Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
There is only one best Travis line and it is this one https://youtu.be/oVV3EzrfkE0?t=3m25s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

flatluigi posted:

I hate whichever one of you mentioned forever ago that the flophouse ad sounds exactly like one dude doing three different voices because I'm still slowly catching up to current MBMBAMs and it's all I can think of whenever it comes up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx4ZSQCXAa0

If Elliott Kalan didn't have the voice of a cartoon character, it wouldn't be so bad.

My favorite Travis bit is always going to be the Mango cult. His one-liners are pretty killer sometimes, but that bit and his following commitment to it is one of my favorite moments in the show.

"It's like you've discovered some new color somewhere between red and orange."
"It's called Mango."

e:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhDDwvAhfGw

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I wonder how many Goosebumps covers would work/be improved if you replaced the little one-liner on the illustration with "I hosed Up."

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Between Worcestershire, lip zipping, and zebras being horse minstrel shows Travis is the funniest brother. He just doesn't talk as much so it's easy to forget.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Thank Travis for Travis.

I alternated between thinking Griffin and Justin were funniest for a while, but now I just appreciate all of them for their different styles. All brothers best brothers.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Justin and Griffin are just more present. Justin's best remembered for his long bits (Amelie, Glass Shark, etc...), and Griffin for his reactionary dialogues (Torsey, Cracker Barrel, etc...). Travis has always been quietly a master of the well-placed one-liner.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Travis doing his impression of Griffin this week made me laugh out loud in public.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

The brothers are some of the best improv comics I've ever listened to. Their ability to find the "game" of a premise and escalate it is superior to most actual, professional improv groups. The Petting Zoo Bathroom Monster is a really good example of how they find the funny bit and exploit it.

Edit: or literally any clip on YouTube. gently caress

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
Travis is the funniest brother on MBMBaM because he doesn't have to try to carry the comedy and can sit back and listen and the drop a well-timed goof bomb that just kills it, but outside of MBMBaM he's pretty hit-or-miss (I've given up on Bunker Buddies at this point, but I'm still listening to Trends Like These because Brent is a funny enough foil that Travis can sort of do the same thing as he does on MBMBaM and sometimes he gets actually, legitimately angry at the bullshit in the world and that's comforting, somehow.) Justin is the funniest brother on his own, just floating out in space or on things where he has a consistent goof partner, and Griffin is the most flexible brother, able to fit into a whole bunch of situations and configurations and be funny in them regardless.

Rileigh is the real top-tier goofmeister of the extended McElroy family, though. That girl's gonna go far.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

*sighs deeply*

Griffin is, objectively, the best brother. Even when his regrettable Amiibo Corner scandal came to light.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Griffin is an ideas man, while Justin is all about execution. Griffin wouldn't spend 10 minutes doing Schnowden or Amelie, or looking up facts about Ronald McDonald. Conversely, I can't imagine Juice writing his own DnD campaign. It's a difference in kind.

Also, Justin tends to give the most useful genuine advice, while Travis' is typically just confusing.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

SpacePig posted:

Conversely, I can't imagine Juice writing his own DnD campaign. It's a difference in kind.
In The The Adventure Zone Zone they asked him if he'd run one and he was just like 'uhhh no'. You've gotta have a certain mindset to be a DM, it's fair.

Agreed that Rileigh is top-tier though, in the Teen Girl episode of Sawbones her Justin impression was so incredibly on point all throughout. I'd advise anyone to give Still Buffering a go, too, even if they think it's not really "for" them.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

SpacePig posted:

Griffin is an ideas man, while Justin is all about execution. Griffin wouldn't spend 10 minutes doing Schnowden or Amelie, or looking up facts about Ronald McDonald. Conversely, I can't imagine Juice writing his own DnD campaign. It's a difference in kind.

Also, Justin tends to give the most useful genuine advice, while Travis' is typically just confusing.

Griffin's Amiibo Corner. TAZ. #Stonerznation. The trifecta of perfection - the trifection - that proves without a doubt Griffin is objectively the best brother.

Also his vine is really good.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Where the hell is Griffin's Amiibo corner anyway. Surely he's out of jail by now

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

He got food poisoning from Dan and Patrick.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Toxxupation posted:

Griffin's Amiibo Corner. TAZ. #Stonerznation. The trifecta of perfection - the trifection - that proves without a doubt Griffin is objectively the best brother.

Also monster factory

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Toxxupation posted:

https://vine.co/v/ijqwFdAz5pU

Hmm...

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Justin would make a good DM I assumed his reluctance was due to being busy having a kid/living the island lifestyle.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Justin is way too likely to run a joke right into the ground. Hes better about it lately but he still drops the Shnowden voice in years after it stopped being funny.

There's an old episode where he keeps bringing up this "Vaseline /water ratio" joke that I always skip because it's so viciously not funny and he seriously drops it like ten times over the course of the hour. Griffin is usually pretty good at clamping down on that poo poo.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Travis343 posted:

Justin is way too likely to run a joke right into the ground. Hes better about it lately but he still drops the Shnowden voice in years after it stopped being funny.

There's an old episode where he keeps bringing up this "Vaseline /water ratio" joke that I always skip because it's so viciously not funny and he seriously drops it like ten times over the course of the hour. Griffin is usually pretty good at clamping down on that poo poo.

You know...I was looking for bean bag refills, but the thing is, uh. They come in bags. So, you know, why not cut out the middleman?

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

SpacePig posted:

If only he could advise himself to stop making GBS threads his pants.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Toxxupation posted:

There is a severe lack of no problem fun in this post.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I'm going to have to try and buy DC tickets at my brother's graduation tomorrow on my phone. I'm gonna be pissed as hell if i miss out

bergeoisie
Aug 29, 2004
Wooooo! I got tickets to the DC show!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i got an nyc ticket, by the time my page refreshed all the orchestra tickets were gone so i got a middle section ticket. it's cool, though, that venue's big but i think you'll be able to see fine from anywhere.

loving crazy that a couple years ago i saw mbmbam in a tiny improv theater in the flatiron district in the front row and now im seeing them in the middle of the same drat venue i saw young thug last week in times square. brothers keep movin up!

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

abraham linksys posted:

i got an nyc ticket, by the time my page refreshed all the orchestra tickets were gone so i got a middle section ticket. it's cool, though, that venue's big but i think you'll be able to see fine from anywhere.

loving crazy that a couple years ago i saw mbmbam in a tiny improv theater in the flatiron district in the front row and now im seeing them in the middle of the same drat venue i saw young thug last week in times square. brothers keep movin up!

2018's MaxFun drive reward for super doners will be a MBMBaM live show with special guest Lin-Manuel Miranda, who is in Hamilton costume because the live show venue is Broadway and they do Hamilton right after.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

The Playstation Theater already has a larger capacity than the Richard Rodgers.

(Saw LMM tweeting he won't be able to go to the show because he has a show that night, but man that must especially sting considering how close the two theaters are to each other.)

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I'm putting all my money on Justin making GBS threads his pants in the middle of a live show.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
So pumped to see the bros live, got really good orchestra seats

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

How we gonna goon meet this thing

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

Democratic Pirate posted:

2018's MaxFun drive reward for super doners will be a MBMBaM live show with special guest Lin-Manuel Miranda, who is in Hamilton costume because the live show venue is Broadway and they do Hamilton right after.

I'm kinda hoping for a digital Ham 4 Ham show with the brothers.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
I got orchestra row seats for the DC show! I am so excited. I would be willing to goonmeet if everyone else is into it.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Look on FB, I know at least in NY there's a group for pre-show drinks with MBMBAMinos.

I'll be the guy in shorts.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Coffee And Pie posted:

I'll be the guy in shorts.

Go all the way and cosplay as Island Boy.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Whizbang posted:

Go all the way and cosplay as Island Boy.

gently caress. I better wear my Margaritaville shirt. It's made of towel-thick material and it's the biggest Small I ever did see.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
This week's episode of CoolGames Inc is officially the tipping point where Griffin's "ironic" vore fetish stopped being funny.

This guy
Jul 29, 2007
YES
yeah it was a bit much

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Griffin is just the latest victim of having an ironic interest for so long it became genuine.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Where is the monster factory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Whizbang posted:

Go all the way and cosplay as Tarzan Boy.