table and tried to say the dog bit it.

PM me his address I'll kill him for you

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Waltzing Along posted:

Why do people buy a Wii U unless you plan on keeping it the rest of your life? And make sure you keep it in the event of a divorce.
I had a prenup drawn up purely for my WiiU.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Bury me with my copy of Splatoon

Devoyniche
Dec 21, 2008
So Im just spitballing ideas here but how did Nintendo not see that the obvious answer to rebooting Star Fox was to make it an online multiplayer Call of Duty sort of thing? Like you could keep the Star Fox 64 stuff single player campaign but instead of Star Fox Guard, put all that work into an online multiplayer mode where you get perks and ranks and have your k:d ratio and all that other spergy stuff that used to sell video games. Hell you could even keep the landmaster/chicken walker/gyro copter things and have either specific levels or specific goals for that level that involve protecting a player in that unit, or where every player is in that unit or something.

Like, it Would be a guaranteed sell for ever owner of a Wii U at that point, instead of being a flop that kills the series. How do you gently caress up that badly, Nintendo? Did you not learn from Splatoon?

Edit: Wait is this a serous thread about nerds sperging over video games or is it an "ironic:"thread where we post poopy dick butts about Nintendo babies?

Devoyniche fucked around with this message at 16:23 on May 13, 2016

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Devoyniche posted:

Edit: Wait is this a serous thread about nerds sperging over video games or is it an "ironic:"thread where we post poopy dick butts about Nintendo babies?

yes

I've had Tropical Freeze since it came with my WiiU when I bought it like a year and a half ago, and the only reason I ever opened it was to see if there was a Club Nintendo code inside. DKCR was one of the most infuriating games I've ever played and I have no desire to play the sequel.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Devoyniche posted:

So Im just spitballing ideas here but how did Nintendo not see that the obvious answer to rebooting Star Fox was to make it an online multiplayer Call of Duty sort of thing? Like you could keep the Star Fox 64 stuff single player campaign but instead of Star Fox Guard, put all that work into an online multiplayer mode where you get perks and ranks and have your k:d ratio and all that other spergy stuff that used to sell video games. Hell you could even keep the landmaster/chicken walker/gyro copter things and have either specific levels or specific goals for that level that involve protecting a player in that unit, or where every player is in that unit or something.

Like, it Would be a guaranteed sell for ever owner of a Wii U at that point, instead of being a flop that kills the series. How do you gently caress up that badly, Nintendo? Did you not learn from Splatoon?

The Starfox games were in development 2 years ago when Nintendo was going through that phase of "we need games to show off the unique features of the gamepad!"

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

SRM posted:

yes

I've had Tropical Freeze since it came with my WiiU when I bought it like a year and a half ago, and the only reason I ever opened it was to see if there was a Club Nintendo code inside. DKCR was one of the most infuriating games I've ever played and I have no desire to play the sequel.

Tropical Freeze is a billion times better than the first one and is GOTY 2014. You are doing yourself a disservice.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

SRM posted:

yes

That's a shame because while it is a harder game, it's also a much better one.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Devoyniche posted:

This is the worst post I have ever read.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Devoyniche posted:

How do you gently caress up that badly, Nintendo? Did you not learn from Splatoon?

You mean the multiplayer shooter with no LAN option and the ability to hex edit your gear?

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheKingofSprings posted:

I don't even want to play Tropical Freeze now and I'm on world 2

Play the drat game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

lynch_69 posted:

Lack of new games? They want to get some money out of it before Nintendo dumps it for good? They're not getting any use out of it and it's gathering dust? They can do something useful with that $100 they'll get out of it? Who cares.

It's like you're upset that other people don't have your level of fanboy enthusiasm for this system. People buy and sell consumer electronics all the time, don't take it as a personal insult.

For the love of god can we get a mod in this drat thread.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Dr Cheeto posted:

Bury me with my copy of Splatoon

Same, only it's a code that I've not put in yet because there's not enough space.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Takoluka posted:

You mean the multiplayer shooter with no LAN option and the ability to hex edit your gear?

Actually there is a LAN option, it's just that it's activated by network environment.

Also, don't hex edit your gear, unless you want your save files corrupted.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Devoyniche posted:

So Im just spitballing ideas here but how did Nintendo not see that the obvious answer to rebooting Star Fox was to make it an online multiplayer Call of Duty sort of thing?

They tried out multiplayer focus stuff with Assault and Command. But some people didn't like those games as much as 64, so Nintendo just scrapped the idea altogether instead of trying to iterate on it better (which they've done some other times as well).

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Star Fox Assault would actually make a really good next gen game and really good online multiplayer. I think the main thing holding it back was technical limitations, the levels just felt really small and cramped.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Takoluka posted:

Said in a world where some of the best guns in AAA shooter Battlefield 4 are obtained by just downloading somebody else's save with zero consequences or effort.

Besides, everybody knows your gear rolls don't matter, it's all about looking fresh, and you can't hack a sense of style into incorrect sadbrains.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Rexroom posted:

Actually there is a LAN option, it's just that it's activated by network environment.

Also, don't hex edit your gear, unless you want your save files corrupted.

You have to be online to play with offline friends, which is a bit of a problem.

As for editing gear, yes, don't do this. But there's still a guide for doing it, and it's being encouraged in higher-end play. You should focus on freshness, but some people focus on breaking rules to be "competitive".

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Takoluka posted:

You have to be online to play with offline friends, which is a bit of a problem.

Well, yes. But is that still a problem nowadays?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

splatoon is boring

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Super No Vacancy posted:

splatoon is boring

if you don't like fun games, yeah its boring

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Rexroom posted:

Well, yes. But is that still a problem nowadays?

It creates issues with tournament setup, especially in places with limited or no internet connectivity, discouraging general local tournament play.

Considering the rise of Splatoon's popularity in the competitive scene, it absolutely is a problem, albeit a much smaller one that people hacking "perfect gear".

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Takoluka posted:

It creates issues with tournament setup, especially in places with limited or no internet connectivity, discouraging general local tournament play.

Considering the rise of Splatoon's popularity in the competitive scene, it absolutely is a problem, albeit a much smaller one that people hacking "perfect gear".

Yeah, well that can be a problem.

But then again, I've grown sour over the whole eSports scene anyway, so eh.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I don't own a Wii U or splatoon but I would think that the fact that most of the people you're playing against are literal children would make it a little uncomfortable

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

literal children cant lift the wii u gamepad to play games its much too large

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

voltcatfish posted:

I don't own a Wii U or splatoon but I would think that the fact that most of the people you're playing against are literal children would make it a little uncomfortable

I guess that's why you don't play Call of Duty multiplayer. :v:

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

voltcatfish posted:

As a true gamer, I revel in the idea of crushing those smaller and weaker than I.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Sade posted:

As a true gamer, I revel in the idea of crushing those smaller and weaker than I.

This

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

voltcatfish posted:

I don't know which children are awake between 10 PM and 3AM in Japan, which is where almost everybody I play against still lives when I play during the day.

I'll concede that anybody with an English name has like a 70% chance of being a child. Also, I'm glad there's no voice chat because children are insufferable on comms. I used to play Fall of Cybertron's multiplayer, and any time there was a kid with mic on, they were in a room with like 10 other kids and a dog all flipping their poo poo, and somebody's mom yelling at them to watch the baby.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Oh cool they put me in #FE

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

majormonotone posted:

Oh cool they put me in #FE

For a second I thought you wrote that they put you OFF #FE and I was nodding approvingly to myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Renoistic posted:

For a second I thought you wrote that they put you OFF #FE and I was nodding approvingly to myself.

lmao nope

i'm super gay and they placed me into #FE as a character

I'm gonna buy this lovely anime waifu game and probably like it

• Locked thread