Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

If Ncio went any further inside he'd have been on the grass with Hamilton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Guys stop fighting. Let's all celebrate such a special moment in F1.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Diet Crack posted:

You are a colossal moron.

Oic, I've got the wrong corner. Ok well Nico is even stupider for cutting across like that sorry

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

pik_d posted:

Lewis is the following car, not Nico...

Yes, and nico had track position and was on the racing line. You can't just barge someone out of the way because they are in the place you wish to be and are slightly faster than them.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
Fastest laps flying all over the place.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
FYI that was a classic Lewis dive bombing Nico move that worked ever time last year because Nico would melt down

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

It was Maldonadoesque.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Goetta posted:

FYI that was a classic Lewis dive bombing Nico move that worked ever time last year because Nico would melt down

This post has some merit.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Goetta posted:

Ya even if he gets a penalty from this it was probably worth it for Nico. Lewis is going to think twice before trying to squeeze him out now.

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?
https://streamable.com/a8kh

/dummyspit
/throwtoysoutpram

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

If Ncio went any further inside he'd have been on the grass with Hamilton.

Yeah it was my bad, I thought it was the left hander next and that Nico was being oblivious and taking the racing line, instead he was a moron and swerved across the track offline which is even worse

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
Wouldn't mind seeing Palmer in a faster car, he likes a dogfight.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

learnincurve posted:

Yes, and nico had track position and was on the racing line. You can't just barge someone out of the way because they are in the place you wish to be and are slightly faster than them.

If Nico was going to defend the inside he should have done it sooner. Lewis was committed to going there and Nico reacted to that and closed the door too late. Lewis, already committed, had nowhere to go and ended up off the track then into Nico's car.

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

Don't worry guys, Ron knows the guy who drives the crane.

NtotheTC posted:

I'm on C4 and we haven't had the interview yet. What happened? I'm guessing they didn't follow your fanfiction script

Do you just follow me around every time I post in this thread?

What do you think happened? Wolff said nothing of relevance really, the most scripted and neutral thing he could say. Surprised he didn't start talking about Ferrari potentially challenging them for the championship now.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

NtotheTC posted:

Yeah it was my bad, I thought it was the left hander next and that Nico was being oblivious and taking the racing line, instead he was a moron and swerved across the track offline which is even worse

Except you're totally entitled to defend the lead and Lewis can see he was harvesting out of the corner and would've hit him going into the corner at that pace.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Max isn't going to go 30 laps on mediums

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

NtotheTC posted:

He was blocking Lewis....

You're allowed one move to defend your line, Rosberg went way over and Hamilton could've easily swapped over if he didn't double down onto the grass. In my opinion they just tripped over each other.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
why didn't he just put another tire on his car and keep racing

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
tbh I don't really care that much, best outcome for this is that they both get penalties for Monaco. Sky are talking about Lewis getting a point on his licence and getting a grid drop like it's the worst thing the stewards may do to him when that's a best case penalty.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
IMO Hammy deserves another point in his license and therefore a race ban

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Aqualung posted:

Do you just follow me around every time I post in this thread?

What do you think happened? Wolff said nothing of relevance really, the most scripted and neutral thing he could say. Surprised he didn't start talking about Ferrari potentially challenging them for the championship now.

Send them your manuscript again. Maybe they didn't read the part where Lewis screams at them petulantly and quits F1 to be a rapper and his sales aren't very good and red bull win the world championship with VES and he invites you up on to the podium with him because of your excellent posting in TWT

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Oh God is it time for the commentators to complain about blue flags already?

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

I'm not following Ferrari's strategy for Vettel at all. Is it wrong that they stopped so early?

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

NtotheTC posted:

Send them your manuscript again. Maybe they didn't read the part where Lewis screams at them petulantly and quits F1 to be a rapper and his sales aren't very good and red bull win the world championship with VES and he invites you up on to the podium with him because of your excellent posting in TWT

?

aequalis posted:

I'm not following Ferrari's strategy for Vettel at all. Is it wrong that they stopped so early?

It's either the most brilliant thing anyone's ever done, or it's completely retarded.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

aequalis posted:

I'm guessing it was a puncture or something or just Ferrari being idiots

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

aequalis posted:

Playing chicken with red bull or possibly thinking Vettel will be faster on a new set of tyres in clean air and will effectively be able to defend when Daniel has to pit later.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

aequalis posted:

I guess it depends how Vettel looks after his tyres.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

NtotheTC posted:

And then the anal sex.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

NtotheTC posted:

Dude

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

aequalis posted:

Crofty or someone said they set the car up for Friday with it being way cooler so its going to eat tires today. Probably a little bit wrong.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

He was blocking Lewis....

You're allowed one move to defend your line, Rosberg went way over and Hamilton could've easily swapped over if he didn't double down onto the grass. In my opinion they just tripped over each other.

But like someone already said, he blocked too late. There was no time to double back like you're suggesting because the gap closed too fast, the grass was the only option at that point and the rest is history

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Right now Ferrari are looking at a solid 3rd and 4th, may as well try something different with one driver. It's just surprising that it's Seb they are gambling with and not Kimi.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I guess it makes sense to make sure you put first given how loving impossible it is to pass here but that is a long rear end stint on those tires

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

learnincurve posted:

Right now Ferrari are looking at a solid 3rd and 4th, may as well try something different with one driver. It's just surprising that it's Seb they are gambling with and not Kimi.

I don't think that's the case, Brundle said just earlier that Vettel effectively has track position.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I'm about 2 laps behind everyone else on the Sky go stream :(

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

aequalis posted:

I don't think that's the case, Brundle said just earlier that Vettel effectively has track position.

How? He has to pass VES unless VES has to stop again?

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
Ha palmer had to let a guy slower than him through.

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

Aqualung posted:

It's either the most brilliant thing anyone's ever done, or it's completely retarded.

Haha Brundle basically saying the exact same thing about the Ferrari strategy.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I figured it out: Vestappen is going to hold up both Raikkonen and Vettel and then Ricciardo gets past them all on the freshest tyres.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Damnit Nando :(

• Locked thread