Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Anivia is my usual pick into Zed. You've gotta play really safe, but if you're always egging under tower there's not much he can do.

...Of course, I haven't played her since the nerf. That ult change makes me sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Since I started practicing Aurelion Sol I think he's my vote for best anti-melee Mage to play mid-lane. Anytime your opponent gets anywhere close to the line where they would do damage to you, you just expand your W out and run into them. Repeat until they can't do anything. If they dive you, hit them with a stun and run back to your tower or just keep abusing them with the stars. If you gently caress up and they kill you, just use your E to fly back to lane.

Took me a few games to get used to him but I think he's a really strong mid-laner overall.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Luna Was Here posted:

I thought that got changed with the qss changes

you can QSS the shark to make it fall off of you, but i think once the magic damage amplification is on you you are stuck with it

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Magres posted:

Jesus Swain has a 38% winrate overall in mid

Anyone know what the average winrate for a 4v5 is? Which is worse - having your mid Swain disconnect for the entire game or having your mid Swain actually play?

E: Oh no wonder his winrate is such rear end, they removed Spellvamp from the game. At least, I assume that's why

I don't think he really built spellvamp anyway

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

I'd like to see a winrate for Q-max Swain, they made his E not scale as hard with levels anymore but almost all the data points on the stats sites are still E max

Almost no one bought WotA on Swain so it's not that. He seems like he should be a good user of the new ice item much like dragon man

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

henkman posted:

I don't think he really built spellvamp anyway

Oh, I figured WotA was a huge part of his core. What made him drop ~11% in winrate last patch? Like champion.gg says he was around 49% winrate in 6.8, and in 6.9 he's 38%, but the patch notes for him are nothing but a minor buff so I figured it was itemization.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
his Q is no longer an instant slow, he had a cast delay on his ult (bug), and a lot of other heroes got huge damage buffs (said heroes being played against him), and Revolver doesn't fit into his skillset super well (nor do any of the items honestly, dash might be decent since he has no mobility, frost could be eh since he already has 2 lockdown skills and sometimes takes rylais).

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Magres posted:

Oh, I figured WotA was a huge part of his core. What made him drop ~11% in winrate last patch? Like champion.gg says he was around 49% winrate in 6.8, and in 6.9 he's 38%, but the patch notes for him are nothing but a minor buff so I figured it was itemization.

They changed his skills and the numbers on them to really lovely ones

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

exethan posted:

They changed his skills and the numbers on them to really lovely ones

Oh I'm stupid and just did Ctrl+F for Swain on the 6.9 patch notes and just saw the mid-patch buff and not the rest of his changes. Yeah nevermind the new Decrepify looks really really lovely, and his ult being able to poke someone once a second (I think?) is awful, holy poo poo.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
They also changed his ult to heal like 10% of the tiny 20ish damage it does instead of a flat amount so the healing isn't even noticable at all, but next patch is going to change that.

Even when I maxed Q on swain first when I played him, it was trash, could barely hurt anything even if they decided not to walk out of the Q and his ult is so, so bad right now that it's like he doesn't have one, I'm also salty because I lost some ranked games to first time swain teammates who max E first.

Just play a AP laner that can actually 100% 0% people while offering more CC and mobility and range.

I really hope this doesn't count as swain's rework, he needs a actual rework.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
It's probably more of a Veigar "rework", where Riot removes everything about a hero that triggers them (targeted nukes and skills that scale off the enemies' scaling being the most popular one atm) and slowly gives pity buffs over a few patches.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
They changed Fizz's ult to count as a "slow". So anything that can remove slow (i.e. QSS, cleanse, Garen's E) will remove his ult entirely now. Also Morganas blacks shield will now make it so it doesn't even stick.

Not sure if these are intended changes or not.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
do the people who suggest maxing q first on swain also max charm first on ahri? lmfao

e: *is given the option to put points into an aoe root with increased duration per rank* no no i'll take the single target slow instead

Venuz Patrol fucked around with this message at 23:23 on May 13, 2016

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Etrips posted:

They changed Fizz's ult to count as a "slow". So anything that can remove slow (i.e. QSS, cleanse, Garen's E) will remove his ult entirely now. Also Morganas blacks shield will now make it so it doesn't even stick.

Is taking Qss for fizz the new qss for zed

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

DolphinCop posted:

do the people who suggest maxing q first on swain also max charm first on ahri? lmfao

Torment gives 20% bonus damage at all ranks now, only get ~30 damage per rank with no reduced CD, while Q gets +5% slow and +20 damage per tick (+80 damage total) per rank in addition to -1 sec CD per rank. It can also provide some amount of wave clear since it doubles damage on minons. While there's potential for arguing to max W first over Q (+0.25 root duration, +40 damage, -2 second CD per rank) there's definitely no reason to max E first anymore.

E: Quoted before you edited, but still valid. Q or W for the first maxed skill. I feel there's validity to either choice, depending on your lane and skill with landing W.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
yeah no im definitely thinking about nevermove as the new first priority

i guess swain players just expect to get all their wave clear from ult form? i know i dont play much mid lane but my understanding is that the aoe damage attack is the right choice to max first 99% of the time since one of your major roles as mage is to keep minions off of turrets during siege situations

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

"finally i can do 40 more damage to these minions" said the w max swain as his opponent killed him after he used his defensive skill to clear a wave. the q also does bonus damage to minions and is aoe.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Radical posted:

"finally i can do 40 more damage to these minions" said the w max swain as his opponent killed him after he used his defensive skill to clear a wave. the q also does bonus damage to minions and is aoe.

The opponent is running past a full wave of minions to dive you?

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

yeah sure why not? its not like you can fight back

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
argh.... i wanted to kill this swain... but the decrepify... its slowing me for 30% instead of 20%...! ..my dreams of getting a kill will go unfulfilled today...

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

why are you so hung up on the q slowing when its his highest damage spell

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

slows are good actually

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Radical posted:

Q is not AOE. It's single-target within an area, but can swap targets (if one dies or gets Torment applied to it) as long as its duration is up.

DolphinCop posted:

argh.... i wanted to kill this swain... but the decrepify... its slowing me for 30% instead of 20%...! ..my dreams of getting a kill will go unfulfilled today...

Given that Swain's kill pressure is tied largely to W, and his ability to lane and not get completely pushed in by literally anyone who can is tied to Q, I'd say it's a bit of a toss-up as to which you level first. It's not cut and dry.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
I think you can max either first, but you can't rely on either for wave clear early. They both start with really long cooldowns that leave you really vulnerable against any lane with the slightest bit of aggression pre-6 unless you're under tower.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
oops

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I don't know what the best order of talents of Swain's are to pick at this point, but it looks like he's total poo poo so why not just not play him and wait until they buff him and then make a proper determination at a later date.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I don't know how or why but I was playing ranked today and got ADC under fill and made 80 CS at 10 minutes on Twitch in a plat ranked game I think this is the best I'll ever do in my life I might as well quit now

(We still lost tho)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the trick with new swain is that it doesn't matter which ability you max first because they're all terrible

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Etrips posted:

Yeah in changing that it results in this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5G19Rc1flk

I would assume the debuff of increased damage is still the same duration though

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

The Lord of Hats posted:

Release Yorick has to be down there as well, he was basically a weaker siege minion.

hey man i went 8-0 with release yorick just going mid and doing all-in flash ignite cheese on people who didnt know what he did yet

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

RealFoxy posted:

I don't know how or why but I was playing ranked today and got ADC under fill and made 80 CS at 10 minutes on Twitch in a plat ranked game I think this is the best I'll ever do in my life I might as well quit now

(We still lost tho)

i went 18/2 on twitch (in silver) this morning but it's probably largely because of the pretty good blitz i had and the ekko that ganked at level 2 and the 2 or 3 waves of CS tristana lost because she spent that much time sitting in a brush waiting for thresh to hook me which he didn't

twitch is Good

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
I accidentally became a one-trick pony and now I can't win games on other things

stump collector
May 28, 2007

flyingkiwi posted:

I accidentally became a one-trick pony and now I can't win games on other things

are you still maining nocturne or what

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!

exethan posted:

are you still maining nocturne or what

that's the bunny

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

Endorph posted:

the trick with new swain is that it doesn't matter which ability you max first because they're all terrible

Yeah swain is poo poo you might as well be arguing whether to max q or w on AD soraka.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Wait do people actually max w on ad soraka?

If you have a Brand without a skin, does it count towards an on fire comp?

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Radical posted:

are these all recent or 1 month+ older games?

All in last 2 weeks. http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=i+like+dim+sum

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!

I like the champions you play, and also that you build Mejais and never die

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I have no idea how to build anything now.

I always feel so weak because roa/seraphs combo has less AP, zhonyas has less AP, abyssal has less AP and these were basically core on everything I played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Ascension weekend got me like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSNXhgM-h_w

• Locked thread