Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

Honestly around here they seemed to appear for a few years in the mid 00s then just kinda go away again for the most part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004
A few CVS's in downstate NY are taking them out actually. According to my old manager it was because when CVS did the math on their particular machine they vastly, vastly underestimated the cost of spot and routine maintenance and that apparently was enough to kill the savings from replacing the cashiers pretty quickly.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

William Bear posted:

Frustratingly, there is little professional scientific research on the subject. The best I was able to find was "The possible pain experienced during execution by different methods" by Harold Hillman, a British neurobiologist, in 1992. This is what he wrote on beheading:

Well there also is the idea of reinforcing the idea you are killing someone else.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

MC Nietzche posted:

A few CVS's in downstate NY are taking them out actually. According to my old manager it was because when CVS did the math on their particular machine they vastly, vastly underestimated the cost of spot and routine maintenance and that apparently was enough to kill the savings from replacing the cashiers pretty quickly.

In places like staten island or long island I imagine It's easy to underestimate how often some shitlord is going to knock one of those machines over in a fit of roid rage after his hair goop clogs the bill acceptor.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
One supermarket near me got rid of them in favor of the old fashioned cashiers (but they are also competing with a Target next door). Now you get monopoly game things with your receipt that you don't want.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

MC Nietzche posted:

A lot of places happen like that. They first get the machines in and buy way too many thinking they can replace almost all the cashiers. Then it turns out no, store #1405943 to try that isn't going to make it work either, and they have to get rid of most of them to bring back regular cashier spaces.

I have family members who are regional managers for supermarket chains - their current guiding philosophy is that you don't replace more than a third of your registers with self-checkouts if they're full size (that is, the ones that have a full belt area so someone can unload a full cart) or more than a quarter of your registers with the small ones (you know, the ones that you can fit like two or three in the space of a regular checkout lane, but they only have enough room on them for a couple of bags without juggling stuff around).

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

I like self checkout machines because I don't like talking to people when I go shopping so automate everything for all I care. Sheetz and WaWa has had automated fast food for years now with a much wider menu than anything Wendys offers without issue. My brother works at Sheetz and makes like $13 an hour in the middle of nowhere too so it's not like good wages and computers can't co-exist.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Humans dont generally grind grain or shape metal with hammers anymore. Some jobs suck and go away as soon as there is an alternative. Maybe "fast food jockey" is the latest victim

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Humans dont generally grind grain or shape metal with hammers anymore. Some jobs suck and go away as soon as there is an alternative. Maybe "fast food jockey" is the latest victim

They don't but then "artisans" set up shop and start making things by hand for that old timey hand crafted value. Hopefully nobody does that at Wendys.

Academician Nomad
Jan 29, 2016
I hope I get to find out each person's opinions about vendor checkout systems, and also any fun anecdotes they have of those systems working or only sort of working.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Academician Nomad posted:

I hope I get to find out each person's opinions about vendor checkout systems, and also any fun anecdotes they have of those systems working or only sort of working.

Consumer Politics are in season, you know.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

a shameful boehner posted:

Boxed wine is actually pretty good. You often get 3x as much for the same price and no discernable difference in taste for most people.

Source: I work in the wine industry

A few pages back but this is the pretty much the perfect USPOL post for a username/av combo

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

The self checkouts I've used outside the US don't have the bag weighing thing, I guess American grocery chains really don't trust their customers.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Wrap it up Hillaryailures. Sheldon Adelson's money is now at Trump's disposal. Expect a lot more of this in the next few weeks:

quote:

As Republicans, we know that getting a person in the White House with an "R" behind his name is the only way things will get better.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

awesmoe posted:

In a stunning first, the free market has spoken and it said it wasn't going to kill people? Are we sure we heard it right?

This is pretty awesome, just saying. The problem is that the free market is saying something that the weirdos who get off on retributive murder don't want said free market to say.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

On Terra Firma posted:

I like self checkout machines because I don't like talking to people when I go shopping so automate everything for all I care. Sheetz and WaWa has had automated fast food for years now with a much wider menu than anything Wendys offers without issue. My brother works at Sheetz and makes like $13 an hour in the middle of nowhere too so it's not like good wages and computers can't co-exist.

Sheetz has also figured out what places like Wendy's haven't, where if you pay your employees somewhat decently and give them full-time hours it pays off in the long-run compared to constantly rotating new part-time hires through training because they keep quiting after 3 weeks.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Mad Hamish posted:

This is pretty awesome, just saying. The problem is that the free market is saying something that the weirdos who get off on retributive murder don't want said free market to say.

Uh clearly it is overreaching federal regulators preventing the states from getting their death drugs from free market providers in China or elsewhere.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Squalid posted:

Fast food workers in my experience are terrible at doing those things though, and many servers are too. I can't count the number of times I've asked for recommendations and just got a stuttered nonsense response. I've had servers outright refuse to recommend anything. A computer that just spits out a random wine from the menu when asked for a pairing would be just as effective at recommendations as most servers. Probably less likely to make up a bullshit description of the bouquet too.

Anyone who jumps in the queue at a fast food restaurant without knowing exactly what they want to order is a complete and total fuckhead. It's supposed to be "fast" food, not "wait forever in the queue because the rear end in a top hat in front of you wants to have an extended conversation about recommendations, hmming and harring about what they want for ages" food.

You are way more of an inconvenience to the fast food experience than the poor bastard behind the till who is flabbergasted by some moron who actually asks for a recommendation at McDonalds.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Zerilan posted:

Sheetz has also figured out what places like Wendy's haven't, where if you pay your employees somewhat decently and give them full-time hours it pays off in the long-run compared to constantly rotating new part-time hires through training because they keep quiting after 3 weeks.

My brother said that while they still have their problems just like any other retail shop it's been a really good place to work. His bosses have been fair and very accommodating. He has epilepsy and there have been times where he's had a seizure and couldn't make it in, and they always make sure that his shift is covered no matter what. He had one at work once because he hadn't gotten enough sleep between working and school (his choice, he wasn't forced to work), and they got him home and watched over him until my mom was able to get home and take care of him. I can't speak to how other locations treat their employees but they've gone above and beyond what I would have expected.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Shakugan posted:

Anyone who jumps in the queue at a fast food restaurant without knowing exactly what they want to order is a complete and total fuckhead. It's supposed to be "fast" food, not "wait forever in the queue because the rear end in a top hat in front of you wants to have an extended conversation about recommendations, hmming and harring about what they want for ages" food.

You are way more of an inconvenience to the fast food experience than the poor bastard behind the till who is flabbergasted by some moron who actually asks for a recommendation at McDonalds.

I like how you've become progressively meaner on SA the longer you've lived in the US. It's kind of gratifying, in a way.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

I like how you've become progressively meaner on SA the longer you've lived in the US. It's kind of gratifying, in a way.

Hahaha. I'm on a grad student budget in NYC, so fast food is a staple part of the budget. poo poo is serious!

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Samurai Sanders posted:

I don't know how they ever justified selling drugs that they know will be used to kill people. I heard that doctors can justify being part of executions because they are there to ensure they go peacefully or some poo poo, but you can't really say that about the literal drugs that will be pumped into their veins to make them dead, I think.

Trabisnikof posted:

Heh, I forgot how specific it was:

I will use treatment to help the sick according to my ability and judgment, but never with a view to injury and wrong-doing. Neither will I administer a poison to anybody when asked to do so, nor will I suggest such a course. Similarly I will not give to a woman a pessary to cause abortion. But I will keep pure and holy both my life and my art. I will not use the knife, not even, verily, on sufferers from stone, but I will give place to such as are craftsmen therein.

Yeah, as a (newly graduated!) physician myself, our oath is very clear that we cannot be involved in executions. The ancient version also forbids abortions and cutting out kidney stones, although that is usually omitted from the more modern versions. Euthanasia is usually forbidden as well, despite its controversy.

I'm pretty sure the AMA has very clearly stated that physicians cannot have any part in executions. Violating that could very well get your license revoked.

edit: yup. http://www.ama-assn.org/ama/pub/physician-resources/medical-ethics/code-medical-ethics/opinion206.page

quote:

An individual’s opinion on capital punishment is the personal moral decision of the individual. A physician, as a member of a profession dedicated to preserving life when there is hope of doing so, should not be a participant in a legally authorized execution. Physician participation in execution is defined generally as actions which would fall into one or more of the following categories: (1) an action which would directly cause the death of the condemned; (2) an action which would assist, supervise, or contribute to the ability of another individual to directly cause the death of the condemned; (3) an action which could automatically cause an execution to be carried out on a condemned prisoner.

Physician participation in an execution includes, but is not limited to, the following actions: prescribing or administering tranquilizers and other psychotropic agents and medications that are part of the execution procedure; monitoring vital signs on site or remotely (including monitoring electrocardiograms); attending or observing an execution as a physician; and rendering of technical advice regarding execution. In the case where the method of execution is lethal injection, the following actions by the physician would also constitute physician participation in execution: selecting injection sites; starting intravenous lines as a port for a lethal injection device; prescribing, preparing, administering, or supervising injection drugs or their doses or types; inspecting, testing, or maintaining lethal injection devices; and consulting with or supervising lethal injection personnel.

The following actions do not constitute physician participation in execution: (1) testifying as to medical history and diagnoses or mental state as they relate to competence to stand trial, testifying as to relevant medical evidence during trial, testifying as to medical aspects of aggravating or mitigating circumstances during the penalty phase of a capital case, or testifying as to medical diagnoses as they relate to the legal assessment of competence for execution; (2) certifying death, provided that the condemned has been declared dead by another person; (3) witnessing an execution in a totally nonprofessional capacity; (4) witnessing an execution at the specific voluntary request of the condemned person, provided that the physician observes the execution in a nonprofessional capacity; and (5) relieving the acute suffering of a condemned person while awaiting execution, including providing tranquilizers at the specific voluntary request of the condemned person to help relieve pain or anxiety in anticipation of the execution.

tl dr: Physicians should not execute or assist in any way with executions except for signing the death certificate.

Cantorsdust fucked around with this message at 06:18 on May 14, 2016

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Cantorsdust posted:

Yeah, as a (newly graduated!) physician myself, our oath is very clear that we cannot be involved in executions. The ancient version also forbids abortions and cutting out kidney stones, although that is usually omitted from the more modern versions. Euthanasia is usually forbidden as well, despite its controversy.

I'm pretty sure the AMA has very clearly stated that physicians cannot have any part in executions. Violating that could very well get your license revoked.

There's always one present at executions though, is there some loophole? I remember during the last really messy one, the doctor was asked to do more than just record the time of death and got in some hot water for it IIRC

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

There's always one present at executions though, is there some loophole? I remember during the last really messy one, the doctor was asked to do more than just record the time of death and got in some hot water for it IIRC

I don't know enough to say. Some cursory googling couldn't find any examples of doctors being punished for their involvement. Best I could find was the board of anesthesiology threatening loss of board certification for any anesthesiologist helping with an execution. http://www.theaba.org/PDFs/BOI/CapitalPunishmentCommentary

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Cantorsdust posted:

I don't know enough to say. Some cursory googling couldn't find any examples of doctors being punished for their involvement. Best I could find was the board of anesthesiology threatening loss of board certification for any anesthesiologist helping with an execution. http://www.theaba.org/PDFs/BOI/CapitalPunishmentCommentary

Looks like it's a violation but nothing has been done. Involvement has been pretty unambiguous, at least in the case I was thinking:

The Cruel and Unusual Execution of Clayton Lockett

quote:

The paramedic stuck a needle into a vein in Lockett’s left arm. A few drops of blood moved up the catheter—“flashback.” A good sign. It meant the needle was in the vein. But she’d forgotten tape to hold the IV in place. She asked someone to bring it to her, but the IV slipped out before she could secure it. Lockett’s arm started to bleed, so she put pressure on it and tried again. This time, she didn’t get flashback. Then she tried a brachial vein, near Lockett’s biceps. No luck there.

By now, she’d tried to place an IV three times. She’d been taught that if you can’t find a vein after the third attempt, you ask someone else to step in. So she asked the doctor to help.

The doctor, Johnny Zellmer, was a last-minute substitute. (Zellmer, whose name was revealed in a lawsuit following the execution and in multiple press reports, has not denied his involvement. He did not respond to requests for comment.) He was a local family-medicine and emergency-room physician who’d participated in just one previous execution. Zellmer had arguably violated his profession’s oath to “never do harm” the moment he stepped into the death chamber. Indeed, the American Medical Association’s code of ethics states that physicians should not participate in executions, even in a supervisory capacity. But Zellmer thought his job would be limited to checking the offender for consciousness and pronouncing the time of death. He wasn’t expecting to actually do anything to Lockett.

The paramedic’s request for help put him in the position of no longer just observing the execution but actively facilitating it. She was clearly struggling, though. He scanned Lockett’s body and didn’t see any good veins. Then Lockett turned his head, and the paramedic saw a vein in his neck pop up. She pointed it out to Zellmer. “Get me a needle for the jugular,” he said.

This was an odd choice. IVs in the neck are painful, and also hard to place. On the arms and legs, you can use a tourniquet to bring the veins up. You cannot do that on the neck, because a tourniquet on the neck is effectively a noose, and while this was an execution, it was not a hanging.

It's a good read, a very fine article that's more than a bit troubling

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

Uh, why do you think there are always doctors there? Texas uses EMTs because they couldn't find doctors.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

Looks like it's a violation but nothing has been done. Involvement has been pretty unambiguous, at least in the case I was thinking:

The Cruel and Unusual Execution of Clayton Lockett

It's a good read, a very fine article that's more than a bit troubling

Holy poo poo:

quote:

In October 2013, Florida had used a sedative called midazolam in the execution of William Happ. Florida officials had determined that it was “the most humane and dignified way to do the procedure.” Doctors sometimes administer midazolam during anesthesia, but usually just to relax the patient, and in combination with a drug that blocks pain. In a high enough dose, it should render the patient unconscious—but some experts argue that, unlike sodium thiopental and pentobarbital, midazolam cannot produce the deep, coma-like state needed to guarantee he feels no pain.

Midazolam (trade name Versed) is a very short acting benzodiazepine (like Xanax or Valium) sedative. Wears off in minutes. For patients we'd use it as a second-choice drug for sedation during minor procedures like endoscopy if they are too unstable for deeper anesthesia. The sedation is very light, and most patients are still awake enough to move their arms and legs and mumble.

quote:

Zellmer got the needle into Lockett’s neck and saw flashback, but then saw blood spread under the skin—he thought the needle might have gone all the way through the vein. Zellmer decided to try a subclavian line, in a vein running beneath Lockett’s collarbone. The paramedic brought him a central-venous catheterization kit, and Zellmer numbed Lockett’s chest with lidocaine. The paramedic tried two different veins on Lockett’s right foot; both attempts failed.

Again holy poo poo. A subclavian line aka central line is an invasive method of venous access. You wouldn't do it in a hospital setting without a semi-sterile field and a chest x-ray after to confirm placement. Routinely done by Interventional Radiology with ultrasound guidance, but can be done in an emergency or ICU situation by an ER or internal medicine doc, so Zellmer is probably qualified to do it, just not really in this setting. Possible complications would include a potentially dangerous pneumothorax, which I assume the prison is unequipped to treat. That's some ER doc cowboy bullshit there. Or it would be, if you weren't doing it to a condemned man. That's why attending an execution is morally risky in the best of situations. You're risking compromising your standards of patient care because "what does it matter what I do to the dead man?".

quote:

“I need to get another IV in the left femoral,” Zellmer told her. She swabbed Lockett’s groin with a sterile pad.

“Take deep breaths,” the paramedic told Lockett, in case he could hear her, while Zellmer pushed the short needle back into Lockett’s groin. Blood squirted all over Zellmer, so much of it that it soaked his jacket.

“You’ve hit the artery,” the paramedic said.

“It’ll be all right,” Zellmer told her. “We’ll go ahead and get the drugs.”

Did he intend to put drugs in an artery? The paramedic didn’t want to countermand the doctor’s authority, but that made no sense. “We’ve got to get the vein,” she said. The doctor pulled out the needle.

Almost laughed here. No poo poo you have a high risk of hitting the femoral artery if you're loving with the femoral vein. But what the doctor said does make sense. Doesn't matter if the drugs are going into an artery or vein, either would work. What's concerning to me is that if you've caused a femoral artery bleed and you aren't doing anything to stop it, then you're probably responsible for that person's death, not the drugs.

By my read, sounds like Zellmer got roped into what he thought would be a straightforward, minor task--starting an IV--and wouldn't back down once he got involved. Awful situation, and why you shouldn't get involved with poo poo like this in the first place. He's already failing to treat the prisoner like his patient--maybe because he's not really. You wouldn't do these things to a patient, and the only justification is that you're doing them to a dead-man-walking. That seems morally and ethically wrong to me. Thanks for the article.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Let's just have a state torturer I guess if that's what really matters. They can draw and quarter the perp, and everyone can get whatever the gently caress it is they're looking for by not just suffocating or shooting people.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

If high school taught me anything trying to act like a girl if you're a boy just to go into the girl's bathroom will get you beaten up and ostracized and Josh and his jock friends will hold you down and spit on you and you just get shy using the urinals and the stalls don't have doors in the boy's bathroom you just wanted to have some privacy so you could draw your dragons in your art book.

This is a few pages old so sorry if it's been addressed, but what the gently caress. I went to a literal Catholic (well Jesuit) high school and that was weird but we at least had privacy whilst making GBS threads, what kind of school has non-private sitdown toilets??

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Why would a prison not be equipped to treat a pneumothorax? The only specialized equipment you really need is a needle.

I realize that's not important to your point I'm just curious why you'd say that, though I suspect the answer is that real physicians in real hospitals would be horrified by the MacGyver poo poo we do treating battlefield trauma.

I can make a sick flutter valve with a shopping bag and some duct tape though.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Chard posted:

This is a few pages old so sorry if it's been addressed, but what the gently caress. I went to a literal Catholic (well Jesuit) high school and that was weird but we at least had privacy whilst making GBS threads, what kind of school has non-private sitdown toilets??

Any bathroom that has people painting with poo poo usually ends up having that happen to it in the schools that don't give a poo poo.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Jarmak posted:

Why would a prison not be equipped to treat a pneumothorax? The only specialized equipment you really need is a needle.

I realize that's not important to your point I'm just curious why you'd say that, though I suspect the answer is that real physicians in real hospitals would be horrified by the MacGyver poo poo we do treating battlefield trauma.

I agree in the short term you only need a needle. But then you really should be placing a chest tube, which is going to require a water valve and suction (neither, presumably, are at a prison), and you should probably be getting some sort of imaging at that point, and...

Again, dude's supposed to be dead in the short term, so all these things don't really matter. But that's my point; you're not treating the condemned like a person, a patient, anymore. And that's the fundamental ethical problem I see.

Person Dyslexic
Jul 23, 2007
Today I tried to checkout with a kiosk and it goddamn refused to register the fruit leather I was buying. Got sick of waiting for the person on duty to come over and override the scale and moved on to the other machine which did the same thing, then moved to the next and it worked fine. All told I gummed up 2 kiosks (tried to cancel orders but you need an override for that too) but was still able to get out faster than if I had waited in line for a human cashier, but then again i only had 4 things. The people behind me probably weren't too pleased but they exist in a reality outside of my own that ceases the moment I step outside the grocery store.

Anyways that's my story of kiosks and I look forward to hearing yours!

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

I've never had a problem with kiosks except for when I was living in Italy it seemed like the tolerance on the conveyor scales were so loving tight getting them to work felt like defusing the missiles from The Rock. I always liked the kiosks otherwise because at base commissaries the baggers work for tips and I never felt like paying someone to bag my groceries for me.

Also loving lol at whoever said that not trusting customers is a US thing, maybe if your only point of comparison is Canada.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

SurgicalOntologist posted:

5-10 years ago self-checkout was poo poo but nowadays, where I live at least, they're not a big deal. Most supermarkets have a few, and the lines are only slightly shorter than the cashiers'. I get stuck in line behind someone arguing about coupons with the cashier, or taking 30 minutes to write a check, practically once a week. But I haven't been stuck behind someone struggling at a kiosk in probably 5 years. :shrug:

From everything I've seen, this is pretty much the niche self-checkout has settled into. Even with the initial bugs worked out it's not particularly faster or cheaper on average, but impatient people feel like they're doing something in self-checkout so are happier. And people who suck at self-checkout by now have learned this and don't bother with it any more.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Jarmak posted:

Privatized hospitals are not famous for their quality of care. They got reamed recently for failing to treat patients and even purposefully letting them die of neglect.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Though blacksmithing is really goddamn fun and relaxing if you find the right forge.

Isaac0105
Dec 9, 2015

SSJ2 Goku Wilders posted:

If Strasser had not died, and had instead won and gotten to power, we could've avoided so much slaughter. We basically live in social fascism as it is but of the Nazi kind, as we the West have imperial domination of the globe by means of militarist nationalism and covert intimation of white anglophone european ethnic supremacy delivered by an unjust corporatist system. the Big Lie, Big Other / Enemy in the Marcusian sense and social darwinism are still very mch present and none is of course undertaken in the interest of a classless society.

I believe the Trump candidacy would be terrible if brought to fruition, as it would increase in the power of the financialist-capitalist interest groups. The proper Strasserite candidate, just like Corbyn in the UK, is of course: Bernie Sanders or Hillary Clinton. Hillary's ties to the financial elite are too strong to ignore but I think that without the Sanders plan to liberate higher learning institutions from the clutches of the financial elite, the impending student debt crisis will materialize under Hillary's watch, the consequences of which will at least prepare a new jugend for Bernie or another candidate.

2020 will be the year of the Strasserite party. The defeat of trump will radicalize the right wing, proving the necessity of shattering finance capitalism. A new force will be organized from the three pillars of Ron Paul, Jesse Ventura and Bernie Sanders

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Cantorsdust posted:

I agree in the short term you only need a needle. But then you really should be placing a chest tube, which is going to require a water valve and suction (neither, presumably, are at a prison), and you should probably be getting some sort of imaging at that point, and...

Again, dude's supposed to be dead in the short term, so all these things don't really matter. But that's my point; you're not treating the condemned like a person, a patient, anymore. And that's the fundamental ethical problem I see.

I've seen some extremely questionable patient care in a prison--I can't imagine that it doesn't extend to state-sponsored executions.

Ask me about the time I responded to a cardiac arrest and the attending at the infirmary gave 3mg 1:1000 Epi IV through a 22g in the L AC.

I guess PCPs are rusty with their ACLS.

:suicide:

Or the cardiac arrest non-consent-to-exam we had because the NP "got pulses back" and the doc would "look at him in the morning."

It was midnight and we were quite literally locked out of the infirmary.

I'd seriously consider suicide before going to prison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Isaac0105 posted:

2020 will be the year of the Strasserite party. The defeat of trump will radicalize the right wing, proving the necessity of shattering finance capitalism. A new force will be organized from the three pillars of Ron Paul, Jesse Ventura and Bernie Sanders

Will Sanders have a mechanical body in this scenario or are we talking about a talking skeleton here?

• Locked thread