Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I'm sitting in an A320 that was supposed to depart 20 mins ago. We've been waiting for the "hydraulic fluid to be topped up" and now the captain also wanted us to know that we'll be starting an engine at the gate because the cross bleed system for starting off the APU isn't functioning.

Delta's a mess!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Jealous Cow posted:

I'm sitting in an A320 that was supposed to depart 20 mins ago. We've been waiting for the "hydraulic fluid to be topped up" and now the captain also wanted us to know that we'll be starting an engine at the gate because the cross bleed system for starting off the APU isn't functioning.

Delta's a mess!

At least they tell you what's going on, I'm sitting out here in the bushes clueless, waiting to photograph your drat plane!

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Ola posted:

At least they tell you what's going on, I'm sitting out here in the bushes clueless, waiting to photograph your drat plane!

:lol:

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?
I've had far sillier-sounding reasons than that for delayed aircraft.

Few months ago, I had a plane sitting half an hour waiting for me to fetch a pair of gloves from my warehouse for it. Crew had lost a pair of fireproof gloves somewhere...

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Jealous Cow posted:

Delta's a mess!

I like how you used quotation marks like that not a real thing. "hydraulic fluid" :rolleyes:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Oh poo poo, a thousand pages!

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Oh my god a 20 minute delay where is my mileage compensation

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Linedance posted:

I like how you used quotation marks like that not a real thing. "hydraulic fluid" :rolleyes:

Grammar posted:

each of a set of punctuation marks, single (‘ ’) or double (“ ”), used either to mark the beginning and end of a title or quoted passage or to indicate that a word or phrase is regarded as slang or jargon or is being discussed rather than used within the sentence.

Which use of quotation marks do you think I intended?

sellouts posted:

Oh my god a 20 minute delay where is my mileage compensation

Did I complain about the delay?

You guys are cranky today.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Jealous Cow posted:

Delta's a mess!

I had a flight delayed about 15min because someone took a row of safety cards. I wonder what they'd have done if they weren't at a hub.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

hobbesmaster posted:

I had a flight delayed about 15min because someone took a row of safety cards. I wonder what they'd have done if they weren't at a hub.

Find a copier?

I saw a passenger removed because his seat wouldn't stay upright and it was a full flight. Dude was pissed.

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?

hobbesmaster posted:

Probably inop the row and leave passengers behind.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
:lol: the lavatories stopped working.

What the gently caress is up with this plane.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Jealous Cow posted:

:lol: the lavatories stopped working.

What the gently caress is up with this plane.

Airbuses don't seem to age as gracefully as McDonnell-Douglass.

Northwest bought those A320s in 1990. Which is relatively young for the Delta domestic fleet!

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Last time I was on a Delta 737-800 one of those lavatories was broken too.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

hobbesmaster posted:

Airbuses don't seem to age as gracefully as McDonnell-Douglass.

Northwest bought those A320s in 1990. Which is relatively young for the Delta domestic fleet!

This one has a 11/1993 in service date. The interior looks brand new though.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Jealous Cow posted:

The interior looks brand new though.

Delta even put new interiors on their DC-9s in like 2012.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

Yeah, I just flew a quick hop to DC on Delta Super 80s, 737s, and a 757 and all had great, clean new interiors. They're doing great lately, IMO.

Also, woo, 1000 pages!

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

Happy page 1000 everybody

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
Page 1000?

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

I was just thinking the same thing. Is this thing a private jet only?

CRJ fans rejoice - a 1000 is being made

A350-1000

Twin Commander 1000

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

To take 1000 kg of bombs to 1000 km of range at a 1000 kph...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqgfjXaJxV8

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Page 1000, Pratt and Whitney 1000g geared turbofan.

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?

Nebakenezzer posted:

I was just thinking the same thing. Is this thing a private jet only?

The Lineage is just an E190 turned into a bizjet. So I guess the very short answer is "no"!

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

hobbesmaster posted:

When the last B-52 goes to the boneyard, the crew will fly home on a Delta DC-9.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
I was desperately trying to find any kind of plans for this but all I got was a model:

The Vickers-Armstrong V-1000. Or, what happens when the British Government wants a new transport jet for the military but wants a state owned airline to pay for it. The wings off a Valiant strategic bomber, attached to the body of what would sort of eventually become the VC10.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

LostCosmonaut posted:

When the last B-52 goes to the boneyard, the crew will fly home on a Delta DC-9.

The oldest of which is still newer than the newest B-52.

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

I was desperately trying to find any kind of plans for this but all I got was a model:

The Vickers-Armstrong V-1000. Or, what happens when the British Government wants a new transport jet for the military but wants a state owned airline to pay for it. The wings off a Valiant strategic bomber, attached to the body of what would sort of eventually become the VC10.

Avro tendered for the same contract, with the same 'convert a V-bomber' idea. The Avro Atlantic was a version of the Vulcan with a wider, taller fuselage and 6-abreast seating, all rear-facing
Like the V-1000/VC-7 they were going to do a civilian model when the RAF programme was killed but no orders were placed.

I think Handley-Page hawked around an airliner version of the Victor too, which would have been something!

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

because it is 1000 years old

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

BalloonFish posted:

I think Handley-Page hawked around an airliner version of the Victor too, which would have been something!

They did, twice. Like their rival V-Bomber airliner derivatives, neither made it much past the model stage:

HP.97

HP.111

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

StandardVC10 posted:

Last time I was on a Delta 737-800 one of those lavatories was broken too.

Aeronautical Insanity: Last time I tried to take a poo poo the lav was INOP

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

SeaborneClink posted:

Aeronautical Insanity: Last time I tried to take a poo poo the lav was INOP

This is pretty good.

Butt Reactor
Oct 6, 2005

Even in zero gravity, you're an asshole.
Wait, there are connoisseurs of the CRJ?

also content:

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Content:

Vought V-1000, proposal for export fighter program that was eventually won by F-5E Tiger II. One of the variants was supposed to be F100 powered :stwoon:

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Butt Reactor posted:

Wait, there are connoisseurs of the CRJ?

also content:

daaaaawww. Lil' baby hawker jet.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Gervasius posted:

Content:

Vought V-1000, proposal for export fighter program that was eventually won by F-5E Tiger II. One of the variants was supposed to be F100 powered :stwoon:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

God drat the F8U-3 is cool. It's kind of interesting how the competitor to the F-4 Phantom had a similar brutalist aesthetic going on.

StandardVC10 fucked around with this message at 05:50 on May 15, 2016

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Gervasius posted:

Content:

The one you date and eventually marry

After a few kids and a few decades

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Bro, do you even area rule?

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

intakes like that always make me think of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

shame on an IGA posted:

Bro, do you even area rule?

Who needs area rule when you have THRUST.
Exhibit B.