Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Leagues run around 3 months. Perandus is coming to the end of its life. After the 30th, everything on Perandus SC gets folded into Standard. Everything still alive on Perandus HC will get folded into Standard Hardcore.

When the new league starts, everyone rolls characters there and starts fresh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
^^^ what he said

I mean, there are some people who just stick with Standard, but the vast majority stock to the Leagues.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Its worth noting that I was getting about 25mil/hour in waterways at level 99, about half in any other map. The only reason that I hit 100 is because this build is one that I find very fun. I roll high level very hard maps and see if I can do them. If I tried to grind to 100 on gorge/plateau my eyes would bleed.

3.141592653 posted:

I guess I'm not as addicted as I thought...

Just do what you have fun doing right now. If you want to set goals, i would start with more achievable goals.

Your friend is insane btw. Impressive, but insane.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Jusupov posted:

poo poo I just bought a premium and currency tabs. How much more could I have gotten when I had 10 left over?

IIRC, only the regular and premium bundles are discounted (on different days, usually premium first then regular) by ~25%.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
Hello I was gifted a Vaal Temple by Katasi and would like to help goons out with the challenge credit. I have 3 spots left if anyone needs it.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Grizlor posted:

Hello I was gifted a Vaal Temple by Katasi and would like to help goons out with the challenge credit. I have 3 spots left if anyone needs it.

I do, when are you going to run it?

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Katasi posted:

This will also be hard if you're starting right now, because on June 3rd everyone is going to be flocking to the new Prophecy league, and you'll be stuck in Standard with no one to play with.

When did they announce the name of the next league?

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013

Grizlor posted:

I needed this as well. I'm guessing we missed it?

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

Count Uvula posted:

When did they announce the name of the next league?

Another cryptic Chris Wilson signature pointed to a webpage with the text "PROPHECYJUNE3"

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

Whitest Russian posted:

I needed this as well. I'm guessing we missed it?

Goodish news (for you?), my friend who is a goon but not tagged who was gonna run it with me (and give the other spots away to other goons) had to log, so looks like we're doing it tomorrow!

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013

Grizlor posted:

Goodish news (for you?), my friend who is a goon but not tagged who was gonna run it with me (and give the other spots away to other goons) had to log, so looks like we're doing it tomorrow!

Sweet.

What time/timezone?

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
I'm up too if there's a slot.

In other news: I organized the 2wk PSC gstash a bit.

ronya fucked around with this message at 13:08 on May 14, 2016

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005
Does anyone know if you can still use Ice Spear/PCoC to build/maintain power charges if you have Ancestral Bond?

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down

Xequecal posted:

Does anyone know if you can still use Ice Spear/PCoC to build/maintain power charges if you have Ancestral Bond?

I'm using Orb of storms with pcoc and AB works so I don't see why Ice spear wouldnt.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Xequecal posted:

Yes, Ancestral Bond simply removes all damage from any hit you land by spells and attacks, you still hit enemies.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Grizlor posted:

If you want to add and PM OroYMoi I'll leave PoE whisper notifier running. I'm not in the goon guild so I wont see gchat :~(.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

ronya posted:

I'm up too if there's a slot.

In other news: I organized the 2wk PSC gstash a bit.

Thanks! I opened it up today and just omgit'sorganized! Now to see how long until some vandal breaks it...

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.
Shopping for a Voltaxic in Standard. Anybody want to sell a non-corrupted one?

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

I'm done for the night but if you still need one tomorrow I'm pretty sure I have one in Standard

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.

Social Media posted:

I'm done for the night but if you still need one tomorrow I'm pretty sure I have one in Standard

sure, what's your IGN?

e: I'm usually on 7am to 8am or so EST.

ronya fucked around with this message at 15:03 on May 16, 2016

ZyrKx
Dec 10, 2006

Licorice Whip!
So despite playing since beta I've never 6 linked anything before, until this 2 week flashback race.

Carcass Jack was first on day 3 or 4 of the race in 5 fuses.

Today I'm feeling pretty safe in my demi spot so decide to blow my currency, link the shav's in 379, then the mantle in 10.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
holy poo poo, grats!

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

they go over to standard after the race right? shame if so.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
2 week HC goes to HC, 2 week goes to standard yeah. that's where my voltaxic's sitting :v:

vvvv checked, seems to be right

Orange DeviI fucked around with this message at 01:11 on May 17, 2016

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
No, the 2 week SC/HC events roll back into Perandus SC/HC, where you'll get another week before Perandus ends and everything gets rolled back into Standard/HC.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
Should I identify rares before selling them? Or even blues? I don't know if that makes them more valuable or not.

Also I'm level 20, been playing for six hours, and just got like three chaos orbs out of a cluster of barrels somehow. :psyduck:

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1662594

I don't normally get excited about new Divination cards, but some of these are really cool. I'm pretty sure "of crafting" is the multiple crafted mods meta mod, allowing you to do that without Elreon level 8. I'm super pumped to have Rigwald's Curse available again too, crit facebreaker here I come!

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

Should I identify rares before selling them? Or even blues? I don't know if that makes them more valuable or not.

Also I'm level 20, been playing for six hours, and just got like three chaos orbs out of a cluster of barrels somehow. :psyduck:

Identifying items makes them give alt shards instead of transmute shards. Alt orbs are worth a LOT more than transmute orbs. Identifying rares and vendoring them can create a decent chunk of currency for you, but it is time consuming. I generally pick up most rares and ID them early on in a league, but I stop bothering later on. Everyone has differing opinions on this.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

Yes, you should identify things before selling them. However, blues soon stop being very valuable, so it's often better to stop picking them up (or at least toss them from your inventory if you are full and find rares)

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Selling unid'd blues is a good way to get some transmutes, which are doubly useful early on in a new league because they vendor for 4 wisdom scrolls each.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Oh god, lategame is horrid. I'm up to maps and actually getting maps I don't have a horrendous EXP penalty on is semi-impossible.

I get torture chambers occasionally, but even getting a good set of rare bonuses on a map and corrupting it to 8 slots isn't enough to coax more map drops out of a map.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

If you get Zana levelled up, she basically gives you a free t8-ish map every day in the form of her daily mission, and you can buy several more from her afterwards, which is how I got my collection of mid-tier maps rolling.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
Been busy with some other games. Have they said anything about what's after the 2 week league?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Gibbo posted:

Been busy with some other games. Have they said anything about what's after the 2 week league?

June 3 new temp league and patch 2.3.0

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Katasi posted:

Identifying rares and vendoring them can create a decent chunk of currency for you, but it is time consuming.

Time consuming? Identifying a full inventory of rares shouldn't take more than 5 seconds.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Doctor Goat posted:

Oh god, lategame is horrid. I'm up to maps and actually getting maps I don't have a horrendous EXP penalty on is semi-impossible.

I get torture chambers occasionally, but even getting a good set of rare bonuses on a map and corrupting it to 8 slots isn't enough to coax more map drops out of a map.

amount of mods doesn't guarantee map drops, the only thing that matters is packsize to get to 9s and 10s

up from there seems to be pure luck though

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
One way to bootstrap your way into T8s and higher is to level your Zana, she sells maps. You can get a shitload of gorges that way.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
If it's not 75%+ quant and +25% packsize and you're low on maps, reroll. Either chaos it or scour+alch, depending on which is cheaper at the moment.

You've got two general options for higher level mapping: either a build that can clear quickly, or a build that can clear all/almost all mods. Sometimes they're the same thing!

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Up to T8s, I wouldn't even reroll maps, just trans/alch and go

ZyrKx
Dec 10, 2006

Licorice Whip!
Missing the simplest options to jump to high tier maps, just buy them.

Probably the best method of getting high maps is to run either Vinktar or uber Atziri, they are both tier 13 level and drop appropriately and have drops that can be sold for a profit at the start of a league. This does require that you can actually clear the map though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

Valle posted:

Time consuming? Identifying a full inventory of rares shouldn't take more than 5 seconds.

Picking items up, portaling to town, IDing, checking to make sure nothing is worth selling, selling, and returning to where you were, is a hell of a lot slower than just running and killing while ignoring loot.

• Locked thread