Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

Russia isnt really worse than the average european country when it comes down to freedom and human rights.

As long as you're a Real Russian, sure. Also not gay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

PT6A posted:

I think Dion has made the right choice in this case. It's unfortunate that we find ourselves in a situation where we must make this choice, but sadly Harper's mismanagement of our diplomatic relationship with certain countries means that our hand is forced, in a sense. An improving relationship with Russia is, frankly, more important than dealing with a few lovely criminals.

The hell are you going on about? Canada's still in the US's good graces, there's absolutely no reason to damage that by cozying up to Russia of all places. The US at least tries to honor agreements. Russia would screw you over at every turn.

Edit: You know what's worse than not getting your employer's stupid pipelines approved? Losing your diplomatic good-will and open border with the enormous trading partner that directly borders you.

Edit 2: Oh hey, looks like another mod had a tantrum and changed my name because I reported racist assholes.

A Shitty Reporter fucked around with this message at 16:12 on May 13, 2016

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

A lovely Reporter posted:

The hell are you going on about? Canada's still in the US's good graces, there's absolutely no reason to damage that by cozying up to Russia of all places. The US at least tries to honor agreements. Russia would screw you over at every turn.

Edit: You know what's worse than not getting your employer's stupid pipelines approved? Losing your diplomatic good-will and open border with the enormous trading partner that directly borders you.

Edit 2: Oh hey, looks like another mod had a tantrum and changed my name because I reported racist assholes.

Who were you before?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

bunnyofdoom posted:

Who were you before?

An Angry Bug / Meaty Martha / etc

He's new to the thread and very excited to shout about his moral correctness

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Brannock posted:

An Angry Bug / Meaty Martha / etc

He's new to the thread and very excited to shout about his moral correctness

He'll fit right in

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
An Angry Bug. It's probably Nostalgia 4 Infinity. He's been making annoyed posts whenever I report anything. For example, he said I was stupid for saying this:
was racist. He just shows up whenever I file a report and insults me. Dude's got the thinnest god drat skin in the world.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
thats what u get for snitching

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

[urk=http://www.ncparty.ca/index.html]So a manifesto from these folks ended up in my inbox, just incase you felt we needed a pure trump party[/url]

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Those guys have posted fliers here in Toronto on lampposts and such with rants about "expelling parasites" and such. In spite of some attempts to appear multicultural (like the Inuit stone thing in their logo) they're neo-Nazis.

edit: Oh poo poo they've changed the description on the website to be a lot more bold and now just come out and call themselves Nazis outright instead of trying to pretend otherwise

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Watch the National Post write an incredibly condescending, mansplaining editorial about how FPTP is totally the best you guys.

Holy poo poo is our right wing scared of being marginalized under a PR system.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

The Conservative party line is that our system works and it works very well - but it's also ridiculous and unfair that a party thinks it can just run the whole show having garnered only 39% of the popular vote :irony:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Warms my cold, dead heart.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

thats what u get for snitching

snitches get stitches

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Cultural Imperial posted:

At least Justin Trudeau is the most beautiful world leader

Only until prince Harry comes to power after his immediate superiors meet suspicious ends.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

bunnyofdoom posted:

[urk=http://www.ncparty.ca/index.html]So a manifesto from these folks ended up in my inbox, just incase you felt we needed a pure trump party[/url]

It's James Sears aka Dimitri the Lover. He's a grade A nutjob. In addition to his budding neo-nazism, he also gives $500 workshops on how to make women fall in love with you using PUA techniques.

I think his medical license was revoked for inappropriately touching patients too.

E: "I am incorruptible, uncompromising, tenacious, fanatical, loyal and unwavering in my devotion to the party’s platform. My depth of knowledge across a broad range of topics, combined with my linguistic mastery and public speaking abilities, enable me to effortlessly articulate and communicate the party’s platform, in language that the majority of people can grasp and be inspired by. I am so knowledgeable that I need not rely upon written notes, instead delivering speeches spontaneously with the ability to adapt content and delivery style to my audience’s minute-by-minute response. My debate skills have proven to be unrivalled. My mere presence in the proximity of an opponent will often turn them into a nervous wreck."

He's humble too!

Reince Penis fucked around with this message at 17:59 on May 13, 2016

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
http://ipolitics.ca/2016/05/12/postmedias-godfrey-makes-urgent-plea-for-government-help/

The comments for this :allears:

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
So I heard this morning that Trudeau visited Fort McMurray like people were whining he should. I'm assuming those people are now curiously silent?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Nope. Now they are bitching he didn't roll up his sleeves and personally fight the fire and help rebuild the town with his bare hands

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Oh right, forgot about doubling down.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Lots of people have a really hard time getting their heads around the idea that politicians are in management positions, which is why Rob Ford polled so well just because he answered phones and flailed about trying to personally solve problems for people.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

To paraphrase one of the choice ones: "The 2015 election will be remembered as the election Paul Godfrey soaked postmedia in gasoline and set a match to it. All for a token amount of revenue."

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive

A lovely Reporter posted:

An Angry Bug. It's probably Nostalgia 4 Infinity. He's been making annoyed posts whenever I report anything. For example, he said I was stupid for saying this:

was racist. He just shows up whenever I file a report and insults me. Dude's got the thinnest god drat skin in the world.

lmao

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive
i hope that edward cornwallis statue gets vandalized over and over again until halifax grudgingly removes it because it costs too goddamn much to keep it clean

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
http://www.ontla.on.ca/web/bills/bills_detail.do?locale=en&BillID=4016&isCurrent=false&detailPage=bills_detail_the_bill

quote:

EXPLANATORY NOTE
The Immunization of School Pupils Act is amended:
1. To require parents to complete an immunization education session before filing a statement of conscience or religious belief.
2. To expand the categories of persons who may provide statements regarding the administration of immunizing agents.
3. To require those who administer immunizing agents to provide information to the local medical officer of health.

This is good

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Countdown to the comparisons with abortion laws that require pregnant women to hear the heartbeat.

Also I'm pretty sure people who mistrust THE MAN and big pharma are well aware of the pro vaccination side's claims, they just choose not to listen because their heads are either in the sand or full of it.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Yeah the only workable solution is to make vaccines mandatory with exemption only for a narrow range of health reasons.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
i think it's hilarious we still let jehovas witnesses get away with abstaining from blood transfusions

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Cultural Imperial posted:

i think it's hilarious we still let jehovas witnesses get away with abstaining from blood transfusions

IDGAF if an adult wants to die (or more realistically, kill themselves by denying themselves care) but I thought the government can force kids to have life-saving care.

Tan Dumplord
Mar 9, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
CBC radio followed up a story about the TDSB replacing "penis" and "vagina" with "private parts" to appease religious parents with a straight-up Christian worship song on the afternoon drive.

Abolish the CBC.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

sliderule posted:

CBC radio followed up a story about the TDSB replacing "penis" and "vagina" with "private parts" to appease religious parents with a straight-up Christian worship song on the afternoon drive.

Abolish the CBC.

Sorry, that's awesome.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

BattleMaster posted:

IDGAF if an adult wants to die (or more realistically, kill themselves by denying themselves care) but I thought the government can force kids to have life-saving care.

if by force you mean do nothing then you are correct

have you loving gnats already forgotten about makayla sault

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

im the obviously mass-produced sign being held upside-down

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
ah yes i see the seeds of syrian refugee integration are already beginning to bear fruit

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

sliderule posted:

Abolish the CBC.

Was this As it Happens? Because I think you're missing the joke here.

Tan Dumplord
Mar 9, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Count Roland posted:

Was this As it Happens? Because I think you're missing the joke here.

Nope, Here and Now, following an interview with a TDSB rep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZyt5dSNcFo

The song was introduced as a song that teenagers liked. Gill Deacon noted after the track played that if you had teenagers in your car, your stock would have gone up with them. There was no mention whatsoever of the religious content of the song.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!

I feel sorry for his future students.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

sliderule posted:

The song was introduced as a song that teenagers liked. Gill Deacon noted after the track played that if you had teenagers in your car, your stock would have gone up with them. There was no mention whatsoever of the religious content of the song.

I hope you know this is off very popular rapper Chance the Rapper's new album that came out yesterday and not just some random Christian Prayer song lmao

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
as someone that's been posting on somethingawful for over 10 years, i expect you to understand what irony is by now

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
It's that thing that lets us use slurs, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brucio
Nov 22, 2004

sliderule posted:

lol are you a boomer? Chance is huge and his mixtape just came out today.

edit: so beaten