Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

SonicRulez posted:

Oh Christ.

Should I have used jokes? One-liners? Funnies?

Unless you're denying there are jokes during the fight.

e:

SonicRulez posted:

The Iron Man manipulation thing is wildly overblown. If that's what you got out of the scene, power to you, but that's not what the movie was getting across at all. I feel like people who look at it that way are underestimating how wrong Cap was in the eyes of everyone else. He broke the law. He fought the police. He was protecting a murderer. Those are things deserving of a smack upside the head.
I'm not making any statement about Cap by judging Tony's actions. Cap made some poor choices as well.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 22:21 on May 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

The Hollywood Reporter is reporting that Michael B. Jordan has signed on to Black Panther possibly as a villain.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

theflyingorc posted:

I love most of those actors, though.

Isn't the main problem with Fantastic Four Reboot that the director had a complete meltdown?

From what it looks like to me absolutely no one upstairs had any hope for the movie before it was even released. They kinda left it out to die and had all the blame conveniently fall onto Trask.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
The portrayal of Sue Storm as a weirdo with some sort of development disorder that loves patterns was so odd. I don't think I'll ever understand that decision.

rantmo posted:

The Hollywood Reporter is reporting that Michael B. Jordan has signed on to Black Panther possibly as a villain.

Not ok with this. Michael B. Jordan is too good to be a one-time villain and then done.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

rantmo posted:

I hope he's still Johnny Storm. Just like, evil.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Aphrodite posted:

That's kind of like saying the police instigate assaulting police officers.

Okay sure this is frequently true in the States, but I mean generally.

I mean he instigated in the sense that Cap came out alone to try and talk and Tony just dismissed everything he had to say out of hand and escalated the situation. Cap obviously thought that would probably happen and prepared for it, but still doesn't change the fact that Tony was clearly the aggressor there.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

X-O posted:

I mean he instigated in the sense that Cap came out alone to try and talk and Tony just dismissed everything he had to say out of hand and escalated the situation. Cap obviously thought that would probably happen and prepared for it, but still doesn't change the fact that Tony was clearly the aggressor there.

That's when Cap tells Tony about Zemo right?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

rantmo posted:

Hopefully they cast him as White Tiger.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

mikeraskol posted:

The portrayal of Sue Storm as a weirdo with some sort of development disorder that loves patterns was so odd. I don't think I'll ever understand that decision.

Not ok with this. Michael B. Jordan is too good to be a one-time villain and then done.

I don't know anything about Black Panther. Does he have any cool big-bad villains that he could be?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

SonicRulez posted:

It's just not as weird as I think people are making it sound. Rather, I think if a movie had the guts to just do it and tacked a well-written story on it, people would say "Wow that was an awesome movie" and save the "Wow, that kid thing was troubling" for blogs a few weeks after the fact. I mean if they did it and it was poo poo that'd be different, but the concept isn't that odd. Even so, like I said, 18 is fine. I'm curious as to why they wouldn't just do that instead of killing them off.

I skipped this earlier, but Batman Forever features a Robin who is a minor.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

I skipped this earlier, but Batman Forever features a Robin who is a minor.

Isn't Robin in Batman Forever in his 20s? His actor at least was 25 at the time and I always got the impresion he was at least 20.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

MacheteZombie posted:

That's when Cap tells Tony about Zemo right?

Yep

I can see Michael B. Jordan maybe playing Jakarra if they go the villainous route with him.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Isn't Robin in Batman Forever in his 20s? His actor at least was 25 at the time and I always got the impresion he was at least 20.

His age isn't given but he's described as being a minor.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Do a new FF with a new cast but keep Miles Teller and just turn him into Maker for the big villain.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Retro Futurist posted:

Do a new FF with a new cast but keep Miles Teller and just turn him into Maker for the big villain.

Just have him be evil Reed Richards and the other 3 are trying to save him.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

Huh. That's pretty hosed up, though I guess it helps it's in the Schumacher version.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Rurea posted:

I don't know anything about Black Panther. Does he have any cool big-bad villains that he could be?

White Tiger, sorta but not really at all. Beyond that Black Panther has always been a character that's had difficulties carrying a solo book by himself, and I would definitely argue that his most compelling stuff is when he's part of a team, having to balance his Avengers work - or, if the end of CW is anything to go by, his "New" or "Secret" Avengers work - with the needs of his kingdom. If anything, that might be the direction the solo movie goes in - T'Challa trying to lead both the "Secret" Avengers and Wakanda at once.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

ImpAtom posted:

It's completely schizophrenic about whether it's supposed to be a twenty something playing a teenager or literally a twenty something. Or to quote rifftrax,

"Oh no, I'm an orphan. A 30 year old orphan."

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

MacheteZombie posted:

He is clearly not a child though. That is distinction I was trying to make.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

mycot posted:

It's completely schizophrenic about whether it's supposed to be a twenty something playing a teenager or literally a twenty something. Or to quote rifftrax,

"Oh no, I'm an orphan. A 30 year old orphan."

I think some 20-somethings can pull off teenager but Chris O'Donnell wasn't one of them. Dude looked 25 when he was actually 17.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Rurea posted:

Namor would be loving amazing. but I dunno if they could just do that.

I like the Idea of White Wolf. T'Challa's adopted brother.

It would be rehashing Thor(a bunch), but T'Challa was just put in charge and claimed the title of King, would everyone in Wakanda back him being king? Mix in the Namor Illuminati story beats with His brother or actually hell ignore white wolf and just use Shuri. Have the constituents find out that T'Challa is hiding and harboring the dude who was responsible for T'Chaka's death. And trying to find a way to heal him.

Boom Political intrigue which always make for the best Black Panther stories.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

How

How is this possible?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

X-O posted:

He is clearly not a child though. That is distinction I was trying to make.

Oh I wasn't commenting on that bit. Just letting SonicRulez know that he can watch a movie that earnestly portrays the hero/sidekick dynamic with a sidekick portrayed around 17-18.

ImpAtom posted:

Huh. That's pretty hosed up, though I guess it helps it's in the Schumacher version.

Thankfully those movies are gloriously campy so it's not so much hosed up and more whacked out of its mind.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

notthegoatseguy posted:

I really don't think Hulk would've sided with Tony and Ross.

It was weird considering how essential of a role he had in Winter Soldier and AOU already bought him back into the fold. But apparently Jackson's contract only has two movies left so they're saving him for Infinity Wars.

I think it makes sense for Fury to stay out of this one. He's pretty much in hiding, except for the occasional world-ending threat like Ultron. Nothing in Civil War was even close to that level.

I would much rather see the FF rights go back to Marvel. Not so much for a standalone film, but there are a lot of fun things that could happen in the MCU. For example,

-Reed joining the Bruce and Tony Science Bros club
-Hulk fighting the Thing
-Latveria attempting to go to war with Wakanda over vibranium
-Silver Surfer and Galactus meet the GotG
-Spider-Man and Human Torch being friends
-Doom/Strange magic batttle

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Honestly that FF movie was one of the worst movies I've ever seen that was actually attempting to be good. It was offensive it was so bad. Makes BvS look like Citizen Kane.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

mikeraskol posted:

Honestly that FF movie was one of the worst movies I've ever seen that was actually attempting to be good. It was offensive it was so bad. Makes BvS look like Citizen Kane.

It's like 25% of a good movie. The beginning had some cool ideas, but the back half of the movie basically being a completely different, shittier film just kills everything.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

mikeraskol posted:

Makes BvS look like Citizen Kane.

BvS does feature a dying man whispering, with his final breath, the name of what he holds dear.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

If he's not a completely new character or some kind of hybrid I wouldn't be surprised if Michael B. Jordan ends up playing either Jakarra or M'Baku. The former was only featured very early in the Black Panther comics and never was any kind of ongoing story but T'challa being at odds with his half brother who controls the Wakandan Military seems like a natural story fit. M'Baku is a little more well known and was even in an episode of the Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Dexo posted:

Namor would be loving amazing. but I dunno if they could just do that.

Apparently they can, but it's a complicated mess where a Namor solo is virtually impossible (which is good since a Namor solo almost certainly wouldn't work). But yeah, Namor as BP's Big Bad would be pretty loving great.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

theflyingorc posted:

I love most of those actors, though.

Isn't the main problem with Fantastic Four Reboot that the director had a complete meltdown?

The production was troubled to begin with since they had to do everything by a certain date or lose the rights. So when Josh Trank turned in a movie that the studio hated they couldn't really do much to fix it other than some quick reshoots of poor quality.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Toxxupation posted:

Apparently they can, but it's a complicated mess where a Namor solo is virtually impossible (which is good since a Namor solo almost certainly wouldn't work). But yeah, Namor as BP's Big Bad would be pretty loving great.

Yep. But I was more referring too my doubt at turning MBJ into Namor. Though it would be amazing and pretty good casting.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Wait, duh guys.

It's Adonis Creed, challenging T'Challa of Wakanda to a boxing match. Of course.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Toxxupation posted:

Wait, duh guys.

It's Adonis Creed, challenging T'Challa of Wakanda to a boxing match. Of course.

I'm there Day 1.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Toxxupation posted:

Wait, duh guys.

T'Challa needs someone he can actually beat though

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Dexo posted:

Yep. But I was more referring too my doubt at turning MBJ into Namor. Though it would be amazing and pretty good casting.

I doubt even Jordan is a good enough actor to be the rear end in a top hat that the character Namor deserves. He's too naturally likeable.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Someone throw a billion dollars at Jack Gleeson, urge him to get out of retirement.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Playing the Human Torch is a one way ticket to the MCU afterall.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

MacheteZombie posted:

Oh I wasn't commenting on that bit. Just letting SonicRulez know that he can watch a movie that earnestly portrays the hero/sidekick dynamic with a sidekick portrayed around 17-18.

Batman Forever isn't from this decade though.

Toxxupation posted:

Wait, duh guys.

The single greatest movie of all time.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'd guess that Jordan would be playing Erik Killmonger. He doesn't have the build to play M'Baku.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I hope Michael B. Jordan's character gets served a subpoena by Kate Mara's character, returning from Iron Man 2.

• Locked thread