Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ScrubLeague

I don't know it's a solitaire horse racing game

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie

Shaquin posted:

you got a problem with suckin' brain?

uhhhhhhhhhh

Lastgirl

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
stellaris is good but im drunk :shobon:

so im playin ffx2 instead cos im a pretty gullwing~:h:

bare bottom pancakes

Production: Complete
on the one hand i largely prefer playing games on my pc
on the other, i already own X and X-2 on ps2

Shaquin

Lastgirl posted:

stellaris is good but im drunk :shobon:

so im playin ffx2 instead cos im a pretty gullwing~:h:

x-2 was so fuckin good

Macnult

Shaquin posted:

x-2 was so fuckin good

:agreed:

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

Scaly Haylie

FFX is okay but I feel like there's not enough love for the Japanese version of the laughing scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaDocsZkWK0&t=2m5s

Shaquin

Lizard Wizard posted:

FFX is okay but I feel like there's not enough love for the Japanese version of the laughing scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaDocsZkWK0&t=2m5s

i had forgotten how smokin' lulu was

Scaly Haylie

i bought Stellaris. it better be good.

Quidthulhu

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Lizard Wizard posted:

i did the same thing! can't wait to play!

FAT32 SHAMER

okay I have a Terraria server set up and I'll start hosting it sometime this weekend and we can all play together

the best part of terraria is being able to play characters on multiple servers

A Spider Covets

Lizard Wizard posted:

i desperately want to like this genre of game just for stellaris but it never clicks for me :( my power as a gamer is weak...

----------------

Scaly Haylie

A Spider Covets posted:

i desperately want to like this genre of game just for stellaris but it never clicks for me :( my power as a gamer is weak...

learning through several playthroughs is definitely a thing for the 4X genre, if my experience with Civ is any indication.

Shaquin

stellaris is incredibly user friendly probly their most user friendly yet. maybe not civ level basic but just as readable. From CK2 onwards most of the intimidation around their games being "Paradox" titles is a little baseless. It took like a day of loving around as some hedge king in Ireland in CK2 to have a basic understanding of the game that made me able to just gradually move forward and upwards in terms of size and scope etc.

Shaquin

A Spider Covets posted:

something that makes it fun for me is to try to adhere to the policies and decisions you might actually make as a Duke in Scotland or a Moorish Caliph or something. Sort of immerse yourself a bit and impose some limitations on gaminess.

Shaquin

i want to learn vicky 2 so i can finally do my La France CK2 -> EU4 -> Vic2 run

deep dish peat moss

I want to like Stellaris because on the surface it is my dream game but the complete lack of AI kills it for me, enemy empires stop expanding after grabbing 1-2 extra planets and they refuse to participate in diplomacy for the most part. You just build up passively until you can snowball through the galaxy because the AI doesn't even try to keep up. I can't wait for a mod or dlc or patch to fix it because all I've ever wanted out of Video Games is a singleplayer diplomacy-focused space 4x. I hope someone adds other important things too like auto-explore/auto-survey and auto-construct stations to remove the insane amount of micromanagement.

FAT32 SHAMER

Shakill OReal posted:

I want to like Stellaris because on the surface it is my dream game but the complete lack of AI kills it for me, enemy empires stop expanding after grabbing 1-2 extra planets and they refuse to participate in diplomacy for the most part. You just build up passively until you can snowball through the galaxy because the AI doesn't even try to keep up. I can't wait for a mod or dlc or patch to fix it because all I've ever wanted out of Video Games is a singleplayer diplomacy-focused space 4x. I hope someone adds other important things too like auto-explore/auto-survey and auto-construct stations to remove the insane amount of micromanagement.

have u tried Sins of a Solar Empire? it's pretty good but more RTSish and the AI routinely owns me, especially when you combine the pirate factions

Shaquin

Shakill OReal posted:

yeah the ai is dumb as hell but it'll get shaken out paradox at launch etc.

Scaly Haylie

Pastry of the Year posted:

this is the best reaction to being shot in any video game

Jolyne Cujoh

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
hello friends, while everyone is building space empires I have returned to driving a truck around california and nevada

trucking is chill and relaxing

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
My space empire is a dystopian hellhole where the UN finally took over.

----------------

Silver Alicorn

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

deep dish peat moss

Quidthulhu

fluffie! :ohdear:

Matoi Ryuko

Good for him.

Ostentatious

why are people that play overwatch so obsessed with widowmaker and tracer

Matoi Ryuko

Ostentatious posted:

I like mei cause she's the most overpowered.

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit
Roop

----------------

Ostentatious

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I like Lucio because one of his voice lines is a parappa the rapper reference

Macnult

I like Torbjörn because he's overpowered it's fun to build things by hitting them with a hammer.

Ostentatious posted:

Heal! Run! You gotta believe!

bare bottom pancakes

Production: Complete

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Ostentatious posted:

Macnult posted:

I like Torbjörn because he's overpowered it's fun to build things by hitting them with a hammer.

Heal! Run! You gotta believe!

I Love Lucy

Salmiakki

Ostentatious posted:

that games got good music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unwEMYh0H4I

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy

Ostentatious posted:

Zarya is my large gay jam

----------------

Quidthulhu

How come nobody add me on Hearthstone yet?????

Scaly Haylie

https://twitter.com/VGAdvisor/status/731923521585078272

Scaly Haylie

bootin' up stellaris right now

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat
Currently playing through Yume Nikki again. I'm always amazed at just how much thematic depth and subtlety this game has the deeper you go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie

hmm. i kinda like stellaris but gosh i have no idea what to do