Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Future Trunks can actually turn Super Sayjin 4 due to a portable Blutz Wave Generator that Future Bulma made for him. Unfortunately for Trunks he finds out this form is actually really weak compared to Super Sayjin Blue, and everyone makes fun of him for looking like a dork when he transformes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if nobody ever made fun of goku for going ss3, I don't think anyone would bat an eye at 4

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

I hope Future Trunks can go SSJB right off the bat and has no idea why it's significant and doesn't understand why everyone's making such a big deal about it.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Vegeta got Cabba caught up on vanilla Super Saiyan pretty quick. As soon as Future Trunks shows up, he'll be like "Hang on, lemme round up some folks for the ritual."

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Rutibex posted:

Future Trunks can actually turn Super Sayjin 4 due to a portable Blutz Wave Generator that Future Bulma made for him. Unfortunately for Trunks he finds out this form is actually really weak compared to Super Sayjin Blue, and everyone makes fun of him for looking like a dork when he transformes.

Is it though? I know it's video game canon but in Xenoverse Beerus (as well as God Goku I think) had unique dialogues when encountering SSJ4 opponents.

I feel like SSJ4 may just be a tangent. Further than 3, but they're walking a different path now.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

New Leaf posted:

Is it though? I know it's video game canon but in Xenoverse Beerus (as well as God Goku I think) had unique dialogues when encountering SSJ4 opponents.

I feel like SSJ4 may just be a tangent. Further than 3, but they're walking a different path now.

SSj4 is the kind of "stronger" thats just some pointless numbers. You can say "wow this guy is 1,000,000X stronger than the last guy!" but they don't do anything that actually makes them look any stronger. The villains in Dragonball GT are all like this, they never do anything more impressive than Friaza (like blowing up planets or whatever). They are stronger "on paper" but they don't really feel more impressive.

The characters in DB Super are different. they can actually do things that are epic and godly. Beerus is so strong he could destroy the entire universe! No one in GT can do that. Whis can manipulate time, that fat bear guy is immune to all damage, etc. They are cooler than just a large number.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The worst one for GT is Omega Shenron who could barely blow up a roller coaster and legit did not demonstrate ANY power greater than what King Piccolo did back in Dragon Ball.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

In my opinion, future Trunks should vape and evangelize vaping. Perhaps derive his powers from vaping the Sacred God Water.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Captain Quack posted:

Future Trunks arrives:

"Guys! I need your help! The future is danger, because of a demon called Majin Buu!!!"

"..."

"Why he is sitting on the table with you?!"

I wish Future Trunks is severed underpowered and loose his poo poo when he sees that Kid Trunks is more powerful than him and can fuse with Goten and go Super Sayan 3.

To be fair, Kid Trunks isn't more powerful than him. It's been pretty well established that Kid Trunks and Goten are kind of poo poo without Gotenks.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Captain Oblivious posted:

To be fair, Kid Trunks isn't more powerful than him. It's been pretty well established that Kid Trunks and Goten are kind of poo poo without Gotenks.

They aren't poo poo, they are just literal children with no focus and will often get themselves into dumb situations. Gotenks is at least powerful enough to mostly cover up their childishness.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Oblivious posted:

Nah Kid Trunks is way more talented than Adult Trunks, even without fusion. For one he became a super sayjin at like 9, and he was able to fight with Android 18 in the tournament pretty easily. The same Android 18 that had been mercilessly owning Adult Trunks his entire life and killed all his family lol.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Gotenks was briefly the most powerful character in the series.

Clearly now that they can use Future Trunks for the SSG ritual they should make Gotenks SSG :v:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Rutibex posted:

Nah Kid Trunks is way more talented than Adult Trunks, even without fusion. For one he became a super sayjin at like 9, and he was able to fight with Android 18 in the tournament pretty easily. The same Android 18 that had been mercilessly owning Adult Trunks his entire life and killed all his family lol.

they're the same person

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

they're the same person

And future trunks somehow still manages to be a lot worse

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the bargain sale was cancelled in his time line because everyone died

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Im hoping it was some Buu like creature that wiped out the earth in Universe 6 and it just so happens that that is where Future Trunks was actually from and hes now back because of Beerus' wish. But that doesnt really explain the other Cell timeline so nevermind

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Toriyama did say in the interview that this coming arc would involve a lot of time travel shenanigans and that to "bear with t."

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
kuma "with it"

TL Note: kuma means "bear"

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

wow lots of future trunks hate in here i didn't know this thread was full of genocidal androids

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

if you don't like future trunks you don't actually like dragon ball

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

future trunks owns it is true

Also is SSJ4 Gogeta a super saiyan God?

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Pan really did steal her dad's powerup, it seems.

JohnnyCocksville
Feb 1, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
future trunks is my favorite i hope he slices mewtwo in half and gives goku pills for his erectile dysfunction

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I guess DBZ abridged is now Canon. It is official, Goku doesn't know how to read:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Goku is an idiot god and I'm proud of him

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Rutibex posted:

I guess DBZ abridged is now Canon. It is official, Goku doesn't know how to read:

But he apparently does know numbers and weights? :confused:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Rutibex posted:

"Some bread, some pork, some... beholder? Man, Chi-chi really has me on the ropes. Some cow, some monkey..."

Neo_Crimson posted:

Clearly he shows the note to the attendant.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Neo_Crimson posted:

He can read everything you would expect to be on the labels of workout equipment.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Rutibex posted:

He can read everything you would expect to be on the labels of workout equipment.

Goku only knows three letters: P, E and D.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Neo_Crimson posted:

He needs those to know what he's lifting, so

....i can't stop staring at the outline of Goku's chin on top of the bread texture

Rekka
Feb 1, 2004

oh god, it's.... THE DOOOO!

wow, this weeks animation was once again, terrible!

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Rekka posted:

wtf goku kicking grampa piccolo out of the house

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Rekka posted:

that looks like a pulled out shot where you shouldn't expect a lot of detail

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

arale shows up

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Ruggington posted:

that looks like a pulled out shot where you shouldn't expect a lot of detail

It's no use!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Condiv posted:

arale shows up

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Condiv posted:

arale shows up

For barely two minutes. Goku recognized her, though!

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
two seconds or two minutes? Cause I just saw two seconds of goku looking at her and then peacing out.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Shes around for maybe 15 seconds

Piccolo the dad though :allears:

e: This episode is too adorable.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 13:47 on May 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Condiv posted:

arale shows up