Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Finster Dexter posted:

Question on Zuckuss pilot... has anyone run the numbers on when you do/don't want to use the extra attack die?

Just off the top of my head: red dice are better than green dice, so you always want to use the extra die if you a) have focus/TL and the target doesn't, b) you both have focus.

You don't want to use the extra die if your target has focus but you don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
e: Yeah, makes sense.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Use 4-LOM crew with Zuckuss. Nothing like rolling 5 range 1 dice and not allowing them to use a focus.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Anyone around this afternoon and want to play some TTS?

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

hoiyes posted:

Use 4-LOM crew with Zuckuss. Nothing like rolling 5 range 1 dice and not allowing them to use a focus.

This is what I've been thinking of flying a little bit. He hits like a truck, and I've found just HAVING the tractor beam messes with people's minds a bit.

This is the list I'm currently trying out:

Contracted Scout (25)
Deadeye (1)
Proton Torpedoes (4)
Extra Munitions (2)
Boba Fett (1)
Overclocked R4 (1)
Feedback Array (2)
Guidance Chips (0)

Contracted Scout (25)
Deadeye (1)
Plasma Torpedoes (3)
Extra Munitions (2)
Overclocked R4 (1)
Feedback Array (2)
Guidance Chips (0)

4-LOM (27)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Zuckuss (1)
Tractor Beam (1)
Mist Hunter (0)

Total: 100

However, I'm going to try this without Boba/Proton and upgrade to R4 Agromech.

Finster Dexter fucked around with this message at 18:23 on May 14, 2016

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

On that New York regional stream posted earlier someone is pulling the craziest K wing list.

quote:

Warden Squadron Pilot (23)
Extra Munitions (2)
Advanced Homing Missiles (3)
Proton Bombs (5)
Guidance Chips (0)

Extra Munitions (2)
Proton Bombs (5)
Guidance Chips (0)

Extra Munitions (2)
Proton Bombs (5)
Guidance Chips (0)

Total: 99

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I want that dude to win.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I'd swap in at least one ion bomb or missile to help set up the others.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Kai Tave posted:

I want that dude to win.

He's doing pretty good right now, Inqy and Whisper at 1 hull, Palpy dead, 2 Kwings full hp with one missile and bomb remaining, 1 Kwing on 1 hp with everything spent I think.

Spiggy
Apr 26, 2008

Not a cop

Eimi posted:

On that New York regional stream posted earlier someone is pulling the craziest K wing list.

He's pulling off some crazy zone control and pushing the Ace part of a Palp Ace build out of 90% of the fight. It's stuff like this that makes me want to pick up a few K-Wings but I'd probably never get on this dude's level.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Spiggy posted:

He's pulling off some crazy zone control and pushing the Ace part of a Palp Ace build out of 90% of the fight. It's stuff like this that makes me want to pick up a few K-Wings but I'd probably never get on this dude's level.

He's really making me consider advanced homing missiles, that's for sure. I have a dumb Poe/Nera list with 30 points free, I'm thinking of fitting two Z's in there, but I can fit two Bandits with AHM and now I kind of want to try that.

Eimi fucked around with this message at 19:38 on May 14, 2016

Spiggy
Apr 26, 2008

Not a cop

Eimi posted:

He's really making me consider advanced homing missiles, that's for sure. I have a dumb Poe/Nera list with 30 points free, I'm thinking of fitting two Z's in there, but I can fit two Bandits with AHM and now I kind of want to try that.

Yeah, I never realized how an early AHM crit could break an ace's ability to reposition after the first pass if it doesn't outright kill them.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
how evil is this combo? VI Wes +Corran with Juke. Think about it, a juke double tap? Wes strips the focus off, suddenly, you know you can cancel a green result each time( I know, stupid rear end gimmick)

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Eimi posted:

Holy gently caress. I'm in love. Wish I were there.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Link to the NY regional stream?

Went to a hanger bay tournament today and won a copy of Rebellion. Pretty fun format.

\/\/\/ thank you \/\/\/

banned from Starbucks fucked around with this message at 23:18 on May 14, 2016

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."
https://www.twitch.tv/gengame

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

zVxTeflon posted:

Link to the NY regional stream?

Went to a hanger bay tournament today and won a copy of Rebellion. Pretty fun format.

\/\/\/ thank you \/\/\/

Hangar bay is a lot of fun, reminds me of a warmahordes tournament except it takes like 3-4 hours maybe instead of 8-9.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Spiggy posted:

Yeah, I never realized how an early AHM crit could break an ace's ability to reposition after the first pass if it doesn't outright kill them.

Trip report, firing off AHM with Z's take's a lot of skill that I don't have. :v: I'd have done a lot better but Poe and Nera had two range one shots and could only roll one hit. So that was brutal. One z died with missiles still loaded. Thinking of doing some stupid things with this dumb list, either going to prockets, or dropping Autothrusters from Poe for Talas with either AHM or Prockets. Like Prockets aren't amazing, but they are Chimpable and you keep the focus.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
I went 3-1 with XXX-stravangaza, all three wins were 100-0 blowouts. :getin: I still missed "Best Rebel Pilot" by like 10 points of MOV though. :(

Also, I wanna try that K-wing list, but I only have two...

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Anyone who wants to contribute to a meta where K wings don't mount TLTs has my absolute blessing.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

I just watched one of the worst choke jobs i've ever seen. Two brobots with plenty of health have Fel down to 1 HP, Jax dead, and the shuttle down to 5 HP. They proceed to lose the game through some bizarre maneuvers that give up shots for no positional advantage.

Spiggy
Apr 26, 2008

Not a cop
The match was painful to watch between the maneuvers and all the fat fingering going on.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Yeah that was awful. Wish I could have seen the triple K-wing game instead

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Tried rexler with dark curse, and two other names TIEs. Running stress and avoiding greens and K turns, I killed Wedge and Poe after some fancy rear end maneuvering, but finally died when I landed within half an inch of Luke facing head on.

Regardless, your advice kept me alive longer than normal. I think I'm getting better.

Aragaith
Jul 26, 2006

Kirisame Marisa.
In space.
Help.
Well i went 3W-3L for that regional. Got destroyed first round due to 4 direct hits on my falcon, one was counteracted by chewbacca, the other 3 and 2 basic damage destroyed him through bad luck. otherwise list i posted last page seemed to do ok, i just need to work on positioning.

Also the guy who was running the brobots on stream is like 16 years old, good kid, just the pressure of being on cam seemed to mess him up and cause him to choke when he should have won.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
They really needed a second day for this Regional in NY. They've been playing (and streaming) for over twelve hours. The casters are starting to fall asleep!

Edit: Hell yeah, dual IG-88s in the finals. Semi-finals?

LifeLynx fucked around with this message at 04:48 on May 15, 2016

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Choking with Brobots is practically my night job.

Anyway, crossposting from the SAmart, I'm dumping some Wangs:
Hi getting rid of some X-wing stuff: 50% of whatever the regular retail is. Buy two and I'll ship in the US for free.
Everything is punched, some dials have slight wear. I can give you pics if you need 'em.
Some of the bomb and extra munitions tokens are marked with black sharpie on the edges.
Cards, tokens, all included.

3 Scyks
Starviper
3 1 Defenders
Bomber
Punisher
Tie-adv. Prototype (Sorry, missing the icon token)
Interceptor[s/]
2 Imperial Aces boxes
[s]3 K-wings (guns broken on one of the ball mounts, sorry :( )

Prefer Paypal, PM me if interested!

smug jeebus fucked around with this message at 07:48 on May 15, 2016

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
As of midnight CDT I'm still waiting on game results from:

The Gate vs Overdesigned
Langolas vs De Rol Le
guts and bolts vs Spiggy
Herux vs Brunas

Has anybody seen guts anywhere lately?

Without further ado, next weeks games:

POOL 1:
Overdesigned vs De Rol Le
The Gate vs Langolas
ConfusedUs vs Major Isoor

POOL 2:
Herux vs Talas
Brunas vs ro5s
General Battuta vs Spiggy

POOL 3:
Strobe vs Chemmy
Finster Dexter vs Aramoro
ZenMastaT vs guts and bolts

WILD KARRDE GAME:
Gerdalti vs siggy2021

CROSS-POOL GAME:
Deviant vs canyonero

Thanks to everybody who has given me results for the first week of games already. I've heard siggy2021 in particular was an excellent sport, and the games I saw mentioned and posted looked like everybody either had a lot of fun or learned something or both. Keep on going, goons.

For the curious, current standings:
T-1. Chemmy +5 (200)
T-1. General Battuta +5 (200)
3. Deviant +5 (171)
4. Talas +5 (169)
5. Strobe +5 (167)
6. ZenMastaT +5 (126
7. Gerdalti +5 (125)
8. Major Isoor +0 (75)
9. canyonero +0 (74)
10. Finster Dexter +0 (33)
11. ro5s +0 (31)
12. ConfusedUs +0 (29)
T-13. Aramoro +0 (0)
T-13. siggy2021 +0 (0)
T-15. Overdesigned, The Gate, De Rol Le, Langolas, Herux, Brunas, Spiggy, and guts and bolts. SEND ME YOUR MATCH RESULTS.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Would running twin /D TIE Mk II deltas with tractor beams alongside a PTL X/7 TIE Mk II Ryad work with the fire arc fuckery? I'm thinking push the enemy into collision paths or get them in a combined fire arc to focus fire. It'd require near perfect formation movement, but just a dumb idea.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

I've tried a lot of TIE/D. It might work with like a big swarm to hit after the tractor, but it feels gimmicky.

TIE/x7 lets you fly like a lunatic and get free evades.

StuG Jeebus posted:

3 2 Skycks
Starviper
3 1 Defenders
3 K-wings

One of each taken. Thanks.

Chemmy fucked around with this message at 06:36 on May 15, 2016

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I ran this today.

VT-49 Decimator: · Captain Oicunn (42)
Intimidation (2)
Extra Munitions (2)
Conner Net (4)
Anti Pursuit Laser (2)
Tactician (2)
· Rebel Captive (3)
· Mara Jade (3)
· Dauntless (2)
TIE Fighter: Black Squadron Pilot (14)
Crack Shot (1)
Stealth Device (3)
TIE Fighter: Black Squadron Pilot (14)
Crack Shot (1)
Stealth Device (3)

Vs a buddy who was running some fett and bossak build. Lucky crits won me the game but drat is a ramming decimator fun. I wish more ships could ram. Give me a mod for the punisher for ramming.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

I feel like the biggest issue with TIE/D is the same problem slapping a missile on an A Wing has. It's viable, but you need to have a real clear plan for it to justify not taking the discount the x7 gives you on top of the possible free evades.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

StuG Jeebus posted:

Hi getting rid of some X-wing stuff: 50% of whatever the regular retail is. Buy two and I'll ship in the US for free.
Everything is punched, some dials have slight wear. I can give you pics if you need 'em.
Some of the bomb and extra munitions tokens are marked with black sharpie on the edges.

3 2 Skycks
Starviper
3 1 Defenders
Bomber
Punisher
Interceptor
2 Imperial Aces boxes
3 2 K-wings (guns broken on one of the ball mounts, sorry :( )

I'd be into an Imp Aces and the Interceptor. No pms but my email is noxsachi at gmail dot com

KO Derf
Jan 14, 2003

Doctor Rope

BJPaskoff posted:

They really needed a second day for this Regional in NY. They've been playing (and streaming) for over twelve hours. The casters are starting to fall asleep!

It just finished up a few minutes back (Crappy mirror match finals). Great for me watching at work. Bad for being one of the players or casters there though.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Up at 5am today to go to regional in the next city. My kid kept me up most of the night. If I manage to finish all my matches I'll be winning.

KO Derf
Jan 14, 2003

Doctor Rope
You still flying your brobots?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

StuG Jeebus posted:

3 Scyks
Starviper
3 1 Defenders
Bomber
Punisher
Interceptor[s/]
2 Imperial Aces boxes
[s]3 K-wings (guns broken on one of the ball mounts, sorry :( )

What's your location? I'm semi-interested in the remaining Defender and Punisher but am in UK.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Swagger Dagger posted:

If you want to get in on Tabletop Simulator action, it's on sale for 10 bucks at the humble bundle store.

A dollar goes to charity! :getin:

I'm gonna figure out how to use this thing and play in the next TTS league.

Godammit, I just bought it full price on Steam! :saddowns:

Question: which mod is it people are using for TTS X-Wang?

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."
X-Wing Miniatures Game - Complete Collection and X-Wing table (with Automated Movement)

Those are the two main ones, I think. I just got the game myself yesterday and have yet to play a game. Right now I'm just noodling around with the UI and features. The auto-move dials seem finicky as hell and once they act up it's a big song and dance getting them back to working as they should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

thespaceinvader posted:

What's your location? I'm semi-interested in the remaining Defender and Punisher but am in UK.

Just outside of Philly in the US. Shipping costs wouldn't be worth it I think.

• Locked thread