Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Too bad this pudgy goober wasn't anywhere to be found when i realized in preschool that my body was wrong.
Could have saved me sooooooo many years of hassle. :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xGuGSDsDrM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Candyblood
Aug 19, 2013

*The worse insults for the likpas and phallos as well.

yea bro, I wouldn't know that cheesy balls and pit stank smell bad if SOCIETY wasn't there to tell me they did

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Thousand cock stare is my favourite phrase of the day.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Body odors aren't 'ours', they're the farts of the bacteria living on our skin.

Lord Psychodin
Jun 16, 2007
Lord of the fools

:dukedog:
College Slice

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Too bad this pudgy goober wasn't anywhere to be found when i realized in preschool that my body was wrong.
Could have saved me sooooooo many years of hassle. :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xGuGSDsDrM

This guy is crazy, but what do you mean by when you were in preschool?

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008

Captain Candyblood posted:

yea bro, I wouldn't know that cheesy balls and pit stank smell bad if SOCIETY wasn't there to tell me they did

even if you have the most sensitive skin ever there are good, hypoallergenic deodorants you can use that work really well

there is literally no excuse for smelling rank rear end disgusting

take better showers and swipe some dove under your pits you loving dog garbage

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Lord Psychodin posted:

This guy is crazy, but what do you mean by when you were in preschool?

They probably had some idea that they were trans in Preschool. Theey just didn't know exactly what was going on at the time so it came up as a vague 'wrongness' at the time. Am I reading that right Six-Of-Hearts?

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

Stopped reading at 1) Confused

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

My boyfriends best friend stopped showering 6 months ago because of something similar and we were all heavily against him doing it cause that's gross as gently caress. We hung out with him last weekend and he looked liked he hadn't showered in a day or two at most but he smelled totally neutral. It was the weirdest thing cause I pretty much allowed him to come over so we could force him to take a shower

I just ended up being like yeah dude if this actually works like this I guess it's ok? I dunno what the gently caress

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
I've known people who basically never showered (punk rockers and such) and while they didn't smell like overwhelming BO they also didn't smell good. They smelled like dirt. I guess if you don't mind the aroma of slightly damp earth that's fine but I'm not overly fond of it so I'll continue to bathe.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Atasnaya Vaflja posted:

even if you have the most sensitive skin ever there are good, hypoallergenic deodorants you can use that work really well

there is literally no excuse for smelling rank rear end disgusting

take better showers and swipe some dove under your pits you loving dog garbage

Don't touch Dove. Dove is terrible.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Scratch Monkey posted:

I've known people who basically never showered (punk rockers and such) and while they didn't smell like overwhelming BO they also didn't smell good. They smelled like dirt. I guess if you don't mind the aroma of slightly damp earth that's fine but I'm not overly fond of it so I'll continue to bathe.

I remember reading that that happens naturally after a certain point. You go long enough without showering, and the really sharp scent of BO mellows out. The amount of grease in your skin and hair reduces as well. It's not at all a reason to stop washing your gross body, though.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

BioEnchanted posted:

They probably had some idea that they were trans in Preschool. Theey just didn't know exactly what was going on at the time so it came up as a vague 'wrongness' at the time. Am I reading that right Six-Of-Hearts?

Ten-four, good buddy.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

It is common knowledge that many preschoolers are deviants and predators

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008

Plom Bar posted:

Don't touch Dove. Dove is terrible.

The one time I tried a different brand I had a pretty bad allergic reaction and it's scared me from trying anything else since. :negative: Guess I'm gonna have to start shopping around again.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Atasnaya Vaflja posted:

The one time I tried a different brand I had a pretty bad allergic reaction and it's scared me from trying anything else since. :negative: Guess I'm gonna have to start shopping around again.

Are you going to at least ask why he thinks Dove is terrible?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
It leaves marks on your clothes even though it says it doesn't. Mitchum gel for life :colbert:

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Plus the company that owns Dove is pretty terrible.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

oldpainless posted:

She.

Admittedly I don't have much experience with their deodorants, but their "soaps" (which they're not legally allowed to call soap, fyi) are essentially bars of solidified moisturizer that, as advertised, moisturizes the skin, but does absolutely nothing in terms of cleanliness and for folks with oily skin, causes terrible breakouts and rashes.

edit: Here's some good options for deodorants if you're a dude with sensitive skin.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Aesop Poprock posted:

My boyfriends best friend stopped showering 6 months ago because of something similar and we were all heavily against him doing it cause that's gross as gently caress. We hung out with him last weekend and he looked liked he hadn't showered in a day or two at most but he smelled totally neutral. It was the weirdest thing cause I pretty much allowed him to come over so we could force him to take a shower

I just ended up being like yeah dude if this actually works like this I guess it's ok? I dunno what the gently caress

Or he showers intermittently and lies about it.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Awfully convenient the same people who have terrible 'genetic' body odor also have terrible allergies to soaps.

Are they also allergic to regular hand soap? do they never wash their hands either? :barf:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Now I don't feel so bad with my pathological need to scrub the skin off my hand every time I go to the bathroom. At least my hands won't be dirty. :unsmith:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Hi friends, Friday the 13th got the better of a lot of goons last night and brawls broke out in a few different threads, so I need to point out that there is one (1) sanctioned gimmick poster for IoSM. Just one. Any others that pop up here could be grounds for probation.

I'm posting a warning because I tend to be lenient and it's only fair to give a heads-up.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Panfilo posted:

Awfully convenient the same people who have terrible 'genetic' body odor also have terrible allergies to soaps.

Are they also allergic to regular hand soap? do they never wash their hands either? :barf:

I do know a guy with an honest to god disorder of some kind, for some reason his sweat smells loving horrible. He showers several times a day but the moment he starts to sweat you can smell him from across the room. If he's in a car and sweats on the seat the smell lingers for hours unless you drive for a while with the windows down. Antiperspirant helps to a degree but if he just puts deodorant or body spray on they're easily overpowered by his intensely rank stench. You can imagine the professional and social difficulties he's had because of that.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Soviet Commubot posted:

I do know a guy with an honest to god disorder of some kind, for some reason his sweat smells loving horrible. He showers several times a day but the moment he starts to sweat you can smell him from across the room. If he's in a car and sweats on the seat the smell lingers for hours unless you drive for a while with the windows down. Antiperspirant helps to a degree but if he just puts deodorant or body spray on they're easily overpowered by his intensely rank stench. You can imagine the professional and social difficulties he's had because of that.

Like the kid from Freaks And Geeks?

Which I also found out is this iconic fedora dude.

Learning is fun!

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

mng posted:

Like the kid from Freaks And Geeks?

I've never seen it so I couldn't tell you. The guy is in his mid 30s and still smelled like that when I last saw him a couple of years ago. He did get married a while back though so good for him.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Hi friends, Friday the 13th got the better of a lot of goons last night and brawls broke out in a few different threads, so I need to point out that there is one (1) sanctioned gimmick poster for IoSM. Just one. Any others that pop up here could be grounds for probation.

I'm posting a warning because I tend to be lenient and it's only fair to give a heads-up.

It's cool I have LoB on ignore anyways.

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Plom Bar posted:

She.

Admittedly I don't have much experience with their deodorants, but their "soaps" (which they're not legally allowed to call soap, fyi) are essentially bars of solidified moisturizer that, as advertised, moisturizes the skin, but does absolutely nothing in terms of cleanliness and for folks with oily skin, causes terrible breakouts and rashes.

edit: Here's some good options for deodorants if you're a dude with sensitive skin.

It made me irrationally happy I got a 404 error when I clicked that link.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Soviet Commubot posted:

Oh I certainly believe its possible but I'm saying its more likely its one or the other. The odds of someone having horrible genetic stench AND being allergic to anything soap related seem pretty slim, thankfully.

Febreeze works wonders for sat-in stink though. Anything that can bind to the stink molecules and make them inert works well.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Do YoungCons links belong in this thread? Because my rear end in a top hat conservative friend just posted this on Facebook and it made me too mad not to share it. I REALLY want to share it on Facebook without this friend seeing me do it, but I'm not sure how to do that or if it's possible, so I'll put it here for right now.

http://www.youngcons.com/texas-teacher-rejects-obamas-transgender-bathroom-letter-says-hell-send-it-to-the-paper-shredder/

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Panfilo posted:

Oh I certainly believe its possible but I'm saying its more likely its one or the other. The odds of someone having horrible genetic stench AND being allergic to anything soap related seem pretty slim, thankfully.

Febreeze works wonders for sat-in stink though. Anything that can bind to the stink molecules and make them inert works well.

Yeah, there's no way you could mistake this guy for someone who just didn't wash. His smell is way different from normal body odor, it's kinda similar to the sort of burnt rubber undertone that skunk spray has, a bit like catching a whiff of a dead skunk on the other side of a freeway. When I lived back home and hung out with that guy I kept a bottle of Febreeze under my car seat for just that purpose. Stink aside, he's a pretty cool dude.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Here's a thing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trimethylaminuria

quote:

Trimethylamine builds up in the body of patients with trimethylaminuria. The trimethylamine is released in the person's sweat, urine, reproductive fluids, and breath, giving off a strong fishy or body odor. Some people with trimethylaminuria have a strong odor all the time, but most have a moderate smell that varies in intensity over time. Individuals with this condition do not have any physical symptoms, and typically appear healthy.

There is no known cure or treatment for the disorder.

Affected individuals experience shame and embarrassment, fail to maintain relationships, avoid contact with people who comment on their condition, and are obsessive about masking the odour with hygiene products and even smoking. The malodorous aspect can have serious and destructive effects on schooling, personal life, career and relationships, resulting in social isolation, low self-esteem, depression, paranoid behaviour, and suicide. Psychosocial problems resulting from delayed diagnosis, body odour and the lack of cure are considerable, making this far from a “benign” disorder.

yikes

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Ok Fella posted:

It's cool I have LoB on ignore anyways.

Me too. I don't hate LoB, I just don't want to accidentally read one of his posts.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Atasnaya Vaflja posted:

Oh my god you just rolled over onto your back submissively because some goon poo poo on your choice of soap. Respect yo self son!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Dienes posted:

Or he showers intermittently and lies about it.

The worst thing to brag about regardless

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008

Aesop Poprock posted:

Oh my god you just rolled over onto your back submissively because some goon poo poo on your choice of soap. Respect yo self son!

oldpainless posted:

I googled it and looked into it myself. I didn't need to ask Plom Bar for sources and derail when I'm also on the internet.

I also already knew Dove soap was really bad, I just didn't really know the over/under on the deodorant. It's not as much rolling over as it is opening options, honestly.

Vagina Bones.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Totally would go see feminist punk band Vagina Bones play live. :rock:

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
I used to play bass for Vagina Bones.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Ain't never seen no vagina bones on dinosaurs at the museum. Field Museum must be trying to hide some truths about EVILution!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Atasnaya Vaflja posted:

I googled it and looked into it myself. I didn't need to ask Plom Bar for sources and derail when I'm also on the internet.

I also already knew Dove soap was really bad, I just didn't really know the over/under on the deodorant. It's not as much rolling over as it is opening options, honestly.

Vagina Bones.

I spent way too long staring at animu crotch trying to determine what "vagina bones" was supposed to mean until I noticed the abdominal shadows were apparently what duder meant. These kids are in SERIOUS need of some sex ed, or at least a basic anatomy class.