Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Silver2195 posted:

Milo is a great example of the scary-in-real-life thing; he works for a semi-major media outlet that's pushing someone who will almost certainly be a major party's nominee for president. Clearly Milo isn't even close to being the main thing driving Trump (polls show Trump supporters skew pretty old, after all), but it's still disturbing how much he touches on the "real world."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVm90rOGSM0

This is scary to you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

When did Moira Snuffalupagus become a weird pseudo-guido?

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

This is the same guy who went to the white house to cry about how his blue tick got removed from his twitter account, he's also a self-hating homosexual.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Now pause and remember that this ridiculous, posturing goober has actual political influence, and has used it to seriously hurt people.

That's the scary bit.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Ash Crimson posted:

This is the same guy who went to the white house to cry about how his blue tick got removed from his twitter account, he's also a self-hating homosexual.

Shouldn't a public figure be angry about twitter pulling shenanigans like that? And why is he self-hating, exactly? Because he prefers black dick?

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Darth Walrus posted:

Now pause and remember that this ridiculous, posturing goober has actual political influence, and has used it to seriously hurt people.

That's the scary bit.

I haven't seen him hurt anyone. :confused:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Immortan posted:

He helped organise Gamergate. Some of the harassment could get really vicious, and then there was the swatting, which was basically attempted murder-by-proxy.

Darth Walrus has a new favorite as of 11:37 on May 15, 2016

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Immortan posted:

Shouldn't a public figure be angry about twitter pulling shenanigans like that? And why is he self-hating, exactly? Because he prefers black dick?

He got it removed over harassment, and he's self-hating because he literally hates being gay, it has nothing to do with what sort of dick he likes, seriously. :wtc:

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Darth Walrus posted:

He helped organise Gamergate. Some of the harassment could get really vicious, and then there was the swatting, which was basically attempted murder-by-proxy.

What about the harassment and bomb threats he gets?

Ash Crimson posted:

He got it removed over harassment, and he's self-hating because he literally hates being gay.

I keep hearing this, but it looks to me like he enjoys being gay.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
If he truly enjoyed being gay he wouldn't go out of his way to talk about how he wishes he wasn't gay and how he thinks it isn't right, how he want's to be "cured" of his homosexuality.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Doesn't look self-hating to me.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Immortan posted:

Doesn't look self-hating to me.

Let's go with what he's said (all sources for quotes can be found on http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Milo_Yiannopoulos#His_own_sexuality):

quote:

"But the thought that I might influence my child towards a lifestyle choice guaranteed to bring them pain and unhappiness–however remote that chance may be–is horrifying to me. That’s why, quite simply, I wouldn’t bring a child up in a gay household."

quote:

"But everything isn’t OK. And, ceteris paribus, no one would choose to have a gay child rather than a straight one. It would be like wishing that they were born disabled–not just because homosexuality is aberrant, but because that child will suffer unnecessarily. Again, you’d have to be mad. Or evil."

quote:

"Most of the reason I went gay is so I didn’t have to deal with nutty broads. Imagine how much worse they’re going to get when the passive aggressive manipulation tactics stop working because the guy can get himself off with a thinner, hotter robot any time he wants to. They’re going to go mental."

quote:

"I would love to be cured. Who wouldn't want to be cured? Of course I want to be cured. I've tried to pray the gay away....I think for a variety of reasons, most gay people, if they were honest, would not choose to have been born homosexual. I'd love to experiment with some of these therapies, not because I think they'll work."

quote:

"Gays have been told for 30 years that they were 'born this way'. That's a lie. 'Born this way' was invented by the gay lobby as a run-around of the religious right. The religious right was saying that homosexuality was a sinful lifestyle choice, and then the gay lobby invented the 'gay gene'. They said "we're born this way"....it really has no basis in science at all. The most we can say is that it is a mixture of nature and nurture and it may have some epigenetic component. Nobody really knows."

Unless he's suddenly gone back on all of this, i feel pretty confident in saying his dislikes being gay.

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

I can honestly only see him becoming more popular as time goes on, especially among young people. Hope I'm wrong

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Ash Crimson posted:

Let's go with what he's said (all sources for quotes can be found on http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Milo_Yiannopoulos#His_own_sexuality):

Unless he's suddenly gone back on all of this, i feel pretty confident in saying his dislikes being gay.

By his actions, I still think he enjoys being gay.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Immortan posted:

Maybe so, but his own words indicate he at least loathes himself for it.

Anyway, the guys a professional rent-a-gob gobshite like Katie Hopkins et al, doesn't think internet harassment is real but simultainously complains when it happens to him.

How anyone could take this clown seriously is beyond me, not even getting into his attempts to tap into racism and MRA bullshit.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Immortan posted:

I think you're right, he just hates other homesexual people and thinks homosexuals should be second-class citizens.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx
He conspicuously "enjoys" being gay because he knows that his bread and butter is being "gay dude who agrees with the far right", and he doesn't want to upset the gravy train.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Hermetic posted:

He conspicuously "enjoys" being gay because he knows that his bread and butter is being "gay dude who agrees with the far right", and he doesn't want to upset the gravy train.

I guess you could say he's the alt-right's Shield for accusations against homophobia, because you see it's okay when a gay person hates other homosexuals

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

Immortan posted:

You are either desperately uninformed to the point of comedy, or deliberately obtuse in order to stir up poo poo, and either way you should shut up and go away.

On the other hand, this is a thread about walking sacks of poo poo so Milo's on topic. Here's a classic example which some folks in this thread may not already be familiar with:

Walking sack of poo poo Milo Yiannopoulos used his position at sack-of-poo poo-factory Breitbart to accuse major Black Lives Matter activist Shawn King of not actually being black enough, forcing said activist to reveal in public the fact that the man listed on his birth certificate is not actually his biological father.

It turns out that Milo got his "tip" about Shawn King's racial background from this other walking sack of poo poo, who is such a caricature of a person that I can't even summarize him here without sounding like I'm writing satire.

It's sort of interesting to look at a piece like Neiwert's "Rush, Newspeak and Fascism: An exegesis" from 2003, which examines how Rush and other demagogues acted as transmitters, moving ideas from the extreme American right (which at the time were largely militia movement types and the like) into mainstream right-wing thought, and compare it to how these days there's no need for those kinds of people any more.

Neiwert has been covering this poo poo for a long time and his work is worth reading (his "Confederate Heritage Month" pieces from April are painful and damming), although by now the events documented in books like this seem so tame by comparison.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Heresiarch posted:

You are either desperately uninformed to the point of comedy, or deliberately obtuse in order to stir up poo poo, and either way you should shut up and go away.

Well, he did hurt someone's feelings. I thought you talking about violence.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx
Oh, hey, look, the thread got its very own neoreactionary manbaby to taunt. :allears:

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

Immortan posted:

Thank you for confirming the latter hypothesis.

Hermetic posted:

Oh, hey, look, the thread got its very own neoreactionary manbaby to taunt. :allears:

Just ignore him. This is just transparent poo poo-stirring.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Immortan posted:

He contributed (and even advocated) harassing people he ideologically disagreed with, which is in a way a sort of violence, even if it's non-physical.

Edit: Heresiarch, didn't see you post before i replied :ughh:

Ash Crimson has a new favorite as of 14:44 on May 15, 2016

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Hermetic posted:

I'm actually a BernieBro. I mean, I guess we're reactionary against corporatism dominating the Democratic Party & U.S. politics altogether for 30 years?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Immortan posted:

I'm actually a BernieBro. I mean, I guess we're reactionary against corporatism dominating the Democratic Party & U.S. politics altogether for 30 years?

Then you should probably hate NRx nonsense, being as it's all about turning the entire country into a corporation.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Heresiarch posted:

Immortan apparently feels he needs a third space (apart from the Repubnom and GBS Trump threads) into which he can void his /pol memes. Sad!

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Did I ever tell you about the man who taught his rear end in a top hat to talk? His whole abdomen would move up and down you dig farting out the words. It was unlike anything I ever heard.

This rear end talk had sort of a gut frequency. It hit you right down there like you gotta go. You know when the old colon gives you the elbow and it feels sorta cold inside, and you know all you have to do is turn loose? Well this talking hit you right down there, a bubbly, thick stagnant sound, a sound you could smell.

This man worked for a carnival you dig, and to start with it was like a novelty ventriliquist act. Real funny, too, at first. He had a number he called “The Better ‘Ole” that was a scream, I tell you. I forget most of it but it was clever. Like, “Oh I say, are you still down there, old thing?”

“Nah I had to go relieve myself.”

After a while the rear end start talking on its own. He would go in without anything prepared and his rear end would ad-lib and toss the gags back at him every time.

Then it developed sort of teeth-like little raspy in-curving hooks and started eating. He thought this was cute at first and built an act around it, but the rear end in a top hat would eat its way through his pants and start talking on the street, shouting out it wanted equal rights. It would get drunk, too, and have crying jags nobody loved it and it wanted to be kissed same as any other mouth. Finally it talked all the time day and night, you could hear him for blocks screaming at it to shut up, and beating it with his fist, and sticking candles up it, but nothing did any good and the rear end in a top hat said to him: “It’s you who will shut up in the end. Not me. Because we dont need you around here any more. I can talk and eat and poo poo.”

After that he began waking up in the morning with a transparent jelly like a tadpole’s tail all over his mouth. This jelly was what the scientists call un-D.T., Undifferentiated Tissue, which can grow into any kind of flesh on the human body. He would tear it off his mouth and the pieces would stick to his hands like burning gasoline jelly and grow there, grow anywhere on him a glob of it fell. So finally his mouth sealed over, and the whole head would have have amputated spontaneous except for the eyes you dig. Thats one thing the rear end in a top hat couldn’t do was see. It needed the eyes. But nerve connections were blocked and infiltrated and atrophied so the brain couldn’t give orders any more. It was trapped in the skull, sealed off. For a while you could see the silent, helpless suffering of the brain behind the eyes, then finally the brain must have died, because the eyes went out, and there was no more feeling in them than a crab’s eyes on the end of a stalk.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Y'all shoulda just responded to Immortan the same way I did.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Immortan posted:

What about the harassment and bomb threats he gets?

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/List_of_Gamergate_claims#Bomb_threats.21

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Pope Guilty posted:

Then you should probably hate NRx nonsense, being as it's all about turning the entire country into a corporation.

Nationalism and progressivism are both natural responses to corporatism dominating U.S. politics & affairs for decades.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Immortan posted:

Nationalism and progressivism are both natural responses to corporatism dominating U.S. politics & affairs for decades.

:allears: of course you're a Bernie Bro. That's why you hang out in the Drumpf thread and defend Milo Yiasdfa;lkjfus with your every breath.

I have some good news and some bad news. The bad news is that you're a medically verifiable retard, and no one will ever love you. The good news is I can ignore you, so I don't have to deal with a shambolic pile of human sadness until its inevitable banning.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Hermetic posted:

:allears: of course you're a Bernie Bro. That's why you hang out in the Drumpf thread and defend Milo Yiasdfa;lkjfus with your every breath.

I haven't. Also, are you really so angry to the point that you can't spell words correctly?

Hermetic posted:

I have some good news and some bad news. The bad news is that you're a medically verifiable retard, and no one will ever love you. The good news is I can ignore you, so I don't have to deal with a shambolic pile of human sadness until its inevitable banning.

I think you're projecting here.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Man, goons are easy.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Man, goons are easy.

Trolling PYF mock threads is like mugging the elderly, really.

Easy and profitable but not exactly something to brag about.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Immortan posted:

I haven't.

see when you deny that the thing you're doing is actually happening, that's when you tip your hand

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Immortan posted:

I haven't. Also, are you really so angry to the point that you can't spell words correctly?

I think you're projecting here.

Ok, honey.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Immortan posted:

Shouldn't a public figure be angry about twitter pulling shenanigans like that?

How pathetic does your life have to be to care about a 10x10 pixel graphic?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Who What Now posted:

How pathetic does your life have to be to care about a 10x10 pixel graphic?

Luke Bozier in his memoir posted:

Milo was stirring, and I wanted to see what he was keeping in his boxer shorts. I figured with all of the swagger this guy had, his dick must have been pretty big. I was about to find out.
Reaching down under the duvet, I pulled on the ubiquitous elastic strap which holds boxer shorts in place. A weird experience. I was more used to a thin elastic band holding skimpy pants or a thong in place. Boxer shorts were new to me. Milo got the message and assisted in removing the Calvins or Ralphs, or whatever they were. With anticipation, I lifted up the duvet and headed down.

Taking hold of the Yiannopoulos penis, I recoiled in surprise. In place of what I expected to be a huge, swagger-laden cock, I found something rather smaller, rather less impressive than I'd expected. I felt cheated. There must have been some mistake. This wasn't what I expected from a fully-grown man who walks the Earth with the arrogance of someone who owns much of it. Well, I wasn't going to let that hold me back. At least now I knew the truth. I continued and made the best out of the situation. Actually I find smaller penises much easier when it comes to performing oral sex on a man, but that's just personal preference.

:laugh:

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Ordinarily I hate it when people quote idiots I have on ignore, because I don't want to read their drivel.

In this case, seeing how mad he is makes me happy. :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Phil Sandifer just put out a Kickstarter update with a link to the current manuscript of NaB to backers.