Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
I'm trying this out as gwrtheyrn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

smh why bother arguing with the admin over dumb ancient emoticons of all things

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Goons are dumb. In their defence, the admin is also pretty dumb, as are the pubbies and the game itself.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Yeah I Like Girls posted:

smh why bother arguing with the admin over dumb ancient emoticons of all things

Goons are the hugest spergs and will tilt at the dumbest loving windmills ever. Its actually kind of impressive.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Context for those of us that weren't on/paying attention ok

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Eldercain posted:

Chunjee and a handful of others used someone else's script to have SA emotes show up instead of the code on non-SA sites. This script was apparently filling Grumpy's error logs with errors so he was banning people for it. I think gan was banned for it (ban was lifted after a few hours) and maybe one or two others also. Chunjee decided to PM Grumpy and be passive-aggressively bitchy (IMO reading the logs) to Grumpy when he wouldn't show the logs. Goons have generally sided with Grumpy in this and most other matters, unsurprisingly. It is absolutely idiotic drama that is totally dumb but goons loving eat this poo poo up.

gwrtheyrn posted:

I'm trying this out as gwrtheyrn

Sorry I missed this last night, invited.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Eldercain posted:

EDIT: Beaten, and with a more detailed description, to boot.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
I think I've installed smilie mods in mmos and such that supported extensions and they're pretty sweet, but we have :bird:

fake edit: why don't we have :bird: HERE

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Trying this out, in game name is Zekn

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

I'm in, as Rotary Public

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

an iksar monk posted:

Trying this out, in game name is Zekn

chaosbreather posted:

I'm in, as Rotary Public

Invites sent.

edgeman83
Jul 13, 2003
If someone could give me an invite on edgeman I would appreciate it.

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva
Time to give this a try.. Name is Bondski, invite would be nice. :) Thanks!

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Cake, is it a drug, or is it simply a delicious chocolatey piece of heaven?
Noticing today that we're lacking people who can invite new people to the guild and give permissions during the (European) daytime - any chance of expanding who has those privileges so we can make sure people aren't being left out of what they can do on their first day in Amar?

Also, what's the chance that Cowboy's going to be pissy when he realises who he's been helping out?

12:29:45 Bondski : where would i get a hatchet? i stupidly selected the mining quest before reading up a bit
12:29:59 Bondski : and no shops seem to have any in stock
12:30:49 Cowboy *ATF* : hang on
12:31:20 Jemi ~APA~ : Manual > Items > Iron Hatchet
12:31:39 Jemi ~APA~ : there is a list of all shops and location of them
12:32:03 Cowboy *ATF* : Bondski where are you?
12:32:10 Jemi ~APA~ : kels wares is an npc with unlimited stock
12:32:27 Bondski : ah thanks, i realize this is probably the most noob question ever
12:32:46 Bondski : wow thanks Cowboy

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Invites out for Bondski and edgeman. Did we just miss a spy opportunity?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

If you joined us to play Amaranthine and aren't going to play / haven't been around in awhile / said gently caress these guys can you login real fast and dump your stuff into guild storage so new people can use it? We've just about dried up the holiday gear market from what the pubs were selling.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".
In as Starfloot

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Virigoth posted:

Invites out for Bondski and edgeman. Did we just miss a spy opportunity?

Raiding their guild bank is a bannable offense I would assume but surely "they invited him to join and then he left to join us and leaked chat logs to us" can't be, can it? Hahahaha.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Horking Delight posted:

Raiding their guild bank is a bannable offense I would assume but surely "they invited him to join and then he left to join us and leaked chat logs to us" can't be, can it? Hahahaha.

I mean if you raid it slowly over time....

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Horking Delight posted:

We can't just invite anyone! There's a joke at stake here: To join us, it's :10bux: and at least a 3-month acclimatization phase.

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva
Really enjoying this game.. It's pretty relaxing since there's always something you can do but at the same time it doesn't require attention very often so it's not very distracting. The afk checks are a bit annoying though. Oh well, just loving around for now.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Don't drink be encumbered and drive.

This is normally about 56 seconds for me, it was around 330 when I started it.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
In as Kiyro

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Horking Delight posted:

There isn't actually anything in the rules about that, so I have to wonder.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

The Shortest Path posted:

I point blank asked Grumpy a few weeks back how he felt about guild infiltrations and he said strongly against. I would not be surprised if you got banned for doing this intentionally. The other guild might even get their stuff back.

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Robo Reagan posted:

In as Kiyro

invite sent :)

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Stealing is wrong! You should just know not to do it!

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

I think i mentioned this before, but: This is a nice game with nice people playing. Be nice. Grumpy doesn't have rules against all the variations of being an rear end in a top hat in a game, because there were no assholes before. Let's keep it that way!

No spying or infiltrations or robberies or scamming or whatever, Grumpy doesn't need a clearly defined rule to ban someone and i quite like it that way.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Rule of thumb, as with most things, is probably "if you have to ask, maybe don't?"

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
Just started as "animalchin"

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

MooCowlian posted:

Rule of thumb, as with most things, is probably "if you have to ask, maybe don't get caught?"

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

XP spreadsheet (fishing/speed/gathering/magic/mining/woodcutting/alchemy)

I made a sheet that you just paste your skill XP into and it will tell you how much XP/hr you will get I used all publicly posted base timers, If you have some more please help me with that, you can get it by filling in your gear minus timer, and your level and then playing with the base timer until the actual timer is correct (give me the base timer so I can have it next update)

I want this to be as good as we can get it, so please give actual feedback, especially how useful it would be to actually finish off the crafting side since I'm not if that is more a supply issue than figuring out what to sit down and grind.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

RabbitWizard posted:

I think i mentioned this before, but: This is a nice game with nice people playing. Be nice. Grumpy doesn't have rules against all the variations of being an rear end in a top hat in a game, because there were no assholes before. Let's keep it that way!

No spying or infiltrations or robberies or scamming or whatever, Grumpy doesn't need a clearly defined rule to ban someone and i quite like it that way.

Yes, we've been pretty much not huge assholes, the community provides comedy just by self melting down. We don't need to be huge hated assholes it's funnier if we are just nice people that occasionally poke a racist homophobe and have him go on rants that would embarrass even your racist grandfather.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
over/under till the admin blanket bans all goons?

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Blazing Zero posted:

over/under till the admin blanket bans all goons?

Honestly, that's not going to happen -- the dev likes us. What's more likely is for someone to have a huge meltdown in chat about us.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
I noticed more accidental posting in world-chat over the last time. I had that problem in the beginning too until someone told me to just set the default to Guild and use "/w message" to post in world. Much safer.

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
Started as Beobeobeo. Would appreciate a guild invite!

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Beobeobeo posted:

Started as Beobeobeo. Would appreciate a guild invite!

Invited.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Signed up as Cheap Trick, ready to chop trees for the greater good. Or the greater bird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Cheap Trick posted:

Signed up as Cheap Trick, ready to chop trees for the greater good. Or the greater bird.

invite sent, welcome to the bird house :D