Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Dalael posted:

What none of ya'll understood yet is, we've already won. :clint:

no don't you see it was all a ~clever ruse~ by the ~rusemaster~ to trick us into hubris with a ~Fabian strategy~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
Please don't make deadtear cross-cute-post in the chill thread ok

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

Landsknecht posted:

no don't you see it was all a ~clever ruse~ by the ~rusemaster~ to trick us into hubris with a ~Fabian strategy~

I think you're in the wrong thread friend.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

take your retarded shill poo poo to the other thread nobody gives a drat

This is unchill. Please be chill in this thread.

Namaste.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
no

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Landsknecht posted:

Go back to the other thread with this retarded poo poo

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
lets keep the chill thread chill pls ordo and faphammer wannabe

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Elmnt80 posted:

And your super was still terribly fit. :colbert:

don't bling fit things you know will die.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

OWLS! posted:

i realized this the second you dropped with me on a gate

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

OWLS! posted:

But I expect everything to die, so I'd rather RIDE THROUGH THE GATES OF VALHALLA, SHINY AND CHROME. And I'm pretty sure it annoys pbump to lose the isk war in a fight because I died in something expensive.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Drythe posted:

Go back to the other thread with this retarded poo poo

The marvel thread is very good ok.

Also, ratting in null is soothing, fun and good money as a newer player. This game might not be terrible, then again I have not interacted with any goons.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2eJX6Ku0M8

This was a pretty cool vid back when I first saw it.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
I was running missions in Caldari space tonight and suddenly 5 or 6 names with blue backgrounds appeared in local (I gather these are Dust 514 players but since that game is dead I dunno) - about 15 other people poured into local and started talking about "free for all" and grabbing ships and stuff.

Any idea what was going on?

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde
Dust isn't being shut down properly until the 30th of May, so there were definitely dust players involved, but I've got no clue what the rest is about.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Ok thread fcon is reset, let's all form goon voltron and shoot them. Tomorrow night from amarr work?

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Unfunny Poster posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2eJX6Ku0M8

This was a pretty cool vid back when I first saw it.

huh, I didn't realize cycle indicators are newer than overheating. When was heat introduced, trinity?

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Yo I'm broke as gently caress and want to do level 4 missions someone give me the cheapest fit possible that'll do it.

I don't care about blitzing, aside from my desire to make enough cash that I can start blitzing.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Reverand maynard posted:

Ok thread fcon is reset, let's all form goon voltron and shoot them. Tomorrow night from amarr work?

Ugh I'm headed home away from my pc. I'll take my laptop in case but we should do this next week too. VG can I shoot fcon with my RVCMF guys? If not I'll drop for the roam, no problem. We don't have any wars so it shouldn't gently caress me about for a week

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Hey guys with 400 billion isk, I'd forever appreciate it if you bought me some cap ship skill books or something! Be cool

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

ChickenWing posted:

Yo I'm broke as gently caress and want to do level 4 missions someone give me the cheapest fit possible that'll do it.

I don't care about blitzing, aside from my desire to make enough cash that I can start blitzing.

I am doing them right now with a Hyperion and Drake. The drake has a super tough tank. You could probably do them in any battleship that you are decently skilled for. You can't skimp on the tank, so make sure that you have t2 armor/shield tank skills. If you wanna really kick rear end, it's raven/dominix I guess as the best. Amarr of course have lasers so never need to buy ammo which owns. Minmatar is a whole bunch of skills but I think if you have sweet missile and drone skills then the typhoon is probably one of the cheapest and best ships to do missions in since you can really tailor your damage with its weapons.

If you can't afford a battleship with at least a t2 tank, drake can (I believe; haven't tried any with just the drake - the hyperion is in there tanking some as well) tank with this fit:

code:
[Drake, Advanced PvE]
Heavy Missile Launcher II
Small Tractor Beam I

Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Kinetic Deflection Amplifier II
Thermic Dissipation Amplifier II
10MN Afterburner II

Ballistic Control System II
Ballistic Control System II
Beta Reactor Control: Shield Power Relay I
Beta Reactor Control: Shield Power Relay I

Medium Core Defense Field Purger I

Hobgoblin II x5

Scourge Heavy Missile x1
Mjolnir Heavy Missile x1
But it will take a long time to kill anything. I'd suggest teaming up with a dude. I'm a dude doing level 4 missions if you wanna join me.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
I read on vice recently that you were losing some large scale war against some other dudes. Get it together, yeah? Don't embarass us. It's bad enough vice "news" knows about it in the first place.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
gently caress off to the other thread

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Hey guys with 400 billion isk, I'd forever appreciate it if you bought me some cap ship skill books or something! Be cool

What you need?

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

ChickenWing posted:

I got bunches of l4 boats. PM me your jabber name and I'll ping you in about 3 hours and see what you can fly and I'll loan you something till you can afford w.e you want (save for a mach. I'll also throw you the fit I use)

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

gently caress off to the other thread

Unless you're a chill non eve goon in which case avoid the other thread and get your info from here in our dear chill thread

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
He's a dumbass

Hagop
May 14, 2012

First one out of the Ranger gets a prize!
So I am about 3 days and 18 mill away from a mining barge. What should I train for next?

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Hagop posted:

So I am about 3 days and 18 mill away from a mining barge. What should I train for next?

What else are you interested in? You could always train further into barges if rock munching is your thing, or branch out into some of the other industry stuff.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
I had to decline 4 burners in a row from the same agent last night because I can't afford a bunch of blingy AF fits yet. All them moneys :(

Hagop posted:

Have you trained shield tanking and drone skills yet? They will help your fits for your mining barges and carry over to combat ad well. Same for fitting skills

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Jazzzzz posted:

I had to decline 4 burners in a row from the same agent last night because I can't afford a bunch of blingy AF fits yet. All them moneys :(

Have you trained shield tanking and drone skills yet? They will help your fits for your mining barges and carry over to combat ad well. Same for fitting skills

Supposedly you can do them all in a hilarious rocket ecm kestrel

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Syndic Thrass posted:

What you need?

I'm currently going for Capital Ships and Gallente Carrier. I have most of the supporting skills all trained up.

Hagop
May 14, 2012

Xenothral posted:

What else are you interested in? You could always train further into barges if rock munching is your thing, or branch out into some of the other industry stuff.

So if I decide to stick with mining, where should I go just rush right for tech 2 barges, or work for tech 2 strip miners, or figure out the rigging thing?

Jazzzzz posted:

That sounds like a good idea, I figured out the shield tanking and drone skills, but what are the fitting skills?

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Hagop posted:

That sounds like a good idea, I figured out the shield tanking and drone skills, but what are the fitting skills?

Pretty much anything under the Engineering section of skills (CPU management, capacitor systems operations, capacitor management, power grid management, etc.). There are several 30-,60-, and 90-day skill plans out there that will get these skills, plus armor and shield tanking, plus a few spaceship command, gunnery, and missile skills up to 3 or 4 so you can fly and reasonably fit several types of small and medium combat ships.

If you're really focused on mining you want to be able to eventually fit T2 shield hardeners (Tactical Shield Manipulation IV), T2 strip miners and their associated ammo crystals (Reprocessing IV and the various flavors of ore reprocessing at IV), a damage control (requires the hull upgrades skill under the Armor skills) and mining upgrades.

Hagop
May 14, 2012

Thanks for the info.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
So I'm down to two things on my "Things I should actually do in Eve" (Loosely based on a list Flanders put up last month). One is put up a POS to Mine Goo and do a Reaction. Which I've already got a few empty moons scanned out just need to take the time out to actually do it. The other is run a Level 5 mission. I know there was some talk of running level 5s over the past couple months, but has anyone actually done one in a carrier since Citadel? Given the speed difference between fighters and drones and the way NPCs react to fighters now I just want to make sure things aren't drastically different compared to before the patch.

Also, just to vent, gently caress building Faction Standing (which I know if I'm just going to do a couple I don't need Faction Standing, just Corp Standing). I don't know if things were different in the past, but outside of blitzing missions it's hard as well to get over the 5/6 hump. Tags (minus the three I couldn't do originally) only got me to to between 3.5 and 4.0, Faction Warfare only awards faction standing on corp standing milestones so while the bonus may be decent there are only so many you can get. Plus the missions take so much longer without being able to use the bomber and are far more panic inducing in a T3.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
I've been having fun doing burner l4s and now that I actually have the pullers ground up I need to actually stage shi0s and get prepped to do poo poo in lowsec. Ohgod.

And someone said while still possible they murder gently caress your fighters and it's a pain in the rear end to continually have to replace them. Iirc they said they were gonna take a break for a few weeks although now it's escaping me what exactly it was they were waiting on ccp ironing out

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Uggh do I really need to train up missile skills to be able to do burner missions? Anyone have a guide for burners that isn't just confusing bullshit?

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Uggh do I really need to train up missile skills to be able to do burner missions? Anyone have a guide for burners that isn't just confusing bullshit?

https://docs.google.com/document/u/1/d/1knVqZEH8qFY0eT44nMEFwcKd3t4PbgcZeuv58SVUxsI/pub

I haven't done all the burners yet, mostly because I don't expect to stick with missioning long enough to make moving all the ships around worth it (alternatively, I could just buy an Orca), but that guide has been working just fine for me.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
Is the L4 money (with or without burners) something that starts out decent and scales up over time, or is it kind of an all-or-nothing exercise? For a newer player without a huge stable of high-SP alts, is it something that can be scaled into over time, or is it a case of "put alts in the cooker, check back in 8 months"?

I was originally thinking of training an incursion logi alt but I don't really have the luxury of waiting at my computer for hours on a wait list for a public group. I need something I can do whenever I've got 15-30 minutes to spare and not feel like I have to poopsock to make up for time spent waiting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
I have like hybrid and projectile specs 5, AF and HACs 5, but the missile group literally doesn't even show up in my character sheet so I either test an idea out or I just deny the ones that require a garmur or hawk. Enyo Wolf daredevil Vagabond and vigilant will let you do the vast majority you'll get

• Locked thread