Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spruchy
May 12, 2013

I am not a machine. I feel and believe. I have opinions. Some of them are interesting. I could, if you would let me, talk and talk. Let us talk about anything.

Jack Trades posted:

What. The. gently caress.
So you know about that system that gives you a strike every time you RQ and times you out for 2 hours if you RQ 4 times?
Apparently when one player ragequits BOTH players get a strike. Which means that if you get ragequit on 4 time, you'll get a sweet time out as well.

anyone who worked on anything outside of the actual fighting system needs to be fired. interface and all aspects of it are loving rookie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Spruchy posted:

anyone who worked on anything outside of the actual fighting system needs to be fired. interface and all aspects of it are loving rookie.

Nobody gets fired in Japan they just keep getting demoted until they commit seppuku.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Spruchy posted:

If you can, double fire the art/modelling team.

I finally got to see some T7 and god Ono should be loving embarrassed.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

pretend i posted the p2 side alpha ken winscreen where his hair clips straight through his head to block his face alongside this

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

eh just fire the dudes that made all of the hair and alexs costume

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

anime was right posted:

eh just fire the dudes that made all of the hair and alexs costume

The whole art direction for V is awful though. Everyone looks really off model and just plain ugly. Half the roster's faces appeared to be made by an intern and the texture quality on the models varies so wildly it feels like they just didn't care about how anything looked. And because the models are all so poorly done a lot of the animation feels super stiff and amateurish. Seriously Mika's win pose where her partner comes to pat her on the back looks so sluggish and clunky it honestly makes me think how did any of this get by Capcom's higher ups.

Not to mention most of the designs aren't good either (Imagine I posted a picture of Laura's costumes here).

Can't wait for Urien to get added and be a creepy Impossible Muscle Blob that makes SF4 Ryu looks perfectly fine.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

He's cute but maybe we shouldn't have trusted ono

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

The whole art direction for V is awful though. Everyone looks really off model and just plain ugly. Half the roster's faces appeared to be made by an intern and the texture quality on the models varies so wildly it feels like they just didn't care about how anything looked. And because the models are all so poorly done a lot of the animation feels super stiff and amateurish. Seriously Mika's win pose where her partner comes to pat her on the back looks so sluggish and clunky it honestly makes me think how did any of this get by Capcom's higher ups.

Not to mention most of the designs aren't good either (Imagine I posted a picture of Laura's costumes here).

Can't wait for Urien to get added and be a creepy Impossible Muscle Blob that makes SF4 Ryu looks perfectly fine.

I love Mika's win animation

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

Jack Trades posted:

So you know about that system that gives you a strike every time you RQ and times you out for 2 hours if you RQ 4 times?
Apparently when one player ragequits BOTH players get a strike. Which means that if you get ragequit on 4 time, you'll get a sweet time out as well.

Did this happen to you or was this reported somewhere?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

apple posted:

Did this happen to you or was this reported somewhere?

It was reported by a bunch of people on r/StreetFighter, if I remember correctly.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Jack Trades posted:

This doesn't surprise me, It's actually a problem that's difficult to solve. As the game is p2p it can be tricky to tell who actually disconnected. It's solved in a lot of other games via checking against the rest of the clients but in fighting games there are only 2.

For people exiting to the playstation dashboard you could do a server check to see if the game is still running, possible identifying who quit out but on PC where it's easy to simply cut the connection very briefly it would be a really challenging to identify who actually committed the offence.

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

Which is really weird since there is that pre-production art that's floating around that looks SO loving good.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

kimcicle posted:

Which is really weird since there is that pre-production art that's floating around that looks SO loving good.

Yeah they really failed at translating that art to 3D models, but to be fair, that's a problem tehy had in 4 as well so maybe Capcom's SF squad just isn't good at that.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I think the characters look alright to be honest.

Second only to Xrd for me.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Jack Trades posted:

:allbuttons:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
I've just realized who Vega reminds me of.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Wonder if this is real or a joke.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/sungsoo-khim-49219817

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Judging from the love of buttons I'm guessing he used to work on kingdom hearts

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
everyone lies on their resume.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I know the game is lacking in many areas but don't be stupid, it wasn't a 1 man job.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Dracula Factory posted:

I know the game is lacking in many areas but don't be stupid, it wasn't a 1 man job.

It wasn't saying the entire game was a one man job, just the server and Capcom Fighters Network.
Which is realistic but also terrible.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
The game does have credits right? Should be easy enough to check if he's bullshitting or not.

Also, I'm a little out of the loop here but why's the input lag suddenly a big deal when most people ignored it when it was discovered months ago?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

croutonZA posted:

The game does have credits right? Should be easy enough to check if he's bullshitting or not.

Also, I'm a little out of the loop here but why's the input lag suddenly a big deal when most people ignored it when it was discovered months ago?

probably because someone with a lot of followers finally found out about it or got nash dash grabbed and remembered about it.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

croutonZA posted:

it was just a fiendish conspiracy by the funhaters to sabotage the pinnacle of human creation that is sf5

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

croutonZA posted:

I mean, we've been saying it's garbage from the day it was revealed but now people that think they should be winning are losing so it's a thing. Notice how the people that are winning and think they should be winning are saying "it's nbd".

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Mega Comrade posted:

This doesn't surprise me, It's actually a problem that's difficult to solve. As the game is p2p it can be tricky to tell who actually disconnected. It's solved in a lot of other games via checking against the rest of the clients but in fighting games there are only 2.

For people exiting to the playstation dashboard you could do a server check to see if the game is still running, possible identifying who quit out but on PC where it's easy to simply cut the connection very briefly it would be a really challenging to identify who actually committed the offence.

It's architecturally piss to resolve. Introduce quorum. Establish IP connection to reporting server (which you're going to do at match end anyway.) and leave it open - If either side fails to respond at the point one side reports match over, or closes the connection, assume they're the one that RQ. Voila, you've instantly culled the number of false positives. And if anyone even begins to imply this would have some bandwidth complication for them, you know loving nothing on the topic.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

croutonZA posted:

the honeymoon phase ended

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Pomp posted:

Seems like to me, the honeymoon phase ended after like the second beta, and then there was a little shot of optimism when the game released that lasted about two weeks, and now it's back to be really really boring.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Game feels like its underwater and low level matching is a ghost town. The knives are out

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
It's entirely believable that the netplay and such was a one map op. Unfortunately.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I just played a guy who turbo buttoned lk on necali and left the game alone after he entered ranked matching. Lol waste of electricity

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Welcome to the new world of Street Fighter V!

Prepare fo-

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Baal posted:

Welcome to the new world of Street Fighter V!

Prepare fo-

The network guy is just taking a nap, you can log right back in when he wakes up.

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

Pomp posted:

It sorta always goes like this though. After a few months the fair weather casual SF players go back to other things and the more serious online grinders and tournament regulars start to take a critical look at the game. 4 was really similar actually in my experience, I enjoyed that game more so I wasn't one of the cynical ones though. I'm just glad the lag thing has been put in the spotlight because the first day I could play my friends offline I thought it was odd how much I got hit by things I felt like I was blocking and I guess some people aren't as sensitive because these guys are all high level 4 and ST players and just thought I was being a baby :[

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!
Here's a though: the 8f lag is so that online players will feel more comfortable when they go to the Capcom Pro Tour (TM) and face off against other amazing players. This way, their tactics like rapid firing lp will work, so they have a better chance.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

getting a ton of match results not reported errors over the last week. anyone else?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think the game is fun and looks nice :shrug:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Goetta posted:

I think the game is fun and looks nice :shrug:

its very fun in match. it looks nice in motion too.
waiting for matches, errors in matches, incredible clipping issues on the character select screen, inconsistent effort/talent in character design, idk.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
http://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column-112607.html

appropriate because this game is dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

its very fun in match. it looks nice in motion too.
waiting for matches, errors in matches, incredible clipping issues on the character select screen, inconsistent effort/talent in character design, idk.

I like the game well enough, but I would have to like it a whole lot more than I do in order to sit through the monstrous loading times that bookend every forty-second match.