Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

LingcodKilla posted:

You jerks finally told the truth.

Would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Ron Jeremy posted:

Is that...ketchup..?

I like to mix Tabasco with ketchup and dip my fork in it before taking bites.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

I like to mix Tabasco with ketchup and dip my fork in it before taking bites.

Tabasco, I think you mean Texas Pete

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
Tapatío or gtfo

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

DownByTheWooter posted:

Tapatío or gtfo

They have only had Tabisco. I keep one of those pint size bottles tapatio in my work truck.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Cholula is really the only choice. TaPatio is distant second. Sriacha is king if available.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Laranzu posted:

Cholula is really the only choice. TaPatio is distant second.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

They have only had Tabisco.

A station or ship in the Navy without Texas Pete, that's weird

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Texas Pete sucks dick!!! Ive seen it!!!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Laranzu posted:

Cholula is really the only choice. TaPatio is distant second. Sriacha is king if available.

This, but sriracha is good on cheap ramen.

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007
Valentina, guys. Valentina.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Hot sauce I get, but ketchup on fried rice? Fuckin haoles, man...

On a more positive note, Teri burgers own

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007

Ron Jeremy posted:

Hot sauce I get, but ketchup on fried rice? Fuckin haoles, man...

It's a spam-heavy Hawaiian version of a Western-inspired Japanese diner/bachelor food served at a bowling alley on a US Navy base. It's beyond the event horizon, there are no rules. Ketchup is completely legit as long as there's hot sauce.

e: also yes, teri burgers own. So do those steak shacks that sell 7oz of sliced grilled steak with soy sauce/tabasco :getin:

hogmartin fucked around with this message at 23:34 on May 13, 2016

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

LingcodKilla posted:

You jerks finally told the truth.

That looks like a hangover cure in burrito form.

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007

SquirrelyPSU posted:

That looks like a hangover cure in burrito form.

It is. The finest ever crafted. Drag your rear end to work. Needlegun until 1030. Go to the bowling alley for a fried rice omelette. Go back to the boat and sack out in VLC. Rip rear end contentedly.

e: our judges would also have accepted "sack out in CSES. Rip rear end contentedly."

hogmartin fucked around with this message at 23:58 on May 13, 2016

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

Laranzu posted:

Cholula is really the only choice.

quoting this so historians know it's the correct answer

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
Franks. Everyone in this thread needs to go reevaluate life choices.

Cerekk
Sep 24, 2004

Oh my god, JC!
If there is anything in English on your hot sauce bottle you have already screwed up.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

All hot sauces are beautiful. Upvote if you're a big beautiful bottle who don't need no man

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Ron Jeremy posted:

All hot sauces are beautiful. Upvote if you're a big beautiful bottle who don't need no man

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Man, different hot sauces for different foods, I thought you fucks knew better.

Valentina's on potato chips, pork rinds or whatever fried snack you like.
Cholula on burritos, also interchangeable with Tapatio.

Frank's for wings and sandwiches.

Tabasco for eggs.

Sriracha for everything not listed above and for poo poo like marinades.

This poo poo isn't that hard.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

hogmartin posted:

Valentina, guys. Valentina.

This guy gets it

No need to have insanely spicy hot sauce that burns your butthole

Texas Pete is also acceptable

But yeah I'll never get the point of willingly trying to palate insanely spicy poo poo

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Pato, known as "Duck Sauce" in Mexico, is my favorite

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
the only hot sauce that came with tray rats was texas pete. thus, i associate texas pete with tray rat cornbeef hash and crunchy scrambled eggs.

also, texas pete sucks.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Hot Sauce debate causes more posts in the Navy thread than anything else in the past 3 months.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

Laranzu posted:

Hot Sauce debate causes more posts in the Navy thread than anything else in the past 3 months.

It feels like we stopped getting new recruits, especially after they merged the "ask about joining the military" thread. But really not much left to talk about either, I can't believe I've been posting in Navy threads for five loving years already.

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007
Show of hands, who's actually still in the loving Navy vs. who's just here because they got out a decade ago and sometimes miss talking Navy to people who who know wtf they're talking about.

What's up with people coming in the building through the door on their left, amirite? :PO2 Seinfeld:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

hogmartin posted:

Show of hands, who's actually still in the loving Navy vs. who's just here because they got out a decade ago and sometimes miss talking Navy to people who who know wtf they're talking about.

What's up with people coming in the building through the door on their left, amirite? :PO2 Seinfeld:

Dumb reservist here.

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007

Stultus Maximus posted:

Dumb reservist here.

Ex-STS-2/SS, got out in 2006, Pearl Harbor. Nice to meet you :tipshat:

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

hogmartin posted:

And how 'bout that aquaflage, huh? Good camouflage if you fall overboard! Thanks, you're a great audience, I'll be here all week for the next 4+ years.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Laranzu posted:

This should not come as a surprise to anyone who's been on the boat

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Still in. 8 years already. 4 more till the next get out date.

Ship conversations were often dirtier or dumber than hot sauce

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

hogmartin posted:

Evil unkempt-bearded contractor.

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

hogmartin posted:

Former FT1, now CTN1. It all actually started with Cerrek convincing me subs where a good idea in the Ask/Tell thread day before GiP was reborn.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
its been three years since i deuced out.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Been out for two years now and my IRR time runs out in one week.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

hogmartin posted:

Reservist FC1, sucking on that sweet government teet for my day job.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I am part of a naval vessel "crew". I use the term in the loosest sense possible because I don't actually know anything about ships but I get to go to khaki meetings and nod my head sagely like I know what everyone is talking about. Afterwards I mostly hide in my office and play PS4 or watch YouTube while everyone practices main space fire drills over and over.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
One year down, only three four more left!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

I am part of a naval vessel "crew". I use the term in the loosest sense possible because I don't actually know anything about ships but I get to go to khaki meetings and nod my head sagely like I know what everyone is talking about. Afterwards I mostly hide in my office and play PS4 or watch YouTube while everyone practices main space fire drills over and over.

CCO?

• Locked thread