Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Xolve posted:

Will continue to trade FAX's for 'totally not mad™' tweets like this.

only if that guy keeps thinking its a great idea to fit an entosis link to his mission running x-type marauder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

man pl repeatedly losing fax and carriers, how the mighty have fallen

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Da Mott Man posted:

Its not really crying if its the facts on the ground. No one smart is going to feed expensive poo poo to a fight they will certainly lose.

Bad troll posts badly, news at 11.

I'm not really sure this war could have gone any better for the opposition, they rolled you guys so hard a bunch of your allies bailed and you can't unlock without getting poo poo on.

I guess waiting until the enemy finally gets so bored they declare victory and bail, letting you retake whatever space is not owned by pH kinda counts as a victory

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
you have the crazy brain guy

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

abigserve posted:

I'm not really sure this war could have gone any better for the opposition, they rolled you guys so hard a bunch of your allies bailed and you can't unlock without getting poo poo on.

I guess waiting until the enemy finally gets so bored they declare victory and bail, letting you retake whatever space is not owned by pH kinda counts as a victory

Fighting 5 to 1 it seems like we are doing the best we can. When you have that big of an advantage in population numbers fueled by retard strength and backed by basically unending amounts of isk. The Mittani might spin a bunch of small poo poo into looking much bigger than it really is, but from my view point we have been making it more of a pain in the rear end for PH and a few others. If we had gone into a high end cap ship battle trying to just beat them, sure it would have been harder for a bit, but the outcome is the same and we would have less corp assets to show for it.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Glory of Arioch posted:

man pl repeatedly losing fax and carriers, how the mighty have fallen

Man, look at all these fights we're not getting in Saranen

e: better screencap, loving ShareX.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 04:10 on May 15, 2016

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

abigserve posted:

you can't unlock without getting poo poo on

man i hate it when my front door poops on my hand when i'm trying to open it

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

nice try, putting those rorquals and mining barges on our side

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Central Omni Galactic Group, valued members of and staunch defenders of the imperium

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Glory of Arioch posted:

Central Omni Galactic Group, valued members of and staunch defenders of the imperium

We gave you Mordus Angels too.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Glory of Arioch posted:

My favourite is PH and NC. forming the mystical 'third side' to this fight.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
CCP got nuked.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Xolve posted:

CFC totally didn't out number Raiden in Vale, White Noise in Branch, IRC in Tenal, or NC. in Tribute, right?

We probably did and that's probably a contributing factor to why they all got rolled and died. What's your point?

MBC may nuke all of goonswarm sov, and you might even sit around the north in your supers for a while waiting for us to creep back in. Eventually though, you'll leave for greener pastures just like every other time the fights run dry or otherwise not to your liking. The MBC will declare victory and gently caress off eventually. What a lot of people on both sides don't seem to get is that when that happens, that's not the war over, that's the bell ringing on round 1.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

darth cookie posted:

We probably did and that's probably a contributing factor to why they all got rolled and died. What's your point?

MBC may nuke all of goonswarm sov, and you might even sit around the north in your supers for a while waiting for us to creep back in. Eventually though, you'll leave for greener pastures just like every other time the fights run dry or otherwise not to your liking. The MBC will declare victory and gently caress off eventually. What a lot of people on both sides don't seem to get is that when that happens, that's not the war over, that's the bell ringing on round 1.

He has no point. Xolve is just a smug dummie and you should know that by now.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

darth cookie posted:

You so sure about that?

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Massasoit posted:

You so sure about that?

Well, your coalition has spent the last two months declaring victory on reddit, and several alliances have already hosed off, so I'd say he's pretty sure.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Looks like ph is staying in fade, n3 in dek and test in Vale. C02 hasn't moved either.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Despera posted:

Looks like ph is staying in fade, n3 in dek and test in Vale. C02 hasn't moved either.

But they're not the problem. PL and their tendency to drop titans on anything that isn't a noobship is. Once PL gets bored and leaves, we're moving back in.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Dalael posted:

But they're not the problem. PL and their tendency to drop titans on anything that isn't a noobship is. Once PL gets bored and leaves, we're moving back in.

:laffo:

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I'm wondering how many months in lowsec it would take before your fairweather pubbie corps start loving off. What happens if PL decides to stick around until August? How many of these groups stick around if all GSF has to their name is Saranen after a few months? Lose enough people and allies and you'd be hard pressed to handle PH, let alone the entire "coalition" that inhabits the North.

All in all I think sticking around in a single spot would be bad for Horde long term. They need to have constant activity to properly teach newbies how to play the game and playing sov empire is the total opposite of that. They really need to be pulling up stakes by July at the latest and invading somewhere. Sitting in the same spot makes groups weak.

YouTuber fucked around with this message at 05:28 on May 15, 2016

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Dalael posted:

Once you start dropping supers on the coalitions I listed, which you'd probably be outnumbered, pl probably start being unbored.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Even if you take deklien back, so what? Youll just get deep dicked anytime pln3 feel like it. Good luck recruiting super pilots.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
I'm not worried.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Dalael posted:

I'm not worried.

Ignorance is bliss and you have a lot of the former

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
someone explain to me why people care about space empires or whatever in this game. I played back in like 2011 for a year and never got it. someone told me it was about making people mad in video games but I knew they were lying because it's a video game

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Though if retaking dek keeps you from posting in D&D ill personally lead the reconquest.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Despera posted:

Though if retaking dek keeps you from posting in D&D ill personally lead the reconquest.

When do I ever post in D&D? I stick to the Bernie Sanders thread and that's pretty much it. There's too many pedantic assholes who are no better than Fox's political pundits smugging over every little details in people's posts.

I already have the EVE thread for that.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Velthice posted:

someone explain to me why people care about space empires or whatever in this game. I played back in like 2011 for a year and never got it. someone told me it was about making people mad in video games but I knew they were lying because it's a video game

Space game is the most serious of all businesses.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
It's depressing how much the "When PL fucks off" message gets thrown around. Where else is PL's super and capitals going to go? They (player wise) can go off and do whatever in the hell they want and be immediately ready to jump on and dunk someone around Pure Blind/Saranen with no skin off their backs unless we're contending everyone in PL only has one character for everything. When PL has "hosed off" in the past, it's been because of an inside deal or because whoever was providing the cannon fodder was collapsing. However the "let everything burn" strategy has left us with drastically fewer bodies in general and, more importantly, a whole helluva lot fewer bodies capable of fielding ships to actually challenge PL and make them think it may be worth moving their capital assets elsewhere to have fun.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
PL will leave; they must leave...

but :laffo: if you think that anyone is going anywhere when content is as easy as plunking a HAW dread down in saranen

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

nessin posted:

It's depressing how much the "When PL fucks off" message gets thrown around. Where else is PL's super and capitals going to go? They (player wise) can go off and do whatever in the hell they want and be immediately ready to jump on and dunk someone around Pure Blind/Saranen with no skin off their backs unless we're contending everyone in PL only has one character for everything. When PL has "hosed off" in the past, it's been because of an inside deal or because whoever was providing the cannon fodder was collapsing. However the "let everything burn" strategy has left us with drastically fewer bodies in general and, more importantly, a whole helluva lot fewer bodies capable of fielding ships to actually challenge PL and make them think it may be worth moving their capital assets elsewhere to have fun.

Would it have been better if we kept undocking fleets, lost every time to 3 to 1 odds and then ran out of SRP a long while ago?

Have you ever heard of a Fabian strategy? See, back in the old ages, there were a bunch of generals who were all like, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!! And then crashed in Hannibal's army because in their mind they absolutely needed a victory. All those guys lived to the ripe old age of "Met Hannibal on the field of battle"

Fabian's idea of how to win the war might not have been glorious, but out of all those generals he's the only one who made it out alive. So did his armies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT_rev5VAQc&t=237s

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Seriously, I get that its not fun to lose all the sov, but for crying out loud, smashing out fleets against theirs is not the solution. We take battle when we can win and avoid them when we can't.

Just grab a frigate size ship and go roam around if you don't want to ship spin in station. I got a few kills that way, a few deaths. Plenty of fights and chases and its been fun.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Despera posted:

Didn't you toxx clause not to post here again?

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Reverand maynard posted:

Didn't you toxx clause not to post here again?

nope

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Dalael posted:

Seriously, I get that its not fun to lose all the sov, but for crying out loud, smashing out fleets against theirs is not the solution. We take battle when we can win and avoid them when we can't.

Just grab a frigate size ship and go roam around if you don't want to ship spin in station. I got a few kills that way, a few deaths. Plenty of fights and chases and its been fun.

I was complaining about a particular narrative being spun, not anything actually in the game. I'm enjoying the game just fine at the moment.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

nessin posted:

I was complaining about a particular narrative being spun, not anything actually in the game. I'm enjoying the game just fine at the moment.

My mistake.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
All you idiots can bash heads in Saranen until you burst into tears for all I care. Delve is a much chiller place and more people without space cancer should come down here.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Hmmmmmm

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

-Troika- posted:

All you idiots can bash heads in Saranen until you burst into tears for all I care. Delve is a much chiller place and more people without space cancer should come down here.

Delve is so far. And then we'd have to look for people to kill. I don't like gates dude.
All I have to do right now is undock and I get a killmail. Its often mine, but its a killmail nonetheless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

So, goons lost their space and morphite is spiking like Asakai local when dbrb pushed wrong buthan.

Coincidence? :smugdon:

• Locked thread