Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Seagull posted:

how do i nuke, nothing is explained about them on this whole internet

Equip a fairy. Press the fairy button on the touch screen. It uses your Magic bar so make sure it's full enough,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

'Fairy the site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure'

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Sakurazuka posted:

'Fairy the site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure'

Except in Master Wind Waker if they're going to use the "No Fairy Magic!" rule on a "Rack Up Your KOs!" mission

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

ImpAtom posted:

Equip a fairy. Press the fairy button on the touch screen. It uses your Magic bar so make sure it's full enough,

do i need to have fed them crap in extremely specific amounts for this to work

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Seagull posted:

how do i nuke, nothing is explained about them on this whole internet

Build Magic
Tap Fairy Button.
Get 200 KOs.
Repeat

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Seagull posted:

do i need to have fed them crap in extremely specific amounts for this to work

No. The fairy nuke's strength is determined by their level (though even the strength of a lv1 fairy is "enough"), the amount of magic is reduced by the clothes they wear (on-element pants and hat can reduce it to 60% of a magic bar, normally 100), and the elemental effect from specific foods determines a lingering aftereffect of the fairy nuke (light: heal allies, dark: poison enemies, water: ally defense up, fire: enemy defense down, lightning: enemy movement slowed). Clothes are the biggest impact to actually increasing KO count, and fire/light elements can be useful for troublesome maps (fire for enemies who you aren't leveled enough to handle quickly, light for ones where they rush your keep and such).

Fairy abilities are vast and varied, but aside from the one that can heal a keep, they generally boil down to "doesn't last long enough when you activate it" or "need to re-level a fairy about a hundred times with perfect foods to earn this."

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Senerio posted:

Build Magic
Tap Fairy Button.
Get 200 KOs.
Repeat

jesus christ this was here the entire time??????

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)
Unlike other attacks, it'll kill all the enemies in an area, even ones that aren't rendered yet. I've gotten over 600 KOs by using it in areas dense enough, like the Allied Base being stormed by multiple waves of enemies.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Seagull posted:

jesus christ this was here the entire time??????

Next time a popup says "hey, listen" maybe you should.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx

tithin posted:

Ugh, doing the legends skulltula and I think I broke the mission where you get the master sword. Got the skulltula but the trigger for zelda entering the temple during the retreat into the temple isn't firing. Is there a way to load my last checkpoint?

Yeah that happened to me too. I had to literally push Zelda into the temple because she just stopped moving outside of it. If it wasn't so funny I'd have been so mad.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

legoman727 posted:

Yeah that happened to me too. I had to literally push Zelda into the temple because she just stopped moving outside of it. If it wasn't so funny I'd have been so mad.

Pushed her in and nothing happened. I let myself get killed and restarting from when the skulltula spawns. Will try again later.

e: worked! Suspect the error was letting zelda finish off the last quest mob before the temple with the help of a double shade fairy bomb

tithin fucked around with this message at 10:54 on May 13, 2016

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

ZZT the Fifth posted:

The Master Sword is a cheap crutch and I haven't been using it for exactly this reason. :colbert: I'm almost done with the Great Sea map and almost all my characters have their level 2 weapons and are at least level 30 because I've been putting in the effort to keep them all trained. Granted, there are a few characters way above that level, but that's bound to happen.

I've was over-relying on the Master Sword and it's sweet, sweet, 300 damage right until I unlocked the gauntlets. The sword is now dead to me.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

The only time I've used the Master Sword over Linkle was when I was cheesing a don't get hit fight in the Wind Waker map because it was my only choice for getting an item I needed.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Recently, I've found that using C4 as Ganondorf against character enemies works rather well as a close range option when you don't have C1 charged.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
How do you get the second Skulltula in Shining Beacon? It says that you need to defeat Volga twice, but after I defeated him once, he never showed up again.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Dunban posted:

How do you get the second Skulltula in Shining Beacon? It says that you need to defeat Volga twice, but after I defeated him once, he never showed up again.

I think you need to defeat him once before the big confrontation where Zelda depowers him, so that he shows up again for that confrontation.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Rand Brittain posted:

I think you need to defeat him once before the big confrontation where Zelda depowers him, so that he shows up again for that confrontation.

So I need to defeat him once before using the magic circle?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Dunban posted:

So I need to defeat him once before using the magic circle?

Yeah, possibly before you even get the opportunity to have the magic circle.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
I'm attempting to beat the Great Sea level with Young Link's level 2 weapon, but the enemies build up momentum really fast and steamroll everything I set up on their way to cave Zelda's face in. The golden aura Stone Blins aren't helping either, I can barely damage them, even with a WPS.

Any good strategies for that map?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Having problems with Tetra's level 4 weapon map, and Twili Midna's level 4 map. Is it just a level check thing? They're both at around 50

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Having problems with Tetra's level 4 weapon map, and Twili Midna's level 4 map. Is it just a level check thing? They're both at around 50

Get Twili Midna to at least Lv. 60 or 65 or so and you clear as long as you focus on the mission objectives. For Tetra, you want to at least be Lv. 65 (preferably 70), but that map is a slog even if she is. It's probably one of the hardest weapon reward maps if you're doing it at the recommended level for that map due to you being Tetra, but quite frankly, I know of one map which is worse than this one

ZZT the Fifth posted:

I'm attempting to beat the Great Sea level with Young Link's level 2 weapon, but the enemies build up momentum really fast and steamroll everything I set up on their way to cave Zelda's face in. The golden aura Stone Blins aren't helping either, I can barely damage them, even with a WPS.

Any good strategies for that map?

Get into Focus Spirit as soon as you can, and stay there for as long as you're able to. If you can't stay in it any longer, force end it by using the A button while in range of Stone Blins to make them show their WPG. Also, you don't take damage from elemental barriers while you're in Focus Spirit so take advantage of that and ignore fairies if you want to.

Rand Brittain posted:

Yeah, possibly before you even get the opportunity to have the magic circle.

.No need for that. Just beat him once then wait for him to reappear and get back before you use the magic circle.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

Folt The Bolt posted:

Get into Focus Spirit as soon as you can, and stay there for as long as you're able to. If you can't stay in it any longer, force end it by using the A button while in range of Stone Blins to make them show their WPG. Also, you don't take damage from elemental barriers while you're in Focus Spirit so take advantage of that and ignore fairies if you want to.

:pwn: You mean the magic gauge actually has a noticeable use besides exposing WPGs and fairy nukes?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

ZZT the Fifth posted:

:pwn: You mean the magic gauge actually has a noticeable use besides exposing WPGs and fairy nukes?

Young Link's entire schtick is that he turns into Fierce Deity Link when he enters Focus Spirit which adds the darkness effect and sword beams, on top of faster movement and attack speed and increased power to his attacks. It's for that reason that his Strong Attack (C1) converts his Special Attack into Magic.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

Folt The Bolt posted:

Young Link's entire schtick is that he turns into Fierce Deity Link when he enters Focus Spirit which adds the darkness effect and sword beams, on top of faster movement and attack speed and increased power to his attacks. It's for that reason that his Strong Attack (C1) converts his Special Attack into Magic.

Goddamn. I guess I should grind out the Special Attack Meter and Focus Spirit Extension badges for Young Link then.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

well, the Great Fairy weapon isn't exactly what I expected it to be. :stare:

Is it... actually good? I somehow killed like 800 enemies in the first keep I wandered into just testing out attacks, but I can barely see what I'm doing, her normal combos seem really slow and useless and the strong attacks seem to take ages to come out. She definitely does good damage, but.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Is it... actually good? I somehow killed like 800 enemies in the first keep I wandered into just testing out attacks, but I can barely see what I'm doing, her normal combos seem really slow and useless and the strong attacks seem to take ages to come out. She definitely does good damage, but.

It's one of the worst weapons in the game. Main strategy with GF is to basically start your combo a good way beforehand so you can get out bombs, fairy pool, or Levias before any of the harder enemies get close to you. That said, with set-up, it's one of the best AoE attackers.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

It can be absolutely incredible. She has a weird hitbox so a lot of stuff just won't hit you at all. In addition, every single combo finisher except C1 renders you totally immune to damage while executing. C1 itself trades defence for yet more attack power, C5 has an ungodly massive range and is great for keep clearing, and C6 Levias is capable of juggling just about anyone (and because of the way officers keep attempting to attack the space where you SHOULD be, they get caught in it more often than not.)

The real best thing, though, is how ludicrously powerful C1-enhanced Special attacks can be. Chain together three of those and you'll wipe out at least half a health bar of anyone you point it at, and usually more. I want to say C1 also affects WPS as well.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

The tradeoff for that weird hitbox and her immunity frames however is that if she does get hit, she takes double the damage of anyone else (triple if you've buffed yourself with C1 beforehand).

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Yeah, she's very strong, but janky as Hell.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Huh. I just realized I forgot to get Ruto's level 3 weapon, and I got her level 4 weapon anyway.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Man, I quite enjoy the Termina map, and how the main objective has a nice flow to the whole thing of "hit item, hit giant, go to next wing", but MAN when you're doing mop-up there's a lot of redoing levels for bombs and arrows.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Huh. I just realized I forgot to get Ruto's level 3 weapon, and I got her level 4 weapon anyway.

Yeah, her Lv. 4 weapon mission isn't very difficult, and it helps that the majority of enemies are weak against her element.

Bruceski posted:

Man, I quite enjoy the Termina map, and how the main objective has a nice flow to the whole thing of "hit item, hit giant, go to next wing", but MAN when you're doing mop-up there's a lot of redoing levels for bombs and arrows.

Also very true of the Wii U version.

I think my favorite Adventure Map to date right now is the Great Sea Map.

EDIT: Been playing the Trident in order to get all "ultimate weapons" for Ganondorf. Every time I play it, the more I'm sure that the Great Swords are simply that much better.

Folt The Bolt fucked around with this message at 11:19 on May 16, 2016

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I think the Trident is more fun, but since I've gotten a 5 star level 4 Great Swords its pretty much all I use whenever I can take Ganondorf into a mission to make it easy. They're definitely stronger, but the Trident is still one of my favorite weapons.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

mabels big day posted:

I think the Trident is more fun, but since I've gotten a 5 star level 4 Great Swords its pretty much all I use whenever I can take Ganondorf into a mission to make it easy. They're definitely stronger, but the Trident is still one of my favorite weapons.

Basically that; there's nothing wrong with preference: If you prefer the Trident, then by all means you should use it. It's just that objectively, it's competing with the Great Swords as one of two weapons Ganondorf can take with him into a mission, and that is simply a losing battle for the Trident.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Once I get the level 4 Trident then the game better watch out. It's on the Majora map right? I've never beaten it, but I heard there's a moon part after you get through the main area, and I imagine that it, the Dominion Rod, and the level 4 FD mask is on it, because I don't see them anywhere else.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Once I get the level 4 Trident then the game better watch out. It's on the Majora map right? I've never beaten it, but I heard there's a moon part after you get through the main area, and I imagine that it, the Dominion Rod, and the level 4 FD mask is on it, because I don't see them anywhere else.

You're right. It's on the moon, alongside the Lv. 4 Dominion Rod and the Lv. 4 Mask.

It's on Ganondorf's old costume mission.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
Yeah, the great swords are better but the trident is just plain fun, and it's not by any means bad.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

On the Giants Gather reward map, is there a reason to get the title deed, or just a cute addition?

E: ah, another trader spawns and if you reach him with the deed he drops a gold material. Agitha's pendant for me, probably random.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 02:53 on May 17, 2016

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Keiya posted:

Yeah, the great swords are better but the trident is just plain fun, and it's not by any means bad.

Yes.

It's also not especially good. Just above the average.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Manly Guys Doing Manly Things
:allears:

• Locked thread