Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

worth watching

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

Pro click

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
That's a spot-on impression of a terrible, corny movie trailer.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

:captainpop:

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

There's another trailer mash up with Guardians of the Galaxy but it's the GotG trailer dubbed over Mass Effect, it's not as good.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

lol that guy's mass effect retrospective is really loving bad

quote:

Either way, if the Humans lead (or control) the council, then why would they attempt to quell rumors of the Reapers? That’s the source of their political power. You could argue they’re trying to keep the people calm and hunt the Reapers in secret, but the very next scene reveals that to not be the case. That’s like a politician sweeping into office on a platform of demagoguing and threatening Elbonia, and then once they’re elected claiming that Elbonia isn’t and has never been a threat. Yes, you can contrive where such an outcome is possible, but it’s not the most intuitive and logical outcome of the previous events.

wookieepelt
Jul 23, 2009

Milky Moor posted:

lol that guy's mass effect retrospective is really loving bad

His whole premise that the theme changes between ME1 and 2 is ridiculous. They don't abandon the theme of intergenerational conflict, they basically smack you over the head with it. You can sum up 90% of the loyalty missions as "(Squadmate) has daddy issues." He never says what he thinks the theme is, but that was one thing I didn't think changed at all. The tone changed, the gameplay changed, the semi-open world structure changed in favor of episodic mission, but in return we got higher production values and gameplay that is fun. I haven't read his criticism of ME3 yet, but I'm sure Lt. Danger is going to disagree with it.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

wookieepelt posted:

His whole premise that the theme changes between ME1 and 2 is ridiculous. They don't abandon the theme of intergenerational conflict, they basically smack you over the head with it. You can sum up 90% of the loyalty missions as "(Squadmate) has daddy issues." He never says what he thinks the theme is, but that was one thing I didn't think changed at all. The tone changed, the gameplay changed, the semi-open world structure changed in favor of episodic mission, but in return we got higher production values and gameplay that is fun. I haven't read his criticism of ME3 yet, but I'm sure Lt. Danger is going to disagree with it.

he has this bit where he's like 'man, it's good that bioware finally gave joker some jokes - they missed out on doing that in mass effect 1'

ignoring the fact that that's not really a criticism, isn't joker kind of stick in the mud serious in mass effect 1? like, he's a bit of a dick who isn't really jovial?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
He's just a regular guy, his nickname was ironic because he was really serious in space school or whatever

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

quote:

Instead, we meet exactly one person from the colony. He’s a rude, unreasonable dim bulb who wanders in, complains at you, and you respond with a binary answer that doesn’t matter. This entire game is about saving colonists from Collectors, and this one guy is the only one we meet. In a story sense, he represents everything we’re fighting for. He blames your squad of three people for letting the colony be kidnapped by an army, and then he wanders off alone to pout when you point out he’s being a butthead. Also, he gets the last word in, thus maximizing how irritating he is.

weird how this ungrateful guy represents who we're fighting for, a galaxy which has always been sort of ungrateful and, at best, begrudgingly tolerant of our efforts even as far back as ME1

he points out that the horizon ashley/kaidan conversation is weird but leans on 'they used the vigil theme which was wronnnnng' and not 'why are they acting like a weird zombie' and 'why does ashley, someone who was pretty devour, equate you to an actual deity'

also i think every page of his thing has some varient of 'oh man, mass effect 1 was epic detail-orientated hard sci-fi - except for this plot point which doesn't really make sense when you think about it so we'll just ignore it'

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

¡Terrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
I refuse to listen to anything that says ME2 isn't one of the best video games ever made.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Wouldn't you know it, a Mass Effect fan is totally obsessive over pointless minutia and can't let anything go.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Milky Moor posted:

he has this bit where he's like 'man, it's good that bioware finally gave joker some jokes - they missed out on doing that in mass effect 1'

ignoring the fact that that's not really a criticism, isn't joker kind of stick in the mud serious in mass effect 1? like, he's a bit of a dick who isn't really jovial?

Joker totally makes jokes in ME1, they're just less obvious (and he talks less overall)

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
some rumors from an insider so we don't go down the "only sane man in an insane world" death spiral again

http://wccftech.com/mass-effect-andromeda-reportedly-incredible-hugely-improved-facial-animations/

some guy posted:

More than fine, they’re well on track from what I’m told. The game’s playable from beginning to end. The delay is only by a few months for extra polish and there really hasn’t been any management changes.

Chris Wynn was a senior development director and not really in charge of creative ideas, and he was only on the team for about 18 months. Schlerf was lead writer and his role was pretty much done before he left. They’ve brought on some good talent in the meantime too, including from Naughty Dog.

Having seen a decent chunk of gameplay in action, I think people are going to love what they see. It looks loving amazing.

It’s a huge step up from DAI though, some things are comparable to Battlefront, and Bioware’s implemented things in Frostbite 3 that even DICE hadn’t yet, so they’re no slouch in the technical department. The explorable spaces in Andromeda are massive so it’s hard to compare directly to Battlefield.

Character models look incredible. Animations are a huge upgrade too.

Yea they’re specifically trying to address the repeating animations in the last trilogy. It’s really to do with the limited memory of old gen. They’ve implemented a lot of new techniques for Andromeda.
And I was mostly talking about facial animation too. It’s a huge step up. Pleasantly surprised.

Like I said in the other thread, I saw as many things to do and discover in one planet here as I did the whole lot of side planets on ME1 lol. The Mako is fast, hence the big environments.

No idea, but I will say the music was very reminiscent of the original Mass Effect. I immediately thought of ME1 when I heard it. So good.

In fact from everything I saw, all I could think of was “This is what Mass Effect 1 was envisioned to be.”

Read more: http://wccftech.com/mass-effect-andromeda-reportedly-incredible-hugely-improved-facial-animations/#ixzz48S2zAhTP

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
I love when people get touchy about how terrible the story telling is in these lousy games.

Milky Moor posted:

weird how this ungrateful guy represents who we're fighting for, a galaxy which has always been sort of ungrateful and, at best, begrudgingly tolerant of our efforts even as far back as ME1

he points out that the horizon ashley/kaidan conversation is weird but leans on 'they used the vigil theme which was wronnnnng' and not 'why are they acting like a weird zombie' and 'why does ashley, someone who was pretty devour, equate you to an actual deity'

also i think every page of his thing has some varient of 'oh man, mass effect 1 was epic detail-orientated hard sci-fi - except for this plot point which doesn't really make sense when you think about it so we'll just ignore it'

It all makes sense!

The game is bad! :monocle:

khwarezm fucked around with this message at 15:58 on May 12, 2016

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

If they brought in talent from Naughty Dog then I have a lot more faith in this game, because writing in their games is very solid.

The Last of Us especially has some absolutely heart-wrenching moments which completely sold me.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

(Most) Character moments in Bioware games are fine, even if they some of them are the same archetypes repeated, and The Last of Us was basically "Character Moments + Zombies," no real overarching narrative that they need to tie things into. Same with Uncharted, including the zombies sometimes. If Mass Effect was nothing but a series of games where Shepard & Friends go up against the Space rear end in a top hat of the Week (with a few more personal missions like ME2's loyalty missions thrown in) then that would have been the same kind of thing as TLOU, just with more explosions and one-liners and fewer bouts of PTSD and survivor's guilt.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLfhY1gyc64

West Coast Best Coast. May 18.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Pattonesque posted:

some rumors from an insider so we don't go down the "only sane man in an insane world" death spiral again

http://wccftech.com/mass-effect-andromeda-reportedly-incredible-hugely-improved-facial-animations/

Had me at "the music is reminicent of ME1". I missed that synthy-type stuff over the usual orchestral soundtrack that 2 and 3 had.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Ooh that's a wrong opinion about TLOU.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

MA-Horus posted:

Ooh that's a wrong opinion about TLOU.

Pfff, name one thing that happens at the beginning of the game that influences the narrative later on

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

wookieepelt posted:

:iamafag:

I got lots of problems with his analysis, just like on a really basic level.

He's inaccurate. Sometimes it's little trivial things like "cyberpunk is anti-technology" (no) or "saren just leaves the beacon on eden prime" (also no) but he wrote an update all about how the asari government recently invented an entire religion to cover up the prothean beacon on Thessia and how stupid that idea was and how dumb the writer was for writing it... when that's something that never happens in the game and the reveal is actually that asari religion is a 50,000-year-old history of prothean interference with the asari, i.e. the exact opposite of what he wrote.

He's cowardly. He's got a nasty habit of making an assertion and then walking it back so he can have it both ways. He says "Mass Effect is hard sci-fi", so he can slam ME2/3 for loose science and not enough worldbuilding, but immediately follows it up with "not really, just relative to other games" so he can't be challenged on a game with forehead aliens, FTL travel, psychic powers, pew-pew laser battles and 'Lovecraftian' robot gods maybe not actually being "hard sci-fi" in the slightest.

He's ignorant. His whole analysis focuses on plot details with, as you say, little or no thought given to anything else - like gameplay, or colour palette, or themes or metaphor of any kind. I'd let it go as standard nerdlinger fluff except he justifies his article series on the basis of Mass Effect having all these big, important themes, yet is unable to even identify any of them. Huge moments like Sovereign's revelation on Virmire are just glossed over. The little analysis he does do tends to get it wrong anyway (his supposition of Reapers as 'Lovecraftian' is weak, which in turn makes his Lovecraft v Star Trek comparison a false dichotomy).

He's illiterate. He doesn't appear to have read/seen anything other than Star Wars, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter. Even when he realised he was relying on them too much, he just started referencing Die Hard and Terminator! Good grief! I mean, read what you want, but if your palate is that narrow I think any critique you make deserves a little humility. EDI's better read than him and she's a fictional character.

He's dishonest. He wrote a nonsensical strawman about how dumb the Reaper IFF mission would be if it was written in 'the same style' as the rest of ME2, which just... I don't know, I really don't. His excuse was that he was just trying to convey how the rest of ME2 made him feel. This is a running thread throughout, in which analogies are less about analysis-by-comparison and more about restating a point about feelings in more obvious terms, usually with a Star Wars or Lord of the Rings character substituted in.

Plus other embarrassing stuff like Milky Moor's quote where he whines about NPCs not being nice enough to him, or how much he hates Miranda's line "He's a hero, a bloody icon" because he hates 'destined-hero/chosen one' stories even though it's this exact conceit both Miranda and Bioware are satirising in ME2 I mean come oooooon

Instead of analysis, what he's done is write an extensive meta-narrative about Mass Effect and Bioware with a standard fall-from-grace plot: Bioware used to write good, intelligent games that I liked, but then sold out to EA and now only make dumb idiot shooterman games for idiots (but not me). He's quite up-front about it, actually; he put it all in his first update. Everything else is just an attempt to support this conclusion, regardless of what's actually in the games or what they mean. It's all a justification for feelings about games, rather than an attempt to actually understand how those games work.

It shouldn't matter so much, I know, but if you're gonna aggressively throw around words like "puerile" and "adolescent trash" then I think you really ought to be on top form, and he really isn't.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Hey, he mentions one Vernon Vinge book he read!

It's weird that he writes a lengthy article about the difference between plot and theme, then doesn't lay out what he believes to be the themes of Mass Effect, besides "the quest for knowledge."

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Halloween Jack posted:

Hey, he mentions one Vernon Vinge book he read!

It's weird that he writes a lengthy article about the difference between plot and theme, then doesn't lay out what he believes to be the themes of Mass Effect, besides "the quest for knowledge."

"a man can punch an alien, or a man can sleep with an alien.

a man cannot do both

or can he"

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Lt. Danger posted:

He's inaccurate. Sometimes it's little trivial things like "cyberpunk is anti-technology" (no) or "saren just leaves the beacon on eden prime" (also no) but he wrote an update all about how the asari government recently invented an entire religion to cover up the prothean beacon on Thessia and how stupid that idea was and how dumb the writer was for writing it... when that's something that never happens in the game and the reveal is actually that asari religion is a 50,000-year-old history of prothean interference with the asari, i.e. the exact opposite of what he wrote.

He's cowardly. He's got a nasty habit of making an assertion and then walking it back so he can have it both ways. He says "Mass Effect is hard sci-fi", so he can slam ME2/3 for loose science and not enough worldbuilding, but immediately follows it up with "not really, just relative to other games" so he can't be challenged on a game with forehead aliens, FTL travel, psychic powers, pew-pew laser battles and 'Lovecraftian' robot gods maybe not actually being "hard sci-fi" in the slightest.

He's ignorant. His whole analysis focuses on plot details with, as you say, little or no thought given to anything else - like gameplay, or colour palette, or themes or metaphor of any kind. I'd let it go as standard nerdlinger fluff except he justifies his article series on the basis of Mass Effect having all these big, important themes, yet is unable to even identify any of them. Huge moments like Sovereign's revelation on Virmire are just glossed over. The little analysis he does do tends to get it wrong anyway (his supposition of Reapers as 'Lovecraftian' is weak, which in turn makes his Lovecraft v Star Trek comparison a false dichotomy).

He's illiterate. He doesn't appear to have read/seen anything other than Star Wars, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter. Even when he realised he was relying on them too much, he just started referencing Die Hard and Terminator! Good grief! I mean, read what you want, but if your palate is that narrow I think any critique you make deserves a little humility. EDI's better read than him and she's a fictional character.

He's dishonest. He wrote a nonsensical strawman about how dumb the Reaper IFF mission would be if it was written in 'the same style' as the rest of ME2, which just... I don't know, I really don't. His excuse was that he was just trying to convey how the rest of ME2 made him feel. This is a running thread throughout, in which analogies are less about analysis-by-comparison and more about restating a point about feelings in more obvious terms, usually with a Star Wars or Lord of the Rings character substituted in.

Plus other embarrassing stuff like Milky Moor's quote where he whines about NPCs not being nice enough to him, or how much he hates Miranda's line "He's a hero, a bloody icon" because he hates 'destined-hero/chosen one' stories even though it's this exact conceit both Miranda and Bioware are satirising in ME2 I mean come oooooon

Instead of analysis, what he's done is write an extensive meta-narrative about Mass Effect and Bioware with a standard fall-from-grace plot: Bioware used to write good, intelligent games that I liked, but then sold out to EA and now only make dumb idiot shooterman games for idiots (but not me). He's quite up-front about it, actually; he put it all in his first update. Everything else is just an attempt to support this conclusion, regardless of what's actually in the games or what they mean. It's all a justification for feelings about games, rather than an attempt to actually understand how those games work.

It shouldn't matter so much, I know, but if you're gonna aggressively throw around words like "puerile" and "adolescent trash" then I think you really ought to be on top form, and he really isn't.

Ironically this post makes me appreciate that series a lot more since it draws out this sort of sub CineD tripe.

The biggest problem with the analysis is that he's unwilling to accept that Mass Effect 1 was also crap.

khwarezm fucked around with this message at 21:53 on May 13, 2016

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

khwarezm posted:

Ironically this post makes me appreciate that series a lot more since it draws out this sort of sub CineD tripe.

The biggest problem with the analysis is that he's unwilling to accept that Mass Effect 1 was also crap.

I replayed ME1 on the xbone recently and hoo boy parts of it have not aged well

They'd better have interesting stuff to find on each planet 'cause the whole "find debris/survey minerals/murder things in a prefab" carousel got old very fast

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I guess I liked the Mako, overall, but I sure didn't like listening to a grinding noise while searching for a piece of mineral. stuck in the middle of a gigantic mountain range. The Hammerhead's strength wasn't in the Hammerhead, but in the freedom it granted for them to create rich environments instead of mostly monotonous dirt and rock. The problem was that it didn't give you freedom to connive smarter ways to approach enemy positions.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 22:16 on May 13, 2016

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Pattonesque posted:

I replayed ME1 on the xbone recently and hoo boy parts of it have not aged well

They'd better have interesting stuff to find on each planet 'cause the whole "find debris/survey minerals/murder things in a prefab" carousel got old very fast
Yeah, Bioware have never done field exploration particularly well. It wasn't great in ME1 and it was bad in DA3.

I'm cautiously optimistic about ME4 after DA3, though. It'll probably have some lovely bethesdaesque open world bits, but running around a galaxy as a Bioware Mary Sue is most likely gonna be fun.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

It would have been awesome if they actually made the planets instead of generated random terrain.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
ME2 was a satire now?

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

My Q-Face posted:

ME2 was a satire now?

Everything is satire, it is the ultimate absolver since you can take every stupid thing in every dumb piece of media and claim that it is actually a pointed critique of what it is portraying simply due to the fact that it is self evidently dumb or ridiculous. Look forward to my ten page piece on the satire inherent in the Room.

Haven't you seen Starship Troopers? :shepface:

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost
It's post-ironic :ironicat:

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

Miranda is being sarcastic because she genuinely doesn't think Shepard is all that. She changes her mind partway through ME2.

If ME1 is about Shepard becoming a hero, ME2 is about what happens afterwards. It turns out heroes are actually really awkward to have around when there isn't a crisis, because they have all these inconvenient ideas about "helping people" and "being good" and "stopping extragalactic murder robots" which all get in the way of having a normal life. Nobody really agrees with Shepard because nobody else went on the hero's journey like Shepard did, so nobody else can really 'understand' what the Reapers are or what they can do. Shepard's stuck trying to be a hero in a decidedly non-heroic galaxy, a 'master of two worlds' in a galaxy that only sees one.

So you get a bunch of excuses about how nobody can prove Sovereign wasn't just an advanced geth ship, how we never found anything on Ilos, how we have dismissed that claim, because Shepard just arbitrarily making everything up is easier than accepting the truth on faith. Being a hero is hard. We can't prepare for a galactic war, being at peace polls well! We can't move out of the literal Reaper deathtrap space station, all our poo poo is there! We can't join your army, our orders are to play Peace Corps with cruddy third-world colonies that don't even like us! We can't help you fight the baddies, the Shadow Broker won't return my lawnmower! Like, even Shepard's friends who helped them the first time around make excuses, because if they go off and stop the galaxy being destroyed they might lose their job!! or whatever.

The only person who genuinely has faith in our lord and Jesus metaphor Shepard is the urbane older male figure who promises incredible wealth and power, always lies, speaks to us from a throne surrounded by fire and is also extremely, extremely evil. I think that's kinda funny.

Lt. Danger fucked around with this message at 00:08 on May 14, 2016

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Lt. Danger posted:

Miranda is being sarcastic because she genuinely doesn't think Shepard is all that. She changes her mind partway through ME2.

If ME1 is about Shepard becoming a hero, ME2 is about what happens afterwards. It turns out heroes are actually really awkward to have around when there isn't a crisis, because they have all these inconvenient ideas about "helping people" and "being good" and "stopping extragalactic murder robots" which all get in the way of having a normal life. Nobody really agrees with Shepard because nobody else went on the hero's journey like Shepard did, so nobody else can really 'understand' what the Reapers are or what they can do. Shepard's stuck trying to be a hero in a decidedly non-heroic galaxy, a 'master of two worlds' in a galaxy that only sees one.

So you get a bunch of excuses about how nobody can prove Sovereign wasn't just an advanced geth ship, how we never found anything on Ilos, how we have dismissed that claim, because Shepard just arbitrarily making everything up is easier than accepting the truth on faith. Being a hero is hard. We can't prepare for a galactic war, being at peace polls well! We can't move out of the literal Reaper deathtrap space station, all our poo poo is there! We can't join your army, our orders are to play Peace Corps with cruddy third-world colonies that don't even like us! We can't help you fight the baddies, the Shadow Broker won't return my lawnmower! Like, even Shepard's friends who helped them the first time around make excuses, because if they go off and stop the galaxy being destroyed they might lose their job!! or whatever.

The only person who genuinely has faith in our lord and Jesus metaphor Shepard is the urbane older male figure who promises incredible wealth and power, always lies, speaks to us from a throne surrounded by fire and is also extremely, extremely evil. I think that's kinda funny.

TIM and other people who have given up on having any kind of normal lives.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Lt. Danger posted:

This is why Control is the only morally defensible choice for the galaxy.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Pattonesque posted:

extremely good content in this thread

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

Lt. Danger posted:

I got lots of problems with his analysis, just like on a really basic level

:words:

Almost every paragraph of your analysis of his analysis begins with ad hominem attacks. Is your analysis still sound?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
It's not ad hominem when the criticism is immediately followed with examples of why he's guilty of what Lt. Danger accused him of. Like, when they say he's "illiterate" he may actually have read many classics of sci-fi, but he gives few examples and all but admits he's not well-read in the New Wave sci-fi from which he assumes the concept of the Reapers originates.

Adding to what Lt.D said, he goes on and on about what "plot hole" really means, makes a show of eschewing nitpicky criticism, then dives into an ocean of nitpicky criticism. Certainly some of it is legitimate, but then there are things like "The Collectors attack Shepard's ship directly when it seems like they probably don't normally do that."

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

it annoys me because, for a retrospective, he never stops to examine how or why ME2 and ME3 turned out the way they did (eg. the two disc split, the lazy Reaper IFF, change in the Geth writer, and so on)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Lt. Danger posted:

I agree with basically all of this.

I liked the part where he claimed that, since it'd be really difficult to build an advanced warship on an Earth island in 2016, it's obviously impossible for Cerberus to do the same but in space.

It's things like that which, to me, betray how little 'hard' sci-fi he has read and how little he's understood the supposedly phenomenal world-building of the series. It'd be ridiculously easy to hide things in space, particularly if you choose somewhere remote and somewhere between stars. Which, funnily enough, is precisely where and how the Geth hid their space stations.

• Locked thread