Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Stellaris is extremely good in mp but the single player needs some work. It's still decent though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh do we wanna do a Imp Zone multiplayer game this weekend. Fast Speed only no pausing?

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Sure I'm in

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

my first game of stellaris and it gave me a sol system a couple short jumps from my home sol system lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Oh do we wanna do a Imp Zone multiplayer game this weekend. Fast Speed only no pausing?

I'm in, also

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

In Training posted:

yeah

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What time are people available tomorrow

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I'm probably free saturday and sunday

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm free all day baby

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

has anyone tried the better sectors mod

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

what does it do

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

it allegedly fixes the sector management ai.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
what's broken with it?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PleasingFungus posted:

what's broken with it?

It doesn't actually do anything like build stations, and it frequently ignores the checkboxes and builds over all your science labs or whatever

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
I just realized I bought Mare Nostrum and haven't played EU4 a single time since it came out. :yikes:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Pick a time so I can plan around it.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KoldPT posted:

I just realized I bought Mare Nostrum and haven't played EU4 a single time since it came out. :yikes:

Navies have more useful missions and the AI is better (less flighty, but still not suicidal) but the UI is worse than before and takes way more clicks. There's yet another extra step of things to click on a province after you conquer it, and there's yet another random drain on income because People Keep One Tagging How Do We Fix It

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

Pick a time so I can plan around it.

How about Saturday night.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Saturday's good

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

How about Saturday night.

Works for me

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

its night time now

wheres the game????????????????????????????????????????????????????

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well I probably should have said a time or something.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There's no time like the present

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I'll play tomorrow if you guys are down.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This game is fun in multiplayer. And Larry and stair master and trying to backstab my rear end.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I tried to block off IT's best path of expansion but he was thinking a step ahead of me and built an outpost of his home on the chokepoint to his space

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

we had so much gfun larry dropped off the face of the earth :rip:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Stellaris multi is fun and kind of a different game because all youre doing is trying to obliterate the AI, until everybody is so bloated that teh knives come out and you start turning on each other. We have a file saved with a bunch of empires still around, and are gonna play tomorrow, if people want to jump in. You can just pick up from one of the other AIs. We are planning on playing around 3pm west coast, 6pm east coast. for those interested

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

we got real cocky and declared war on three empires at once, but by the time we initated the conflict on the third, public opinion of our alliance was so bad that nearly every AI joined in on the fight and Larry panicked and accepted a lovely white peace when we had a 50+ war score and owned the capitol of the main target, lol.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

we got real cocky and declared war on three empires at once, but by the time we initated the conflict on the third, public opinion of our alliance was so bad that nearly every AI joined in on the fight and Larry panicked and accepted a lovely white peace when we had a 50+ war score and owned the capitol of the main target, lol.

When I sent it we had 15% and thne you finished the cap on a planet right before they accepted it. Lol. Maybe we should use Discord or something next time so we have some idea of whats going on

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In that case we probably should have just paused, but yeah discord would be handy. I wish the chat window was always open because it's not like I really need that left hand side of the screen 99% of the time

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

lol

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

did the eu4 patch reverse the paradox curse or is it still bad

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Only curse was the retard's in Games forum jerkin their weiners to Wiz and getting him hired at Paradox so he could singlehandedly ruin every product he's worked on

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

actually, the dlcs wiz made for eu4 were the best, and immediately after he stopped being team lead paradox poo poo out mare nostrum which sucks rear end (maybe they fixed it in 1.17 idk)

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

wiz did make vicky 1 scenario that's more fun than the actual game

edit: wait ive said this 90 times already

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

war in mid to late game stellaris is hell

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

strong bird posted:

Only curse was the retard's in Games forum jerkin their weiners to Wiz and getting him hired at Paradox so he could singlehandedly ruin every product he's worked on

Wiz made eu4 good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Yeah wiz made every good expansion