Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Could just Fel Jax Inq, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Corbeau posted:

Could just Fel Jax Inq, right?

was literally just about to post this

Inky with PtL/v1/AT

e: I've also seen Juke/v1/AT

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
No initiative bid.

Soontir Fel (27)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
Stealth Device (3)
Royal Guard TIE (0)

Carnor Jax (26)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
Stealth Device (3)
Royal Guard TIE (0)

The Inquisitor (25)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
TIE/v1 (1)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Juke does get me a one point bid, changing the SDs into TCs gets me 2 points.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Some Numbers posted:

No initiative bid.

Soontir Fel (27)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
Stealth Device (3)
Royal Guard TIE (0)

Carnor Jax (26)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
Stealth Device (3)
Royal Guard TIE (0)

The Inquisitor (25)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
TIE/v1 (1)

Pretty good 3 ace list. Do it.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

3 point bid version:

Soontir Fel (27)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
Targeting Computer (2)
Royal Guard TIE (0)

Carnor Jax (26)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
Targeting Computer (2)
Royal Guard TIE (0)

The Inquisitor (25)
Juke (2)
Autothrusters (2)
TIE/v1 (1)

Total: 97

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Some Numbers posted:

I...could actually build two Interceptors. I have the PtLs, the titles and the ATs and I can borrow the Stealth Devices.

Ideally, what would the third ship be? I don't have access to Palpatine.

My Yavin list is probably going to be Fel, Carnor, OL.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Some Numbers posted:

3 point bid version:

Soontir Fel (27)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
Targeting Computer (2)
Royal Guard TIE (0)

Carnor Jax (26)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
Targeting Computer (2)
Royal Guard TIE (0)

The Inquisitor (25)
Juke (2)
Autothrusters (2)
TIE/v1 (1)

Put PTL on quiz
Put TC on fel
Put SD on jax

That's what I'd do.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

ConfusedUs posted:

Put PTL on quiz
Put TC on fel
Put SD on jax

That's what I'd do.

Yup me too.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I'm running that but with TIE Mk II instead of SD, because you really really need the bid.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I don't have access to a TIE Mk II.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Tekopo posted:

I'm running that but with TIE Mk II instead of SD, because you really really need the bid.

That's why I'm doing it with OL.

At my last regional I took Adaptability Vader, OL and Carnor with a 3 point bid, and the bid served me well at least once.

Smegmalicious
Mar 13, 2002

I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence.

overdesigned posted:

I started a project.

I've never regretted buying any of my X-wing ships...until now. So much cutting :negative:

What are those little boxes?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Smegmalicious posted:

What are those little boxes?

Microhangars https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/113222/microhangars-gearboxes

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Since I feel weird having a small initiative bid:

Soontir Fel (27)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
Targeting Computer (2)
Royal Guard TIE (0)

Carnor Jax (26)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
Stealth Device (3)
Royal Guard TIE (0)

"Omega Leader" (21)
Juke (2)
Comm Relay (3)
Stealth Device (3)

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

That is my list.

Well, I'm thinking probably triple stealth, but more or less.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

At the Regionals I went to the other day, PS8 is where you really needed the bid. There were some PS9+, but that PS8 level was super crowded. So many good ships at PS8 now, especially Imperial.

PS PS3/4 was also crowded, but that's kind of expected.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Also, the TTS automated movement dials keep getting better!
https://www.reddit.com/r/XWingTMG/comments/4j75ve/updated_automated_actions_for_xwing_on_tabletop/

bestbrents
Dec 2, 2002

Pillbug
I'm thinking about bringing this brobot list to a local tournament tomorrow. The local meta is an even balance of imp/palp aces, crack black, dash/miranda, and u-boats. Any thoughts? I'm debating between FCS and advanced sensors. i'll either have to ditch glitterstim or downgrade a HLC to a mangler if I make that change.

IG-88B (36)
Crack Shot (1)
Fire-Control System (2)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)
Glitterstim (2)
Autothrusters (2)
IG-2000 (0)

IG-88C (36)
Crack Shot (1)
Fire-Control System (2)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)
Glitterstim (2)
Autothrusters (2)
IG-2000 (0)

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

bestbrents posted:

I'm thinking about bringing this brobot list to a local tournament tomorrow. The local meta is an even balance of imp/palp aces, crack black, dash/miranda, and u-boats. Any thoughts? I'm debating between FCS and advanced sensors. i'll either have to ditch glitterstim or downgrade a HLC to a mangler if I make that change.

IG-88B (36)
Crack Shot (1)
Fire-Control System (2)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)
Glitterstim (2)
Autothrusters (2)
IG-2000 (0)

IG-88C (36)
Crack Shot (1)
Fire-Control System (2)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)
Glitterstim (2)
Autothrusters (2)
IG-2000 (0)

This is the list you want if you expect a lot of Palp Aces and crack swarms. U-Boats are gonna be kind tough, because there's no way you kill one before it shoots, but at least with glitterstim you're unlikely to die from one salvo.

Edit: Adn it's not like Advanced Sensors is going to be better against U-Boats. It's a fairly neutral matchup that comes down entirely to how well you can weather the first salvo.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

For all that dudes hard work somebody on reddit should really buy him a better microphone, ffs.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Hmmm, for escalation, my core is obv Luke, Wedge, Wes, and Tarn. For the 5th, should I do Dutch with TLT, or Biggs with r5-p9 and IA to absorb hits?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

ConfusedUs posted:

At the Regionals I went to the other day, PS8 is where you really needed the bid. There were some PS9+, but that PS8 level was super crowded. So many good ships at PS8 now, especially Imperial.

PS PS3/4 was also crowded, but that's kind of expected.

Yeah, JMs and Ghosts have massively shifted the PS meta. There's very little at 9+ and vast amounts at 8 and 3. Hence my being confident in taking Adaptability on Vader at the last one, and Soontir at the next.

Though, I think with the right wingman (protip, it doesn't yet exist) PS11 Dengar would clean the gently caress up in this meta.

E: and on another note, previews today for ImpAss, Eldritch Horror, GoTtcg, LotRlcg, but nothing for wangs. Gimme my wave 9 damnit.

E: on another note I magnetised the manoeuvring fins on my yv today. Did them with opposite polarities so you can swap the fins over, I think they look better pointing forward.

And they spin, too. And detach for storage.

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 23:26 on May 13, 2016

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

thespaceinvader posted:

Yeah, JMs and Ghosts have massively shifted the PS meta. There's very little at 9+ and vast amounts at 8 and 3. Hence my being confident in taking Adaptability on Vader at the last one, and Soontir at the next.

Though, I think with the right wingman (protip, it doesn't yet exist) PS11 Dengar would clean the gently caress up in this meta.

I've also struggled to find a wingman for Dengar and I think it may be a Firespray. I'd initially written them off, but if you put PTL + Rec Spec, you can double focus + evade every turn and turtle up like an imperial ace. Works really well on Boba, who is likely to max out every roll once you get into range 1.

I've been working with this list and it's surprisingly effective:

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f...amed%20Squadron

Overclocked R4 works really well on Dengar. You get a free TL from greens (half your dial), so you're free to focus most turns. Lets you get a modifier on your first shot (TL), your first defense (focus token), and then you can use Overclocked R4 to get another focus for either another incoming shot or to return fire. If you're not going to take incoming fire, it's even better.

Edit: The big problem is triple 3 U-Boats, as both of these ships is likely to die if they get hit by all three missiles at once. :(

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Ugh, my YT-1300 dial is missing. :(

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

A friend I play with was using a weird scum list with everyone at PS9. I can't remember all the cards, but I know it was Dengar, Zuckuss, and N'dru, Zuckuss and N'dru had VI, N'dru had clusters, and interestingly Dengar was not a punishing one, but a pseudo U boat build. It was an interesting list and it certainly plays into the fact that most pilots are at ps8.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I love the PS8 meta so much.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
That's because you fly PS9 Xwings :colbert:

(me too)

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
9/10/10 X-wings. :eng101:

It's incredibly gratifying lining up across from a Soontir, announcing my bid is 98 points, and watching his face fall realizing that Soontir is going to have a bitch of a time doing anything.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
So with the meta focusing more on PS8 how disastrous would it be to go from a 2 point bid to a 1 point bid? I'm thinking of putting an R5 on Dutch.

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."

overdesigned posted:

Time to email asmodee! Took ~4 weeks between submitting a request and my replacement TIE Phantom dial arriving.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

overdesigned posted:

Man, I feel that. Somehow my TIE Punisher dial is missing despite me never having played with it ever since I got it. I only found out when a friend wanted to try it in a game.

Aragaith
Jul 26, 2006

Kirisame Marisa.
In space.
Help.
Figured you'd all want to watch. Long Island, NY Regional, top table is being streamed today as well as various look overs of the entire place at https://www.twitch.tv/gengame
Tournament starts at 10am, going till who the gently caress knows. We had ~75 preregisters.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Question about bb-8 and stay on target. As I read it, you reveal dial, if it's green you can barrel roll, then change direction to make it a red?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

bunnyofdoom posted:

Question about bb-8 and stay on target. As I read it, you reveal dial, if it's green you can barrel roll, then change direction to make it a red?

Unless the FAQ says otherwise, that sounds correct. I think if you have more than one thing happening during the same step, if all triggers belong to you then you choose the order they go.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Tacopocalypse posted:

Time to email asmodee! Took ~4 weeks between submitting a request and my replacement TIE Phantom dial arriving.

Yeah their support is great, but man it takes forever. I submitted a request over a month ago due to the XWing I got with the original core having its peg snap off pretty much instantly, but still waiting for them to confirm the request. My attempts to superglue salvage it have been pretty ugly to say the least so I will certainly be happy when it arrives.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

If you want to get in on Tabletop Simulator action, it's on sale for 10 bucks at the humble bundle store.

A dollar goes to charity! :getin:

I'm gonna figure out how to use this thing and play in the next TTS league.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Question on Zuckuss pilot... has anyone run the numbers on when you do/don't want to use the extra attack die?

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Here's a slick tip from the comments:

Don't forget to use 'keep' on your ship so you can store the ships location when storing dials mid game. That way you can use 'q' to undo and the ship will return to the location you used 'keep' at.

Ostensibly that would work if you need to remove a ship to figure out bumping or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010

Finster Dexter posted:

Here's a slick tip from the comments:

Don't forget to use 'keep' on your ship so you can store the ships location when storing dials mid game. That way you can use 'q' to undo and the ship will return to the location you used 'keep' at.

Ostensibly that would work if you need to remove a ship to figure out bumping or something.

poo poo, I could have used that my last game, knew about it, but completely forgot.

Here is my related tip. Don't ever ever ever use TTS's native "undo" button. I think it's called rewind. It absolutely fucks with everything in the X-wing modules.

• Locked thread