Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

ullerrm posted:

Volley damage should be roughly the same if you're in siege; its ROF is what got murdered. Assuming you're using the same fit as me (3x CN BCS, Concord torp launchers):

Before: 108221 alpha / 10.6sec rof = 10214 dps
After: 110869 alpha / 14sec rof = 7914 dps

No different from any of the other dreads, really. My shield AC Naglfar went from 41578 alpha / 4.1sec = 10125 dps, to 30914 alpha / 3.9 sec = 8893 dps.

The real problem is that capitals can speedtank a Phoenix's torps if they have one of the new capital prop mods fitted, which is why my Phoenix is getting refitted with HAWs but my Naglfar is staying at 6x2500mm.

The volley damage in the tooltip said 117.000 but it was 65.000 against a Poco. The listed DPS is 8200 and used to be 12.000.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
the more and more i spend time in this thread the less and less i feel like a giant douchebag for slowly scamming this german kid 70 bil over the last like 8 months

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
I hear the cool thing to do with phoenixes is fit sensor boosters and volley jump freighters in ignoitton

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Zephyrine posted:

The volley damage in the tooltip said 117.000 but it was 65.000 against a Poco. The listed DPS is 8200 and used to be 12.000.

Poco signature radius: 4500 m
Faction XL torp explosion radius, before patch: 2250 m
Faction XL torp explosion radius, after patch: 7500 m

This is why people do not use Phoenixes for Poco bashing after the patch. Use a turret dread, or a subcap gang, for that poo poo.

e: Also, don't forget to get Rage torps for non-poco structure bashing. They'll do full damage to a medium or large stick.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 20:50 on May 13, 2016

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

ullerrm posted:

Poco signature radius: 4500 m
Faction XL torp explosion radius, before patch: 2250 m
Faction XL torp explosion radius, after patch: 7500 m

This is why people do not use Phoenixes for Poco bashing after the patch. Use a turret dread, or a subcap gang, for that poo poo.

e: Also, don't forget to get Rage torps for non-poco structure bashing. They'll do full damage to a medium or large stick.

The Poco is too small? :psyduck:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Zephyrine posted:

citidel missiles and torpedoes are crazy

there was a time that capital ships were too small if they happened to be moving, at all

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

gwrtheyrn posted:

I hear the cool thing to do with phoenixes is fit sensor boosters and volley jump freighters in ignoitton

I really don't understand how people lose jump freighters. I've been flying them for years, I am frequently lazy or inattentive, and yet i've never died in one. How hard is it to only cyno to undocks?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

evilweasel posted:

I really don't understand how people lose jump freighters. I've been flying them for years, I am frequently lazy or inattentive, and yet i've never died in one. How hard is it to only cyno to undocks?

Supposedly they're getting people because you don't lose lock going into siege or something. All of those kills were on the station

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
So did Levi dps go in the dumpster too?

Despera fucked around with this message at 21:06 on May 13, 2016

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

evilweasel posted:

hard

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011

gwrtheyrn posted:

Supposedly they're getting people because you don't lose lock going into siege or something. All of those kills were on the station

I'm assuming it's when undocking to warp to hisec? Wouldn't just docking back up when you see a dread sitting outside avoid this?

Edit: I guess if you bounce off station when jumping in they can get you quickly. But then you have a cyno there and can see the dread waiting already.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

gwrtheyrn posted:

...but why are you even there long enough to get locked and shot? Interesting though, I will need to look into this and see how they're pulling it off.

and then get my dread out of storage :getin:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Despera posted:

So did Levi dps go in the dumpster too?

right now i think if you want to blap you go with a ragnorak, which can reliably one-shot dictors :psyduck:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

rgocs posted:

I'm assuming it's when undocking to warp to hisec? Wouldn't just docking back up when you see a dread sitting outside avoid this?

Edit: I guess if you bounce off station when jumping in they can get you quickly. But then you have a cyno there and can see the dread waiting already.

For your lowsec/highsec gate, you should have cynoed onto a non-kickout station. If someone shows up on grid, you just immediately dock up.

I can see bouncing off a bad cyno, during the evac of delve i had a bad cyno spot i took a nasty bounce off once. Thankfully i managed to dock up shortly before exiting the docking ring but it was a

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009
they undock dreads from the same station the jf is leaving from and blap him while aligning. with a bit of luck the freighter dies in 1 volley.

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011

evilweasel posted:

...but why are you even there long enough to get locked and shot? Interesting though, I will need to look into this and see how they're pulling it off.

and then get my dread out of storage :getin:

Remember that event in which someone used one of the new TItan doomsdays to vaporize a fleet just as it was landing on a gate? Could this work if you park a Titan on the low-sec/hi-sec gate on a JF route and get a JF as it's coming out of warp?

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011

evilweasel posted:

I can see bouncing off a bad cyno, during the evac of delve i had a bad cyno spot i took a nasty bounce off once. Thankfully i managed to dock up shortly before exiting the docking ring but it was a

I always set destination to the station, jump and click autopilot, then proceed to mash "dock" button. I've bounced many times off station, but never gone out of docking range.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

People align to the high sec and then alt tab to read reddit or check Imgur. That's how Titan drivebys get people too.

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011

Zephyrine posted:

People align to the high sec and then alt tab to read reddit or check Imgur. That's how Titan drivebys get people too.

Oh, now I see Deadtear's strategy with posting all those cute dog videos. He's trying to get someone hooked on one just enough to forget about their undocked JF.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

rgocs posted:

Remember that event in which someone used one of the new TItan doomsdays to vaporize a fleet just as it was landing on a gate? Could this work if you park a Titan on the low-sec/hi-sec gate on a JF route and get a JF as it's coming out of warp?

can the aoe dds be used in lowsec

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

evilweasel posted:

this is the core issue with the game, that and interdiction nullification

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

no

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011

Pff... details.

But yeah, good point, CCP Fozzie says no:

CCP Fozzie , 17 days ago posted:

Superweapons that do AoE damage or drop a warp bubble will be limited to Nullsec at this time. That means the non-damage non-bubble superweapons will be allowed in Lowsec, as well as the old direct damage single target doomsdays. We may change aspects of this design in the future, depending on the feedback we get with them live.
For Titans, the old doomsdays and the GTFO will work in lowsec, and for supercarriers all of their burst projectors except for the warp bubble one will work.
Edit: Emphasis mine :getin:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

this is the core issue with the game, that and interdiction nullification

make jfs not absolutely necessary for playing in deep 0.0 and we can talk

but people think that if suddenly jump freighters are vulnerable then you can kill them all. that won't be it, there just won't be any jump freighters there to kill; people can always play closer to empire or just play a different game if you just give 0.0 another whack without first giving it a corresponding benefit. similar thing with 'if only local was removed all these ratters would be easy to gank' no, they'd change tactics too. you can't make it easier to hunt something by making it more vulnerable. you make it easier to hunt them by bribing them into being idiots by rewarding them for doing risky things.

edit: to a certain degree this is what ccp has tried to do with supercaps. both buff them so you're baited into risking them blapping subcaps, but weakening them so they can die more easily. they may have hosed up the balance but you can see they got the basic idea.

interdiction nullification is pretty dumb though all around

evilweasel fucked around with this message at 21:23 on May 13, 2016

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

evilweasel posted:

make jfs not absolutely necessary for playing in deep 0.0 and we can talk

but people think that if suddenly jump freighters are vulnerable then you can kill them all. that won't be it, there just won't be any jump freighters there to kill; people can always play closer to empire or just play a different game if you just give 0.0 another whack without first giving it a corresponding benefit

interdiction nullification is pretty dumb though

give jfs a 30 second spool up before being able to jump out. it gives it vulnerability in highsec, and gives people the ability to deny it access to places, etc.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

give jfs a 30 second spool up before being able to jump out. it gives it vulnerability in highsec, and gives people the ability to deny it access to places, etc.

that's not a bad idea, it is a little broken my exit cyno lets me tool around in a jf in highsec absurdly safely

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

make it spool up when jumping out of highsec and not elsewhere :ms:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Tripling the explosion radius in a single patch seems a bit ham handed.

Especially when that same patch added capital afterburners.

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009
yeah Im totally going to fly this defenseless ship that costs 7b empty when people can kill it without me being able to do a drat thing about it

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

It wouldn't make any difference with you western gankers needing 5-15 minutes to form from the first bump.

I would just stick the same cargo in a triple bulkhead Charon and move it to a system I could jump out of safer.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I almost lost my Aeon the other day because I was tending it with my Archon and started warp back to station on the Aeon account accidentally

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Zephyrine posted:

It wouldn't make any difference with you western gankers needing 5-15 minutes to form from the first bump.

I would just stick the same cargo in a triple bulkhead Charon and move it to a system I could jump out of safer.

i'll have you know i assassinated 7 JFs within 20 seconds of them decloaking

as much as i dont like the bumping changes, it really hurts miniluv much more than me. currently i have an idea for a really cool thing that will be happening soon (tm)

make it spool up when jumping out of highsec and not elsewhere :ms:

yeah but i think JFs need vulnerabilities outside of highsec too, and if you're unmolested this wouldn't slow down null logistics at all, and it gives people the ability to gently caress with you

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

People do things with prior planning and forethought and makes it hard to kill them. They should just line up in front of me to blap them. Anything else is a ~core issue~

Honest quote.

CainFortea fucked around with this message at 21:46 on May 13, 2016

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

as much as i dont like the bumping changes, it really hurts miniluv much more than me. currently i have an idea for a really cool thing that will be happening soon (tm)

yeah but i think JFs need vulnerabilities outside of highsec too, and if you're unmolested this wouldn't slow down null logistics at all, and it gives people the ability to gently caress with you

it adds minutes to each trip, and when you have to make shitloads of trips it makes it very frustrating, which is bad

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Everything evens out.

Bulkheaded Charons, courier contracts get limited to whatever cargo amount is safe to transport. People doing nullsec industry that depended on high value small M3 cargo will pay for full freighters for smaller shipments or move on to other forms of industry.

If things became so bad that you and Boney sat on the Jita undock. Blowing up half of the empty bulkheaded cargo ships that undocked for giggles. Then CCP would probably step in and nerf ganking again.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 21:40 on May 13, 2016

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Zephyrine posted:

Everything evens out.

Bulkheaded Charons, courier contracts get limited to whatever cargo amount is safe to transport. People doing nullsec industry that depended on high value small M3 cargo will pay for full freighters for smaller shipments or move on to other forms of industry.

god bless idiot highsec pubbies who value their time at less than a third-world sweatshop worker

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

it adds minutes to each trip, and when you have to make shitloads of trips it makes it very frustrating, which is bad

yeah people wait for fatigue anyway so a 30 second spool up during fatigue is a net zero amount of time, but i realize what you're saying about dumb time sinks, imo 30 seconds isn't thaat bad

CainFortea posted:

Honest quote.

lol if you think jf freighting requires any amount of effort other than stocking cyno mallers

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Zephyrine posted:

I run target painters on my Phoenix when I go poco bashing.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

attn pubbie: i will give you FIVE CENTS worth of interstellar kredits for you to spend one hour of in-game time hauling my poo poo (while taking on all of the risk of loss)

pubbie: what luck! i would have done it for four cents!

highsec courier contracts really are the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

lol if you think jf freighting requires any amount of effort other than stocking cyno mallers
lol if you thing jf freighting is 0 effort

• Locked thread