Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
Aoba will get a HP boost to make it relevant after the improved Furutaka.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.

NTRabbit posted:

The fact that the Nurnberg currently only has an A and B hull, the patch notes leak says it's a new C hull, and there's no mention of any changes to the A or B hull

So if I was grinding the Nurnberg, why would it not be reasonable to assume that I'd have to buy the C hull before completing the ship? Would this not potentially add to my grind, and credit reserves? Yes, sure... I could keep the B hull and save my fighter... but I'd rather be out of the ship.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

jownzy posted:

So if I was grinding the Nurnberg, why would it not be reasonable to assume that I'd have to buy the C hull before completing the ship? Would this not potentially add to my grind, and credit reserves? Yes, sure... I could keep the B hull and save my fighter... but I'd rather be out of the ship.

C hull could be conceivably a sidegrade off the B hull, they have done this before, or a reduction in B hull EXP cost.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 14:04 on May 12, 2016

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

jownzy posted:

Eve if the C hull is compulsory, it won't matter, because they'll subtract the cost of the C hull from the total to unlock the Yorck, inserting it into the middle without changing the real total it takes to get there.

ie it currently takes 70500xp to get from hull B to the Yorck, after the changed it'll take 12k to get from hull B to hull C, and 58500 to get from hull C to the Yorck. The amount of XP it takes to go up the tree is all balanced between nations.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 14:09 on May 12, 2016

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

Well, I hope that's all true. I haven't seen them mention that.

I haven't pulled out my calculator, but it doesn't seem like all the exp required per tier is equivalent...

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

It's balanced so that every tree takes roughly the same amount of XP and game hours to reach tier 10. At least that's how it is in Tonks, I assume the same is true here.

quote:

Nurnberg – Hull C (new). Removed two torpedo tubes and catapults for additional AA guns. AA goes to 32/60/89. The total research cost is unchanged.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

Wow, taking the torpedo tubes too?!? At least they aren't loving us in the rear end with additional research, since we clearly aren't getting a reach around with this "upgrade".

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The Omaha gives up torpedo tubes and main gun turrets to get more AA on hull C, so it's not alone.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
I can't wait for the American cruiser split so I can have my old CBT Cleveland back.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

MoraleHazard posted:

I can't wait for the American cruiser split so I can have my old CBT Cleveland back.

CBT Cleveland was a murder machine, but they also have significantly changed American shell ballistics since CBT, they used to be much flatter.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Heads up, but I had a patch today (might have been yesterday, but I didn't play any yesterday) and things are broke again. I saw an atlanta out of range still having the lock icon over it and only about half the sounds are playing. That is after I had to restart the client because it couldn't load the port.

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?
I haven't played this thing since last November, what has changed since?

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

CBT Cleveland was a murder machine, but they also have significantly changed American shell ballistics since CBT, they used to be much flatter.

I hope they buff US shell ballistics a bit.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

jownzy posted:

Well, I hope that's all true. I haven't seen them mention that.

It's what they did when a bunch of battleships got C hulls several patches ago. The total XP cost was the same, just split between the new B and C upgrades.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

There's an awesome new bug: if you momentarily lose your connection, instead of sending you back to the login screen the game will just hang and make you force close then restart it to rejoin the battle. So now it takes twice as long to recover from any connectivity issues.

e: it's kinda like that UI bug that I never actually encountered but heard about. When it hangs I can still move the camera around but the icons stay in the same part of the screen.

Godlessdonut fucked around with this message at 23:35 on May 12, 2016

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

I'm hearing reports that target lockon and torpedo alerts are broken. Can't verify it myself because it's peak retard time right now and none of my teams live more than a few minutes. :commissar:

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Sperglord Actual posted:

I'm hearing reports that target lockon and torpedo alerts are broken. Can't verify it myself because it's peak retard time right now and none of my teams live more than a few minutes. :commissar:

Don't know about the torpedo warning, but sometimes you'll get a second target lock-on symbol on an enemy ship that you're not even looking at. This is in addition to the lock-on symbol on the target you are shooting at, and this second one can even appear on a ship that's way out of your range. Can be a little distracting but I don't think it directly fucks with your shots.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

El Disco posted:

Don't know about the torpedo warning, but sometimes you'll get a second target lock-on symbol on an enemy ship that you're not even looking at. This is in addition to the lock-on symbol on the target you are shooting at, and this second one can even appear on a ship that's way out of your range. Can be a little distracting but I don't think it directly fucks with your shots.

I've had lacking audio as well. I think I remember getting torp sounds, but there was no music and other many other effects I was expecting. As you said, the ui thing is also there. I don't know what they were doing in that patch, but it appears to have regressed back before the ui fix they implemented.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

:wargaming:

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Pacra posted:

Looks like the scene from uncharted 2. Except, you aren't a uboat.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Pacra posted:

Hey, a ship that could go on land would be an interesting addition to the game.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

Khisanth Magus posted:

At this point I feel like we will get the Ekranoplan before we get British ships

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010

Pacra posted:

What was your score??

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

TSBX posted:

What was your score??

Not my Kagero.

Looks like they're finally putting shore batteries in game though!

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Khisanth Magus posted:

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

More documentation than most of the Russian and German cruiser lines.

New New Fresh
May 26, 2013

Here's a game I've been mad about all week:

So I was thinking I was gonna end up with something good out of my last 20 minutes of premium together with the first win of the day. But nope, pubbies find a way.

:fishmech:

Bonus:

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
^ Ouch

Anyway, I've taken a break from the long tier VIII grind and fitted out a S. Carolina to screw around in. It's kind of an amazing ship when you go back to it after you've learned how to aim, although I guess it helps that everyone else is a tier III noob.

I feel like Freud would have loved this image.

Ghetto Prince fucked around with this message at 06:38 on May 15, 2016

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

"Dear Modern Mechanix,

I am a long time subscriber to your fine magazine, and greatly appreciate the exciting new ideas you share with the world every month. As an avid amateur engineer, I was especially thrilled with your art and article on the Land Battleship and Submarine Land Dreadnaught, and was wondering if you have any further information? I would be very thankful if you were able to provide me with the postal address of the designer, so that I may correspond with him more directly.

Sincerely,
A. Hitler
Munich, Germany"

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Wow, when the NC hits, it hits like a loving truck. Just a matter of getting those dispersion rolls... or getting in really close.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
I just got a NC and have played it enough to unlock the second hull (50k XP). I have to say, I think its the most over-rated ship in the game. I honestly prefered the Colorado. The Colorados guns are much more accurate and it feels all round tougher although admiteddly teh NC is a beast bow-on.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
I'm not sure its legal to use the word "accurate" in the same sentence as "Colorado".

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I really hate what they've done to carriers since beta.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

MREBoy posted:

According to what I've read on aslain.com, there was a total of one person making the lone minimap mod available for WoWs, and he (Kvalme) quit working on it due to some NDA or developer restriction/have to sign up or register mod with Wargaming/other non-specified bullshit. So basically the dude just said fuckit and stopped working on it due to :shrug: . Supposedly some of the features the mod had will become built-in when 0.5.6 shows up.

gently caress that noise, someone update that mod ASAP. It's the best mod.

New New Fresh posted:

Here's a game I've been mad about all week:

So I was thinking I was gonna end up with something good out of my last 20 minutes of premium together with the first win of the day. But nope, pubbies find a way.

Sometimes, you can only carry so hard:

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

kaesarsosei posted:

I just got a NC and have played it enough to unlock the second hull (50k XP). I have to say, I think its the most over-rated ship in the game. I honestly prefered the Colorado. The Colorados guns are much more accurate and it feels all round tougher although admiteddly teh NC is a beast bow-on.

All the US battleships (except tier 9 and 10 if you use the accuracy module) have essentially the same accuracy :ssh:

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

blowfish posted:

gently caress that noise, someone update that mod ASAP. It's the best mod.

Sometimes, you can only carry so hard:

Nah, truly heavy teams are the ones where you get Kraken, High Caliber and Confederate, ALONG with outscoring everyone in the entire match, and your team still manages to lose.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Lord Koth posted:

Nah, truly heavy teams are the ones where you get Kraken, High Caliber and Confederate, ALONG with outscoring everyone in the entire match, and your team still manages to lose.

however, the Ibuki is meh and I can't wait to get the Zao. RIP 8000+ XP that could've brought me closer to that point. I think it's the only boat for which I consistently use the +50% XP flag.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

blowfish posted:

however, the Ibuki is meh and I can't wait to get the Zao. RIP 8000+ XP that could've brought me closer to that point. I think it's the only boat for which I consistently use the +50% XP flag.

Eh, I've got around 70 or so at the moment from various sources, so I've finally just started tossing them on most ships I'm trying to move up in. Especially if they're stock and I'm trying to get out of it to the actually decent hull. Alternatively, because it's the Izumo and, while no longer terrible, I just want to get to Yamato already. Overall, I'm just trying to break my hoarding habit with the various flags.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Lord Koth posted:

Eh, I've got around 70 or so at the moment from various sources, so I've finally just started tossing them on most ships I'm trying to move up in. Especially if they're stock and I'm trying to get out of it to the actually decent hull. Alternatively, because it's the Izumo and, while no longer terrible, I just want to get to Yamato already. Overall, I'm just trying to break my hoarding habit with the various flags.

70? I have over 250 of some of mine. Do you think I can afford to use some of them? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

kaesarsosei posted:

I feel the same way. Was much easier to bring all your guns to bear in the Colorado, and 8 RNG chances seemed to be way more consistent than 6 with the NC. I generally have good games in the NC, but I don't like to play it if that makes any sense.