Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

why hasn't Riot make a good representation of a fat nerd? There's Gragas, but his fat is clearly from heavy consumption of alcohol which is a very bad example to set for people. Also, nerds don't drink alcohol. (or at least, have friends to drink with)

Petition Riot to make a nice fat nerd that isn't a goon stereotype and is comfortable with his skin, whilst killing tentacle ladies and gentleman monsters. :)
this post sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Smell a fat nerd today

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
wow that's rude, I hate all nerds now.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Mierenneuker posted:

Show some respect for the guy who killed his fanbase by streaming nothing but Teemo.

Me: Back in my day TSM was Rain Man, Reginald, OddOne, Chaox, and-

Grandson: Shut the gently caress up gramps you never got out of bronze in 40 years

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

teemo was indeed the superior jungle, though they both fed

e. i fed the most, not having mr runes made lane quite hard

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Tired Moritz posted:

if I'm gonna have an account named SMUG ANIME GIRL, it gonna be accurate.

Get Jinxed.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Miss Fortune not a contender for smug or not anime enough?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

what's the easiest Top to play these days? I get the role from time to time but it's the one I'm the most unfamiliar with

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Tired Moritz posted:

why hasn't Riot make a good representation of a fat nerd? There's Gragas, but his fat is clearly from heavy consumption of alcohol which is a very bad example to set for people. Also, nerds don't drink alcohol. (or at least, have friends to drink with)

Petition Riot to make a nice fat nerd that isn't a goon stereotype and is comfortable with his skin, whilst killing tentacle ladies and gentleman monsters. :)

Bard

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Before they made it clear that they dont like auras I was kind of hoping for a valkyrie counterpart to Gragas; kinda like the cliche opera maiden, who would be a support initiator that could swap between shouting debuff auras or singing buff auras (kinda similar to release Jarvan, when he actually had good auras that made early teamfights super favorable)

I still miss old ult taric, rageblade + gunblade 40 second ults were hilarious

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
the modern nerd drinks craft brews and is either swole or has a dadbod, so gragas is a positive role model imo

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Tired Moritz posted:

who's the most smug girl in lol?

Caitlyn I would call more haughty than smug but she's probably the closest thing.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

frajaq posted:

what's the easiest Top to play these days? I get the role from time to time but it's the one I'm the most unfamiliar with

Maokai and Malphite are always good picks on literally any team and are easy as gently caress to play.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I would add Gragas too because he has sustain, is pretty easy to play and can cs at range with barrels if you are getting zoned

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tired Moritz posted:

Leblanc.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
Garen is really easy to play, has good sustain, and is pretty strong top. He's boring as hell, but I mean, if you're looking to learn top you can't really go wrong with him.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Are you sure you're not in the wrong League?

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

KicksYouInHalf posted:

Kill all nerds (especially Methanar)

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

chogath is probably still the king of totally not knowing what you're doing in the top lane

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

bonewitch posted:

Garen is really easy to play, has good sustain, and is pretty strong top. He's boring as hell, but I mean, if you're looking to learn top you can't really go wrong with him.

I always forget Garen is even a champion, he probably does extremely well against FotM picks like Ekko because silence effects are completely busted. Same reason Cho is good ^^

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

Tired Moritz posted:

Nocturne is a girl, so says Tree Eskimo

Vintage season 1 memes...

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

bonewitch posted:

This guy is an enormous liar.

Garen is incredibly fun to play. And his ult passive holds your hands WRT Who To Gank.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

welp

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

flyingkiwi posted:

I like the champions you play, and also that you build Mejais and never die

Corrupting potion -> Dark seal (-> Mejai's if you're doing well) is basically mandatory on all AP tanks right now. It's super good on Ekko (also on e.g. Maokai), and the movement speed boost on a 15+ stack Mejai's is incredible.

bonewitch posted:

Firebert posted:

I always forget Garen is even a champion, he probably does extremely well against FotM picks like Ekko because silence effects are completely busted. Same reason Cho is good ^^

Neurolimal posted:

This guy is an enormous liar.

Garen is incredibly fun to play. And his ult passive holds your hands WRT Who To Gank.

Yeah Garen is great against most melee champions except for Darius and Trundle, and can easily carry games through splitpushing (he's much better in 1v2s than teamfights, and his passive tends to shut down the strongest player on the other team which is amazing in soloq). You need to have 2 champions in your pocket though because he has a pretty awful time if he gets counterpicked.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

did you get an S

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

How do Taric's bastion and spell audiovisual cues work with Twitch's invisibility? Do people see the tether while Twitch is invisible? Do people see the E? The Ult?

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Congrats on D2 methanar

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Nice, pretty soon you'll reach high enough elo to be qtpie's smurf account fodder.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Ignite Memories posted:

How do Taric's bastion and spell audiovisual cues work with Twitch's invisibility? Do people see the tether while Twitch is invisible? Do people see the E? The Ult?

Based on the way a lot of other particle effects/stealth interactions have worked, I'd wager that enemy players can see Taric cast Bastion, but no target (and no visible tether). Dazzle and Ult cues would likely be similarly hidden. Obviously this is pending testing, but Stealth in the past has hidden many particle effects.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grats man. For a moment after the Ezreal steal I kinda got worried but I'm glad you guys turned around. Your team always had the gold advantage even when you were some kills behind.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Yasuo/Vayne/Kha'Zix/Teemo on my team in placements against Alistar/Caitlyn/Ziggs/Sejuani/Irelia

hmmm, does it even matter what I pick I've already lost.

me: Why are you first picking vayne this patch she's not great??
Vayne: look at my stats and stfu

okay buddy u convinced me you can carry this garbage team comp by yourself single handedly and you're a challenger smurf

rip salty teemo

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 23:39 on May 14, 2016

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

salty teemo, was good

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

NO

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
They give you any reason for killing it? I know Merrill back in the Faker spectate bot stream fiasco didn't like the idea of people e-stalking or whatever and something something harassment if they had their IGN but I'm pretty sure in response you removed the names of the players in any given game or they didn't show anymore.

That sucks but I'm sure that is but a tiny dent in your massive pile of money that you make from being a robot or whatever you are

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Switch to hitbox?

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Servaetes posted:

They give you any reason for killing it or??? I know Merill back in the Faker spectate fiasco didn't like the idea of people basically e-stalking or whatever and something something harassment but I'm pretty sure in response you removed the names of the players in any given game or they didn't show anymore.

i loved it before the names were removed tho, just cause bronze v players have the best usernames ever

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

SystemLogoff posted:

Switch to hitbox?

This. Hitbox doesn't have the nonsensical random censorship that Twitch does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lovechop posted:

i loved it before the names were removed tho, just cause bronze v players have the best usernames ever

• Locked thread