Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

You're probably severely overthinking it, it really isn't very complicated

Use this for visual: http://www.tosbase.com/game/classes/

You start with the base class, Swordsman/Archer/Cleric/Wizard. Every 15 class levels you move up in rank, and you choose a new class from the ones you have unlocked. Each class has 3 circles, which get you access to more ranks of your basic abilities, as well as new ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

So I've been trying this game out and the one glaring issue that really stands out is a bug that makes my character think he's in the Exorcist and constantly turn his head around to face directly at the screen no matter what direction/action he's facing or doing. I looked it up and apparently this was brought to the devs attention as an issue months ago but it's still obviously not fixed. How long do they take to address bugs like this or am I going to need to get comfortable with this issue while I play?

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Verranicus posted:

Downloading this game now. Can someone explain the class system to me like I'm stupid? The OP confused me.

Say you start as an Archer.
|
v
Grind to class level 15
|
v
Now you can choose to be three different things, an Archer/Quarrel Shooter, an Archer/Ranger, or an Archer/Archer. Yes, it's still good.
|
v
Grind to class level 15
|
v
Now you can choose to be five different things, including Archer again. Or Quarrel Shooter, again. Or Ranger, again. (Your two new choices are Sapper and Hunter.)

ain't nobody ever play some multi-class d20 characters before? :rolldice:

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Red Red Blue posted:

You're probably severely overthinking it, it really isn't very complicated

Use this for visual: http://www.tosbase.com/game/classes/

You start with the base class, Swordsman/Archer/Cleric/Wizard. Every 15 class levels you move up in rank, and you choose a new class from the ones you have unlocked. Each class has 3 circles, which get you access to more ranks of your basic abilities, as well as new ones

Okay, that makes it a bit more clear. While I wait for it to patch, having only briefly played the game this is apparently a spiritual successor to, I seem to remember RO being little more than grinding, PVP and hoping for rare drops off mobs. What exactly is there to do in this game besides grind? Is it more quest focused than RO? What sort of endgame is there?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I'm still fresh to the game myself but from what I hear there's a good bit of PVP, enough for people to make dedicated PVP builds at any rate. Game is hugely quest driven too which I appreciate a lot. As far as endgame goes... there's something called Earth Tower that I think people do with parties?

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Verranicus posted:

Downloading this game now. Can someone explain the class system to me like I'm stupid? The OP confused me.

how dare u :mad:

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Silento posted:

how dare u :mad:

It's not you, it's me.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Verranicus posted:

It's not you, it's me.

#BlameSilento

Gnumonic
Dec 11, 2005

Maybe you thought I was the Packard Goose?
Just downloaded this, quick question: I played RO for years as a full support priest, but in RO you could still solo/farm very well with such a build. Am I going to hate myself for going support in ToS, or it is also viable to solo/farm with a full support cleric build?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Gnumonic posted:

Just downloaded this, quick question: I played RO for years as a full support priest, but in RO you could still solo/farm very well with such a build. Am I going to hate myself for going support in ToS, or it is also viable to solo/farm with a full support cleric build?

cleric 2 priest 3 (insert remaining 2 choices here) is one of the better solo builds out there. Priest buffs are so loving good.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

Gnumonic posted:

You won't be a match for a full DPS class but playing support in ToS is much easier.

Two of the bread and butter support spells for the Cleric class, Heal and Cure, can be used as relatively strong offensive damage spells.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Gnumonic posted:

full support priest, but in RO you could still solo/farm very well with such a build

uhhh this is loving not true at all, what are you talking about? Some kind of luck/TU build or something? You can't solo or farm with a FS priest in RO. You can in this game though

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted Worst Mom posted:

uhhh this is loving not true at all, what are you talking about? Some kind of luck/TU build or something? You can't solo or farm with a FS priest in RO. You can in this game though

Step 1: Find area with lots of undead.
Step 2: Heal the poo poo out of the undead.

That's really all it took to level as a FS Priest. TU was useful for leveling on Anubis down in the lower levels of the Sphinx since they gave a pretty meaty amount of EXP but were a little too beefy to heal bomb through. You didn't necessarily have to invest in luck for it but it definitely helped the success rate be something beside trash.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Step 1: Find area with lots of undead.
Step 2: Heal the poo poo out of the undead.

That's really all it took to level as a FS Priest. TU was useful for leveling on Anubis down in the lower levels of the Sphinx since they gave a pretty meaty amount of EXP but were a little too beefy to heal bomb through. You didn't necessarily have to invest in luck for it but it definitely helped the success rate be something beside trash.

I mean, I agree but you're basically out of places to go after glastheim/prison unless you're counting the casual undead hanging out in niflheim. So that leaves you at about high 60s or something? Then you spend the rest of your life dying to ancient mummies and anubis and hoping for TU to proc because you sure as hell aren't solo-ing necromancers. I loved playing FS, but solo was actually hell.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Anyways, as a FS priest lover, playing FS-ish priest in this game is awesome

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

The Geffen guild dungeon was alright for res bombing, at least way back when I played. I guess it helped that my guild/alliance consistently controlled most of the castles there

Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008
Do I need to have a token active to buy from the marketplace? I found a weapon I want but when I try to buy it I get an error saying "This function will be available after 5/14/2016 15:31"

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
new accounts can't use the market right away. you don't need a token, you just gotta wait out the timer

Fuzzy1
Feb 20, 2011
What weapon is it? One of us can always buy it for you (unless direct trading is also on that timer?)

Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008

Fuzzy1 posted:

What weapon is it? One of us can always buy it for you (unless direct trading is also on that timer?)

It's a morning star +5, I can just wait. What is the time listed as, GMT?

e: I actually just found a morning star so I guess I'm set for now, yay.

Mikemo Tyson fucked around with this message at 16:51 on May 14, 2016

Fuzzy1
Feb 20, 2011

Mikemo Tyson posted:

It's a morning star +5, I can just wait. What is the time listed as, GMT?

e: I actually just found a morning star so I guess I'm set for now, yay.

Nice! I think the time is EST.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Man, my inability to focus on one character is a serious issue. I've got like 3 character concepts I want to pursue all at once.

1) A Sadhu build with a few different variations I'm considering. Either Cleric 2/Krivis 2/Sadhu 2/Plague Doctor or Cleric 2/Krivis 1/Sadhu 2/Druid 2 (or Druid 1/Plague Doctor)
2) A Wugushi build with Archer 1/Ranger 2/Wugushi 3/??? (Possibly Cannoneer?)
3) Wizard 1/Cryomancer 1 and horrible crippling indecision on what to do with it.

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

I was somewhere around the middle of page 86 in the Cognitive Dissonance thread when the drugs began to take hold.

only only only only only only

Comic posted:

Is Squire worthwhile as a support class? Poking around I can't tell if their whole gimmick of a base camp is worth it or not. Similarly, if it's worth putting more than one point into since it seems to only lengthen the time it lasts.

Peltasta 3 - Squire 3 full con is the meta tank for the end game dungeon, squire apparently gets a soup to reduce hp and sp tick rate by 10 seconds that is combined with krivis and/or summoner to do some broken things. Note that going full on tank like this is horrifically boring for hundreds of hours before that is relevant.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Man, my inability to focus on one character is a serious issue. I've got like 3 character concepts I want to pursue all at once.

1) A Sadhu build with a few different variations I'm considering. Either Cleric 2/Krivis 2/Sadhu 2/Plague Doctor or Cleric 2/Krivis 1/Sadhu 2/Druid 2 (or Druid 1/Plague Doctor)
3) Wizard 1/Cryomancer 1 and horrible crippling indecision on what to do with it.

This is honestly why I kinda got burned out before I even really got started. gently caress if I'm gonna grind 20 archers just so see what I like, or God forbid allocate my stats sub-optimally. This is the most ancient system for character speccing I've seen in a long time.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Pardoner... what? Why? Is it a good class?

Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008
So I'm trying to buy TP but can't seem to find where to do it at. From what I googled it says that TP will be purchasable once the game leaves early access. Isn't it out of early access? I want to add a token for that sweet sweet 30% more xp from monster slaying.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

YoshiOfYellow posted:

You passed the not getting krivis 3 test for build one. My old main was a krivis 2, bokor 2, -- For what its worth I pretty much feel any build with krivis would be better without it. Most builds diev seems better than krivis in every way, but then again I stopped playing that character and maybe I'm just biased.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

Mikemo Tyson posted:

So I'm trying to buy TP but can't seem to find where to do it at. From what I googled it says that TP will be purchasable once the game leaves early access. Isn't it out of early access? I want to add a token for that sweet sweet 30% more xp from monster slaying.

Can't yet, they are releasing new packs pending steam approval soon, apparently.

*It's the plus move speed you really want. You get it for the exp, you keep it because moving slow is impossible after a token.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Mikemo Tyson posted:

On lots of maps it works to be far less than +30% exp because it's additive with a bunch of other bonuses you get just for existing.

I guess it's close enough to +30% in instances.

Coldstone Cream-my-pants
Jun 21, 2007
Just started playing today. Where do I get rewards from 100% exploration? Also, can I really not give this 2H sword I found to my Highlander friend?

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

The Royal Scrub posted:

Just started playing today. Where do I get rewards from 100% exploration? Also, can I really not give this 2H sword I found to my Highlander friend?

Wings of Vibora NPC in Klai or Orsha. I think you can trade without token now, but it will be permanently bound to the receiver.

Coldstone Cream-my-pants
Jun 21, 2007

Silento posted:

Wings of Vibora NPC in Klai or Orsha. I think you can trade without token now, but it will be permanently bound to the receiver.

Weird, when we try it just says "feature not available until (some date like 3 days from now)"

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Yeah that's their botting and gold selling prevention thing that does very little to combat either of those things but kind of fucks over legit players

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

Sacro posted:

Peltasta 3 - Squire 3 full con is the meta tank for the end game dungeon, squire apparently gets a soup to reduce hp and sp tick rate by 10 seconds that is combined with krivis and/or summoner to do some broken things. Note that going full on tank like this is horrifically boring for hundreds of hours before that is relevant.

Thanks, back in RO days I would continuously fall towards builds that needed a lot of party support (and then play solo 99% of the time and regret it) so it's good to know I should fight my instinct here and not do that.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I gave all my talt to silento and i didnt get even a guild invite. I would watch out for this silento guys scams!

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

forge posted:

I gave all my talt to silento and i didnt get even a guild invite. I would watch out for this silento guys scams!

#BlameSilento

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

forge posted:

Did he threaten to ruin the end of star wars if you didn't give it to him? I just vendor my talt because I'm the worst.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

forge posted:

wow look at this guy :jerkbag:

He didn't even ask!

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Wait, you can trade items without a token now? I read that they were going to relax that restriction but I did not see if they had actually followed through on it yet.

Is there no way to send an item to an alt character without the team storage from a token?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Voted Worst Mom posted:

I mean, I agree but you're basically out of places to go after glastheim/prison unless you're counting the casual undead hanging out in niflheim. So that leaves you at about high 60s or something? Then you spend the rest of your life dying to ancient mummies and anubis and hoping for TU to proc because you sure as hell aren't solo-ing necromancers. I loved playing FS, but solo was actually hell.

There was a time long ago in RO where Glastheim and Clock Tower were basically the endgame. I remember one of my priest friends getting really angry about them adding in hunter flies to the Glastheim Graveyard. And back then, mobs only auto attacked.

• Locked thread